[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Yellowstone soon!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: boardwalk.jpg (52KB, 612x353px) Image search: [Google]
boardwalk.jpg
52KB, 612x353px
Besides common sense, what else should I leave behind?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-yellowstone-death-20160609-snap-story.html

>be me
>be walking down a boardwalk
>speak English
>only read Chinese though
>English signs say some gibberish I can't follow
>Oh look a hotspring
>bubbling like my hot tub
>time for a dip
>dissolve

How long before these idiots ruin it for the rest of us? The dude worked at Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve for 20 months. How the fuck do you not have a respect and understanding for the dangers of nature by then?
>>
>>789887
did you just imply that Colin Nathaniel Scott could only read Chinese?
>>
>>789898

well it would explain how one might end up 225 yards off the boardwalk
>>
>>789906
I fully admit the Chinese are dumb animals less worthy than rats but I don't think a language/literacy barrier was the issue here. I think it was entirely foolhardiness, recklessness, and hairbrained and temerarious impulsiveness.
>>
>>789898
>>789908
>entertaining the idea that he could only read in chinese

of course not you dip shits he was from oregon lol
>>
>>789917
>entertaining the idea
no i was entirely refuting the idea ackchully.
>>
File: geysersign[1].jpg (122KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
geysersign[1].jpg
122KB, 800x528px
Even if you don't read English, (which this guy clearly did) there are signs like this all over the park.

It would be like seeing a sign showing someone falling down the side of a cliff at the Grand Canyon and then walking off the edge, Wile Coyote style.
>>
File: 9865413.jpg (16KB, 302x268px) Image search: [Google]
9865413.jpg
16KB, 302x268px
>chinese

no he was just a dumb fuck.
The article said his last words were "AArrhaahhthrhrehsh it burns bro!"
>>
>>790030
>The article said his last words were "AArrhaahhthrhrehsh it burns bro!"
Laughing sofa king hard right now.
>>
File: geeps.png (10KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10KB, 261x195px
>>790030
>>790032
I actually don't think this is funny anons.
>>
>>790036
Then you probably don't belong on 4chan, you sure as hell didn't cut your teeth on /b/ years ago when it was exciting.
>>
>>790067
Maybe next time they should post "pool's closed" signs by the hot springs
>>
>>790006

To me that sign says "stand in the geyser, have a good time"
>>
File: IMG_0276.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
Its all clearly marked. He obviously disregarded the signs fell through.. If youve ever been there you'd know how much of a retard it takes to go off trail there and the consequences...

"its hot bro!"
>>
File: IMG_0284.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
>>790094
my guess is that he walked out onto the thin edging and fell in..probably was a painful death
>>
>>790099
>>790094
he was a lot further away from the boardwalk than that anon. they haven't specifically ID'd the geyser/spring he's fallen into, only that it was the area "near" porckchop geyser, and that he was about 225yd (675ft, over 2 football fields) away from the walkway.
>>
i really want to see a picture of the body
>>
>>790067
Kek. Doubt that it'd help these dumb twats. Even the rangers in the article pretty much call him a dumbass
>>
>>790107
Posting a picture of the body at the boardwalk might be effective. Unfortunately no remains were found
>>
>>790006
this picture is so shit, the mums like yo waddup my boys getting steamed and the kids like woh mah look im in the steam.
>>
>>790077
They need to have a bunch of afroed black people in a swastika shouting it at tourists.

>>790107
There isn't one, he's pretty much dissolved.
>>
>>790077
pools closed
>>790121
>afroed black people in a swastika shouting it at tourists.
Can it be, are they other people as broken as I am still here after all these years?
>>
>>790006
This sign doesnt convey the message it needs to convey.

I had to like at it intensely several times before i noticed it looks like the ground collpapsed beneath the boy and he's then falling into geyser pool.

At first glance it look like hes just jumping in for fun.

They should have his lower body be nothing but a skeleton and have a much more severe expressions of horror on the their faces.

This sign is shit. they need to go back to the old style skull and cross bones image to convey these 'risk of death' in these type of areas
>>
>>790227
I doubt anyone could design a sign that would thwart morons, because if the actual steam issuing forth from the ground is not enough to dissuade them from jumping in a 2D representation won't add anything.

Millions of people go there every year. The majority of the signs are designed to protect the park from idiots not idiots from the park, and that is the way it should be. Even the one you replied to is like that. A few square feet of bacterial mat is a bigger loss than a dumb Asian tourist.
>>
>>790099
That might be, but the bulk of hot springs there don't have a 'thin edge'. Your pic shows one with a bacterial mat around it, which a person would quickly sink a few inches into before he hit rock.

Pork Chop in particular is a pool surrounded by rock, as are the smaller springs around it. Less a geyser these days than a hot pool.

I suspect the guy wanted to take a dip and walked to a spot he thought he'd be hidden and slipped in. The thermocline can be pretty huge in the big pools so the temp is much higher a foot deep, than if you just dip your toe in. Norris basin is a hot fucking area.

Some kid just fell in another this past weekend but it was a cooler one and he didn't die.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.