[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well lads , not really out related but the Mrs and I have made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1449504475268.jpg (25KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449504475268.jpg
25KB, 480x359px
Well lads , not really out related but the Mrs and I have made the decision to move out of the city to get a little small holding going. We are thinking a few acres to keep a few pigs and chickens. Grow our own fruit and veg etc.
Looking for other sc/out/s opinions on what is the best option.
We are thijking either rent a house with a few acres or buy a few acres and build on it ourselves.
With the purchasing of land tho we would need to be really frugral on the building of a house, so we are thinking log cabin or container build
What would out do?
>>
File: b472f7e0.jpg (40KB, 303x382px) Image search: [Google]
b472f7e0.jpg
40KB, 303x382px
>>793363
You are just as likely to get cucked in the country and this time it's worse because everyone you know will find out and you have to see the guy whenever you into town for supplies.
This will not solve your marriage problems
>>
What biome and climate? Dictates appropriate structure type ,, log cabins aren't suited to everywhere
>>
>>793363

If you rent and decide it's not for you you can walk away.

The biggest hassle with building non-traditional is by-laws and building codes. (also fuck container builds)

Remember you won't be able to raise chickens or pigs for less than to buy them at the grocery store (although yours will obviously be better quality) but taking vacation time away when you have animals is a special kind of head ache. I moved into the country, we have ducks and chickens, and we built our own house AMA.
>>
>>793363
Whatever you do, don't buy horses.
>>
http://archedcabins.com/

Log cabins are a ton of work and aren't cheap or easy to properly maintain.
>>
>>793396
Neato. Shipping is a killer though.
>>
>>793363
Buy a few acres.
Buy a local prebuilt storage building and have it delivered (you need to put it on block foundation which isn't much really.)
Install a window or two.
Get a composting toilet (put it in an outhouse if you need to).
Have a water well drilled.
Insulate and weatherize the building as needed.
Get power installed/make your own.

From there you'll have a dry insulated base of operations you can do anything from. If you want to build a house you will be able to, but you'll be able to live in the building right off. You can even install a small window AC unit for under $200.

You should be able to all of this for less than $10k depending on how many acres you get and how large the building is.

PROTIP: you can actually put the building on a trailer so you can move it if needed.
>>
>>793363
me and my wife (and family) moved out of the city about a year ago. we're renting on 2.6 acres. we're planning on buying the house we're in because we're good with the landlord and he doesn't want to move back in.

we looked at ALLOT of other options though. i found 10 acres for 90k, then thr price to build the size house we need (not want) would have been another 250k. we're a family of 7 + animals though. if it was just me and her we could have gotten a single wide or something.

we need to know location for you though to be more help.
>>
Make sure you do a lot of research on water and water rights in the area. My brother is a hydrologist and he consults with independent farmers in the western states and a lot of new operations fail to properly scope out the water situation.
>>
>>793386
Not really loooking to make money , just would like it as a way of life. Living in the UK and prices for rental or buying where we live now are crazy . A friend of mine is really pushing the container build idea but I'm not too keen on it
>>793388
I have zero interest in horses , have a Pupper already and we would like to get another one we have the space
>>793569
The plan was to buy a mobile home (trailer park type) which are prety cheap , and a shipping container to store all our things while we build, after the build is complete sell both on and try get some money back

I have seen these guys that sell the pre fabricated 'log cabins ' which are basically a well insulated wooden shed , a three bed one seems to run at about £20k which seems reasonable

Def going with a composting toilet, would like to install a wind turbine to at least try and save money on power (will all depend on where we move to)
>>
>>793386
A friend of mine lives about eighty miles from me and got a really nice house with five acres and two outbuildings for £90k , he only keeps chickens and ducks , brews his own beer and smokes his own meat , we go down every year and mind the place when he and his wife go on holidays and we love it . Have considered moving there but there is very little in my line of work down there and adding a three hour round trip to my job would be shit . But we love the lifestyle of it and recently said if we don't make the move now we will be stuck in the city for the rest of our lives
>>
File: 1448267981475.jpg (111KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1448267981475.jpg
111KB, 750x750px
>>793363
wow, this is lots of people. where will you put the bulls and your cuckshed?
>>
>>793373
>>794060
I know I should be ignoring this but it is funny how this guy equates moving to the country as being cucked. It's really kind of sad and I hope he goes back to /b/ and continues to masturbate to traps and leave /out/ to people who aren't virgin neckbeards
>>
Keep us updated. I'm living outside of a major city and would love to move out to the country, buy land, and be as self-sustainable as possible.
>>
>>793363

Best image I've ever seen on /out/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.