[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the necessary kayak fishing accessories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: fishing_kayak.jpg (178KB, 650x413px) Image search: [Google]
fishing_kayak.jpg
178KB, 650x413px
What are the necessary kayak fishing accessories?
>>
>>791565
A kayak
>>
im not a kayaker buy for interest in this thread I'm going to say a big ass hat so you don't get burnt to a chrisp
>>
File: Kayak red.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kayak red.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>791565
boat
paddle
pfd
rod

It doesn't have to be complicated
>>
File: qm tank1.jpg (53KB, 508x436px) Image search: [Google]
qm tank1.jpg
53KB, 508x436px
>>791565
pfd
boga grip
in california law you need to have a net onboard
I carry a vf radio (I fish mostly saltwater)
emergency whistle on my pfd
first aid kit.
A gaff
a bailer.
lots of leashes. leash everything that doesnt float. i make mine from weedwacker line and crimps.

a yakattack box is good to have but you can use a milk crate as well.
A few railblazas on the sides open up a lot of options for rigging rod holders.

I dont use it much because I drift kelpbeds but an anchor trolley does keep you orientated into the current, otherwise buy a small drogue to slow you down when its windy on the water.
>>
>>791565
I want to kayak fish but what if I hook a really big fish and it pulls me out of the kayak? Thats my concern
>>
Not a necessary accessory but the NRS Ronnie Fisher is a pretty awesome PFD.

It's got a drink pocket, two fold down table surfaces and a zip away hood.
>>
File: uvshield-neck-gaiter-headshot2.jpg (196KB, 760x652px) Image search: [Google]
uvshield-neck-gaiter-headshot2.jpg
196KB, 760x652px
>>791626
UV neck gaiter + hat. Doesn't have to be big ass.
>>
>>792230

The drag on your pole should go before your weak ass falls in
>>
[s]pickles[/s]
>>
>>792249
Woops, I meant Astral not NRS.
>>
>>791565

always dress for immersion.

bring a pair of wire cutters that are strong enough to cut the strongest hook in your box. learned that the hard way

beer is necessary.

if you use cut bait a small cutting board is nice to have.

dry box(es)

signal flare kit
>>
>>792253
jesus christ
just use sun cream like a non autistic person
>>
>>792387
not that guy, but these things are the new "in" thing around saltwater... see them every damn where. I just use a bandana.
>>
>>792438
I use one when motorcycling. A Buff. Stays in place way better than a bandana. Sunblock only works for an hour, then you have to put more on. I hate the greasy stuff. Buff gaiter is the way to go.
>>
>>791565
When I have enough $$ I'd like to get a sit on top kayak for my dog and I to paddle around in.
>>
Been kayak fishing out of a sit in for about 3 years.

The essentials; pole and tackle. Water safety kit is a good idea and req by law in many places for kayaks even

You dont NEED much, especially if you fishing small. However ill list what i typically take out;

Pfd (get one with pockets so youll be inclined to use it)
Leatherman surge for cutting line and removing hooks
Tackle boxes
Anchor + trolley
Frabill folding net
Water safety kit ( req by law)
Water resistant speaker and ipod
Phone (incl camera) in waterproof case
Backpack containing first aid, fire supplies, and other handy misc camping gear that isnt too bulky ( folding saw, headlamp, the sort of shit that could be handy but doesnt take up much room)
Sunscreen (100% essential, sun gets magnified by surrounding water)

Im also just getting a fish finder together now so that will be on the list soon
>>
File: canoe setup.png (2MB, 1080x807px) Image search: [Google]
canoe setup.png
2MB, 1080x807px
>>791565

lame. get based canoe.
>>
File: nunu.jpg (112KB, 821x548px) Image search: [Google]
nunu.jpg
112KB, 821x548px
>>796063
>lame. get based
>nucanoe

https://youtu.be/2MIMeFiB-Jc

super stable platform, even for fat dudes.
Ive slept on mine. paddling of course is slower because any wide kayak is going to be slow but the trade off isnt so bad..the transom on the back easily accommodates a trolling motor for those lazy days.
>>
>>791689
This.>>791689
>>
>>792230
Then you don't really understand fishing at all.
>>
>>792438
I know... They are so fucking bad that they will even bully you if you don't wear one. I had a guy even try to give me one... "You're gonna get skin cancer!!! Just wear it!!!"

It reminds me of that Star Trek TNG when they were all playing that game that you wear on the face.... Lol
>>
>>796063
You can safely take a kayak offshore. Not a canoe>>796063
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.