[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 24

File: tent.jpg (83KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tent.jpg
83KB, 1500x1500px
I'm looking for a 2 person 3 season tent light enough to backpack with. What does /out/ recommend? Also, general tent thread.
>>
just bought:
https://www.amazon.com/Wenzel-Ridgeline-Tent-3-Person/dp/B00A8E47O8/ref=sr_1_7?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1466185072&sr=1-7&keywords=3+person+tent

the other day. looks like quality and is lighter then average. Keep in mind though I'm 6'2 200lb /fit/ so I can muscle the thing. It's 7x7ft at 6.25 lbs
>>
I bought a coleman Flatwoods II. 4 person. It is a little heavier at 9lbs, but it is really good in harsh weather. I was having 30mph gusts and rain and it stayed up and kept me dry. Also, it isn't too bad on the bank. Picked mine up for about 60 bucks.
>>
im having a hard time as well,

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KGQ2PDI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GC9QJT3ODLSS&coliid=I2LS3JVO3X0IY1

this looks okay to me
>>
File: DSC_0018.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0018.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Some of my tents. AMA, also get a small tunnel unless you know your shit.
>>
Also have a tent ask: I'm looking for something that's bikepacking portable and extremely durable for long term use - not just four season and heavy duty, but that'll stand up to long term UV exposure.

Size is probably the most flexible thing within the limits of being able to be stuck on the back of a touring bike. Larger would be better, but I'm completely used to sleeping in a bivy at this point.
>>
>>797565
Some context: I'm in the early stages of planning a bikepacking triple a few months long. I'll basically be living out of this thing, setting it up at free/cheap US national park campgrounds, and leaving it up for days at a time in the sun. I'd like to not destroy this doing it.
>>
>>797237
mexicans do go /out/
nice teepee and UL tarp, idk what the other ones are though
>>
File: 0324160915.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0324160915.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>797575
Mexican here. I bought this half dome from REI. Have had it for 4 years without a single,problem
>>
>>797237
What's agood ul tipi to get?
>>
File: Some_lavvus.jpg (234KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
Some_lavvus.jpg
234KB, 640x359px
>>797575
Actually not even Mexican, but Arab in pic. Refugees in Europe, you know...

Others are MLD Duomid and Hilleberg Nallo 4GT.

>>797694
Depends on what you are going for: How many people? Pricepoint?

The best UL tipi in the world is probably the Laufbursche Lavvu: However, you will need to sell your firstborn to afford it. It only weighs 560g (!), though.

Pic related, from back to front: Tentipi Safir 7 cotton/polyester (approx. 13kg), Tentipi Zirkon 7 "lightweight" (approx. 5.5kg) and the Laufbursche Lavvu, made entirely in Cuben, 0.5kg.
>>
File: new.jpg (322KB, 1000x3250px) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
322KB, 1000x3250px
>>797694
>>797695
Other alternatives, from top to bottom:
>01. Black Diamond Mega Light - Sleeps 4 - 1050 g - approx. $300
>02. MLD Supermid in Cuben - Sleeps 4/5 - 580 g - approx. $800
>03. Nigor Wickiup (same as Old GoLite ShangriLa) - Sleeps 4 - 1300 g - approx. $300
>04. Tentipi Zirkon 5 - Sleeps 5/6 - 3900 g - approx. $1000

Loads of alternatives everywhere, though. Check out aliexpress for cheap chinese alternatives, mostly manufactured by the exact same factories and people as the overpriced, branded "western" alternatives...
>>
File: Duomid.jpg (312KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Duomid.jpg
312KB, 1600x1199px
>>795583
Recommended: MLD Duomid Silnylon: Palace for one, spacious enough for 2, >650g, affordable if in US.
>>
>>797237
Are you wearing fucking suspenders and Toms, while /out/ in burgundy skinny jeans?

You garbage.
>>
>>797726
As I tried to state earlier: Not me. Just a fellow of Arab descent that happened to be in a "get-out-of-the-couch-and-come-/out/"-group that I get payed for guiding on short treks.

Tents were set up to point and tell about the joys of backpacking and camping in the Norwegian mountains.
>>
File: SAM_3540.jpg (346KB, 986x555px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3540.jpg
346KB, 986x555px
This is just a one person tent but I really like it so I'll just post it.
Also heard of a guy riding through Africa on a bike with this one (in beige).
Strong in wind, waterproof, light and fast to build/take apart:
>Wechsel Pathfinder Zero G
>>
>>797701
>MLD Duomid Silnylon
wish we could get something like that over here in britbongland
>>
I bought a five person alpine design tent for 90 bucks, how bad did I fuck up?
>>
>>797800
Not at all, most likely... I have paid upwards of $3300 for the four tents I posted here
>>797237

THAT is fucking up.

Good on you for not being a retarded gearfag like me.
>>
File: 48767-3003161504031864061390.jpg (77KB, 1723x791px) Image search: [Google]
48767-3003161504031864061390.jpg
77KB, 1723x791px
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/oex-phoxx-1-man-backpacking-tent-p360400

Can anyone tell me if this seems good, I need a tent for a few weeks of solo hiking in the south coast on England.
This looks alright enough, despite not having too much room, it also seems easy to put up and fairly light.
>>
>>797847
Hmmm...

Tent looks alright, I guess. I'm actually quite fond of tunnels, though this is not "actually" a tunnel, as it does not get the full structural "integrity bonus" when the hoops are not integrated in the flysheet itself.

Anyway -- price seems OK, though far from a steal.

70 cm isn't really a lot of headroom, and you might feel cramped if having to stay inside for a prolonged period due to inclement weather -- though that hardly seems likely for a few weeks on the south coast of England. Not especially long neither.. might get trouble with condensation in the foot end if your sleeping bag presses the inner against the fly.

BTW, are you the same guy from the other thread that is planning to walk along the entire southern coast?

Oh, you also have NO porch area, i.e. inside space for drying shit and cooking or storing kit and pack.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend it. Too heavy, not a bargain, not 4-season worthy (as it should have been for that weight), too cramped and no porch.

I'll find you some better suggestions...
>>
>>797858
Yes, I am from that thread. I just saw another tent thread and am now comparing a few tents.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H5IPJ7Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1D7AYWLE1QWT8&coliid=IJ8SW21A3JFJL
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1D7AYWLE1QWT8&coliid=I34D5LPUHIL1YW
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HV9Y7TS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1D7AYWLE1QWT8&coliid=I3ATZH5JFLLE8F
>>
File: Yello.jpg (29KB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
Yello.jpg
29KB, 1000x424px
>>797847
Followup question: Do you plan on using hiking poles? If not, you should, it's awesome and just the right amount of gay. Also, you don't need to carry extra poles for the tent,,,

Oh, crosspost by you. From the top:
>Vango Talas 300: Forget it. Waay to heavy for one, and useless floor area inside.
>ALPS Mountaineering Lynx: Better, relatively lightweight, looks roomy, and has a porch for cooking in shit weather.You're getting there...
>VANGO Helix 100: No. Same problem as the OEX-tent; cramped, little headspace and no porch. Also on the heavy side.

Just from Amazon UK, I'd much rather recommend the Vango Zenith:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Zenith-100-Tent/dp/B00HV9YA68/ref=pd_vtph_200_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2M61EDJ514CVY8Q0K211
Or, if you're looking to save a quid, the Yellowstone Matterhorn:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yellowstone-Matterhorn-Tent/dp/B01CI2RGZO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=31WYlGA-0RL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=6838G3M7NPZ7632KRBKZ

Both the latter ones solve the space problem by giving you immediate access to all your kit right beside where you sleep. They seem to have ample headspace for sitting up, don't weigh a ton, and won't brake your budget. Especially not the Yellowstone tent. That is a seriously cheap tent -- I would've bought it just for shits and giggles... On the Vango, you can probably just drop the inner tent and get a 50 g bugnet, saving a lot of weight...

Pic related -- looks nice and a proven design (Hilleberg Akto, Helsport Ringstind, Terra Nova Laser etc...)

Anyway -- if I'm honest, I would recommend ditching the whole tent thing all together, and get a cheap, lightweight tarp in silnylon, and a matching bivy. Lighter, cheaper (do nothing beats the Yellowstone tent), more versatile and a lot more fun. That is, of course, if you're carrying at least one hiking pole...
>>
>>797890
"Brake your budget". Nice.
>>
>>795583
I have an alps mountaineering tarus 2 that I like a lot. Isn't exactly ultralight but it's very sturdy and has a big ass vestibule on both sides that is handy for keeping things dry. Half dome configuration makes one person set up manageable and 2 person setup stupid easy. Also is fairly cheap to buy
>>
>>797890
I have 2 hiking poles in the mail, however I dont feel confident enough to make tarp shelters yet, I am looking for a tarp and bivy so I can learn how.
Since the trip is gonna take a few weeks I could feel better and safer having a tent to secure my equipment, its at the coast so it will have to withstand strong wind, and possibly heavy rains, I can't make a good enough shelter with a tarp to survive that.
>>
>>797890
The yellowstone seems to have shit tier poles according to alot of the reviews, I would rather reliable gear that I can trust instead of ending a journey short because of the tent breaking.
>>
File: Filson Tent.png (707KB, 1380x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Filson Tent.png
707KB, 1380x1000px
>>
>>798027
is this a fucking joke?
probably look great in the family room
>>
>>798027

Oh god, yes, please notify me when stocked.
>>
To all the UKfags.

What's the best UK online store (in terms of pricing and choice) to get a good tent? Amazon has a good selection, but I'd be happy to go with an alternative.
>>
>>798214
Gooutdoors is pretty good. You can save a fuck ton on a tent if you get their £5 discount card aswell
>>
Are Alps Mountaineering meme tents?
>>
File: tent_9-600x450.jpg (116KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tent_9-600x450.jpg
116KB, 600x450px
Any opinions on the Wild Country Zephyros 2?
>>
>>797565
>but that'll stand up to long term UV exposure.
You must dry your tent on the morning and pack it even if you are not moving. No tent will age well under the summer sun.
>>
File: zoom_Laser_Ultra_2_Tent.jpg (43KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zoom_Laser_Ultra_2_Tent.jpg
43KB, 800x800px
>>798592
It's a nice looking tent. Wild Country is Terra Nova, the company that used to, and to a degree still are, on the forefront of ultralight development -- especially the double wall "complete" tents. It's available for $108 at massdrop right now -- but then you'd have to wait quite a while. MSRP in Britain is £200, I believe.

Of course, if your willing to go a little over budgetm you could rather buy the Terra Nova Laser Ultra:
http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/ultralight-lightweight-tents/laser-ultra-2-tent/

Sleeps two, weighs 650g. Only £1000.
>>
>>798214
My favourites, as a Norwegian ordering across the North Sea:
>www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk
>backpackinglight.co uk
>www.facewest.co.uk/
>>
>>798626
Seems abit out of my price range.
The Zephyros 2 is around £120 from millets right now, pretty good compared to the near £200 on terra nova website.
>>
>>798635
Well, the Zephyros 1 is £114 at UOG. 1372g for the entire tent, which is quite allright, I suppose. Free UK delivery...
http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/one-person-tents-c74/zephyros-1-p1829
>>
>>798637
I would prefer the zephyros 2, it has more space so you can fit your kit and sleep comfortably without being too cramped. I think the little bit of extra weight is worth it.
>>
>>798642
Well.. valid point, I guess.

Just go here, start at top, and browse down until you find something that more or less matches your price point.

Then, look around for better deals. UOG know their shit, and weight all their tent before putting them out in the shop.

Find a design you like, and look around. Great shop.

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/two-person-tents-c26#page1:infscr2561
>>
I got a Banshee 300 and it's going to be just me. I like the space + headroom.
>>
>>797847
I bought this exact tent the other week as it happens
It's a lot smaller than it seems, and youre gonna have a hard time if you want to be comfortable with your gear in there
>>
what are the creme de la creme of tents? i'm curious what, if any innovations there have been beyond reducing the weight with premium materials like titanium and carbon fiber?

only interested in buying a budget tent in the long run but curious to see what i should be looking out for.
>>
File: product-p-5214J_99-1500.1.jpg (134KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
product-p-5214J_99-1500.1.jpg
134KB, 1500x1500px
>>797572
Use pic related to help protect whatever you buy. You can get it online easily.
>>
So, for heat and sun which is better, ventilation or UV protection tent sheets? Im thinking to buy Coleman Darwin 3 but i dont know if UV protection just a meme.
>>
File: Keron_4_GT.png (175KB, 1015x541px) Image search: [Google]
Keron_4_GT.png
175KB, 1015x541px
>>799251
Hmpf. "Creme de la creme" is difficult: You want different tents for different uses.

For hardcore basecamping, I'm fond of my Tentipi Safir cotton/polyester blend. A nice fire going in the middle, and you're comfy AF. Also, check out the line from Seek Outside.

>http://tentipi.com/safir,en-gb
>https://seekoutside.com/tipi-tents/

For hardcore expedition\ tents, Hillebergs Black Label are some of the best tents in the world. The Hilleberg Keron (pic related) will take any blizzard, and your kids may inherit it. Of course, other well renowned manufacturers make similarly nice tents: The North Face V25 is a legendary Everest staple: The Helsport Xtreme lineup Extreme have seen more trips to the South pole than most others.

>http://www.helsport.no/produkter/telt/x-trem?___store=english
>http://no.hilleberg.com/EN/tents/black-label-tents/
>https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/ve-25-2

On the other hand, a lot of American producers of lightweight equipment are really starting to make an impact, even in Europe.. Look up the MLD Duomid and Trailstar, and tents/shaped tarps from Hyperlite Mountain Gear and ZPacks.
>>
>>798609
No nylon tent will, but I'm wondering if there are good acrylic/polyester/etc options.
>>
>>795583
Is a Four Seasons tent too warm for summer in wester New York or The Adirondacks?
>>
>>801420
Is there any serious difference between 4 season and 3 season tent?
>>
>>801440
>>>801420 (You)
From What I have read, there is only the one tiny vestibule for air, and that can result in it being warm in the summer
>>
>>801440
difference between 3 and 4 season tents are almost entirely strength. And some other little features like snow skirts etc on some i guess too, oh and often a 4 season tent will have a mainly fabric inner, rather than mainly mesh. It's mainly strength though, including the ability to take a beating in a gale, and withstand a meter of snow falling on it overnight.

4 season tents can be well ventilated. 3 season ones can be poorly ventilated. it's all down to the design on the particular tent.
>>
>>801559
Truth.

Also, whereas many three season tents have space between the fly and the ground as part of their ventilation solution, most four season tents have extra vents higher up on the tent walls, so that spindrift doesn't clog up you fresh air supply...

Also strength.
>>
how does this look?

https://www.amazon.com/Weanas%C2%AE-Waterproof-Aluminum-Skylight-Outdoor/dp/B00QPVCCW2/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
>>
>>799187
I have a Banshee 300. Can just about fit two people in it with overnight gear. The porch is tiny, just about big enough to boil water.
>>
>>797661
Hey, I have that tent. No problems. A bit heavy for a backpacking tent, but not game breaking imo for two people. Had mine for at least 6 years with no complaints. Easy to set up and get in and out of. Robust.
>>
>>802672
>>799187

How is ventilation of Banshee 300? Im thinking to order one but gonna mainly use on summer and in 40 celsius hot weather. Also how is packed size? Can i carry it easly with 70 litre backpack?
>>
File: snow.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Would love for some recommendations.
Perhaps from you anon: >>799304
You seem to know your shit, but others probably do as well.

I want a 4 season tent that can take some hard conditions but not as extreme like the ones in the linked comment.
Something that can take some 7k summits (the easy ones) mountaineering and off season weather in northern Europe and Canada, though doesn't have to be able to take the full force of winter.

Price 400-600$ or so is acceptable.
Weight I guess no more than 3.5kg (is that possible)
2-3 person tent.

I already have a light tent that has done well enough in strong winds and rain in the summer, so I'm looking something to complement my /out/ ability in harsher conditions.
All recommendations are welcome, I really have no clue where to start...
>>
File: matterhorn1-7-of-7.jpg (417KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
matterhorn1-7-of-7.jpg
417KB, 1200x800px
question about the Yellowstone

I have my expensive tents in another country (I am in UK the rest is in NZ). SO thought I maybe try this one as it is damn cheap.

What could I buy to upgrade it with 20 GBP?
Or would it be better to buy a 40 GBP tent?

Also does it make more sense to tell someone that travels with me to huy another one or should I go for a 2 person tent- which one would be a good low budget Yellowstone?

I do not know all the words for stuff with tents so any input would be appriciated.

Want to do a Scotch tour in Spring on my tour bike as I am planning on doing my A-licence this winter.
>>
>>795583
Question:
Does are one suggest or warn againt a four seasons tent in summer? Can it get sweltering?
>>
File: Elena.jpg (98KB, 848x636px) Image search: [Google]
Elena.jpg
98KB, 848x636px
>>802682
Linked anon here.

Hmpf; not really sure about you 3.5kg limit for 2-3 person ...on 7k summit. 7000 meters is really fucking high. People die there -- not like "death-zone-my-body-eats-me-from-within"-Everest style, but weather conditions at 7k can be devastating. Not to say at actual summits with little to no natural shelter against wind.

I mean, shitloads of mountaineers have frozen to death in blizzards on Aconcagua (<7k), which is not a technical mountain to climb ("easy"), and pic related is a shelter put up to save lives in inclement weather conditions, well below the summit stretch. You get my point.

SO. Don't summit camp at 7000m. Of course -- maybe you meant 7000 FEET as I suddenly realized now you are most likely imperialanon.

Suggestion will follow.
>>
>>802695
See
>>801559
>>802305
>>
>>802726
>for 2-3 person ...on 7k summit. 7000 meters is really fucking high.

Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear... When climbing a 7k you don't actually built a tent on the summit, but about 1k under it, conditions are not that horrible in season on the mountains that are considered "easy".

>I mean, shitloads of mountaineers have frozen to death in blizzards on Aconcagua
extreme weather conditions can kill the most trained and prepared people. I'm talking about conditions expected within reason.

>Don't summit camp at 7000m.
not intending to carry a tent to a summit :)

> Of course -- maybe you meant 7000 FEET
lol nope... my pic in previous post was at about 4,200 meters. which is apparently 13,700 feet or so...
>>
File: Up we go.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Up we go.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>802726
Thanks for the reply by the way :)
sorry for the misunderstanding...
>>
>>802750
>conditions are not that horrible in season on the mountains that are considered "easy".

Perhaps I need to clarify this a bit... one would also consult with the weather forecast. Of course extreme weather can happen at any time of the year, but then we all know we're taking risks that cannot be 100% eliminated.
>>
File: 1467060648362258991507.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1467060648362258991507.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
>>802681
Ventilation is moderate. There is a zip mesh flap at the head of the tent and some vents around the apexes which are hooded with cardboard sort of frame.

The doors are not double/mesh layered so you can't use those for ventilation if there are bugs around.

I haven't used it backpacking yet so can't comment on the size, so I've attached a photo with a 500 ml bottle (and 180x120 cm ground sheet) so you can see for yourself.

On the plus side it is cheap and pitches quickly and easily with the fly and inner as one. I feel like it is pretty light for the size and price.
>>
File: tent.jpg (281KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
tent.jpg
281KB, 1200x800px
I just bought this

its several kilos

did i fuck up
>>
Hijacking this thread, any recommendations for a tent for the PCT? I'm thinking BA Fly Creek UL 2, but I've also heard Copper Spur UL 2, as well as all of the tarp tent alternatives. I'd like to get something that doesn't require trekking poles because I don't really use them aside from long distance hikes. I've also tried the whole tarp thing, but I live in the southeast and all of the mud and bugs gets to be a problem so I'd prefer no tarps
>>
>>803203
well, the pct is 2500 odd miles. if that's not a long hike for you, then we're in no position to advise you.
>>
>>803203
I spent some time over summer with a friend who had just got the BA Fly Crk UL2. Pretty rad little tent. I'm a clumsy kind of guy so I avoid things that are _that_ lightweight. But I would definitely recommend it, it blows the fuck out of my Kathmandu Larsen
>>
>>803240
luckily I go on hikes other than the PCT you goober
>>
>>802915
Thanks, packed looks really small for 3p, i can carry it easly. Well as i said before my only problem is weather, too bad doors are not mesh layered but i will definitely keep eye on vango
>>
>>803020
Looks pretty comfy famalango.
>>
>>803360
it's only 3p if you leave bags outside and like your friends a lot
>>
>>803324
and how is that within the scope of your question?
>>
Hey guys I just received my ALPS Lynx 1 and I really like it.

Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>797701
How does that do in the winter?
>>
Bump for my questions here >>802682
anon >>802726 you still around?
>>
>>803020
Probably nice for camping with car, canoe or bike, maybe not so much for backpacking, hiking or mountaineering.
Up to 3 kilos can probably be hiked with, but I personally never use tents over 2 kg.
>>
File: bivy.jpg (33KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bivy.jpg
33KB, 1000x1000px
I'm looking into getting a bivy of some sort, preferably one under $200 and hopefully with mosquito mesh. I would like versatility, so something that's breathable enough for the summer but still warm enough for the winter (if used in conjunction with my sleeping bag, which is rated to 30 degrees F). Does anyone have some recommendations?
>>
>>806527
Have you ever used a bivy?
If the answer is no, then borrow one from a friend and try it our before buying on. Use it a couple of nights hiking.
It's not for everyone, and I know quite a few that got one and regretted it.
>>
>>806535
Unfortunately I do not have any friends that own one, but I was thinking I'd get one at REI and if I don't like it, I could return it, since they have a pretty generous return policy.
>>
>>806602
Although, their selection is not very large
>>
>>795583

http://www.campers-village.com/121688/Grizzly-4-Tent-Alum./

how does this look? only 1 pound more than the 3 person, decent size, vestibules.
>>
>>806535

Not him but, I like the idea of a bivvy - but where do you store your gear? Does it fit in side the sack or do you need to get a tarp to cover you and the bivy?
>>
>>804076
Back, sort of. Sorry, but I am appearantly suddenly, luckily, divorcing my wife... asked her to leave the house a week ago, and now sitting here with two kids, alone. Which is gonna be awesome, I think/hope/believe, once everyone gets over the first months.

So, just checking in to let you know that I sort of have more important stuff to sort out.

Sry, though I'm sure you'll figure the whole tent thing out on your own or with someone else's help. Protip: make a spreadsheet with loads of tents and loads of different categories, figure it out.

Science the shit out of it.
>>
>>795583
Marmot Trial Light 2

I have the green one

Or the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 (only difference is that there's a 3rd pole, but a shelf
>>
>>808247
)
>>
File: DSC_0034.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0034.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>808175
Yeah, well, you know, seems you're gone as well..

Also, in general, to you and everyone else in this thread: go to aliexpress and look for "3f" "ultralight". Shit is awesome, great quality, ridiculous prices, fast shipping and great tents/tarps/bivys/whatever. Have just received an inner tent, a silnylon tarp and a ponchotarp; workmanship seems impeccable, shipping was free, payed close to nothing.

Pic related, my duomid with my new 3f inner.
>>
>>809488
Which tent has the free shipping?

I only see tarps with free shipping
>>
Should I buy an alpine tent or a bivi? Would I be able to set up a snow tent fast enough in the event of an incoming storm?
>>
>>801559
>>802305
One huge other difference (One that caused a hypothermia emergency for our group on Mt. Shasta) is that 4 season tents have complete zipping covers for all the windows, whereas 3 season tents tend to have just flaps over the windows, leaving the bottom part unsealed. This allowed spindrift to come in and soak a teammate's down sleeping bag.
>>
Got myself a MSR Hubba Hubba. Love it. Recently stood up to 3 days torrential rain with now issues.

Just don't get a gf who steals your thermarest
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.