[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashlight thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (50KB, 665x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 665x438px
Flashlight thread.
>>
File: 20160314_183402.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160314_183402.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>inb4fleshlight
>>
File: 41rd+s+5UwL.jpg (22KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
41rd+s+5UwL.jpg
22KB, 500x297px
>>796004
first for Black Diamond Revolt
>>
File: 620611_storm_vbor_trplpwr_web.jpg (189KB, 2000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
620611_storm_vbor_trplpwr_web.jpg
189KB, 2000x1800px
>>796015
>3 cell vs 4 cell
>IPX4 vs IPX7
Storm is better.
>>
File: SFE2DLUAb.jpg (21KB, 616x361px) Image search: [Google]
SFE2DLUAb.jpg
21KB, 616x361px
>>796004
Surefire E2D LED Defender
Great EDC flashlight
>>
>>796004
$1 chinese led light works like a charm
if it ever gets broken i get an other one for $1
>>
>>796004
What light is this?
>>
Olight s1/s2 baton or thrunite tn12?
>>
>>796240
Olight
>>
I just use a 2 D-Cell LED Maglight
>>
>>796217
LEDs changed the game unlike many modern innovations. Appreciate the light because bigfoot is out there.
>>
>>797396
isn't bigfoot supposed to be completely harmless?
>>
>>797381
oh god why?

do you enjoy poor performance?
>>
Ive only ever needed/wanted my Black Diamond spot and then a compact fenix e01 as a backup ( not much larger than the AAA it uses)

Unless your spelunking or some shit you dont meed more than that. It is cool to light up an entire forest with one 1000 lumen spot lamp but its pretty unnecessary and you'll go through batteries like no tomorrow
>>
>>797725
Poor performance defines my life. I wouldn't be comfortable with anything else.
>>
>>797756
you define yourself, my anon friend. do yourself a favour and pick up an LED AA format torch, Olight, Zebralight, Nitecore, Armytek, any of the reputable brands will be miles better than what you have. Sure you won't be able to use it like a truncheon like your D cell maglite, but at least you'll be able to, you know, see stuff at night.
>>
>>797756
the kwads have spoken
>>
>>796211
i like Surefire lights and have several of them, but honestly i don't think this is really the best choice for someone from /out/
i'd find an old 6P and get a aftermarket drop-in for it, though the removable led that came with the earlier led models is pretty good right out of the box

>>796227
not op, but it looks like this model
http://www.jetbeamlight.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=30
>>
>>797732
>Unless your spelunking or some shit you dont meed more than that
some people just like things that you don't think are necessary and they also may not agree with you.
sorry anon
>>
>>796240

I own both, I prefer the 12. Plus the tn12 makes an awesome weapon light for my AR. Also thrunite has a better / longer warranty.

Also all those modes that the Thrunite has, fuck yeah.
>>
>>797899
No im right.

You dont need it. You may want it, but you sure as shit dont need to blind everything within 100 ft just to find some firewood or set up a tent
>>
>>797988
Yea im the dick for trying to help someone avoid spending money on shit they don't need.
>>
>>796004
>flashlight thread

Oh, this should be illuminating! :)

>>797988
inb4 post deleted
>>
>>798039
>shit they don't need

So you don't think anyone needs a flashlight? If so what's wrong with actually getting a good one? I'm all for buying reasonable gear here but there's $30-50 led lights that smash a mag light while being more practical to carry a few spare batteries for if you're doing more than a night in a woods.

Seriously the buy poor or gtfo meme on this board is so old it's why I hardly come here. It's like you kids legitimately hate people that can budget more than $5 for anything. Enjoy never owning anything you're legitimately proud of for the sake of not overspending on a wanted upgrade.
>>
File: 137887930.jpg (81KB, 337x508px) Image search: [Google]
137887930.jpg
81KB, 337x508px
>>797715
>>
>>798134
See your wrong. I never said go cheap, and i buy expensive shit all the time if its worth the money. I said spending money on anything with huge amounts of lumens is unnecessary. 1000 lumens is fucking ridiculous and completely uneeded for a flashlight. If it were ANY situation where heavy lighting was needed, he would be asking for a headlamp because any activity that needs alot of light requires both hands
>>
>>798221

Are you by any chance retarded.....or do you just never go outside your house?
>>
>>798289
Can it be both?
>>
>>798297

No. One or the other.
>>
What's a good head lamp I can use with a red led?

There are a couple models I'm looking at, but I might as well get opinions before I commit to one.
>>
>>798335
Depends alot on budget range.
Coleman makes a decent headlamp that is bright and has 3 different colours of light that retails for about 35 CAD. My buddy has one ans took it out on a kayak, it got water in it and doesnt work anymore. But, if you wont be using it on the water its probably good enough.

If you are, the black diamond spot has an ipx rating of 6 or 7 with a bright adjustable light and a red one. Retails for 50 CAD

If you want something heavier, black diamond has another model called the icon that has a back battery pack and brighter lights

I have the spot and have no complaints.
>>
I bring two lights on most trips.

First is a Princeton Tec Fuel headlamp. 35 lumens, 150hrs on 3xAAA on low setting, which is plenty bright for around camp or on well marked trails (though for perspective, I prefer to not use a light as long as I have some moonlight). Think it was about $30. I understand there is also a version of it available with a red LED option.

Second is a Surefire G2X. 320 lumens, three hours run time on a pair of LR123 cells, about $80. Very bright, tight beam. Did a tactical course with it, and could easily discern details of man-sized targets at 50yds with no moon. It honestly doesn't get used on 90% of trips, just want to have a serious light available.
>>
>>797777
haha thanks, I'll definitely check those out!
>>
File: ZL.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ZL.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Best AA lights available. They offer an outstanding ratio of power to duriation. They are well built, thought out.
Love mine, which is an SC5 neutral white with orange peel reflector.
>>
This one is an another AA feed light, but utilizes 4 AA (think long duration as well as an easiest to find battery type).

It has a long reflector, allowing it to be have an exceptionally long beam distance (throw). It is dissipates heat efficiently, as it is made out of a single piece of alluminum.
It is a powerful light.

I add a diffuser on mine, available from Nitecore or other places, easy to find size, to light up an area in front of me. Or a silicone cone type diffuser from Klarus to make it a want/chandelier like light.
>>
File: EA45S_OI-580x580.png (86KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
EA45S_OI-580x580.png
86KB, 580x580px
>>800633
A forementioned Nitecore.
>>
File: clarus silicone.jpg (27KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
clarus silicone.jpg
27KB, 500x335px
I also have an old Black Diamond headlamp, also AA powrered, that is uneatable so far. It has three LEDs for long, and close range applications, a wide variety of modes (including blinking for emergencies).

But what I really like is a silicone cone from Klarus, that converts both the ZL and Nitecore into a lantern/chandelier/marker for walking along a road or for lighting up an entire room/bunker at night. No shil for the product, I just really like it, and it took some research to find this awesome product -- lots of people make their own diffusers, but this thing can stay attached to your light while in the backpack and be compressed by other stuff and not break and function whenever you take it out.
>>
>>800630
SC5 is too heavy weighs the same as their 18650 lights. You get twice the output for the same weight. The only benefit of the SC5 is the commonality of the AA format.

The previous generation SC52/H52 was the sweet spot IMO in size/power. You could also run 14500s in them.
>>
Convoy s2+ is a great outdoors light. Perfect balance between throw and flood, and available as just the tube or pre-built.$7 ish on fasttech for a great ultralight aluminum tube and a solid swith. I'd recommend going lower lumens like 700ish for battery life, i never run my 1000 lumen at full power unless I'm working on my car.
>>
>>796004

Each time I see this light I think I'm on /p/
>>
>>797381
It's a good self defense tool that won't ever be questioned in court. It takes the whole "premeditated" charge off the table the same way being in possession of a ball and mitt takes "premeditated assault" off the prosecutor's plate when using a baseball bat in self defense.

That said, I give it a "D+" grade for it's primary function of being a flashlight. Incandescent lights just don't hold a candle-watt to LEDs these days.
>>
File: IMG_20160608_131445.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_131445.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Loving it!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.