[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jetboil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: FLASH-CBN_FLASHCARBON-001.png (108KB, 1150x1150px) Image search: [Google]
FLASH-CBN_FLASHCARBON-001.png
108KB, 1150x1150px
My birthday is coming up and my wife has no idea what to get me, so she said pick something out.

Thoughts on a Jetboil stove? I currently use a $10 etekcity amazon.com stove, it's lasted a year, but the legs have loosened up enough that my pot has trouble staying on. It also iseems pretty loud and uses quite a bit of fuel. I've fixed it once, but there's not much fixing to it.

Any other items around $100 that are not necessary, but can be very useful? Something you've wanted but don't want to spend $100 on?

Thanks sc/out/s
>>
>>792625
Couple Mora's, m8. Can never have enough. One of the better knives for being /out/ and battoning wood.
>>
>>792650
I agree, but I already have a mora, great little knife.
>>
>>792653
I mean I agree other than batoning, which I don't do. I have a folding saw that works well.
>>
>>792625
Where do you live, anon? A bear barrel might be worth looking into if you're in bear country.
>>
>>792625
If you are hiking alone for less than a week, use your regular canister stove and pack two canisters.
>>
>>792666
I hike and camp in NY and PA, black bear are around but they aren't really an issue. I have a home made nylon sack i hang my food in.
>>
>>792666
> bear laser

Ftfy, mate.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 572x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 572x548px
>>793016
Kek
>>
I use a jetboil. Once it's filled with water I turn on the gas and press a button that sparks it. It is on within seconds. Within a minute My water is boiling. It has some weight, but other than that, it literally cannot be simpler or easier to boil water. I recommend it
>>
>>792625
>Any other items around $100 that are not necessary, but can be very useful? Something you've wanted but don't want to spend $100 on?

>SterlingPro Pear Shape Doublewall Stainless Steel Mirror Finish French Coffee Press, 35-ounce
https://www.amazon.com/SterlingPro-Doublewall-Stainless-Mirror-35-ounce/dp/B00S7FUME4/
>>
>>792625
if you do get a jetboil, get the minomo, or micromo, it's a lot more versatile in terms of cooking, the regular jetboils are just kettles really
>>
Jetboil = propriatary system and top heavy.

You can make an alcohol stove that'll do just fine and as you sound like a NEET you'd be better off getting something you cant make.
>>
>>793385
I'm 33 years old, and have been working my job for 13 years, I have a college degree, own my home, and I've made my own hammock, under quilt, top quilt, adjustable ridgeline, ridgeline organizer, continuousloops, ground cloth, stuff sacks for quilts, bear bag, and a hammock for my daughter.

Not a NEET, not afraid of DIY. Not sure what part of my first post gave you that impression. Just have zero experience with jetboils.

>>793366
Been looking at the minimo. I might go that route.
>>
File: msr-windburner.jpg (147KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
msr-windburner.jpg
147KB, 443x600px
>>792625
Get an MSR WindBurner (sometimes called a windboiler.) It's sturdier, packs smaller, and works on the same concept as a jetboil. I've used both and much prefer the MSR version.
>>
>>793411
sorry man I clocked birthday and budget of 100 but the 'my wife' part.

I use http://whiteboxalcoholstoves.com/ and its near indestructible
>>
File: Chinese camp stove w igniter.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese camp stove w igniter.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>792625
i bought a cheap 10 chinese isobutane stove, it got delayed so they sent another so i got 2 for 10 bucks and they work pretty good
>>
>>794184
This is about exactly what I had (still have) the legs started to loosen up and my pot is very unsteady on it. It does work ok, but the piezo ignitor seems to have stopped working. Throws a spark, but won't ignite. Put a match to it and it lights instantly.

>>794161
No problem man, plenty of actual neets around here. I like the idea of alcohol stoves, but they do take a little bit of effort to get going at times. I just decided to go with the jetboil minimo. Was about $40 off, ended up being $90.

Overall it actually weigha about the same as my cheap amazon stove and Stanley cook pot. I'll still have the Stanley pot to use for my buddies to loan to.
>>
>>792625
$30.00 for a primus butane stove that can heat water to boiling in 4 minutes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.