[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /out/ climb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 26

File: Honnold.jpg (192KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Honnold.jpg
192KB, 480x360px
>not living in a van in Yosemite like Alex Honnold
>why even live?

Does /out/ rock climb? Thinking of dropping the rope and going free solo only.
>>
File: tmp_18752-images(6)375803185.jpg (8KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18752-images(6)375803185.jpg
8KB, 236x213px
>>793908
Killing yourself does seem like a reasonable option.
>>
>Hey out! I watch netflix and it just showed me how much of a pussy i am!!!
>>
>>793916
I take it you don't climb?

Aided versus free, rope or not, is not about how big of a pussy anyone is. They are different experiences.
>>
>>793910
Death is a possible outcome once one drops the ropes, but it isn't a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>793908
Seems dangerous but also fun.
>>
File: cathedral peak.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
cathedral peak.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>Does /out/ rock climb?
this has not been a good season, but yes.
>>
>>793908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ

The thing about free solo climbers is that you have a good chance of predicting how they're going to die.
>>
>>794009
Man that's unsettling to see him that high up
>>
>>794012
No shit...and I have fear of heights...To me it looks like he has a death wish
>>
>>794022
He looks retarded ...almost apelike no wonder he climbs well
>>
>>793908
Maybe just stick with bouldering if you want to lose the rope.
>>
File: skulls.jpg (157KB, 552x434px) Image search: [Google]
skulls.jpg
157KB, 552x434px
>>793908
Sure, I do.
And I just thought about going free solo a couple of months ago.
My thoughts were:
I climb almost every 5 UIAA route on sight.
I remeber the thrill when climbing as a child without anything.
There are many routes around 3 to 4 which I can reach easily from where I live.

Maybe I will go for it. Or not.
>>
no it's way to spooky for me :S
>>
File: Apparently_c15ec2_724048.jpg (20KB, 328x266px) Image search: [Google]
Apparently_c15ec2_724048.jpg
20KB, 328x266px
>>793908
I grew up with a guy named danO.
he was a great free solo climber.
he showed so many routes and gave me so much beta. He was a great climber.

>was a great free solo climber
>was

everyone makes their own decision about when to solo a route. just be aware of what can happen and learn when to say when.

LEARN TO DOWN CLIMB REALLY WELL.
>>
I climb all the time, just bouldering and single pitch sport though. Although I'm want to learn trad and multipitch since the area I'm in has a shitload of good routes that I can't do without learning. I don't think I'll ever free solo, seems to risky for not that great a reward
>>
File: LIGAF.jpg (83KB, 599x304px) Image search: [Google]
LIGAF.jpg
83KB, 599x304px
>>793926
Honestly I just don't see the point of it.

The only difference is one way you will worst case get injured if you didn't fuck up real real bad, the other way a small mistake could (and seems like eventually will) mean dead.

I mean I guess that would cause more of a rush, because you're literally risking your life, but is it really worth it?
>>
>>793908
You can only visit a np for 28 days per year and 14 days at a time. Alex is a beast and he does pretty much live in that van. But not forever in Yosemite.
>>
fuck no

injury waiting to happen

>>794301
a lot of people get into it doing those indoor walls, and then want more so they go outside. outside is where people get distracted, make mistakes, and get injured.

i can see the utility of doing the indoor walls for fitness and as a hobby, but fuck actual rock climbing breh
>>
>>793908
Why deprive yourself of the rappel? That's always a shit ton of fun. So is climbing up the wall and not dying due to a minor mistake.
>>
File: cw rap.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
cw rap.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>794737
>Why deprive yourself of the rappel? That's always a shit ton of fun
except when the master point is 3 half inch washers. i don't think they're supposed to be loaded like that...
>>
>>794754
god and i thought old towers were sketchy...
>>
>>794301
>more of a rush
>good thing while free soloing
nope. you want to be as level and in control as you've ever been

>>794583
>not wanting to progress to the mental and psychological challenge of real climbing
fitness is all well and good, but hardly the biggest draw of climbing
>>
I started bouldering at a gym a couple months ago and I've been going 3 times a week. It's fun to see my progress each time; right now I can climb V1 and V2 routes.

However, I realize outdoor climbing is probably infinitely more difficult. At what level would an indoor climber be ready to climb outdoor routes?
>>
>>795030
>At what level would an indoor climber be ready to climb outdoor routes?
you realize that for hundreds of years all climbers started outdoors? just go. climbing indoors does fuckall preparing you for climbing outdoors.
>>
>>795073

>climbing indoors does fuckall preparing you for climbing outdoors.

You mean besides building grip strength and honing technique, right?
>>
>>795130
>grip strength and the technique to follow colored tape are crucial to begin climbing outside
lolnope. i enjoy pulling plastic, but the crossover is less than people think. and the idea that you need to climb 5.whatever indoors to be "ready" to move outside is absurd but appallingly prevelent.
>>
>>794984
>nope. you want to be as level and in control as you've ever been
I think you've misunderstood what I meant by "rush". But that's fine:

its the same thing as climbing the normal way, just increases the risk of dying. So what's the point of it?
>>
>>795154
>I mean I guess that would cause more of a rush, because you're literally risking your life, but is it really worth it?
so please explain to me what else "rush" could mean in this context.

or admit you're a retard who got called out and then tried the worst damage control ever.

your choice.
>>
>>795159
I didn't mean like, nerves rattling while in the middle of climbing. I meant the positive emotion that comes on you in a rush once you've completed something awesome or risky. As far as I can tell that would be the only upside.

Though yes, I'd imagine there'd be a bit of an adrelinine rush while you are in the middle of climbing as well. I guess I can see why you might want to avoid that.

Not trying to be a shithead, I'm actually curious why someone would do this thing. It doesn't seem to make sense.
>>
>>794263
He died free-climbing?
>>
>>795195
ah, like sense of accomplishment. gotcha. i associate "rush" with in-the-moment "WOOOOOO!"

i've knowingly climbed icy 4th class without a rope, and had 80' runouts on alpine 5th class, but true free soloing is something i try to avoid. it happens, but not as a goal i set out to accomplish. i have a wife and kid and parents and brothers i enjoy spending time with.
>>
>>795210
>ah, like sense of accomplishment. gotcha. i associate "rush" with in-the-moment "WOOOOOO!"
Ah yeah, in hindsight is was a poor choice of words.
>>
>>794754
Yikes
>>
>>795149
lol it's fine to set a goal indoors,also climbing indoors means training, before you laugh hit the latter board a bit.
>>
>>795030
>However, I realize outdoor climbing is probably infinitely more difficult. At what level would an indoor climber be ready to climb outdoor routes?

Whenever you have free time to go outside and find some routes. Mountain Project has an app where you can find problems ascended and gps'd by other climbers. Grades are a clusterfuck out there, but just look for low v0-v2 boulders (all pretty much the same) and climb whatever looks the neatest to you.

Just make sure you roll with a crash pad and a spotter... or at least a crashpad. You can always land on your feet from a decent height and be fine, but I heard that the crashpad might spare you from injuries very far down the line.
>>
File: grit.jpg (95KB, 420x595px) Image search: [Google]
grit.jpg
95KB, 420x595px
spent plenty of time in bouldering centres, much prefer longer routes and outdoors though.

been up to the peaks a few times with this guiding us, gritstone is fun its like footholds...what footholds? just smeeeear.
>>
>>795198
No he died doing something stupider. a tensioned free fall off a tower. his balls got so big he started doing shit that made no sense. barefoot solos, slack drops, cam tests. .yeah scary shit that made a lot of people back away and just think he had a death wish.
>>
>>795346
>it's fine to set a goal indoors

yes it is, but it's stupid to set them as a prerequisite for moving outdoors.

that's not to suggest i was immune to that misconception. i started indoors and had the vague idea that i needed to "get good enough" to go outside. fortunately i got drug outside and realized how silly that idea was. it doesn't matter what your level is, there is *something* you can climb.
>>
>>795541

>>795030 here. I didn't start indoor bouldering as a prerequisite to move outdoors. The idea to try outdoor only occurred to me after I started. I was just curious to how one translates to the other.

>>795441 thank you! That's very helpful. I will check it out
>>
>>795620
that was a tangental conversation from your post. the key is
> At what level would an indoor climber be ready to climb outdoor routes?
is a flawed concept. anyone is ready to climb outside now.

if your question is how does indoor climbing compare to outdoor climbing with regards to grade and technique, my experience is "poorly". i climb at a gym that grades notoriously hard for our region, and a 10a there would still be no more than an 8 in the valley. and the technique and features that are used indoors are so disparate from what i see outdoors that climbing an outdoor route that's reminiscent of an indoor route is a notable exception.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (93KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
93KB, 640x426px
>>793908
>went to school with Ian Dory
>he was best friend
>have lots of stories about that guy kek

But if you don't know who he is you probably give zero fucks about pro climbers anyways sooo...

>met Alex P. a few times, crazy hot in real life
>gotta talk to Chris "King of Climbers" Sharma a couples time
>can maybe scend V5 if I try really fucking hard
>climbing is cool though

But yeah I climb occasionally.
>>
I do bouldering indoors. I was too to do rock climbing, but don't have a partner. How does one look up routes and where to go for this. Any suggested sites?
>>
>>794301
I did a bit of climbing/bouldering and it was fun, but not my cup of tea. Ill do indoor climbing because it's a good workout and something fun to do in the colder months, but my /out/ climbing is 95% utility over pleasure.

Not bashing anyone that enjoy it, but it's not my thing
>>
>>795899
mountainproject.com

they have listings for climbs worldwide and a forum where you can find local partners.
>>
>>795899
>>795968
or talk to people at your gym. nice thing about climbing is you have a free ice breaker:
>this sequence is really giving me a hard time. how would you do it?
>>
File: 124451234.jpg (49KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
124451234.jpg
49KB, 640x479px
>>795883
Superior version.
>>
>>795883
Yeah no I don't know Ian Dory but I spend almost no time climbing in CO so not a surprise. But no I also don't care about 'pro' climbers I more am into people who climb out of love regardless of whether they come up with a way to get paid for it. Have spent more time with and learned more from dirtbags than any pro I have climbed with even including Alex Honnold.

Have climbed with Chris before and even done Biographie. He is very talented and a driven guy.
>>
>>796007
All the pros I've met have pretty much only climbed because they love it so much, they just enjoy the benefits of being sponsored along with it.

Hell I love climbing to death and I know I suck. Bought a couple pairs of climbing shoes over beer many times.
>>
>>793908
you know he usually climbs the route roped before soloing right...
>>
>>793908
> tfw 110 k net worth
> tfw no van in yosemite
>>
>>795968
>>795975
Thanks for the infob
>>
>>796069
Yes I do know that. There are many guys who do more free climbing than Alex, many who free at first sight.

Just using him as more of an example of people who love to climb and live it. Financially he no longer has to live in a van to be near great routes but he still does, because that is what works best.
>>
>>796069
isn't that generally a good idea if you want to, you know, not die?
>>
Did a bit of climbing last week as part of a BSA training session (I was a practice participant for some climbing guys). It first time I'd been on real rock in ages. I'm usually the guy running the High Ropes course so it was a refreshing change of pace from the steel cables and wooden towers I'm usually climbing on. I really need to get myself some rope and find places to climb near me.
>>
>>796879
I've been eager to do some outside climbing. I'm just new to the process. I've only ever done bouldering my gym. Still have to get a harness
>>
>>794754
Jesus. In that setup, just go thru the damned chains or leave a bail-biner. Damn, a $5 carabiner isn't more valuable than living.
>>
Getting back into it.
Free climbing and free soloing are a personal choice. You have nothing to prove and everything to lose. No climber wil look down on you for not crossing that line.
I like free climbing and will third class a bit I am not proud of the latter.
I like the adrenaline rush of an unanticipated fall but now I am rationalizing.

Stay the fuck away of anyone who aays you should free solo.
>>
I started climbing outdoors and haven't climbed in a gym yet.

Nothing wrong with doing it either way, so long as you or a partner know how to build an anchor.

There's going to be a climbing gym opening up near my work and I will be going there after work for some training.
>>
>>793908
I've heard him say he doesn't enjoy free solo as much as being roped. You have to climb below your skill level if you don't feel like dieing.

You can push yourself and generally have more fun with a rope.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 340x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 340x375px
>>794009
I'd like to go free solo on that reporters cute ass if you know what I mean
>>
>>798646
I'm trying to get into solo climbing out of necessity. I will be backpacking through southeast Asia in December and plan on hitting as many climbing spots as I can. I may not have a partner for it, and the areas may be very dicey in terms of aid.

Anyone got tips on starting?
>>
>>799209
>Anyone got tips on starting?

Uh... have you ever rock climbed before? A lot of these climbers free climb the route plenty of times before attempting a solo. While also attempting to flash much lower grades.

Save yourself the early death and just boulder.
>>
>>799209
I've heard you can find partners pretty easily in Thailand.
>>
>>799209
You can solo toprope using an ascender like a traxion pulley.

If you don't know how to climb already and build your own anchors it's a moot point though.
>>
>>794263
Dan Osman?
>>
>>799209
do you mean solo technical climbing or solo peakbagging on 3rd/4th class terrain?
>>
>>794754
Fuck all of that
>>
>>799212
Yea. I do bouldering many, but am getting into rock climbing in preparation for December. I plan on using ropes to climb, and setting up anchor points and all other possible safety precautions I can make. I'm not going to challenge myself when I'm alone. I'll do the easier routes when I do go solo.

>>799320
I'm not worried about Thailand or the Phillipines. It's the rest of SEA that may pose a problem.

>>799365
That really depends on several factors. It is looking like I'll mainly be doing technical solo.

I'd also like to add that all the places I've researched have sport routes. I plan on doing the sport routes when I get there. I'm not ready for traditional.

I'll admit that I would love to have the time to gather more experience, but I'm travelling this year and I doubt I'll do this trip again in this lifetime so carpe diem and all that shit.
>>
>>793908
That still won't get you laid. Just like Honnold
>>
>>795883
>>met Alex P. a few times, crazy hot in real life
She's also fucking hot on youtube.
I'd die to meet her
>>
How expensive is it to get into traditional climbing? Looks like you got to buy more stuff for it.
>>
>>800975
cams are generally $60-80 each. for my light and fast alpine rack i carry 6, for more general climbing i usually have 12, sometimes more if i really want to be able to sew it up or there's a wide section i need bigger cams than i usually carry. plus nuts (regular and offset), slings, free biners, cordalette...

of course once you shell out the $ you have the gear and the cost gets spread out a bit every time you use it.
>>
>>801084
How much do you think all of this would run me?
>>
>>802729
you're really too lazy to multiply $70 x 12?
>>
>>796075
Hey brother can you give me some money my paypal is [email protected]

Heres a jiggy for you

I do the gigeroony,
My name is Andy Roony,
This song is really choony,
I live in the boonies.
>>
I have no friends or physical ability but rock bouldering seems fun. I have done it a bit. Also too lazy/poor to carry a crash pad. Also too poor to afford climbing shoes. IDK what I'm asking..
>>
Used to, then my partner got married. uni work took over and I broke my finger in two places...

But I really should get back into it.
>>
File: 20160603_121739-1.jpg (2MB, 3077x1625px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_121739-1.jpg
2MB, 3077x1625px
Fuck that. I climb on hikes but spending more than 20 minutes climbing sounds like shit
>>
File: WP_20150809_17_44_14_Pro.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150809_17_44_14_Pro.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>794263
I was talking to a guy at my crag today about this chick I used to date, fell a few free solos later and took a ground fall. I solo'd that route after chalking up again
>>794737
>>794754
for real, I free solo while dragging a rope, just incase someone wantes to pull me down, but also because
>rappel.
nothing like a nice fat rope and an ATC
>>795030
outdoor climbing is a shit ton of rope/safety gear work and a few minutes of climbing, just gym.>>799209
self belay device(rock exotica is decent) and don't worry about doubling up on the system, just 1 line it. 70m lead line, 70m tagline (for splicing ropes for long rappels)

>attach piece of protection to sharp end of rope
>place rock protection in position for upwarn load
>place second piece of pro in normal loading position
>continue until at top/end of rope
>attach opposite end of rope to anchors
>rappel to retrieve gear and re-ascend.
>verify anchors for next activity and proceed
>>
File: DSC_7091 Panoramattppo.jpg (500KB, 1422x802px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7091 Panoramattppo.jpg
500KB, 1422x802px
>>794301
Free soloing should be done well below your comfort level. The only thing I fear is rock fall but why worry about what you can't control
>>
>>802729
You can also usually find trad gear used that is okay. Look online for folks selling who have good ratings for reliable gear. Find a mentor to teach you. Or take classes with a guide service. Honestly, guide service will give you better, more accurate and safer information
>>
>>802849
Bouldering is actually harder than beginning rock climbing
>>
>>805977
>n00b not knowing what he's looking at or for buying used pro
greeeaaaaaaaat idea, anon

>>805980
sorry braj, pebble wrestling is still gay. doesn't matter how the grades compare.
>>
>>802849
>I have no friends or physical ability but rock bouldering seems fun. I have done it a bit. Also too lazy/poor to carry a crash pad. Also too poor to afford climbing shoes. IDK what I'm asking..

There are climbers who do it barefoot, but I'd imagine there's quite a bit of pain when you start off doing that. If you live in a big city, look for climbing groups. If you live in a city with a university, look for climbing groups.

You don't need a crash pad, but it'll spare you future injuries. It'll also spare you from unnecessary injuries should you decide to flake before topping out. However, people that climb highballs aren't really protected by crash pads anyways. The safety of bouldering is up to you and your discretion, always.
>>
>>805977
If you need to ask about trad gear you shouldn't be buying trad gear.
>>
>>806057
I climb barefoot, also climb exclusively alone. lots of blood and sweat, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>806075
This board is full of so many elitist faggots these days. There is nothing wrong with acquiring the equipment as you read about it, while seeking s mentorship.
>>
>>806033
Used pro is perfectly acceptable you coward. Lots of guides sell off their used gear for about pro purchase prices after it is a season old. It's a win win for both parties.
>>
>>806033
Enjoying never progressing as a climber. You need to train. Bouldering builds impressive strength and movement skills. Enjoy your shit tier climbing ability you judgemental douche bag
>>
>>806577
It's not buying used that's the issue, it's not knowing how to use what you're buying.

Trial and error is not something you should attempt when learning to place gear. You need to be properly trained.
>>
>>806575
I'm looking out for their well being that they may not be aware of you retard enabler.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_080448908.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_080448908.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
My first trad lead;
1 set Metolius Master cams
1 set Metolius TCUs
! set Metolius offset Master cam (holy fuck, so profit)
2 Metolius big cams

>devils lake
>east rampart
>fucking horizontal cracks everywhere
>my limestone experience is conducive with this "pretrified sandstone"
>just walk down the cliff and stop to read routes every once and awhile until that soulful feeling
>fuck, this is it, my first trad lead, rope solo
>get to top of climb after placing gear every 5 feet all the way up
>what a great view, where is my fucking camera?
>fucking rappel
>fucking grab camera
>free solo route I just onsighted
>have hikers take picture of me waving at camera
>some old man and his son out climbing wildly appear
>tells me story about chipping holds by shooting rock wall with gun
>MFW I'm from Texas and this Wisconsin fag needs more cabin fever
>>
I like hiking, hunting, fishing, and staying alone in the woods for days at a time. But I'm terrified of heights... no climbing for me
>>
>>806577
you're a fucking retard. see if you can read my post without getting triggered and look at what i *actually* said

>>806582
>train
exactly. that's all it's good for. i never understand the cliques of beanie wearing faggots that think linking three retarded moves is a stand-alone activity.
>>
>>806666
super devil?
>>
File: check em.jpg (238KB, 731x731px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
238KB, 731x731px
>>806777
trips confirms
>>
File: coxsey hold on.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
coxsey hold on.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
fuck free soloing

>>796007
>Have climbed with Chris before and even done Biographie
kek, only 13 people have done Biographie. Forgive me if I have a hard time believing that one of those 13 people is currently (well, 15 days ago, slow ass board) posting on 4chin. Or maybe the sentence you meant was "before he'd even done Biographie"?

>>795883
>>800221
>2016
>being an alexfag
Shauna C. is superior climb waifu. here is proof

>>806057
>You don't need a crash pad
don't listen to this anon. Unless you're near a crag with soft sand below the boulders (which is uncommon, the norm is rather shit that will break your ankle when you land on it.)
>>
File: IMG_20151104_170250575.jpg (1003KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_170250575.jpg
1003KB, 1456x2592px
wtf kind of hipster scum discusses ninja warrior and offlanguage names of climbs. fuck off you cucks

>>806852
>>795883
>>796007
>>
File: moon.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone /moon board/ here? Share some nice problems so i can krush them
>>
File: p5.jpg (82KB, 440x667px) Image search: [Google]
p5.jpg
82KB, 440x667px
>>807179
forgot to mention mine is on original school + current set A + B (like in pic related)

also pic related is problem 5 7a which I love, great training for what ails me
>>
>>807179
>>807188
sauce, I have never in my life heard of something like this, mildly interested, but I will never have a home wall.
>>
File: IMG_0655.jpg (1MB, 1728x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.jpg
1MB, 1728x2304px
>>808137
>sauce
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moon+board

slightly less snarky, one of my projects for this fall is to build a climbing wall for my kid. got some holds already, now i just need some plywood, 2x4s, and t nuts.
>>
>>808296
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moon+board
just as I suspected. I will skip the artificial climbing like I always do, and spend my time researching real rocks
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1MB, 341x331px) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1MB, 341x331px
>>808478
>just as I suspected
>suspected
>not "know" based off the picture
>mfw
>>
>>806852
Not the guy you replied to but Biographie has recognized routes and the lower has been climbed by a relatively large number of people. Still a damn hard climb.

"Done" isn't something I hear climbers say about routes though, they are usually more specific: "I climbed lower Biogrpahie", for instance so I suspect the guy is a poser.
>>
File: 20150621_213223.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150621_213223.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
>>808296
what are these made of? could they be a lighter weight, same aesthetic as a rock bearing block? or is the socket/divet a hole all the way through?
>>
>>808779
different types of plastics and resins for different textures. some feel a lot like real rock while others are pretty plasticy. holes go all the way through so you can put a bolt in them to attach them to a wall.
>>
Any other key differences between sport and traditional climbing besides the gear needed for trad climbing?
>>
>>810020
trad climbing
>o wow, the rock forms places where I can put temporary protection in, how convenient
sport climbing
>fuck, this is just a sheer face, lets put some bolts in so we don't die
>>
>>810020
>>810036
or
trad climbing
>fuck me this is a shitty hollow flake but i'm 30 feet above my last piece of pro and i don't know when i'll get another so i'll stick this tiny nut here so i can pretend like i have something and feel better but i'd still better not fall on it
sport
>i've gone 6 more feet, time to clip another bolt, lol!
>>
>>793908
I used to climb but then I and my friend got injured during a climb for being stupid. Never been anywhere outside a gym since, and now I'm too out of shape to climb really.

I might get back on that horse but jesus christ is it expensive, and its always smart to bring a buddy and I don't have any climbing buddies where I now live.
>>
>>810046
hey you guys, I found the beta cuck
>>
File: jh.jpg (375KB, 1374x1279px) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
375KB, 1374x1279px
Let's share some useless climbing memes!

I'll start:
>closed crimping is bad
>>
>>810524
>closed crimping is bad
where have you heard that? better yet, how would you even open crimp?
>>
>>810038
this is more accurate. I just started trad climbing, last time i went climbing i was stuck on a route where there was a good 15 feet between placement. it was slab so i would have just cheese grated but i think when i fell over where the crack had a weird overlap i would have rolled or something. kind of hard to describe it but it was an easy route but i really only boulder. needless to say i pooped a little.
>>
File: zUwqrhM.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zUwqrhM.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>810524
Rock climbers have a real drug problem, I hear they're always getting high on crack.
>>
File: h371CD4AB.jpg (28KB, 492x393px) Image search: [Google]
h371CD4AB.jpg
28KB, 492x393px
>>811761
pic related

but really, fewer and fewer, proportionally, thanks to the increase in sport climbing and gyms leading to more climbers focusing on face technique.

fwiw i love crack. except ringlocks. fuck ringlocks forever.
>>
>>811682
it's fun, right? for full value get on an alpine route and run the fuck out of some easy terrain until you find yourself frictioning with no chance of pro 60 feet above your last piece. good times...
>>
>>793908
I recently got my climbing license and have to admit, it is quite an enjoyable pastime.
>>
>>811935
>climbing license
so are you the same troll as >>811690 trying your bait out again, or did you just find it so clever you decided to bring it here?

either way fuck off and die
>>
>>812016
Nope,
>>811935
is me. I'm US, not Canadien. Looks like your thread poster is from Quebec
>>
>>812021
in that case
>plagiarizing bait that shitty
how lazy and/or lonely are you?
>>
>>812042
>plagiarizing bait that shitty
I'm really not sure what you're on about.

Sure I'm lazy & lonely but I kind of like it that way. You really didn't offend me.
>>
>>811761
kek,
>2001. Chris Sharma has been stripped of his Munich World Cup bouldering title after failing the event's mandatory drug test. traces of cannabis were detected in Sharma's urine sample. Sharma won the Munich competition on July 23, just days after sending one of the toughest routes in the world: Realization (5.15a), in Ceuse, France

>>811935
>>812058
I think the point is that there's generally no such thing as a climbing license, at least in the north america. Though some parks do have their own climbing permit system, also some other countries do have a general license system (France has or had that IIRC, though barely enforced)
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.