[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4 days in PNW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: nMp7SRa.jpg (50KB, 429x605px) Image search: [Google]
nMp7SRa.jpg
50KB, 429x605px
My gf and I have 4 days off work this Thursday thru Sunday. We live in LA.
We have permits to go overnight backpacking to 1000 island lake in the eastern sierras. We started talking about just taking off and instead of going to 1000 island lake just throwing our gear on the truck and go explore without a set plan. I always wanted to visit Oregon. The farthest north I've been is Big Sur.
We have to be back on Sunday night and I'd like to camp outside at least one night. We can start driving Wednesday night and drive through the night taking shifts.
Any reccomendations?
I was looking at crater lake in Oregon but it'd be cool to check out all the cities too.
Seeing some huge as redwood trees sounds good too.
>>
>>793434
you're in LA, i wouldnt bother driving that far north when theres cool shit closer to you. awesome trailhead here 36.794855, -118.584907. theres pleanty to explore in the sierras. if you're just looking for a drive then yeah oregon would be cool.
>>
>>793434
or here
36.037125, -118.519003
looks like you can drive right up to a bad ass swimming hole.
>>
considering la-crater lake is 13 hours each way i'd save that adventure for a longer block of time than 5 days.
>>
>>793479
If we leave Wednesday at 6pm and drive 8 hours until 2am.. crash 4 or 5 hours then drive from 7am Thursday we can be there Thursday afternoon. If we hed back Saturday afternoon we can be back by Sunday evening with and spend more than a whole day at crater lake and ample time to drive and rest
>>
>>793485
>spend most of 4 days driving
>1 real day of fun
sounds terrible to me, but if it sounds good to you don't let my opinion stop you.

i'd rather drive <4 hours to kings canyon or the sierra eastside and get to spend almost the full 4 days playing, and save oregon for sometime i have a full week and can spend a good 5 days exploring.
>>
>>793485
>not making the drive in one go between 2 people

Why even drive cars?
>>
>>793512
i agree with this. i would rather spend most of the time camping being /out/ than driving.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.