[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercy kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 51

File: image.jpg (833KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
833KB, 2048x1536px
Sup bros,
Just finished a couple day solo trip.
Was gorgeous but something really intense happened:
>day 2, pack up campsite, take everything and start walking along beach
>notice seal on the beach against the rocks
>come closer: it's real mangy lookin, coughing, wheezing, sounds like bubbling, coughs up mixture of blood and puss
>i kneel down and it opens its puss leaking eyes to reveal big black sad eyes
>it tries to move but doesn't have strength, closes its eyes and breathing is light
>i know what i must do
>i find a head sized rock, kneel back down and talk to it calmly
>consider what i must do, wonder if it can survive this sickness it has
>decide it can't, ask it if it's ready
>seal looks at me then closes its eyes slowly again
>it's time
>raise rock over my head and throw it squarely on top of seal head
>crunch
>one drop of blood on top of head, blood gurgles out of nose but slows quickly...
I felt sick instantly but feel like i did the right thing.

Anyone else encounter dying animals?
>>
File: Oh.jpg (98KB, 634x603px) Image search: [Google]
Oh.jpg
98KB, 634x603px
>be me, seal, sleeping
>snoring, having a peaceful time
>hear some sort of waddling approach
>giant blubbery human gazing down at me with curiosity
>used to humans being interested in me, no big deal
>human picks up a rock
>before I can react human slams rock onto my head
>last thing I see is this fat fuck waddling away, with some smug since of pride on his face

>mfw

Humans, not even once
>>
Loling at you right now OP. You didn't form some sort of spiritual connection with the seal. The seal didn't understand what was about to happen. It was suffering and miserable and you put him down. You did the right thing, don't Hollywood it up.
>>
Yeah, I've done this OP. I often check whether roadkill is still alive just to be sure it's not suffering.
I once found a wood pigeon which had its wing broken, I don't know how. I dispatched it humanely and cooked it up and ate it. That's how I found out how tasty pigeon is.
>>
>>788984
You've obviously never killed an animal. You can talk like this until you come face to face with an intelligent animal who is in pain, and probably terrified of you. You can't help putting a calming hand on it and trying to convey the words "I respect you, brother." It's an emotional experience.
Hunting is different, of course.
>>
>>788965
>>788988
>>788986
>Mercy kill

Your first instinct when encountering pain it to cause even more pain and destruction. Morons.
>>
>>788991
>death
>pain
Good joke
>>
>>788965
>>consider what i must do, wonder if it can survive this sickness it has
>>decide it can't, ask it if it's ready
Would you say it's fate was sealed?
>>
File: pepetheturtle.jpg (107KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepetheturtle.jpg
107KB, 666x800px
I mercy killed a turtle that was run over by a car. Poor thing was hardly able to move, some guts hanging out and shell completely obliterated. I stuck a pistol in his head hole and pulled the trigger. I weeped for weeks.
>>
File: 2773_300.png (9KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
2773_300.png
9KB, 300x180px
>>789013
gosh that's terrible
>>
>>789008
kek
>>
>>788965
Way to void the warranty OP
>>
>>788965
Sounds like you did the right thing.

Death in nature is everywhere anon so really not a big deal. Modern humans are pretty disconnected from reality in that regard.

You should take up hunting. It will teach you a lot about life and death and allow you to approach such scenarios more impartially in the future.
>>
>>789041
thanks. Yea I've wanted to pick up hunting.
I am worrying if my judgement that it's death was imminent was just an excuse for me to kill it but I honestly don't think so.

I did feel like it gave me a new perspective on death. Very powerful feeling and made me feel very much more part of nature.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Waterfall I showered under after the event. All in all pretty lovely trip
>>
File: gentle_persuasion.jpg (46KB, 397x520px) Image search: [Google]
gentle_persuasion.jpg
46KB, 397x520px
>>789051
>Waterfall I showered under after the event. All in all pretty lovely trip
YOU FUCKED UP
>>
>>789053
apparently i was upside down at the time
>>
>>789013
Goddamn...
>>
>>789006
Death is normally painful. Don't believe me? KYS
>>
>>789039
>broke the seal
Kek

>>788988
Lol okay

Except that I killed a 3 foot long snake in my basement a couple nights ago. I didn't want to have to kill him but he was going to escape again if I didn't do something. I hate killing snakes.

I finish off game kills all the time. Do you want to know the best way to finish off a bird that is still alive? Grasp the body, put your boot on its head, and pull the head right off. It freaks people out, but it's the fastest, easiest, most humane way to finish off a dove. I have finished off deer that I made a poor shot on. Now those I feel bad about, because my failure to make a good shot caused the deer unnecessary suffering.

>"I respect you, brother."
This is some Hollywood nu-male shit. Was that your first time ever killing an animal?
>>
>>789051
Where do you live that water falls up?
>>
>be seal
>lying on a rock, happy I made it to the cost
>don't know what hit me but i'm dying for sure
>think about my life again
>man, I would love to see my babies again
>but I'm also happy I made it to this rock so I could see the sun go up a last time
>I wonder if my ...
*crush*
thanks man
>>
>>788984
it makes it a little easier to view it your way actually.
It was in pain and would have been in more pain till it died, I came along and ended the pain. It didn't know what was happening but it's ok.

>>789138
i honestly have no idea why my phone turned that shit upsidedown

>>789147
>feels.jpg
but really though, the thing was like gurgling in it's own breath. It wasn't going to make it very long. Tons of seals go to land to die because I think it's easier to lay down than swimming? Not sure but you see plenty of dead seals on the beaches, I don't think it's cause they want to catch their last sunset
>>
>>788981
kek

i love these silly paradigm-shift juxtapositional responses
>>
Bummer, OP.

I raise animals for meat, and have to put a few down for sickness or injury. Hate doing it. If my kids ask, I used to explain. "Well, i just mashed that chicken's head with my boot. It was quick and painless." After hearing my kid tell that story to all her friends who come over, I don;t tell them the truth anymore. I just tell them I found them dead. Just had to choke out a piglet three days ago. I mean, I found it dead.
>>
I once ran over what I thought was a small raccoon in a suburban area. As I noticed it was still twitching, I backed up over it, and then drove over it again, completely demolishing it's body. When I ran over it the second time, I realized it was actually a cat. As I drove away, looking in the rear view, I noticed children in the driveway closest to the cat crying inconsolably.

>mfw I ran over their cat, backed up over it, and then crushed it's skull right in front of them
>>
>>788965
>Mercy kill

Even if my guts are spread over half the highway with ants eating them, don't kill me. Leave me to what time I have left. Because, the instant I'm dead that's it.
>>
>>789302
No, you're just a shitty farmer and human being.
>>
File: zgtk9vxzib2loqeldqm0.jpg (327KB, 1200x509px) Image search: [Google]
zgtk9vxzib2loqeldqm0.jpg
327KB, 1200x509px
>>789311
you could be tormented and hallucinating in unimaginable pain, the closest a person could possibly ever get to physcial and psychological hell, and be wishing for death (assuming you had the clarity of mind to even know what that is). who wants to be suffering so horribly that obi wan can feel it?
>>
>>789311
OP here, this was my debate kind of.
I mean, dying is forever and struggling to breath with a crazy high fever, puss coming out of your eyes and unable to move is still alive.
I wondered if the seal wanted to stay alive for a little longer or if it wanted to die.
>>
>>789302
>choke,
can't you just shoot it?
>>
>>788965
Fyi this is illegal under the marine mammal protection act and u could have gone to jail / got big fine if spotted, regardless of your ability to commune with animals.
>>
>>789353
dont beat yourself up over it.

humans are connected to this earth and all of its inhabitants. humans arent just flesh and bones. every animal, insect, tree, rock on this earth is connected. the seal was telling you what it wanted through that connection.

if you felt killing it was the right decision then thats what the seal wanted
>>
>>789154
>Not sure but you see plenty of dead seals on the beaches
you see plenty of sand too do you think it goes there to die?
>>
>>789370
>humans are connected to this earth and all of its inhabitants. humans arent just flesh and bones. every animal, insect, tree, rock on this earth is connected. the seal was telling you what it wanted through that connection.
only if op remember his special "talk to animals" crystal.
>>
>>789375
you dont need a special crystal my friend. all you need to do is believe
>>
>>789182
>Being this new
Newfaggotry of these levels shouldn't even be possible!
>>
>>789071
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>789369
i guess i haven't transcended from earthly being to elven leave-no-trace being. I try I try
>>
mount ararat wiki page has a very good segment on noah's ark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Ararat#Resting_place_of_Noah.27s_Ark

i find it EXTREMELY interesting
>>
>be hauling ass through downtown Oakland at 4am
>almost to the freeway
>see 2 piegons standing in street
>think theyll jump out the way
>nope
>hear 2 "pings" on my skidplate
>look in rearview real quick
>watch as a crackhead runs into the road and scoops up the dead pigeons
Nature and shit
>>
>>789311
Fuck that.
Just put a bullet through my brain and end it.
>>
>>788965
i guess we have to start paying for our beer now that op broke the seal
>>
>work on farm
>year ish old bullock in someones garden
>has gone completely insane
>attacks boss
>scary as fuck
>has eaten too much ragwort like a few others before it, liver damage, poisons in brain, essentially gone nuts as fuck
>manage to get it to chase boss out of garden back into stream it wandered up, towards field from whence it came
>it's getting weak now, cant climb back out the stream
>gets stuck in muddy bank
>is going to die like all the others, no doubt about that
>boss says it's probably better to hold the things head underwater where it lays, rather than wait hours for the vet to arrive and put it down
>mfw it didn't turn out that way
>guess how long it'd take to drown cattle... multiply that by 10 at least.
>boss holding the free legs to stop it kicking me
>me kneeling on it's face holding it underwater
>after a few minutes underwater it starts to panic and twitch, have to keep it down real hard.. eventually it manages to throw me off its head
>repeat a few times until we eventually find a position which allows us to not get kicked to death but lets me put enough weight on the face to keep it down
>even then it just wont fucking die
>get one maybe 5 or 6 min in, going well we think, only for it to break free of boss's grasp and kick me, knocking me off
>back to square one
>when we eventually get it sorted it's well over 10 minutes of holding the poor fucker down while we pin it underwater with it twitching kicking and panicking
>chatting about the cricket and movies we've seen lately and general crap while pinning the huge insane animal trying to to anything not to die down into the water
>keeps twitching long after it's dead so no idea when it actually dies, but keep holding it underwater just in case
>WAY LONGER THAN EXPECTED
>go home, eat lunch
>boss says that was not at all allowed by farming rules (NO SHIT) and not to broadcast it too much

at least we saved the vet callout fee
>>
>>789446
>MFW I read that entirely in an irish accent
>>
>>788965
I tried to kill a squirrel that I lung shot with a pellet gun. With a ball peen hammer. I swear I hit it ontop of the skull like 12 times. Before just putting another pellet through its skull. Killing stuff with blunt objects is hard.. Its one of the reasons I got a machete.
>>
Not quite the same thing OP, but I did perform a mercy killing on a smaller scale just yesterday.
>Go to take a piss
>Find a lizard on the bathroom floor missing a leg and running around in circles non-stop
>My dog must have gotten to it
>Throw it outside, hoping the sunlight will unretard it
>Go outside a few hours later, the lizard in the same spot, still running in circles
>As I watch it I see ants are scoping it out
>One ant bites it, lizard starts rolling around and biting blades of grass
>Decide it would be better just to kill the retarded lizard then and there rather than it get eaten alive by the ants
>Squish head with rock
>>
>>789448
irish people don't like cricket anon
>>
>>789306
Ok I know that's terrible. But holy shit my sides are in orbit.
>>
>>788965
How certain were you that the seal would die soon and that it was suffering?

If 90% or more, you did the right thing.
>>
>>789055
This waterfall is in Australia, can confirm.
>>
>>788981
> Be me, seagull
> Chilling on the beach eating garbage with seal bro
> fly away to find more garbage, only 25 feet from parking lot
>Wrappers from McD's in the parking lot
>WhiteGoopIsChash.jpg
>Come back and see an obese man huffing as he gets out of car
>Follow him as he hoists his 10 pound pack out of his range rover and onto his back
>Onna those ultralight faggots
>Watch as he sets up camp next to parking lot
>Fast forward 1 day
>Obese human is walking over to beach
>Sees Sealbro
>DisGunBeGud.HSeaML
>Watch in horror as obese man hoists pea sized rock in the air, fall off balance and crushes seal bro under his enormous ass

Ultralight faggots, not even once.
>>
>>788988
>You've obviously never killed an animal.

Not that anon, but I am willing to bet I have killed animals than you have seen. He is absolutely right, you kill things for reasons, it's part of being a man. You do it and move on, anything else is just faggot Hollywood bullshit.

Obvious exception for putting down a dog or a child.
>>
File: IMG_20160609_151026.jpg (670KB, 1076x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_151026.jpg
670KB, 1076x1011px
OP, you did a good thing but it really isn't that hard to kill an animal. I do feel some regret at taking life from something until the stew is done cooking.
Pic related, I killed this
>>
File: IMG_20151206_014727.jpg (237KB, 1078x1073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_014727.jpg
237KB, 1078x1073px
>>789008
Lel
>>
>>789138
Australia
>>
>>789051
thats alemere falls near point reyes
>>
>>790033
You got it!
>>
>>789695
You're allowed to feel sad about it depending upon the intelligence of the animal imo. Also you should feel bad if you did something dumb that lead to the animal having to be put out of its misery. Putting an animal out of it's misery cause you fucked up is still better than letting it suffer because you fucked up though.
>>
I breed dogs on the side, not a big operation but an extra grand or two is always welcome. I kill wasting pups a lot. When I hear that characteristic gasping and moaning from a pup I've tried to save I take it to the puppy graveyard on my property and bash it with a shovel and bury it. Have put down a few retired dogs when it was their time, bt I use a gun for that
>>
>>790135
>>790135
>You got it!

I live near there and have hiked that trail for years.
>>
>>789013
RIP turtler
>>
I mercy killed a snake that I ran over on purpose, cause it didn't die afer I ran it over. But seriously fuck snakes. It's body was still squirming and moving around, even after I got out and bashed its head in with a rock, the head was practically gone.
>>
>>789312
Ouch.
>>789362
My buddy asked me that, too. I could have, and in hindsight, it would have been better.
>>
>>788965
What dialect of seal were you speaking... eastern shore "I'm ready" sounds a lot like western bank "hold on a minute"
>>
>>790968
top fucking kek
>>
>>790918
sneks are friends
>>
File: ds.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>on the way home from a fishing trip with my older bro on his birthday
>suddenly deer running up a ditch in broad daylight
>bro manages to avoid head-on collision, but deer apparently tried to jump over the truck and hit right against the sideview mirror and spun around
>busted windows, fucked up door and dented side
>we turn around and find the deer
>it's laying on the shoulder of the road gasping for breath with broken legs and probably neck/back
>bro grabs his knife out of the truck and slits its throat to put it out of its misery
>wheezing and gurgling up blood from its windpipe à la Dagestan beheading video
>euphoric, calming feeling washes over you as you witness the soul leaving its body
>>
>>789454
Next time that happens, just grab it by the tail and sling its head against a tree trunk.

Works equally well on raccoons and possums.
>>
>>788984
Are you fucking kidding me god Damn you are a bunch of pussies
>>
>>789039
Under rated
>>
>>790968
it was a black seal so I just spoke Sea-bonics, internationally understood by them.
>>
>>789379
This
>>
>>789382
>Someone says "I like these sort of posts"
>Another person gasps, "They must be new!"

Why do you think that?
>>
>>789379
same, i suppose. maybe.
>>
>walk out front door
>see cat toying with an injured mouse
>mouse is almost dead
>I pick up a heavy rock and drop it on mouse
>immediately feel sad
r.i.p. mouse
>>
>>791225
You, I like you
>>
>>789669
my fucking sides
>>
>>789446
Why didn't you just shoot it? Or at least conk it on the head with sledgehammer (or a cricket bat) and then drown it?
>>
All these people in this thread saying they felt horrified or cried for days/weeks when they had to kill an animal for whatever reason. Ridiculous and sad. Cringe worthy even. Man up.

>Inb4 heartless, etc

I have respect for animals, but I don't cry when I kill something and I certainly don't feel bad about it.
>>
File: I_found_op.jpg (71KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
I_found_op.jpg
71KB, 550x430px
>>788965
>>
>>788986
Was once driving home and saw a rabbit that was dragging it's rear legs which were clearly squashed. I went over him deliberately to put him out of his misery, made sure it was dead then went it wasn't nice to do but I felt like it was the right thing to do.
>>
>>789446

Hell, you could have easily slit it's throat with a knife, it'd have been dead inside of a minute.
>>
>cowbird baby skirting across the ground because it fell from whatever nest it was leeching off of
>kick it
>dog eats it
>>
File: 20150228_144232.jpg (3MB, 3577x1821px) Image search: [Google]
20150228_144232.jpg
3MB, 3577x1821px
>>788965
>goes to point reyes
>sees harbor seal
>decides its dying
>doesnt realize they come on land to rest and warm up and when they do they're super lethargic
>doesnt realize that they always have mucus covering their eyes when they come on land
>doesnt realize they they're carnivorous and the 'blood and puss' it was coughing up was probably left over from its lunch

i did palomarin trailhead to wildcat and back in a day without killing anything. it's super common for harbor seals to come on land. everything you're describing is super normal for harbor seals. especially not giving a fuck when theres humans. when i went there was one on the beach and a guy with a camera taking pics and it was just chilling. looked up at him sometimes but generally dgaf.

good job OP, you didnt do a mercy kill, you killed a tired animal for no apparent reason other than you're ignorant.
>>
File: 20150228_140820.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20150228_140820.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>800001
pic of the falls so we know we're talking about the same place
>>
File: 20150228_123244.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20150228_123244.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>800002
pick of trail sign
>>
>>788984
If he felt it's pain, and had compassion for it, then it's a lot more spiritual than laughing about it over the internet like you did.
>>
>>788965
Be careful about that shit. With marine life, there are often a slew of federal laws that probably make what you did illegal. If it is a game animal or in any way protected, you should just assume that putting it out of its misery can land you in the clank.

I say that as somebody who has put critters out of their misery, and as somebody who doesn't think what you did was ethically wrong. Too many citycucks are unable to tell when something is about to die.
>>
>>800001
>>800002
>>800004
you see /out/? OP is why we cant have nice things
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>800004
>>800002
>>800001
Hahahaha holy shit

Dumbass OP on suicide watch
>>
>>788965

You're like those tourists that put the baby buffalo in their car because they thought it was too cold for it to survive
>>
File: _2026759.jpg (121KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
_2026759.jpg
121KB, 600x350px
>>800039
having lived in the bay area for a good majority of my life i can tell you that OP is probably a student at UCB or stanford who came here from the east coast to "get enlightened by the west coast" and treats everyone like they're dumber than him just because his parents have an old colonial home in connecticut and raised him with a dining room table that has a cloth on it because that somehow makes him more civilized and gives him a better understanding of the 'big picture' of the world that the rest of us in lower classes are ignorant to. he usually shops at american outfitters (or similar) but has started going to the buffalo exchange on telegraph in berkeley because they sell the same goddam clothes american outfitters (or similar) does but they're 2nd hand and they will somehow allow him to absorb the west coast culture better. in his dorm/studio/shared house or whatever i predict a poster he bought from hot topic of one of the following: bob marley, kurt kobain or sublime. he also owns one of the following: a fixie (fixed gear bike) a pair of brightly colored knock off raybans or a rubber bracelet supporting some cause he knows nothing about
>>
I raise/rehab huge moths and spiders and sincerely feel worse about killing them than mammals. Mammals are soft and plump even in death but killing insects/arachnids is like destroying tiny perfect armors, it just feel bad to me.
>find huge Automeris sp moth that is lacking half a wing
>cant fly, will die pretty soon anyway
>won't calm down either so it's destroying it's remaining wingparts further
>can't bring myself to squish it, so decide to be eco-friendly
>throw it onto my Silver Argiope's web, insta-death by venom
>feels good man, watch my Argiope feeding for a while, I love watching how elegant she is

The human mind is weird.
>>
>>789051
Oh so you're australian?
>>
>>789013
99% of mercy kills are retards killing slightly wounded animals because they don't understand how resilient they are. You were actually right. good job.
>>
File: image.png (178KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
178KB, 330x319px
>>800071
These super descriptive roasts that go way too far into detail are my favorite fucking thing about 4chan

OP will literally never recover from this
>>
>>789051
if you see this as like an upside down island that's actually pretty sick.
>>
>99% of mercy kills are retards killing slightly wounded animals because they don't understand how resilient they are
>>800111
see
>>800001
>>
>>791225
You ate it right?
>>
File: arfarf.jpg (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arfarf.jpg
99KB, 1200x1200px
>>788965

It's how he wanted to go

RIP in peace, bro
>>
>>789477
>what is limb regeneration
>>
>>796935
>>799859
boss hasn't bothered to renew his shotgun license for years now, so no gun. he never needed the thing. As for other methods, well, we kinda assumed it'd drown in a minute or two and once you're a minute or two into holding a huge thrashing beasts head under the water, it seems like you might as well cary on and finish the job.

Plus, it kinda needed to look like a natural death.
>>
File: 1457818591275.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457818591275.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>788981
>>789669
>>
>>789008
I love puns like these.

We need more puns like these.
>>
Almost everytime I hit the trails I end up mercy killing something.

>go out to check lake after big storm
>make it to campsite
>hear wailing
>find a mangled moose halfway underwater
>"What in the fuck"
>get closer
>its lower half was being eaten by fish and bugs
>its upper half was wailing in agony
>pull out phone and record a short video to show the rangers
>pull out rifle
>shoot the moose right between the eyes
>contact park rangers and let them know what happened

>driving through another trail a week later
>see movment up on the cliff face
>see the thing fall
>get to it after a few minutes
>mountain lion with body contorted in a way that should never be
>pull out phone and rifle
>record short video for rangers
>shoot the lion in the skull
>call rangers

>clearing storm debris last week at lake campsite
>keep hearing faint sounds
>grab rifle and decide to check it out
>another moose
>lower body is crushed by a fallen tree
>determine that it wouldn't recover
>contact rangers and shoot the moose

>yesterday
>see bird in lake flapping about
>paddle out to it
>bird is a golden eagle
>attempt to grab it and put it in boat
>it bites at me when I get it out of the water
>realize it has no legs
>"What the fuck"
>grab walking stick
>stand on raft
>fall off raft cause lost balance
>get back onto raft
>stand up
>smack walking sticks heaviest part on golden eagle
>bird dies
>im soaking wet
>start up a fire pit to dry my clothes faster
>eddy walks up
>tell him about the bird
>says its the fifth one he's heard of here

Fucking birds man,
>>
one time a mouse got in my basement and i ripped a nasty fucking fart, like it was making me fucking gag, the mouse looked like it was going to pass out so i just dropped my fax machine on it,
>>
File: 1457485638062.jpg (241KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
1457485638062.jpg
241KB, 800x778px
>>788965
I remember being young and finding a hurt baby raccoon, my first instinc was to kill it, because the thing was clearly in a lot of pain and bleeding from its paws and belly, but then, my friend stopped me and we got it safe to my house, fed it sardines ( dunno why sardines ), called the wildlife people so they could come and pick it up and thats what they did.

Called a few days later and said it died not long after they got it.

>mfw when I could have stopped the pain earlier but was prevented by emotional kids.
>>
>>789727
Underrated
>>
>>801784
Man you are a beast slayer.
>>
>>789013

I found a turtle in some feild like 10 miles form any water, was crazy

Carried it with me til I found a good sized lake and threw it in
>>
File: 1463948932705.png (6KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
1463948932705.png
6KB, 415x416px
>>789039
Top lel
>>
>>788991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnH_TOqi3I
Damn, if that baby gazelle had died earlier, it would've experienced more pain while the fucking baboon is ripping it's ass, genitals, and belly apart.
>>
>>800071
10/10 my fellow Berkeley anon
>>
>>789407
The slightly wibbly circle o life
>>
>Hunting season in Eastern Montana
>Mostly hicks around here, like MUH HUEG GUNZ and don't respect any wildlife for shit
>Riding shotgun with my dad, mobbing through fields
>We see herd of deer running away, one staggering behind
>Get closer and see his intestines hanging out, gangrene starting to form around wound
>Father let me put it out of its suffering
>>
>>788981
Kek
>>
>>789008
Topkek
>>
>>791921
Because he is a faggot
>>
>>788965
I mercy killed a buck. I figured some Hunter would shoot it with a bow and give it a slow death.

So I blew its head off with a shotgun, a quick death. Now the law charged me as a poacher and I have to go to court in a week.

Sometimes doing the right thing backfires. Stay strong o.o. We are the good ones.
>>
>>789039
Bah dum tish.
>>
>>789311
Duck that, just kill me.

I'm not dying yet,but why wait?
>>
>>789302
No reason to hide things from your children, don't raise more limp wristed faggots.
I remember my first pig slaughter, the screaming was unexpected, ignorance of youth I suppose.
>>
File: IMG_20150902_190947.jpg (997KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150902_190947.jpg
997KB, 2048x1536px
My mercy kill.
>>
OP here again

> out walking a popular trail along a river
> dog sitting by trail painting
> sees me coming, gets up and walks over with a slight limp, wagging his tail
> check his paw, there's a spiky seed in between his dog toes
> give him a pat, he's quite friendly
> hit him with a rock when he's not looking
>>
>>789013
Holy shit top fucking kek
>>
File: tumblr_nwa8zpdV3P1udwanoo1_250.png (49KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwa8zpdV3P1udwanoo1_250.png
49KB, 234x215px
>vacation in south of france with friends long time ago
>local dog is chewing on a frog
>shoosh the dog, save the frog
>frog is still alive but hurt on the inside
>we decide to mercykill it
>we decide our vegetarian friend should execute this ritual since he is the most ethical
>he takes a 20 pound rock and drops it on the frog
>missed
>he takes a 10 pound stone and drops it harder
>still a miss somehow
>he takes a 2 pound stone and slams it on the frog with high velocity screaming
>frog is completely gone
>we are full of mercy
>we cheer joyfully
>>
>>799873
based
>>
>>802214
Oh my fucking God I can't believe this is happening ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
It wasn't a turtle you simple-minded fuckwit of a pitiful excuse of the PIECE OF SHIT you drooling autist are, it was a fucking tortoise, a land-dwelling animal, which cannot swim, so you practically picked up a fucking tortoise having its usual morning walk, carried it for miles as the piece of stupid cuntface you are and threw it into a lake where it FUCKING DROWNED.
I can't stay these kind of retards, I mean what the fuck have you thought, did it magically fly to the middle of a fucking forest/specific landmass because it is as retard as you are? Was it never obvious to you that perhaps it doesn't need a fat fucks help? You seriously think you made the world a better place, you halfwit lovechild of a fucking whore? I hope one day someone'll throw you into a fucking lava lake, I'll go and take a massive log of shit on your flaming body you giant faglord.
>>
File: 1460241937032.jpg (137KB, 1080x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1460241937032.jpg
137KB, 1080x1028px
>>789446
fuck man that sounds like such a painful way to go

you suck nigga
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAMk_ZYO7g
>>
>>804512
he was obviously trolland anon, just by the way he wrote it. everyone's seen pic related by now.
>>
You should tell this sob story to /an/
>>
>>804121
I found one of those stuck in my garbage can this morning unable to climb out. It closed the bag, carried him over to my local Lowes, and let him out near the outdoors section. I left him some food and water. I hope he can make a new home in the Lowes outdoor garden section among the mulch bags and pallets and ornamental plants. Hopefully he will find some bird seed to munch on and avoid the mouse traps.
>>
>>804729

10/10 you did a good deed giving him a new home anon
>>
>>801784

Wow what merciful person. I would totally make a red indian head thing out of eagle feathers.
>>
>>788986
>on my way to meet friends at a bar
>night time
>driving along singing to music
>suddenly some sort of critter in front of my car
>swerve and avoid it
>stop and look back
>either a cat or raccoon
>it's just laying there, but I see its legs move now and again
>heart racing, I pull into the parking lot of a highschool nearby
>oh fuck oh fuck I don't want to see how bad it is but I can't just leave it there
>start walking towards it
>watching a big fucking SUV at an intersection stopped
>should have run
>did not run
>light turns green
>SUV heading right toward it
>no please god no
>hear horrid crunch as the SUV runs over it
>creature gives one last spastic twitch and then falls still
>stop in the middle of sidewalk trembling
>slowly walk back to car
>get in and cry my eyes out
>can still hear that crunch in my head and see that poor things last dying movements
>>
>>789312
it is common for someone who raises animals to have to put down ones who are sick or are in pain, when I was younger my sister raised rabbits and chickens and guinea pigs. When one was sick and likely to make the rest of the animals sick, or was in pain and not getting better we put it down using a cooler and dry ice. Lots of rabbits also went to the local dog food manufacturer if we couldnt otherwise get rid of them. Point is that a good farmer or rancher takes care of their animals even if they have to do something uncomfortable and put them out of their miserey. Someone isnt a shitty farmer or horrible person for doing so. Stop being so salty.
>>
>>805499
>salty
/out/ 2016
>>
>>789013
I kill between 0 and 10 turtles a day in my pond. They overpopulated like hell and it's really gotten out of hand. I killed one with a mepps and a pair of pliers today. Shot 3 the day before. 2 weeks ago I shot about 20 while laying prone pretending to be a sniper.
>>
>>805504
>I kill between 0 and 10 turtles a day
Me too
>>
File: fraser_x_seal_JUST.jpg (68KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
fraser_x_seal_JUST.jpg
68KB, 410x410px
>tfw I can finally post this pic I made some time ago
>>
>>805401
what was your quick way of killing it if you walked quicker?

don't say you expected it wasn't on verge of death
>>
>>790165

Jesus Christ
>>
File: IMG_20160701_063138.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_063138.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Shot my dog of 15+ yrs at 6am today.

Two quick ones to the back of the head and no more pain.

That's how I want to go.

> mfw she's the lucky one
>>
File: 1366158616455.png (16KB, 265x307px) Image search: [Google]
1366158616455.png
16KB, 265x307px
>>805952
ah shit man, sorry. how bad was she suffering?
>>
>>805952

Drinking one for you and your pupper tonight pal
>>
>>805953
>>805954
Tanks men! I've been up since 1:20A, she had it bad. Before we took bthe walk they don't come back from", she was puking and shitting herself most through the night.

This has been expected, but damn it's been a long day...
>>
you could eat it you know
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>805989
>>
>driving at night through backwoods
>see lump in the road
>think it's a coyote at first
>turns out it's a babby elk
>probably one of the first of the season, super lanky
>legs are all fucked, and it's bleeding from the nose, eyes are glassy
>go to drag it off the road so other scavengers don't get killed
>Fucker moves, and I jump a few feet
>drag it into woods about 50 ft
>makes some noises tries to move but can barely lift head, legs won't work
>all I have is 9mm pistol
>shoot it in the head four times
>everything is quiet
>hear branch move
>see cow elk walking into woods
>I just killed a baby right in front of its mother
>try not to cry
Cried a lot
>>
>>802214
>be me, turtle
>be on a mission heading over the land
>ive been working towards this my whole life, building my power up
>some retard picks me up and takes me about 10 miles off course
>have to start all over again
>>
File: 1442674432922.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442674432922.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>789306
>>
File: Win95_shutdown.png (4KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Win95_shutdown.png
4KB, 640x400px
>>788965
>consider what i must do, wonder if it can survive this sickness it has
>decide it can't, ask it if it's ready
>seal looks at me then closes its eyes slowly again
>it's time

this shit is heartbreaking. I had to put down one of our chickens who was really sick and suffering - it was looking right at the gun barrel then slowly closed its eye as if it was accepting its fate. then I shot.
>>
File: a.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>789695
>You do it and move on, anything else is just faggot Hollywood bullshit.

yeah man, having emotions is for faggots! feeling a connection to nature is for faggots!
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>assuming you know more about wildlife than experts who say don't fuck with "sick" animals
>assuming animals aren't resilient as fuck
>assuming a seal resting is dying and doesn't just have a fucking seal cold
>taking it upon yourself to kill a wild animal that's "sick" or "hurt".

Fuck you OP. Animals are resilient as fuck. That deal was fine and could have lived a healthy life.

Also, tortoises can fucking swim.

Fuck you /out/ and fuck your "I know what's best for nature mentality.

Pic related is nature being resilient as fuck.
>>
several times,, fuck cats,
>young me on the way to small local school
>walk past local "park" small grassy area
>see pigeon with fucked up, mangled beyond saving, blood encrusted, torn wing
>decide i am going to follow my heart and take it out of its misery.
>slowly walk up to it to not scare it away
>pick it up, its bleeding, feel like i can atleast hold it close, make it calm down
>it calms down, i decide it is time
>get a firm grip bellow its head and above its shoulders with the other hand,
>Twist, Pull, Twist
>it goes limp. .. .. never been the ceremonious type and i felt i didnet need to impose human traditions upon it so after it let go i put it in the trash because where the else are you gonna put a dead pigeon
>then maybe an hour later at math class it got interrupted because a friend of mine ran in telling me the pigeon in the dumpster made noise
>hurried down to the dumpster, lifted the lid
>there it was, head mangled, twisted by my had, turned unnaturally, looking up
> i picked it up, and again grabbed it by the head with one hand and above the "shoulder" with the other. and this time, instead of twisting, i just pulled
>pulled until i felt something snap

>and then it pooed on me. its was sad, pathetic and i dont know how i feel about it, from that day on, every mercy kill, be it bird, rabbit or what have you, it was done by axe or airrifle
>>
>>804174

holy shit im dying

op is such a fucking retard

>ask him if he's ready

hahah holy shit
>>
>>808848
>Show me your balls and shoot your pet or shut up.
>>
>taking a walk on local trail/bike path
>find a lone turtle trying to venture across the trail
>trail is easily 6ft wide and 78f+ on a summers morning
>turtle looks at me and we share a mutual understanding
>smash turtle with nearby rock and end its misery

>Bliss.
>>
>>804101
You killed it so it wouldn't get killed? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>Reading a book at home
>my kid comes up and tells me his toe hurts
>we look each other in the eyes and share a mutual undersanding
>I bash him in the head with a rock when he's not looking
I feel like i did the right thing.
>>
>last year
>walking in the woods of west Virginia
>be nice easy walk nothing major
>start to hear something crackling and than a thud
>be a dumbass run towards the sound
>come up on a spike buck
>arrow straight through the back spine
>get pissed at that they shot a spike
>immediately grab knife slit the deer throats (didn't know what to do at the time was kinda letting my anger do the thinking)
>deer dies fast and easy
>wip dick out piss all up in the deer's throat (kinda just kinda angled the head to open the tiny slit)
>waited for the hunters to come looking for it
>hunters finally found it loaded it up in there off road golf cart thing
>heard hunter say this will be good eaten
>felt great
>I avenaged a deers death
>>
>>801784
First name basis with the rangers now, are we? They are probably getting tired of your elaborate stories, complete with bogus "injury" photos, but are too afraid to stop your animal encounters in case you start having to "mercy kill" hikers that are unlucky enough to cross your path.
At least you found your niche, and can practice your true calling away from the harsh judgement of sane people. Good job, psycho!
>>
>foraging in the woods
>stumble upon deer giving birth
>look into the eyes of this beautiful, newborn deer
>we share a mutual understanding
>i bash his mother in the head with a rock
>leave, with a sense of accomplishment and oneness
>sound of him trying to escape his mother softly fade

What have you ever done for nature?
>>
>Camping innawoods
>Sitting by my fire near dusk
>Hear a sickly, weak buzzing over by my arm
>Find a mosquito sitting on it
>It's super frail and skinny, couldn't even get its proboscis into me
>I know what I must do
>I find a head sized rock, bring the mosquito up closer to my face and talk to it calmly
>Ask if it is ready
>Mosquito looks at me and then closes it's eyes slowly
>Its time
>I smash the mosquito over the head with the rock

I broke my arm, but felt like I did the right thing
>>
Went camping down in Big Sur a couple of weeks ago. Driving up Highway 1 along the coast on the way back, traffic slowed to a crawl and then cars started driving around something in the middle of the road. When I got up to the spot everyone was avoiding, I saw a badly injured deer trying to stand. Its back legs were clearly mangled, but it kept dragging itself off the ground, only to fall back. The harder it tried, the more panicky it became. It was flopping around like it was having a massive seizure. It was clearly in horrible pain.

A rock would've have done the job, even if I'd had one. The animal wouldn't have stood still for the finishing blow anyway. I suppose I could've opened the blade on my Leatherman and sawed its throat open, but I didn't feel like risking a hoof to the skull or being showered with a spray of arterial blood.

I drove on.
>>
>>800071
OP here, born and raised in the bay.
I've sailed to hawaii multiple times, was in the navy and have seen tons of sea life. That fucker was dying.

Good roast though and I do have a fixie.
>>
>>807252
It's so strange how animals just 'know' sometimes, isnt it?
>>
>>809032
You did the right thing... financially.
>>
File: faltan-el-respeto.gif (1MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
faltan-el-respeto.gif
1MB, 480x300px
>>804174
>>809018
>>809032
>>810447
>>810454
holy fucking kek
>>
>>788965
This is a federal crime in hawaii
>>
File: 1467983249984.jpg (302KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
1467983249984.jpg
302KB, 992x744px
>>789306
I can't stop laughing
>>
>a few hours ago.
>come home to a bird, sitting motionless in front of the steps to the house.
>it's alive, but dazed.
>probably hit the window.
>idiot. It's not even clean.
>it's just sitting there, shitting.
>make some noise, but it didn't startle.
>throw a pebble, still won't move.
>sit next to it, thinking I'd probably have to cou de gra this thing if it doesn't snap out of it.
>go inside for a little bit, checking on it every so often.
>it's moved a little, staring at other birds nearby.
>get close to it. It turns it's head and looks at me, not really afraid.
>I go back in, just as my wife pulls up.
>she comes in and mentions the bird.
>tell her I'm probably going to snap it's neck shortly.
>she grabs a small dish of water, and heads to treat it.
>swears she can nurse it to enough health to get going.
>kneels down to it.
>it looks up at her.
>turns 360 and flies away.

Should have dropped a rock on that trolling piece of shit.
>>
>>809043
Holy fucking shit this thread
>>
File: 1450382972521.jpg (164KB, 1076x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1450382972521.jpg
164KB, 1076x1306px
>>
>this entire thread
/a/'s laugh thread sent me
>>
>>788965
> something tickles the back of my neck
> I scratch at it and feel something roll
> it's an ant
> its abdomen is squashed under my fingernail
> seems to be writhing in pain, bobbing its head up and down
> it stops and we make eye contact for a moment
> I gently nudge it out from my fingernail onto my desk
> hammerfist.jpg

Clean and easy. I think I done good. This happens pretty often; they're not always ants.
>>
>>813138

>/a/'s laugh thread

wat
>>
File: ithurts.jpg (16KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
ithurts.jpg
16KB, 620x374px
>sitting at home on the computer
>out the window i spot a cat lounging on my front porch
>heart breaks instantly, its at least 92 degrees outside
>know what I must do
>smash my dog over the head with a rock
>successfully made room for the kitty in my home
>she settles down and falls asleep in my lap

>tfw i see a helpless rabbit in the backyard
>>
> walking along a trek through a park
> come across a guy lying on the ground, bleeding from his head
> he moans at me "help, I was tying my shoelace when some neckbeard walked up to me. We exchanged a look of mutual understanding because everyone's shoelaces come undone sometimes right?"
> he continues "I looked back at my shoes when suddenly he hits me with a fucking rock"
> i look at the poor bastard with his untied shoelace
> he sees me looking and we lock eyes
> ask him where the rock is
> confused, he points at it
> pick it up, and exchange another look of mutual understanding while he screams
> hit him with the rock while he isn't looking (he kinda was looking a bit)
>>
>>807298
This has to be the most bullshit story ive ever read.

Birds heads come off super easy if you twist and pulled it. It would of came off like a god damn bottle cap.
>>
>>800111
>99% of mercy kills are retards killing slightly wounded animals because they don't understand how resilient they are.
Most woulds are fatal to wild animals
>>
>>813215
> never wrung a neck
>>
Holy shit, someone screencap this thread

With all due respect for the actual mercy kills here, this is fucking gold
>>
>>813247

I'll wring your neck you goose
>>
>>800001
wtf i hate OP now
>>
Mercy killing wild creatures is retarded.

Letting them suffer for a few days is better than risking killing a creature that could've survived.
>>
>>811037
360 degrees and flies away? XDDD
>>
>>789403
I made it two sentences, not that interesting.
>>
>>790165
Kill yourself you raspy wasteful faggot
>>
>>809043
Good troll.
>>
>>801784
Post pics/vids.
>>
>>801150
Illegal in most places. Some states allow you to claim roadkill with police though. Others will just immediately take them to be butchered abs brought to food banks or whatever
>>
>>814606
Sound like one of those things that would only be "illegal" in most places. Either no one's there to care or you ask the cop and he lets you drive off with it anyway.
>>
>driving down road to school
>see dog walking along very skinny
>plastic stuck on head
>we both look at each other
>the old is sad
>we share a look of mutual understanding
>turn car and ram dog
>crazy girl must have lassoed this dog while I rammed it because she had a rope around its neck near the plastic cone
>she screams
>back over the dog because she must have screamed because it was still alive
>was a good day
>>
File: IMG_20160225_195213.jpg (962KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_195213.jpg
962KB, 2048x1536px
>>805952
> mfw 2/43 /OUT/ regulars have sympathy for Tikka
>>
>>801187
lol you need a license for a basic human right to protect yourself
>>
File: AuschwitzNinja.jpg (166KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AuschwitzNinja.jpg
166KB, 969x1024px
>mfw mercy killing is the ultimate hobby
>>
>>816752
good thing that's not a katana...
>>
>>809034

what the fuck
>>
>>809034
>ruin the meat
Now it died for nothing though. And the hunters would have mercy killed it themselves anyway.
>>
>>790936
No choking or shooting retard, life long pig farmer here. Choking it is fucked up, and if your shooting something that small and wriggly you've got a huge chance of shooting yourself in the hand if you hold it still, or missing the shot and causing further pain if you miss the first shot.

You need to use blunt trauma.

You need to pick it up by its hind legs, bring it up as high as you can and then smash it down head first against something hard a few times. Or alternatively get a lead pipe and bash it in the head a few times. The piglet is so young its skull offers basically zero protection so you'll smash its brain on the first swing. Zero pain zero fearo.
>>
>find a hedgehog whilst walking my dog
>it's obviously sick as it was out in broad daylight
>carry on my walk and get home
>can't stop thinking about the poor bastard
>go back out there with a pair of gloves and a box
>put hogbro into the box and drive him to the nearest vet
>nurses assure me they'll look after him
>don't trust the bitches
>call up a few days later to see what happened
>mfw hogbro was moved to a specialist wildlife vet and is making a good recovery

I'm loving dat good karma tbqh
>>
>>788988
I had this messed up looking racoon that was out during the day and trying to get under my deck. So I clubbed it with a chunk of 2x4 and never thought twice about. not because I'm badass, but because it was a messed up racoon. If it wasn't a cute seal you would be having none of those emotions.
>>
>>789704
I hope that one day someone kills you and eats you.
>>
>>807255
was he bitted?
>>
>Watching house for friend
>Go to feed his pet fish
>Realize something is wrong
>Fish is gasping, clearly struggling to breathe
>lethargically swimming along glass
>Decide it wont make it
>Run outside and grab softball sized rock
>Run back inside
>I look into the tank
>Ask fish if its ready
>We share a look of mutual understanding
>Throw rock as hard as it can at fish
>Aquarium shatters
>Fish is lying on the floor still gasping
>Pick up a piece of glass
>Stab it in the head
>The fish stops moving
>My hand is bleeding

Truly an emotional experience
>>
>>789008
Kek
>>
>>803978
I agree
>>
>>805729
JUST
>>
>>804588
This is now YLYL thread, and I fucking lost
>>
File: helpme.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
helpme.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
Oh here's a good one from when I was a kid.

>be me, be 12
>have a pellet gun
>be shooting targets in backyard when I see a sparrow
>I look at the sparrow and decide to shoot it for some fucking reason, yes I know it was stupid but I was a kid back then.
>The bird drops like a sack of potatoes
>Walk over to confirm my kill
>Find the bird isn't alive, but bleeding all over the place
>it looks at me with wet eyes
>ohgodwhathaveidone.jpg
>the bird tries to fly, but it can't, and it can only limp
>shoot bird again, still not dead
>shoot it a final time and it is kill
>go inside and wash hands, feel like shit for a few days

And that kids is why you dont shoot birds with a shitty pellet gun
>>
>>809043
Top juj
>>
I gut hooked the shit out of an American Eel the other day... was rigging another pole for bass when it bit. I decided to kill it instead of letting it bleed/starve to death.

>inb4 "Hooks rust away" meme
>>
>>822378
>the bird isn't alive
>it looks at me with wet eyes

choose one you sociopath killer
>>
>>800000
>>
>>789071
Death isn't painful at all for the one who's dead, it's all the stuff that happens before death, except the very immediate time before death because brains release shitloads of calming, peaceful and hallucinogenic chemicals when it knows there's nothing left to do but die.
>>
>>789306
I remember this post from FML
>>
File: IMG_4809 (1).jpg (50KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4809 (1).jpg
50KB, 400x320px
>>800071
>mfw I'm from CT but not rich enough to have a table cloth
>>
>Dad says to sit while he does one last push for durr season
>Sit on a log looking down a slight hill, all wooded.
>15 mins later I hear something coming up from the way the deer should be coming
>It's not running like usual, I catch a glimpse of a small doe
>It's limping very, very slowly straight up to where I'm sitting
>Stand up and get behind a tree while it makes its way up
>It finally limps up to me 10 yards away and looks at me
>Its front leg is broken in half and flopping around, probably from a car accident a couple days prior
>Don't even scope it, just blast it straight from the hip
>Tag it with last doe tag and go home
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37KB, 466x349px
>north western Canada
>winter, fresh snow on the ground.
>hunting white tail
>spot a trail of blood, its fresh so I follow.
>leads me right to a nice 4point buck sitting in the snow with an arrow hanging out of its neck.
>we lock eyes, I know what must be done.
>the durr slowly closes its eyes, I fire one shot.
Your suffering is over now little buddy, you were the best tasting durr I ever had.
>>
>>804729
dude, Lowes has glue traps everywhere...
>>
>>805401
i tried to save a turtle one time (not even hurt) and a truck just crushed the poor thing as i was walking over to it. the south is weird about animals.
>>
>>805952
im feeling it brother
>>
>>811037
bird vs window is super regular
ive seen a house sparrow and a hummingbird just this month.
they just get the sense knocked out of them. if you see it happen you can even pick them up they are so out of it.
but ive never seen one die from it.
>>
>>788965

>just got my shiny new saiga 12
>buddy says " let let me use you gun!"
>runs out side and unloads into a flock of crows
>saiga 12 has no choke, its for humans birdshot goes everywhere
>spend next half hour mercy killing wounded crows
vbuddy never shoots saiga again

it was a mess and i still give him shit to this day.
>>
>>824105
damn, i cant even green text right.
>>
Did this happen on the lost coast trail in northern cali because that picture looks familiar and I think I saw that seal
>>
>>824389
Dead seals are everywhere... In my wake
>>
>>824087
I once saw a bird smack a window and when I went to check on it, it's upper beak had pushed back and smashed into its lower beak, so it was stuck. It wasn't my house, so I wasn't going to kill this thing, but i wish i had. I tried holding it and prying it open with a stick, but the space between was so small, i couldn't do anything.
>>
Not OP: https://youtu.be/S8_pnEHJ8mk
>>
>>788991
bait
>>
>see a small bug on its back trying to get up
>Can't stand watching it suffer
>Kneel down next to bug with tears in my eyes and ask if it's ready to go
>...
>Stomp on it trying to contain my sorrow
>Go back inside house and cry
>>
>>824687
>see guy on highway offramp
>has sign that says "anything helps"
>tear up.
>steel my resolve
>whisper a psalm in his ear
>smash his head with a hubcap that was laying nearby
>drive away with tears in my eyes, but I know it was for the better
>>
File: 1438938320768.jpg (409KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1438938320768.jpg
409KB, 2400x2400px
>>788988
you want so much to feel good about yourself that you create this story for it
>>
>>824763
Just scrolled by and opened this pic. I can see the logic behind it, but... Animals are limited by their form. They have little to no choice when it comes to survival. The mosquito is forced to hunt for blood; no thumbs, hardly any intelligence to speak of. It doesn't pass on any knowledge to its offspring. It'll never plant a seed. Humans, on the other hand... meh. Just seems like a waste of potential.

Anyway:
> be me driving at night, gf in the passenger seat
> something like a raccoon scurries across the road
> I try to swerve out of the way but *bmff* hit it anyway
> cool.
> pull over to inspect
> turns out it's an armadillo
> shell or whatever's split open
> to my surprise it opens its eyes and looks at me
> we have this unspoken communication as I'm trying to hold back my tears
> I know what I have to do- but wait
> another car is speeding down the road
> I take a few steps back as it speeds by me seconds later and *crunch*
> it's over
> carry its remains to a nearby brush
> weep and say a few words as my gf telepathically calls me a pussy
> I hear her and we go home
> she cheats on me 2 months later
> we stay friends

Little does she know I banged her mom by the pool later that year lol~
>>
>>824788
Actually.. no I didn't. ;-;
>>
>>824788
>Little does she know I banged her mom by the pool later that year lol~
Good. For a second there, I thought you were going to say you banged the armadillo's mom.
>>
>>809043
kek
>>
>be me working on a farm to try and make enough money to start up a nice ole homestead
>Bring my pet with me so I won't get lonely
>Time goes by and my pet gets into some shit
>skip town
>pet still being a douche
>Shoot him in the back of the head
RIP in peace Lenny
>>
>>824389
point reyes...
poor thing was wheezing and coughing up puss and blood, tough to watch.
>>
>>819027
son, billy the dog is living a happy live on the farm.

you did good though.
>>
>>805952
FUCK
>>
My house was super infested with rats. For about a month i'd catch a rat every other day with a trap.

>Hear rats every day and night in the walls.
>Hear them eating dog food.
>Hear them fucking
>Hear them shitting.
>Feel sad every-time one gets killed by rat trap.
>A rat sets off trap in the middle of the night and wakes me
>It is screaming
>Go into room where it was caught
>Back legs caught
>It sees me and free itself and runs into a whole in the wall
>Cries all night
>I'm sad all night
It died in the morning and stunk up the whole house for a week.

>After killing about 10 i start to get angry at them
>Keep killing them with traps
>Only baby rats left.
>They are to small for the traps
>They eat the food and run away unscathed
>They set the traps off but don't get caught
>They are fuckers
>Extremely angry so i set out poison
>Hear a rat coughing in the wall
>Get sad
>Rat dies inside the wall
>Cant get the body because inside the wall
>House smells like dead rat for another week

>Sleeping in bedroom
>Wake up
>Smells like dead rat
>Rat died in the attic
>It died hiding in the insulation
>Room smells like dead rat for a week

>Hear trap get sprung
>Hear squeaking
>"got you bitch"
>It is tiny
>Its back legs were caught in the trap and it was trying to escape
>It is paralyzed
>Have to mercy kill it
>Fucking hated rats with a passion after killing so many but felt sorry for this one and didnt want it to suffer
>Decide i have to kill it
>Call brother over to come watch cause fuck him
>Grab mallet
>Grab Rat
>Take the Rat and bro outside
>Rat is calm
>Still trying to jew its way out of the situation by looking cute
>Take aim and smash rats head in
>Oh shit i missed...
>Rat is screaming
>I panic hit again
>The rat scrunches its nose cause i crush the tip of it
>Take last swing
>Critical hit
>Head explodes, Brains everywhere

Felt sad but had to kill like 5 more rats after that
>>
>>818711
What the fuck, is this a meme or real advice?
>>
File: aesthetic.jpg (66KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.jpg
66KB, 650x600px
>>801793
Holy fuck I'm laughing
>>
File: 20160731_102848.jpg (672KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_102848.jpg
672KB, 1920x1080px
>find a stray cat
>really friendly
>youreminenow.jpg
>matted hair and malnourished so I know she's stray
>one day she collapses in my kitchen and pisses herself
>stops using her litter box
>can't control bowel movements
>refusing food and water
>lying in corner dormant for two weeks
>consider mercy killing her
>leave her alone
>one day she just gets up and goes outside
>made a full recovery

Most of you mercy kill fuckers are retarded virtue signalling yuppies who wear head dresses to music festivals. Animals can recover from just about everything, barring cases of the moose with gangrene and its guts hanging out.

Pic related my kitter
>>
>>805952
Christ that's awful.
Hope you have someone close for support these next days Anon.
Godspeed.
>>
>>827936
>>They are to small for the traps
why didn't you just get mouse traps, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>828205
you let an animal suffer for two weeks and considered killing it instead of taking it to a vet. kill yourself, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>823903
I swear I was that guy. Holy shit.
>>
>>819681
FUCK
>>
File: 1421605038064.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
1421605038064.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>814455
S-summerfag detected
>>
>>825456
You scandalous comedian, I peed a bit realising that one.
Choicest of keks XD
>>
>>805504
>>805696
Are you guys Mario and Luigi?
>>
>>788988
Dafuq? Stop that hippy spirituality bs. You killed something that was sick. Good job. You didn't have a moment. I don't like killing things Im not going to eat, I don't hunt for sport without taking meat home. I've killed things that were in pain, had to put down 3 of my dogs growing up, that sucks. I've put down a sick deer, a squirrel with a broken back, I've killed venomous snakes that were in urban environments. You didn't have a god damned moment, pack up your pussy, reach for what ever remnants of testicles you have left and try to be a man.
>>
>>789306
I've ran over a pug. Lived in farm land gravel road doing like 45mph. All of a sudden a ball goes across the road look for kids start slowing done. Pug running like a bat out of hell, can't avoid it's low try to straddle. Nope.jpeg pull over as there was a kid and an old man. Apologize there was nothing I could do. Old man picks it up by the collar, I shit you not throws the fucker in the burn barrel and just says, "was the wives dog, I hated the fucker." Kids screaming bloody murder the whole time, grandpa tells him things die, get over it. Kid screams, "grandpa did you see his eyes they were bulging out of his head!" Grandpa just turns around with, "yeah.... its a pug they were like that the whole time." I apologize again, old man says it's fine and takes the kid inside.
>>
>>828173
That's how they kill pigs IRL, brutal, but less so than choking them
>>
>>828490
MY
>>
>>828992
Kek. At least the wife wasn't there.
>>
>>789154

>see plenty of dead seals on beach

Seals get washed up on the beach, like nearly everything inanimate that drifts in the ocean.
Also, you spend more time on the beach than in the sea, so naturally most of your encounters will be on the beach.
>>
>>829118
SHIT
>>
>No one lives around me so just let my dog roam around during the day
>One day it brings home an opossum it found while adventuring
>The opossum is mauled pretty bad but it's still alive
>Decide to end it's suffering, chop it's head off with a machete
>Later come out to find it had a bundle of babies in it's possum pouch
>They don't survive without their mother
>Indirectly killed a handful of opossum children

s-shit
>>
File: 1469558535535.jpg (298KB, 695x690px) Image search: [Google]
1469558535535.jpg
298KB, 695x690px
>>825456
>tfw
>>
>>788965
>not raping the seal
KeK
>>
>>789051
that bluish rock on the left side is awesome. do you know what it is?
>>
>>829179
UP
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.