/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wondering if any hunters on here can help me with setting up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: rat3[1].jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rat3[1].jpg
19KB, 320x240px
wondering if any hunters on here can help me with setting up some snares.

I've never been hunting or used a snare before, but I recently discovered I've got a big rat problem in my back garden. I don't want to use poison because I have a ton of other wildlife in my garden that I don't want to kill, but the rats are a real problem.

Maybe if someone could post an infopic of some types of snares or something I could set a couple up near where they like to live in my shed.
>>
>>797821
why not use regular rat traps?
>>
>>798347
Because opie is a hipster faggot
>>
>put a small loop in one end of a brass wire (24 gauge works)
>run the tail of the wire through the loop
>now there is a larger loop
>set it up where rats travel. along fence edges is good
>secure tail of brass wire into the ground with a tent peg or something
>????
>realize that for bulk rat trapping, a baited seesaw over a deep bowl filled with ~3 inches of canola oil would be faster and easier
>>
File: Coked up Mousie.gif (2MB, 410x214px) Image search: [Google]
Coked up Mousie.gif
2MB, 410x214px
5 gallon roller mouse trap

Lethal/non lethal.

non toxic.

Problem solved.
>>
>>797821

You realise that snares are also non-discriminatory traps, right? just because it's a snare doesn't mean it will only catch what you want it to catch.
>>
>>799798

1. Remove spindle
2. Pour gasoline on rats
3. Light it up
4. ???????
5. PROFIT!!!
>>
File: 1455.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1455.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
Get this you massive fag.
>>
>>799798
Do they keep doing this when there are 15 dying screaming rats on the bottom?
>>
File: deadfall.jpg (196KB, 1170x717px) Image search: [Google]
deadfall.jpg
196KB, 1170x717px
>>
>>801208

see

>>801209

>Gullible quarry

so basically, yes. You'd be surprised how dumb they are and how individualistic they are. They don't give a fuck about those other rats, they just want the food.
>>
>>801213
I always heard rats were highly intelligent and have rats in their squads who test new food sources for safety reasons

they get observed by the others and they'll start eating when they are sure nothing is fishy

thats the reason why good rat poison takes a long time to work
>>
>>801233
oh, i checked this myth and it seems to be wrong

they get cautious when they find a dead mate and are sometimes able to link it to the food that it ate
>>
>>797821
>I don't want to use poison because I have a ton of other wildlife in my garden that I don't want to kill
And what exactly will stop those snares from at least hurting other wildlife?

Why not go with an air rifle? More fun, more humane, won't hurt anyother wildlife (unless you are the worst shot ever and you fuck up big)
>>
>>801236
Most municipalities in syrup land don't permit use of air rifles outdoors inside city limits. I'd imagine most cities in thr UK and US are similar
>>
>>799798
tried this recently its pretty shit unless you have a big infestation. Also non lethal one is shit cause they just jump out.

This way is better if you dont want to reset traps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpMSrBbn3I&ab_channel=AMotorcycleNut

Personally normal mouse/rat traps work best though.
>>
>>797821
If you live in good old jolly England you could see if there are any Ratter clubs around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCsYg82fBeo

even if you're american there might be some clubs around. or a mate with a jack russel.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.