[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 31

File: 2j3m9nr.jpg (81KB, 799x459px) Image search: [Google]
2j3m9nr.jpg
81KB, 799x459px
How is hunting in your country? Is it accepted by society?, strict laws?, licenses etc etc..

In My country, Sweden, it's pretty accepted by the former generations but people born -90's and later are more against it.
To get a hunting permit, you must first take a theoretical test consisting of seventy questions and a practical test which consists of shooting with a shotgun and one with a rifle, then you need to take another shooting test with a higher caliber to get to shoot bigger animals like moose.
If you want to own a weapon, you need to apply for a license for that particular weapon you want, that can take 5-6 months. Owning a handgun is practically out of the question thanks to all the immigrants.
>>
yes on most things, but I have yet to hear back about the proposal to allow hunting humans

I don't think the system(s) in the us are against hunting, there are plenty of laws and regulations, but they're more to protect the species that shouldn't be hunted and maintain levels of others that are

some people may not agree with it, I say it's all fine and good as long as you're doing it ethically, legally, and actually for the meat

kinda related: you may have heard a story about a guy in michigan who hit a deer and wanted to take it home for food, only to get randomly stopped by police along the way....they opened the trunk to check out the deer only to find out it wasn't dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbPvH5z2gB8

technically I think he could have been fined (if it had been dead) because you are supposed to report that kind of thing to the department of natural resources so they can keep track of collisions and make sure people aren't poaching...laws like that may seem silly, but they're important
>>
File: IMG_20160609_151026.jpg (670KB, 1076x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_151026.jpg
670KB, 1076x1011px
Amerifag here. I love it, but alot of people are pussies now and get butthurt when you kill something.
Pic related, killed him last fall
>>
>>790400
Good kill. What rifle is that?
>>
>>790400
Nice dear. Though around where I am the deer aren't worth killing mostly because there is larger game. Ie Caribou, Elk, Moose etc.
>>
>>790322
Canadian Faggot here, Up in the Yukon. I trap and I hunt and fish for my meat. The fishing is accepted and the hunting is as well not so much against bears for some reason. Bear meat = best meat. Its mostly by outsiders who hate on trappers and hunters. Like when I was trapping couple years ago I was carrying my furs into the seller and people were shouting shit and we had peta protesters. I know one of them stole one off of my horse no clue who but I know someone did because I KNOW I had a prime gray wolf pelt XL which easily would go for 750+ dollars. Trapping and hunting is accepted by locals hated by outsiders. Owner of a 12 gauge shotgun, 22. Rifle, 45. handgun. All legally owned and all legally permitted to me.
>>
>>790357
In my hometown when I moved down to BC they had massive amounts of deer LIKE HUNDREDS and they were all starving. They had a bunch of protesters honking their horns blasting air horns in the forests that fall which is illegal in Canada. Not arguing with you but I think people are hating on hunters quite a lot nowadays as its "Unneeded". Just like Trapping it helps to regulate the animals population. Now only if we had open human season we wouldn't have to many people :3
>>
>>790412
oh there are a lot of deer hunters around and they are absolutely necessary to keep the population in check

the numbers were coming up after disease killed off a good chunk of them, it's probably much closer to a healthy population now

there are enough car crashes from deer as is, if hunting dropped there would be a huge surge in roadkill

personally I have no problem with hunting of species that are actively managed and have some useful purpose, but I really can't stand the kind of people who kill wildlife just for the sake of bragging about it....that's not what hunting is about
>>
>>790418
Truth right there. I am against killing for a head but sometimes it helps I hate to say it. If someone gave me a million dollars for my head and promised perfect life for my family I would allow them to take my head xD. Sometimes trophy killing does good. Not for it thou.
>>
>>790411
Did you report it? seems like a lot of money
>>
>>790322
I have a cow elk tag for this December, if that tells you anything. 2 years ago when I drew, I whacked mine with an M1 Garand. This year, I'm building an AR-10 in 260 Rem that I plan on using. I'm obviously in the US, and at least in my neck of the woods, hunting is a tradition that is getting passed on to the younger generations. I watched my buddy's 11 year old son whack an elk at 490 yards last year and game and fish has a lot of youth only hunts that are quality hunts to get them started.
>>
>>790506
What I am saying is wiping out a species is terrible espically just for its head but if it means more species can live on and in better care then I am for it. If that makes any sense
>>
>>790411
You can trap in the Yukon? Fugg I moved all the way to San Fran to be able to do that, WHICH IS NOT CHEAP
>>
>>790405
>>790406
Its a .243, I live in Kentucky so the deer are pretty good here.
>>
>>790322
NZ fag here, hunting is quite strong here but like you said the newer generation townies are more and more against it. On both islands we have 8 or so deer species that are stalked, strong feral boar populations in the hills which are either shot or taken with dogs, established hare populations that are hunted both by gun and by hounds in the european style, the odd wallaby, tons of rabbits, feral goats, strong Himalayan Tahr in the southern alps, Chamois populations in the lower alps also, plenty of small game (rabbits etc.) and feathered game (quail, pheasant and grouse populations exist). Duck hunting is massively popular but is seasonal.

To own a firearm you need a series of licenses but the basic one is easy to get and allows you to own pretty much any semiauto, bolt action or single shot rifle and any shotgun. Full auto is illegal. Pistols are very hard to get. Military style weapons are heavily regulated.

Bow hunting is growing in popularity and you dont need any license to own any form of bow or crossbow. Knives are unregulated but swords arent popular with the cops.
>>
File: 20151119_180821.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_180821.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Killed this one last year fags came running at me right at dark. Tfw I only hunted a whole day
>>
>>790524
Where are you at Anon I got a cow elk tag also for December I'm gunna get my rem 700 308win for this hunt
>>
File: Fox223.jpg (592KB, 1647x999px) Image search: [Google]
Fox223.jpg
592KB, 1647x999px
>>790322
>How is hunting in your country?
Great
>Is it accepted by society?
In general, definitely not
>strict laws?
Yeah, fairly
>licenses etc etc..
Yep

Ausfag, the hunting itself is great, we have a lot of feral animals which are fair game, pigs, goats, camels, foxes, rabbits, cats and in some locations deer but where I live hunting on crown/state land is prohibited so all hunting is done on private land, luckily some of the stations around have a million acres or more to hunt on. It's definitely not something you bring up in general conversation though, unless your intent is to twist knickers.

The licensing process is time consuming and fairly expensive, usually 8 weeks minimum assuming you already have someone willing to provide you hunting land and by the time you've finished the app, bought a safe etc etc you're looking at 1k. Similarly handguns are completely prohibited for use in hunting, they're for range use only, semi autos/pumps are also out unless you have a professional game culling license or own primary production land.

>pic is a fox I got at about 120m with a Tikka T3 in .223 a few years ago on a 31c degree night.
>>
>>790860
You get many foxes?
>>
As a swede, I would like to add that the hunting license tests are fairly simple. I didnt study for the theory, I just talked to my dad who hunts and got 67/70 right.

Also, the shooting isnt that bad, the only remotely hard part was the "big game test" (shooting 4 shots on a moose figure, 2 still, 2 running).

The only hard part for me is waiting for the police to aprove the license for my rifles, most of the time it takes a couple of weeks.
>>
>>790875
Countless, they're all over Australia in huge numbers, the only real competitors they have are feral cats and Dingo's which are declining plus they have rabbits(also with little competition) and young lambs/sheep carcasses to feast on.

I remember I was staking out a rabbit warren once, waiting at dusk and as I'm lying there a fox legitimately walks up out of the warren, I had to have been there at least half an hour so I have no idea how long he was under there hunting but it gives you an idea of how effective these guys are at hunting small game(especially natives which had few natural predators previously except mostly Quolls)
>>
>>790322
Norway

I know several young hunters, people are generally ok with it but you can always risk meeting some sperglord that throw a tantrum because you're a hunter
we've meet a lady that started arguing while out on a hunt, but this is a really popular hobby outside the cities

I took the hunting test when I was 16, it wasn't a big deal to get done and I was able to buy a shotgun (sent application to the police, they approved it relatively fast)
If you want to get a rifle you must be 18, and every year you have to qualify at the range with your rifle to prove that you can still aim worth a damn. If you're just using a shotgun you don't need to qualify every year.

A lot of hunters own multiple firearms. In my familys gun locker there are 10 firearms, most belong to my dad, a few belong to me and my brother.
>>
>>790875
Another ausfag here, yeah we get stupid numbers of foxes.

I once lived on a property where you could easily go out and, in addition to easily shooting 100 - 200 rabbits a night, bag a few foxes as well. And that's assuming you're not using a fox whistle.

The property also had a bunch of pigs, kangaroos and deer, although the owner of the land was some German guy who didn't want any of the deer killed.
>>
>>790878
Nice, do you do any dog work for them?
>>
>>790883
Christ thats not bad at all
>>
>>790889
I haven't no, haven't done any on pigs either but I know pig hunting with dogs is pretty big in Queensland and New Zealand.
>>
File: 1437239746976.jpg (61KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
1437239746976.jpg
61KB, 660x330px
>>790322
>Is it accepted by society?,
yes, because westerners are hedonistic craving their fix to hide their fear of boredom, so they do anything to allow the filling of their cravings.
>>
File: mfw2.jpg (46KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.jpg
46KB, 275x275px
>>790904
>Coming into a containment thread to be upset
>mfw
>>
>>790892
Yea im a kiwi pig Hunter and dogs are necessary
>>
Hunting should out right be illegal
>>
File: 141514565436.png (406KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
141514565436.png
406KB, 570x489px
>>791442
That's a well thought out argument you present us, I shall take it into consideration
>>
>>791442
Okay mate enjoy your rampant overpopulatioms being poisoned to control numbers
>>
File: IMG_20151102_193936.jpg (217KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151102_193936.jpg
217KB, 960x960px
The Hunting Culture in Montana is amazing. The Chase is fair and the wilderness is real. It takes skill patience and luck to bag a big game animal.
>>
Can any NZfags here tell me how the possum situation is going?
I hear they're quite delicious and all over the place there.
>>
File: lion111.jpg (122KB, 673x505px) Image search: [Google]
lion111.jpg
122KB, 673x505px
This little nigger right here trying to steal my shit
>>
No one gives two shits where I live, as long as you don't have a deer draped on your truck racing through town no one would even know.

Hunting isn't a hobby, it's just something you do. Sometimes I'll just go out in my woods and blast a grouse, woodcock, a duck or something for dinner. If I see a porcupine or a racoon I'll shoot them because they ring my trees, fuck with my dogs, and mess with my garden. Sometimes I'll shoot a deer in the summer if I need some meat, bone, or leather though. Bears are kill on sight.

Things like foxs, mink, fishers, turtles, salamanders are pretty cute, so they all get a pass.
>>
>>790860
love those nights. warm air no sun is the perfect combo
>>
>>791560
As someone from a country with no bears, why are they kill on sight?
I'd personally rank them cuter than foxes and minks.
>>

Urbanized shithole, even the mountains

>Is it accepted by society

It depends, but most city dwellers hate you for it

>Laws

Strict, the license costs time and money, you need a safe, hunting grounds are expensive and small

Germanfag here, I personally don't hunt because I dont have the money for but I am friends with hunters who usually try to keep a low profile in conversation.
But I do fish and have been given shit for it, but then again I do not care about the opinions of cunts who think that meat grows on trees.
>>
>>791650
>But I do fish and have been given shit for it
You've been given shit for going fishing? wow, that's harsh, in Aus while hunting is nearly always frowned upon or believed to be non existent everyone I've met accepts fishing without qualm
>>
>>791653
Even my grandpa who was in the fucking HJ gives me shit for "torturing" animals. But then again he is a huge hippocrite since pikeperch is his favorite food.
I have been been shouted at by skinny dippers (nudism is huge here) and people do not respect clearly signed out protective areas.
Also the laws are very strict and your lifelong license will set you back 600€ plus the fees for a fishing ground which will run at 80-250€ annually.
PETA Germany has started a campaign against fishing and there were even proposals to make fishing illegal for minors.
>>
File: 1463201504255.jpg (128KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463201504255.jpg
128KB, 766x960px
>>792100
Where in Gremany do you live?

I really feel bad for you seeing how I always thought about hunting when running trails in K-Town
>>
>>791505
>All over the place
Yes I killed seven the other Night

>Quite delicious
Not exactly no. The fur is bloody good though.
>>
>>791643
Cute doesn't matter
>>
>>790877
How much does the jägarlicens cost? And where do you buy rifles?
>>
>>791551
Good sized cat.
>>
>>790322
France.

You have to register for a half a day theoretical and practical test, buy a safe and a seasonal hunt right to get a hunting gun and start bringing meat home.

It is so common we have to release hundred of thousands of ducks into nature to meet the hunter's demand.

It is not exactly popular among working people because hunters are drunk all the fucking time and don't know what security is. They will shoot at your home if a game is in this direction. There is miradors build in the directions of a road. They are trigger happy and don't take much time to analyses what they are shooting at.
>>
>>790322
Hunting and guns are so common where I live, that I have been walking down my road at 6 am on a Tuesday with a rifle sling over my shoulder when I was stopped by a sherrif parked at the school bus stop. He saw me and asked if I had called the police. No shit. He saw me carrying a gun and asked if I had called the cops.
>>
>>790703
>calling deers fags

what a bigot.
>>
>>790357
kek
>>

My country is big, be more specific

>State or Province then, you smartass

Damn fine, enormous swaths of wilderness filled to the brim with tasty animals

Mostly yes. You get the occasional self-righteous hippy, especially in Boulder, but they're usually too pussified to do anything more than give you dirty looks.

>strict laws?

For guns? Aside from the mag-cap I'm not sure if my state even has ANY gun laws.
As for the hunting itself...

>licenses

That's where you get screwed. We've got a million different licenses with a bunch of niggly pain in the ass differences between them. Big game is complicated as fuck, but if your going after small game/pest control G&W don't give a fuck if your being safe. (Your mileage may vary - some of the G&W officers are bros, some are massive cunts.

Colorado is so fucking based I can't even
>>
File: wallabies.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
wallabies.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Since a couple of aussies have posted, I'll talk about my state Tasmania.
The hunting is limited. We have Fallow Deer which finding on state land is quite rare judging by the numbers reported after that we have wallabies which are open season all year round also rabbits and hares are open season all year. Lastly we have ducks, quail, pheasant and muttonbird. Most people at least where i live either do it or don't care.

Pic related. Wallabies that i shot about 6 weeks ago
>>
>>792180
Late reply, but anyway. Jägarexamen isnt that expensive. The tests themself cost around 1000-1500 sek, but you may pay more for study circles, practice sessions, retaking tests etc. I paid around 4000 SEK in total.

You may order weapons online, you just pay some upfront (booking and licencing fees), wait for the licens to be aproved, pay rhe rest and have it shipped to your door.
>>
>>792100
I also got shit for fishing by my roommates
They said it's okay to eat supermarket fish because the trawlers catch it anyways while i search and kill fish in their last and peaceful safespace
Gladly the oceans are still feefree in s-h and Niedersachsen

I think they should make hunting more affordable to get more hunters because there are way too many doe for the amount of road and traffic

But it is a good thing that only trained and educated people are given guns and hunting permits
>>
>>794014
>Big game is complicated as fuck
How?

For draws you just fill out and submit a form and get the license in the mail and for OTC hunts you just go buy the license and tag from the sporting goods store and then go kill you an elk.
>>
>>792150
Bavaria, very close to the Austrian border, I think fishing is more accepted on the coast.
>>
>>794049
Your roomates are full fucking retards, thats the most backwards ass fucking logic, how can they say that shit with a straight face?

Another Ausfag from Victoria, heaps of deer down here, sambar, some red and fallow, heaps of ducks, heaps of rabbits and foxes.
I mainly hunt for deer because i like to fill my freezer and make small goods.

My standard and brief response to anti-hunters, because its never a situation i want to be in is "are you vegetarian?", which almost all most arent, to which I reply something about their oppinion being invalid and hypocritical because at least i have embraced that animals must die for my existance and while they have their head in the sand I am out there doing my own dirty work, which isnt "fun" killing, and Im providing food for my family in the most organic, humane and sustainable fashion possible.
>>
>>792463
Tasted good to
>>
>>794811
Not too tough?
>>
>>790656
Eh Kentucky! The deer are pretty crazy up here
>>
File: 20151107_163149.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20151107_163149.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>794815
No not really we smoked him for 8 hours on apple wood laced in bacon with a 6 hour Maranaide soaking. We served grilled taters and butter with a grilled bell peppers that where on it and in the maranaide if you all want the Marianade recipe let me know works on all kinds of meat
>>
>>795422
Ever tried it on hare?
>>
File: 20160101_104439.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160101_104439.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Texas here, folk in this area actually pay hunters to come on their land to kill hogs all year long. Local school raffles off rifles all the time so I'd say hunting is expected lol.
Got pic related with a mini 30.
>>
>>791560
Whats a good rifle for salamander hunting?
>>
File: 8334424446_cfea0ea61b_b.jpg (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8334424446_cfea0ea61b_b.jpg
545KB, 1024x768px
>>792603
By working people do you mean city people?

Is this what french hunters drive?
>>
>>790904
our ancestors have hunted from the beginning of their existence, i dont see the issue here
>>
>>790322
>Norway
Yes, very accepted, I'd say semi-strict laws, but for good reasons.
>>
>>790663
>Military style weapons are heavily regulated.
What's a "military style weapon"? A regular semi-auto rifle with "scary-looking" features, such as a pistol grip, rail mount and/or collapsible stock?
>>
File: IMG_20160325_063757.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_063757.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: IMG_20160618_041901.jpg (1022KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160618_041901.jpg
1022KB, 2048x1536px
>>796380
> we can rebuild him
> make him stronger
>>
>>796302
>I'd say semi-strict laws, but for good reasons.
Name one "good reason" to restrict access to weapons beyond what Vermont or New Hampshire does. Keep in mind that you live in a homogenous, wealthy oil country; crime and homicide are already uncommon, and will unlikely become more commonplace as a result of laxer gun law.

>inb4 muh statistics
They prove no correlation at all between gun law and crime/murder/violence. Gun law is driven by ideology, not "common sense" or anything else the politicians usually refer to.
>>
>>796387
the more guns are floating around, the more situations will involve guns, that is also common sense

more accidents, people getting drunk at parties, and more criminals will arm themselves
maybe it sounds strange to americans, but many criminals here aren't even strapped.
but they would be arming themselves if other people started doing it, so yeah gun control does kinda keep the gun violence to a minimum

so we don't think more guns will create more crime, we just think it will take the violence to the next level (from fistfights to shootouts)
>>
File: 450137-bikie-machine-gun.jpg (46KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
450137-bikie-machine-gun.jpg
46KB, 650x366px
>>796413
Ausfag here, in a recent senate enquiry it was found that 4% of guns used in crime were ever registered, in a country where every gun sold has been registered, for 20 years. They just import and/or make their own.

The laws part might apply to law abiding civilians, it doesn't prevent criminals from obtaining firearms though.
>>
>>796413
> can legislate human behavour

Just wow.
>>
>>796435
It's not a perfect solution, but neither is a complete lack of gun control.
Both solutions have their advantages and disadvantages.
Ultimately though I do believe no gun control makes your criminals more lethal.

>>796429
well obviously criminals gonna be criminal and have stolen/smuggled guns, but compare them to american criminals for example, do you think they have fewer guns or the same amount? I know for a fact that something like a low level drug dealer for example is way more likely to be armed in america than he is here.

So gun control works to a certain degree.
>>
File: IMG_20160303_175347.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160303_175347.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>796449
> advocating uv laser control

What next, knife bins?

> not over 3cm
>>
>>796456
>advocating uv laser control
great strawman
>>
>>796462
> bin that knife

Great sheeple.
>>
>>796387
Not only talking about gun law, but regular hunting laws. Like hunting wolves in Norway is very strict, you have a certain number of deers and moose you can hunt each season.

For the guns, it's easier for the police to have a general idea of who has rifles, sporting rifles, pistols, etc. It also makes sure responsible people with training are allowed to have guns, and not a paranoid mother with an easy trigger finger.

Also, not allowing free float of weapons in a country with mere 5 or whatever millions is good. Easy to control, not out of hands. They have stoppes dodgy gangs from getting guns due to rules like these. The general population isnt afraid to be robbed or feel they need to protect themselves wirh guns, because there aren't many irresponsible people with weapons here.

Like if I wanted a pistol right now, I'd have to either be police or military, if not then I'd have to be an active member of a shooting club, and have the right papers.
>>
>>796449
>but compare them to american criminals for example, do you think they have fewer guns or the same amount?

Much like the civilians, more but one example does not a rule make. If you then compare NZ and Aus, Aus has a lower per capita gun ownership rate and stricter laws but a significantly higher gun crime rate.
>>
File: chasseurs_inconnus__nmupeq.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chasseurs_inconnus__nmupeq.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>792603
Yeah pic is pretty much what the average french think of hunters, and they are pretty much right.

>live in a little town in countryside, just in front of a bar.

>during winter i'm use to see hunters at 7am drinking red whine.

>>795648
Not this one in particular but yeah they use old SUV in general.
>>
>>795469
Ya we tried hare,bird, coyote works on everything it's fucking delicious
>>
>>796588
Grouse, got a link?
>>
>>796754
No I got it wriiten down
>>
>>790406
Thanks, sweetheart!
>>
Canada, specifically Ottawa. Hunting isn't too weird unless you're talking to young people. A girl in my senior year politics class said "Why doesn't the USA just illegalize guns like Canada has? Nobody here can own guns, and no mass shootings!"

Fucking moron
>>
>>796860
Sounds like the average Australian, they look absolutely stunned when you tell them that not only do you own firearms but you hunt with them.
>>
File: 1424532084206.png (96KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
1424532084206.png
96KB, 778x778px
bongland.
hunting is shit here t b h. Plenty of wealthy estate owners and posh go hunting, lots of land, I just don't like the culture around "shooting" and gamekeeping. it just urks me.
I do hunt, only squirrels, rabbits and pigeons with an air rifle. for the lower classes, small game is the most common, with air rifles, shotguns, or slingshots, and poaching isn't uncommon.
>>
>>796832
Ah post if you can
>>
I use to like hunting. The man who first brought me around it was nice and considerate. Followed for deer, moose, duck, and small game. Also fished a ton. He was quiet and respectful, used just about every piece of animal and would give me bones and shit for my dog.

I went hunting with a couple different people since then, all much younger. They were kind of assholes, very disrespectful. I followed one guy on checking his traps and he was awful about it. He would purposely scare rabbits in the traps, sometimes he'd shoot them sometimes he'd just bash them repeatedly. Kick them around. One fox looked like he chewed off and instead of following the easy blood trail, be just said 'lol that dumb faggot chewed his leg off' and went back to terrorizing rabbits.

It's like being in the army and acting like a kid playing COD. I like hunting with the right people, but I'm starting to lose hope
>>
>>797719
>but I'm starting to lose hope
This goes for me too but in general,not just hunting for my peers and people younger than me(82 model here)
>>
NZ fag here. hunting is absolutely top here, any forest pretty much is conservation land and with a quick form online you have a free permit for all medium to large sized game in the area you applied for. Deer, goats, pigs and a whole heap of small game including possums (little shits).
People in the city especially Auckland get pretty butt hurt if you talk about hunting but for the most part anyone else is probably a hunter too.
Firearms licensing is pretty easy and just takes some time. The population is nearly 4.4 million people here yet we have around 1.1 million guns legally registered (and the rest).

Pretty much the best place to come if you love the outdoors and dropping the odd deer.
>>
>>799022
>Ausfag intending to retire to NZ here
>>
ND in the US, it varies by the region of the state, but mostly good. Deer and pronghorn numbers near my town are shit due to a blue tongue outbreak a few years ago.
generally yes, one of the benefits of living in a red state. Fargo and GF has some liberal cucks that can't differentiate between responsible gun owners and Sandy-Hook
>strict laws?
gun laws are pretty lax, mostly caliber and magazine restrictions on certain species. most of the hunting laws are just to maintain population numbers
>licenses etc etc..
resident licenses are dirt cheap, i can buy a combo (fishing, small game, upland game, furbearer) for $50. big game like deer and moose are all lottery-based. the deer and pronghorn numbers are such shit that you need 2-3 years of preference points to have a chance at drawing a tag. Moose and elk tags are once-in-a-lifetime draws, unless you apply to control the numbers in Theodor Roosevelt nat'l parks.
>>
In Canada it's widely accepted. You get some urban types who protest but most people understand that sound wildlife management and clean, wild meat protein is a good thing.

The faggot vegan hippies from Salt Spring Island who have a problem with me hunting can go suck a bag of dicks.

Everything is managed and licensed closely. Each province has its own wildlife act and resulting regulations.

Firearms are also very common in Canada but it's not the free-for-all like in the states. There's more strict licensing and firearm classifications. But if you want to own a handgun sure, no problem you just can carry it /out/. To and from a registered range only.
>>
>>790877
They teach you to shoot at a running moose? That seems very strange and not a shot I would want to ever take in the field. Not unless my first shot wounded and required a follow-up shot to put the animal down.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>790860

Got a solution for you, it's a "bolt action" that you can operate with your thumb. without taking your eyes off the sights. Expensive af right now though.

Also how difficult is it to get a culling license? I imagine if you just claimed you have a rabbit horde on your property they'd led you pick up a 22 semi or something because it'd be about the only useful gun in that situation.
>>
>>791551

Whatcha gonna do with it?
>>
>>799173
>>>790877 (You)
>Not unless my first shot wounded and required a follow-up shot to put the animal down.

I think thats the point. You shoot one shot on a still moose, it takes a second or so and then it starts to run. You have to hit it in a few seconds before it disapears in "the woods".

Then it turns around, and you repeat the shots in the other direction. All (4) hits in the vital area (~lungs) counts as one passed series, 3 passed series are needed to pass the exam. You may take a total of 9 series on one day, I needed 4 series to pass (pulled the trigger on what would be my last shot).
>>
>>799171
How does Canadian gun ownership differ from the United States more in depth?
>>
>>799271

In canada we have 3 license tiers with 3 firearms tiers.

Non-restricted: typical long arms like semis bolt pump etc
Rstricted: scary looking si autos or what the cops consider derrivitaoves of them and pistols with barrels longer than 4.5"
Prohibited: really scary looking long guns, converted full auto, pistols with shorted barrels

Non restricted it a class room course with a practical bit, can use guns inna woods

Restricted requires the non restricted be done then its another course/practical and the guns can only be used at an approved range. And only transported between your place and the range.

Prohibited is only if you possesed the firearms in the class before people became pussies.

Thats the bones of canada.

Oh and we got goofy mag capacity laws
>>
>>796413
>the more guns are floating around, the more situations will involve guns, that is also common sense
Common sense also tells us that negligible deaths caused by "gun violence" aren't reason enough to legislate away natural rights.

>more accidents, people getting drunk at parties, and more criminals will arm themselves
Do you live in Detroit? If not, your thesis simply doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

>maybe it sounds strange to americans, but many criminals here aren't even strapped.
Jag är finne.

>but they would be arming themselves if other people started doing it, so yeah gun control does kinda keep the gun violence to a minimum
They would stop robbing people if they knew to expect their victims shooting back at them.

>so we don't think more guns will create more crime, we just think it will take the violence to the next level (from fistfights to shootouts)
Why don't you apply this harm-reduction philosophy in a consistent fashion? Why not heavily regulate the other aspects of daily life which cause far more harm (tobacco, cars, knives etc.) than guns?
>>
File: DSCN0603 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0603 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
Another Ausfag here, I think our laws are insane (even body armour and airsoft are outlawed!), but the people are worse, alot of people I know think hunting is inhumane even though the RSPCA has said killing animals via firearm is humane.
>>
>>796449
>Ultimately though I do believe no gun control makes your criminals more lethal.
Vermont, New Hampshire, Arizona, Alaska and Wyoming have hardly any gun control; and yet, they are among the safest US states by every possible metric.

Your move.
>>
>>796413
So you are saying the more weapons the more crime there will be? Anything can be a weapon though, get rid of guns, people will start to use fire or bombs or whatever. The actions of the few shouldn't affect the access for the many.
>>
>>796505
>For the guns, it's easier for the police to have a general idea of who has rifles, sporting rifles, pistols, etc.
Why should the State have a leash on armed citizens?

>It also makes sure responsible people with training are allowed to have guns, and not a paranoid mother with an easy trigger finger.
Blatantly false. Your gun law only accomplishes one thing: it weeds out the non-compliant sheeple from firearms ownership, effectively neutering any future violent resistance against firearms confiscation.

>Also, not allowing free float of weapons in a country with mere 5 or whatever millions is good. Easy to control, not out of hands.
Vermont and New Hampshire allows "free float" of weapons. They're also on par with Norway in terms of safety. Your move.

>Like if I wanted a pistol right now, I'd have to either be police or military, if not then I'd have to be an active member of a shooting club, and have the right papers.
Yes, and that's completely ass-backwards. The State has no right to deny a citizen the right to arm himself/herself.
>>
>>796505
>Like if I wanted a pistol right now, I'd have to either be police or military, if not then I'd have to be an active member of a shooting club, and have the right papers.
Yea but thats because you are a law abiding citizen right? Criminals can get them very easy, I could go out now with $100 and in a few hours have an illegal semi-auto pistol, its not that hard.
>>
>>799271
>How does Canadian gun ownership differ from the United States more in depth?
Americans enjoy and cherish the moral and legislative right to keep and bear arms, Canadians do not.
>>
>>799449
>The actions of the few shouldn't affect the access for the many.
I wouldn't bother arguing with him if I were you. He's Norwegian, they seldom view things from a natural rights perspective.

"The State grants privileges which can be revoked by ordinary legislative process." Europoor reasoning in a nutshell.
>>
>>799452
Yes, and that's completely ass-backwards. The State has no right to deny a citizen the right to arm himself/herself.

*cont.

In addition, club membership requirements and expensive licensing negatively impacts the less fortunate. Strict gun laws further disenfranchise the poor, weak and old, favoring rule of the young, the strong and the many - an ideal which, ironically, lies in diametric opposition with Norwegian "welfare state" (nanny state) worship.
>>
>>799189
if you have/claim to have a rabbit horde, wouldn't the Aus government decide to have you poison them? obviously the meat's tainted at that point, but that'd be far more efficient than any gun
>>
>>799189
>>799617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYe0Qi1J3OU
>>
>>799617
Nah, we've been poisoning them for years, even created two new terminal viruses for them, doesn't stop them. Destruction of vermin is a legitimate reason to own a category C(rimfire/shotgun semi) if you are a primary producer.
>>
>>799456
I can order 5 handguns tonight and get them shipped to my door in 2 days. Can americans?
>>
>>799866
>I can suck a maple syrup flavoured moose cock
>>
>>799866
Only if they have an FFL.
>>
>>790850
I'm in NM
>>
Friendly reminder to vaccinate against ticks before going camping or hunting into the woods
>>
>>799866
Justin "bong bro" Trudeau and his goons can fuck your shit up by passing legislation requiring naught but a simple majority of rep votes. I'd be shitting my pants right now if I were you.

> Can americans?
They can do what's important, i.e. carry their firearm on their person in public space. You, on the other hand, are only allowed to carry at the range and in your home; in addition, transporting your handgun requires a fucking WRITTEN NOTICE to your local constabulary. That's what I'd call Cuckold Central.
>>
>>799993
I actually file the forms when i first get my pistols and get the permit mailed to me. Lasts 5 years.

Carrying a firearm in a public place is the most important thing to you? I thought we were on out talking about hunting, not pol talking about mudslimes.
>>
>>790322
>America
>Tennessee
It's pretty huge here. I honestly don't mind hunting, though I don't do it myself, because of the huge overpopulation of deer.

And deer jerky. hell yea.
>>
>>790882
That's a load off my mind, as someone who's been too afraid of having to shovel papers out the ass just to get a rifle to take the hunting test. Thanks, bro.

Just to throw it out there, while law dictates that hunting in Norway is to be done exclusively with firearms, you can still buy bows and equipment for them that's designed for hunting rather than target practice. Make of that what you will.
Crossbows, on the other hand, are illegal to import and own without permission from the popo.
Speargun fishing, however, is perfectly legal.
>>
>>790860
>Camels
I always lose to this shit
>>
>>797717
1. Butter both sides of the meat
2. You'll need lemon and a half of onion
3.you'll need a bowl that you can place a lid on
4. Season salt, garlic powder,onion powder, salt, pepper, mixed herbs, beef broth and 3 cups of water and a 1/2 cup of vegetables oil

So your first step is to butter both sides of the meat
Than get a bowl and add your water and your vegetable oil.
Before placing the meat in the oil.
Use the palm of your hand to rub the butter in the meat.
Make sure you do it equal to both sides.
Than place the meat in the bowl.
Get your Lemon now and cut it into pieces of 4.
Squeez three of the for in the broth you'll be making
Now get your half of a onion and cut going against the layers so you have a full ring you only need one
Than use the rest of the onion and dice it add it to the marinade
Use the season salt for a light glaze on both sides
Than add a pinch of garlic powder
two pinches of onion powder
Some salt not to much and light pepper
Add 4 bumps of the mixed herbs
And a half a tablet of the beef broth
Once this is done you'll have a light brown liquid
Grab the bowl and put the lid on it and give it a good shaking until the marinade get a little darker takes between 1-3 minutes
Let it sit over night and cook it on misquete or apple wood than let it smoke for another half hour to and hour.

Becomes the best piece of meat you've ever had

Let me know how it goes anon
>>
>>800475
lm heading /out/ in the next few days so hopefully Ill bring something down to try it on. Cheers!
>>
File: 20160619_132010.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160619_132010.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>790883
You only need that test if you going to use that rifle to hunt deer or bigger animals that year.
>>
File: 20160623_063223.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160623_063223.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>790322
This bastard broke into the chicken coop last week, took 5 .22 shots and still swam across the creek, then died

tough little bastard
>>
>>801400
Why didn't you trap it?
>>
>>797000
It's fine up in Scotland when it comes to hunting. Since we don't have trespassing laws. All you need is permission (usually they are happy wanting you to, maybe even pay you since hare population is back, big game is kinda hard) and it is recommended you get some insurance, just in case you damage shit.
>>
>>791490
Wyoming checking in, same here.
>>
>>790428
I choose not to trophy hunt because I don't like it, but the amount of money that trophy hunting provides for conservation makes me ok that it exists. I just prefer to use the animals I hunt. If I were to actually shoot any that is. Last season was not good for anything for me.
>>
>>790322

Northern Ireland.

Hunting is largely accepted, new generation of Cecil the lion lovers are always badmouthing killing or eating animals, this is to be expected, but most people don't care. Some hunt, some don't, meh.

Gun laws are strict. You will need to buy
>annual licence fee (I think £300ish for shotgun)
>gun itself
>gun cabinet with lock
>permission from landowner to hunt
>+1000 other rules about what you can hunt, what with, when, so on so forth

Hunting is only allowed with a 22 rifle or a shotgun. Thats it. No bows, no slingshots, no crossbows.

UK hunting laws, by and large, seem to be designed to keep hunting as the upper class sport. I've always thought they should legalise bowhunting again, bring it back to the UK, as the reasons against are less to do with animal rights and more to do with Lord Mayor Dukeington not wanting to share potential game with peasants.
>>
>>794017
>whole life, always wondered what a wallaby was
>disappointed
>>
>>795422
Give marinade plox
>>
>>795422

Whats the recipe?
>>
>>801594
Theres shedloads of different types of Wallabies but as a rule they're generally squat versions of Kangaroos.
>>
>>796376
Exactly that, NZ classes them as "military style semi automatic".

You can get all the components to build for example an AR into something that would fit in this category easily. But to keep something in this class you need an extra endorsement to your licence, which costs $100 or so and requires you to give an acceptable reason to the police (pest control is, self defense isn't), and have them come around and check your security arrangements (gunsafe).

Pistols aren't as hard to get as the other poster implied, you just need to belong to a pistol club and then apply for the endorsement. In my case the pistol club is a shed just down the road from where I live, and I work with the guy who runs it, so not so hard. You aren't allowed to hunt with pistols here.
>>
>>801467
It was in a chicken coop with my chickens, no real way to trap it,i had to make a decision in like 1 minute or else it would start killing chickens
>>
>>801606
>>801610
It's already on here guys it's my great grandma's recipe so non yall tell her cause she got it from her grandma too and she'll kick my ass but any who it's right here >>800475
>>
>>801791

Sorry missed it

Saved though, ill have to try it sometime

thx comrade
>>
>>801833
No worries let me know how it goes Anon
>>
>>790322
Canada here. It's generally accepted, even where I'm from (Toronto). We have our hippies and vegans but for the most part hunters and non- hunters get along.
>>
>>801622

>kangaroo like
>not a carnivorous Australian 'squatch
>awww :(
>>
File: Bunyip.jpg (97KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip.jpg
97KB, 700x393px
>>801889
That's the Bunyip mate
>>
File: 1466983951107583621801.jpg (721KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1466983951107583621801.jpg
721KB, 2560x1440px
>>801835
It was fucking great 14/10 will eat again
>>
>>802395
good anon glad you liked it what kind of meat did you cook?
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37KB, 466x349px
Canacuck
Accepted
>if white man, regulated species/sex/seasons, pay moneys for tags
>if redman, no pay, all year round/any spieces/sex

Feels good to be both.
>>
File: Snapchat-5772781799690421423.jpg (707KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5772781799690421423.jpg
707KB, 1080x1776px
I just walked out on the deck and bagged dinner for the next few days. The huntin is pretty good in my area
>>
>>801400
That's some very bad shot placement
>>
>>804584
What rifle?
>>
>>803267
Native hunting while different from white man's rules are still regulated.
>>
>>804637
Remington Speedmaster 552, it's tube fed and has never jammed once on me. My favorite rifle by far
>>
>>804749
How much did it run you
>>
Is camouflage the biggest scam and bamboozlization? Every year hunters spend tons of money on camouflage when it's not even necessary.

Good con.
>>
>>804832
My father gave it to me, but you can find it for a couple hundred dollars online
>>804877
It definitely doesn't hurt to blend. I don't buy patterns i just wear clothes that match environment colors
>>
>>803266
Coyote with wl small rabbit chunks
>>
>>790411
Is it worth to move over there? I was checking emigrating to somewhere near Whitehorse
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.