[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ranger encounters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 14

File: hunting trip.jpg (50KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
hunting trip.jpg
50KB, 720x960px
so i just got a $500 fine for camping on my friends private property

>be me
>start hiking to the campsite i want
>i only bring water, knife , and 3 guns
>find site i want
>bulid simple leentoo and fire ring nothing major
>get ready to go out and hunt some dinner
>ranger pulls up thinking nothing wrong
>ask for my hunting license gives it to him
>tells me i cant build a shelter unless im in a survival situation
>tells me i have to be fined $500 now do to pollution violation of me building the shelter
>have to leave the area cant come back
>tried telling him its private property and my buddy says i can came there
>basically says i have to leave or ill be arrested
>tell him fuck you grab my shit and go

has anybody ever ran into this situation if so please leave story and gives help i hate to spend money on this shit
>>
Your buddy has been lying to you.
>>
>>
>>
>>790535
>Tried to tell him my buddy likes to jerk me off and this is his land

Clearly your friend is a faggot
>>
>>790536
its my buddies property i went with him to buy it
>>
>>790548
bro you need to bring a map and some proof when you're cambin near state/federal lands lie that. also, gather said proof as evidence and then fight the fine.

have you considered the fact that you were beyond the boundaries of said private property but didn't think you were? also, where was this exactly?
>>
>>790549
thats what i thought but his property is fenced off so i know i was in the right and im doind some research right now and i dont see shit where it says building a shelter is pollution
>>
if it's true take proof that the land you were cited on is private and evidence that that's where you actually were and fight the ticket. shouldn't be too hard to get it dismissed if it's all square.
>>
>land of the free
kek
>>
File: SH7.png (440KB, 496x441px) Image search: [Google]
SH7.png
440KB, 496x441px
somethin' stinks about this whole story and i will seek it out
>>
>>790560
>home of the brave
just shoot the ranger OP
>>
this is obviously a trollthread and this is obviously where it's supposed to be headed: >>790567
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>790568
which is why
>>790536
>>790539
>>790541
got it right

>mfw we could have had an epic reverse troll thread but >>790547 fucked up the chain
>>
>>790563
Like it's fake? Because you're 100% correct.
>>
File: 1454082445599726.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454082445599726.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
WE GOTTA TAKE A STAND AGAINST THE GOV
>>
OP here
So I've been talking to some friends about this and some are saying its illegal for me to build a shelter here in az

And some other friends are saying I'm on privateproperty they can't do shit.

WAT DO I'm still gunna go to court and fight this non sense

ALSO fuck all you trolls yall need to go back to /b/
>>
>>790708
get a map, get deed, show where you were, show where private property is, show you had permission

end of stRoy this isn't rocket surgery fucktits.
>>
>>790711
It's not the fact of trespassing it's the fact weather I littered by making a shelter
>>
>>790714
the crux of the entire case is whether or not you were on private property. that's what you have to show to get off the hook.

building shelters and distrupting the landscape is generally not allowed without permission, so this is probably true on public/gov't land. it's amounts to vandalizing. you might as well dig a trench or build a treehouse
>>
>>790718
Okay that easy as shit but it only counts if I'm government land correct or does it crossover to private property
>>
>>790535
>Only three guns

Top kek
>>
>>790723
My 308 win
.22 lr
12 guage

Faggot
>>
>>790722
if you were on private property you are off the hook and the fine is unlawful
>>
>>790729
FUCKING HOPE SO

$500 shits alot of money yo
>>
File: geeps_bg.png (14KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_bg.png
14KB, 261x195px
>>790730
let us know how it goes
>>
>>790732
Will do Anon
>>
>>790737
thanks senpai
>>
>>790548
Give me your buddies info. I have some oceanfront property in arizona i am selling cheap.
>>
>>790729
Not necessarily. If you kids think you can buy property and do whatever you want on it are going to be sorely surprised when you buy your first piece of land.
>>
>>790722
depends on the county.
a lot of places have building codes that could cause you problems.

essentially if you need a permit to build your shelter in your county, and the building codes apply, then you can be ticketed and the structure torn down even on private property.

seems excessive though, I'd probably go to court and ask the judge what's up since he knows the law better than you.
>>
>tfw some hick brewing moonshine scared you with his halfassed ranger uniform
>>
>>790754
From the front porch can you see the sea?
>>
>>790843
Nope actually ranger had the badge SUV even a body cam made of that in the beginning
>>
>>790845
are you the guy with the white blazer that goes blasting around off road in the AZ desert?
>>
>>790847
No but I know who your talking about

The guys name is logan and he ain't bad met him once or twice
>>
>>790849
very well.

most counties now have online tax parcel maps. You can look up on a map exactly who owns any bit of land. You might try finding one and double check you were on your buddy's land. Get on google and search the assessor's office for the county you were in. See if they have an interactive map of who owns what.
>>
>>790856
... I only mention it because if your ticket were for building without a permit or having trash on private property it seems very unlikely a ranger would be the one to give it to you.

He's out of his jurisdiction. That's the sheriff's job, or perhaps code enforcement.
>>
File: 1423796056908.jpg (24KB, 450x534px) Image search: [Google]
1423796056908.jpg
24KB, 450x534px
>ranger
>on private property
>>
>>790858
He might mean this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Rangers
>>
>>790857
My ticket was for pollution violation for building a leentoo on private property
>>
>>790864
might be legit, but I still don't see how a Federal Ranger could give it to you.
>>
>>790866
Fuck me Im still gunna go to court I'm not sure how it will go, btw how did you know about Logan and his blazer did you run into him on the trail I'm guessing. That man never gets off the trail lll
>>
>>790867
Can you prove that you were in the place you claim to ave been?
>>
>>790535
OP, you need to really pin down your location. If you manage to confirm that you were on private property when it happened and you have something resembling proof, you need to get a signed letter from your friend stating you were given permission.

Then you need to check county laws to see what they have to say.

If you can release more information on here I'd be happy to help.
>>
>>790866
if the land has conservation value it may be covenant land or protected somehow which could give rangers authority. Especially if the land his friend owns is adjoining a national park, theres a chance its legit.
>>
>>790535
Fight ticket, have your friend bring up in court that the ranger was trespassing.
>>
>>791305
The only proof I have is the map. But i should be able to have my friend come in he said. But the only think I need is just proof I was there witch the ranger should say I was there right?
>>
File: original.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>790599
>>
If it's fenced, then the ranger was trespassing, you should've shot him
>>
>>791642
OP here
Not my property to shoot him sadly and he had to have opened the gate to get to the property in the beginning.
>>
>>790551
So you're saying the ranger climbed over a fence to get to you?
>>
>>791680
Nope there's a Gate to walk through faggot
>>
OP HERE
I go to court tomorrow at 10:30 wish me luck guys
>>
>>793151
luck guys, OP!
>>
>>793151
Fuck off
>>
Summerfags reporting in
>>
>>791425
>Fight ticket, have your friend bring up in court that the ranger was trespassing.

He should definitely fight the ticket and just be honest about not understanding the rules or something. There's a big difference between searching and trespassing, especially since OP and his shelter was probably easily visible from public lands.
>>
any updates OP?
>>
>>794127
OP here
Well the court went well kinda... the ranger appeared and said that he seen me enter the area and he thought I would be poaching so that's why he entered the property. While trying to find the gate to follow me in he said it took about an hour to circle the property and to find me. Once he came to my campsite he noticed the hand made shelter. With a new firering. Than the ranger said that he only went on the property for the well being of the animals. Judge still threw the Case out I dont have to pay the fine since I had permission to camp there. However the park rangers are now basically guarding his property right now so don't know if Im going back anytime soon. But thanks for all the advice saved my ass $500

Thanks again yall
>>
File: 694.png (44KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
694.png
44KB, 200x197px
>>794219
This whole story and ensuing thread was bullshit wasn't it
>>
>>794227
OP HERE
no bullshit actually true story
>>
>>790535
>leentoo
>>
>>794219
>the park rangers are now basically guarding his property right now
if it was private land, they wouldn't have jurisdiction, and should know you were just in court to prove you were allowed to be there
>>
File: outball_friends.jpg (39KB, 531x381px) Image search: [Google]
outball_friends.jpg
39KB, 531x381px
>>794266
if any of this is true it's probably because the rangers don't believe opie and, at least in their context, suspect he's using private property as a staging location for poaching or illegal camping or similar.
>>
>>790722
In most civilized parts of the world you are not allowed to build anything durable bigger than a phone booth. and only if it's designated building area and not farming or recreation area for example, where you can't build anything. did you cut down plants for your shelter? that would be fucking stoolpit. guess the ranger was just pissed at you for that.
>>
>>790551
were you on the wrong side of the fence?
>>
>>794443
No the ranger stated that I was on private property when he made contact with me
>>
>>794274
That's in a nutshell what they thought
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>794522
...were you using private property as a staging location for poaching or illegal camping or similar?
>>
>>790535
>The land of the free
>>
>>794565
and the hooome
>>
>>794565
of thhhhe
>>
>>794586
fat
>>
>>794534
No i was on private property that I was allowed to camp on legally for
>>
>>794623
Get out
>>
>>794788
where do you think we are
>>
>>794861
Arizona and it's 49 bitches
>>
>>790535
>innawoods doing innawoods shit with friend.
>being stupid and shit, just having fun
>build lean-to for the fuck of it and chill
>build a fire for maximum comfy
>eat summer sausage and beans and shit
>go to sleep
>she wakes me up in the AM and there's a Ranger there
>"uh hello sir, everything okay?"
>"Yes, just heard there were campers our here and figured I'd check to make sure you guys weren't building fires."
>dry season here, but recent light rain in some ares took away all risk of wildfires, burn ban still active
>this mother fucker looks right at our fire ring and back at us
>"Well, I see no fire so I guess you're fine"
>Leaves

I love knowing Rangers and living in a chill area
>>
>>794990
That was a good Ranger
He came and told you "no fires"
wasn't a dick that he knew you had one earlier
if he saw you with one later he has a right to be a dick
no need to the first time.
>>
>>790569
EVERYBODY says "hurrdurr I know da owner, he kool wid it yo"
>>
File: DSCF0177.jpg (734KB, 1383x1037px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0177.jpg
734KB, 1383x1037px
>>790535
>Be wild camping
>Private forest
>Have a fire going in the middle of nowhere in a school of spruce.
>Chopped wood, curse my ex bitch from the top of my lungs (very good therapy value btw)
>Signs scattered in the forest "Don't make fire, don't camp bla bla high fines: ecologic ministry"
>Basically chopped down all weak trees, who were left 4 dead on the ground by their elder brothers.
>Suddenly hear a crack
>Old man with wandering stick, orange vest, radio and backpack appears 30 feet from me.
>Freeze where I stand
>Sneak behind a tree
>Senile wigger doesn't see shit
>Business as usual

I have also met a shizophrenic man there ,wearing a smoking and asking for my permission to cross a water run.
"Okay man, are you enjoying your walk?"
"O.O YES"
"Have a nice day then."
"O.O....... YES"
He walked around and stopped sometimes, just to stand there and look in the same direction for 10-15 minutes.

Pic related
>>
>be kayaking
>river low due to barely 1inch of rain over last weeks
>burn ban in effect cause fields randomly catching fire
>simple log jam out and over
>lol take a picture of me goofing off
>camera away
>logjam shifts
>bodyslap 2ft of water
>completely submersed
>fuck it campfire to dry off
>DNR Ranger rolls up on ATV
>still dripping wet
>kayaks in clear view
>ciggaweed and para in plain view due to rolling one up
>whiskey bottle visible in boat
"Make sure you boys drown that fire when yer done, have a nice day."
>>
>>793231
Fish and Game usually have free reign to enter property whenever they want.
>>
>>790535
>ranger encounters
I knew a guy by the name of Texas Red. He was vicious, though only a youth of twenty four. One day, an Arizona Ranger shot him.
>>
I own a large swath of land but only 5 acres of it can be built on. Maybe your buddys land has similar stipulations.
>>
>>795078
I bet he wasn't worried before the fight though. Many men had tried to take him and that many men were dead.
>>
>>795127
I think it was one and nineteen more from what I heard?
>>
>>795078
>>795127
>>795182
I get it's a fucking song ha ha go be an old lady and get lost
>>
>>795038
>hiking with two friends as babysitter while they trip
>find a spot where the stream widens
>construct a small (2 ft deep x 5 ft radius) swimming hole with a rock dam
>pile up rocks in the center until the pile stands out of the water
>make a small fire on the pile so we can chill in the water but still have a fire
>we're all just chilling in our boxers in the water
>statie and forest ranger show up
>what seems to be the problem officers
>no fires
>its literally a ~1 ft tall fire in the middle of a stream
>uhhhh ok officers, thanks for keeping the woods safe

Pretty sure they thought they had stumbled on a gay orgy or something, they left in a hurry
>>
>>790535
It sounds like you're either retarded or just too beta to tell the ranger to fuck off and stay out of private property.
>>
>>796149
oh snap
>>
>walking innerwoods to my camping spot
>it's a 45min walk from the next road
>come across a ranger working on a drainage with a excavator
>make sure he sees me and don't overrun me
>camping is not allowed in the woods
>he clearly saw my huge backpack with tarp and sleeping mat attached
>wave and say thanks as he let me pass by
>he waves back
>didn't say anything
>>
>>796155
>implying they didn't
>>
>>790723
It's like he wants to be stabbed by a hobo
>>
>>790859
>The Arizona Rangers are an Arizona unpaid, non-commissioned civilian auxiliary agency

AKA: get the fuck off my private property or you're getting shot.
>>
>>796311
That sounds like joe santos' unit from the phil hendrie show...kek
>>
>>790844
Yep, and if you'll buy that I'll throw the golden gate in free.
>>
>>796305
Who's gunna stab someone thats carring 3 guns I mean come on
>>
>>790567

In an ideal world that is how you deal with corruption.

Yeah, yeah, taking my ass back to /pol/.
>>
>>795044
they still need probable cause
>>
>>794233
Definitely never go back there bro, or even to that county. The whole department of the 'public servant' who tried to screw you, will be waiting for you for their revenge. it's a fight you can't win. Just like that ranch owner dude, whom they recently murdered. Forgot what his name was.
>>
>>796595
Which they manufacture out of thin air as the OP explained.

>He said he was doing all this to protect the animals.
>>
OP HERE
so we just got back from the property and there was only one ranger there at the gate in stead of 4 SUVS like they had last time he told us we couldnt enter buddy says he own the property they need proof that he does for us to enter (even though we have the key to the new lock we just put on) and we have to come back tomorrow with the deed to the land for us to go on the property

is this retaliation or harassment can he sue them for this shit
>>
>>796790
it's a miscommunication OP. just clear it up already and stop this nonsense. i still think your dudebro is at least one-half full of some kind of shit. not sure wtf this clusterfuck is about but somethin' stink here.
>>
>>796790
I don't understand why these rangers are so interested in what they acknowledge to be private property.
>>
File: waterpooh.png (278KB, 3000x2084px) Image search: [Google]
waterpooh.png
278KB, 3000x2084px
>>796793
because somethin' stinks here and the full truth is yet elusive methinks
>>
>>796252
>tripping
>gay orgy

turst me, thats more confusing than it sounds.
>>
>>796592
>somebody does something mildly unjust, perhaps even on accident
>END HIS LIFE

sounds like a perfectly reasonable reaction
>>
OP here

My buddy just bought the dead for this land off of craigslist so h eis going to have to print off the email with proof that the property is ours now.

i'm a little bit worried that the rangers wont believe the dead because the text looks a little bit funny like it was printed in wingdings font or sumthin idk

is there any aditional proof my buddy could get ot prove the land is ours

i just love building leentoos
>>
File: crop2.png (8KB, 228x417px) Image search: [Google]
crop2.png
8KB, 228x417px
>>796813
whelp then it's settled. this entire thread and the premise thereupon is a gigantic pile of trollshit.

well done OP, well done. punch-out and call it, get some sleep.
>>
>>796790
>is this retaliation or harassment can he sue them for this shit
american logic summed up brilliantly

>>796794
more or less this probably

>>796813
holy shit, thats it, thread hidden
>>
same
>>796820
/thread hidden
>>
>>796813
Not OP but nice try faggot
>>
>>796821
This, was looking for some other stories since I've always had nothing but good experiences with Rangers, but this juvenile idiocy going on with Opie and his buddy is hard to bear.
>>
>Walking in National Park on tarmac walking up to carpark after three day hike
>Bro ranger coming down hill warns us he saw a tiger snake up the road and threw it off road
>trek to car park expecting to be able to get transport to the car, not realising it was a sunday and the bus wasn't operating
>car was 4 or 5 kms away
>different ranger comes past transporting propane tank, gives me a lift in his ute to my car and tells me about how he's head ranger and lives at the park with his family

Such a chill dude
>>
>>796586
A 4th hobo
>>
THE REAL OP HERE
So we went today with all the papers in hand and they said there's a huge problem with big game hunting and they think it's coming from his property due to the fact it's so close from where the found corps of the dead animals
>>
>>797210
Then your buddy should tell Fish and Game to feel free to put up game cameras to catch poachers, or do it himself. He should also paint his fence posts purple or whatever the fuck color you all use to specify that the only hunting that goes on on that property is by WRITTEN permission only. Then you can carry that written permission with you. ASLO, I want to see some copy of the ticket.
>>
>>798193
First we told to put signs up on the fences

Second I will not post a copy of a form on 4chan that has my name and address and DL number on it
>>
>>797210
THE ACTUAL REAL OP HERE
Disregard that. I suck cocks.
>>
>>790535
Next time, have your friend give you WRITTEN permission -- in ink on paper. I know, sounds archaic as hell. Might keep the ranger off your ass. But maybe it was really due to your non-survival Fire?
>>
>>799692
Go back to /b/
>>
122 replies and nobody suggests you talking to a lawyer.

Second, once you've established that you're not up to anything illegal and that the adjoining property really is your land, why not offer to meet them at their office and discuss ways you can help? Illegal hunting and trespassing on your friends property is harming him, too.
>>
>>799837

Dude you did not read the thread.

He already went to court, it was thrown out
>>
>>799852
Kek
>>
>>799852

I did read the thread and he said he's had subsequent encounters. Lawyers don't just help you in court, they can help him if he's got rangers harassing him even after winning.
>>
>>800347
>>
OP any news
>>
>>801789
Nope no news yet the only thing now is BLM rangers are now coming near the property instead of the arizona rangers
>>
I have one not only involving the Park Ranger's but the US Army as well.

> in the Olympic National Park
> camping for a week
> take one full day of rucking, then camp in a spot wherever I chose.
> before I leave a check in with the park rangers and tell them my heading, and how long I will be out there
> all is well and for the 1st week I have a camp established
> smoke a little herb, drink a bottle of rum, go fishing and bag a squirrel and a rabbit with a 22
> after my week was over I decide to extend my say
> Go to place with cell signal
> call ranger station to check in and inform them I will be camping another week
> girl on the other end jots down a note for the rangers
> all is well
> continue my camping undisturbed
> 5 days later...
>>
>>805113
I am packed up for my hike back to civilization
> go maybe 1/2 a miles
> hear the unmistakable sounds of the rotating blades of a helicopter
> above the trees circling where I was is a US Army Blackhawk Helicopter with red crosses on the sides and bottom
> I go into a little clearing and wave(only human contact I have seen in about 2 weeks)
> two guys attach themselves to a wench and lower themselves down into the clearing
> "My name is Staff Sergant Herp and this is Sergant Derp, Are you Anon McAnonson?"
> Me: "Yep."
> Sergant Herp: "We are here to rescue you are you injured at all?"
> Me: "What Rescue?" Didn't the ranger's get the message I left 5 days ago?"
> Sergeant Derp: "What Message?"
> Me: "I left a message I was extending my stay for another week, a girl took a note at the station."
> a collective mix of confusion and frustration is all over every soldier's face
> they take me back to the ranger station anyways gear and all
> when I reach the station 2 fire trucks are there as is an ambulance and a few K9 search dogs.
> the next 2 hours the rangers, this Army Officer, and paramedics all question me
> show them my call history to the ranger station to check in
> they were trying to blame me for not checking in and causing this man hunt
> could have been fined booku bucks
> then the note one of the girls left about my extension is found buried under a bunch of papers
> one massive clusterfuck

Still was not a bad trip, got a free ride in a Blackhawk helicopter, and the Army guys I rode with were cool as shit. No idea if they fired that bimbo who was suppose to pass the message though.
>>
>>805121
Nice how long was the black hawk ride
>>
>>805121
Did they let you steer the BH? Did you shoot anyone?
>>
>>805516
It was 10 mins or so.

>>805528
No, they didn't even have any firearms, I chilled on this bench in the back with like 3 medics.
>>
>>797210
>corps of dead animals

That's fuckin' hardcore, son
>>
>>805623
They found a couple of bucks with there antlers cut off apparently along with skin less hogs and some skinless mountain lion kittens
>>
>>806117
Damn poachers
>>
>>791425
>the ranger was trespassing
>>794266
>they wouldn't have jurisdiction
>>796790
>is this retaliation or harassment
No.

>>796793
>I don't understand why these rangers are so interested in what they acknowledge to be private property.
>>790535
>I'm scared, damn ranger, muh freedom
Three you say. Glad you sorted it out.
>>
>>806117
:(
>>
>>790535
You are either lying or you were not actually on your friends property.
>>
>>790708
>non sense
>ALSO fuck all you trolls yall need to go back to /b/
You first.
>>
>>794219
>Judge still threw the Case out I dont have to pay the fine since I had permission to camp there
>the park rangers are now basically guarding his property right
No
>>
>>790548
The guy he bought it from is a liar.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.