[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game, set, match tent fags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Connect_Waterfall_small_grande.jpg (137KB, 567x378px) Image search: [Google]
Connect_Waterfall_small_grande.jpg
137KB, 567x378px
Why don't you own a turnstile faggot?
>>
File: Tentsile-Sting-Ray-Tent.-3.jpg (130KB, 740x494px) Image search: [Google]
Tentsile-Sting-Ray-Tent.-3.jpg
130KB, 740x494px
?
>>
I bet fucking in one of those is fun as hell.
>>
>>788619
these do seem sort of cool. But how much does the entire system weigh? including all those heavy duty ratchet strap things.
I'm guessing it must be a 10+ pounds
>>
Looks awkward as fuck to set up, and I bet you anything with more than one person in it you'll all end up in the middle (like on a lilo, hammock, or soft couch)

score: novelty / 10
>>
it's fun to see faggot tents in pictures and dream about sleeping over a waterfall with your gf.
Truth is, it's impractical af and you don't have a gf
>>
File: 1431359459956.jpg (61KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1431359459956.jpg
61KB, 650x366px
>>788667
>and you don't have a gf
I cant help it if I'm in training to become a wizard
>>
Set up goes like this:

1. Attach one strap to tree 1: success!
2. stretch strap over to tree 2, strap is too short, rig something together, tent falls in water while trying to stretch straps, you fall in water trying to retrieve tent. attach strap 2 to tree 2
3. tent is now wet, you are wet and muddy, while trying to stretch strap 3 to tree 3, you fall in the water again, undeterred, you persevere and attach strap 3 to tree 3.
4. almost asleep, you keep needing to pee due to the flowing water beneath you, traversing to dry land is a pain in the ass. tent is wet, your ass is wet. sometime in the night one of your straps loosens and tent falls in the water, with you zipped inside it
5. tent is never ever ever used again, you go back to your eureka! 2 man 3 season tent that is dependable
6. fuck that novelty tent
>>
>>788622
Except afterwards you're still on top of each other with no room to relax or breathe because gravity
>>
>>788758
>rig one tree
>rig second tree
>third doesnt work
>take down try again
>repeat ad infinity
>>
>we are too inept to use ratchet straps: the thread
>>
>>788630
>I'm guessing it must be a 10+ pounds
Weight: 8.5kg/ 18lbs
>>
>>788758
10/10
>>
>>788622
Doubtful, virgin, it is better to have something solid to push against for leverage.
>>
>>788844
>18lbs
okay, that's not for backpacking into the back country with. unless you have pack mules or something.
>>
>>788619
a lot of pressure to put on our tree friends.
>>
>>788619
That's still a hammock.
>>
>>788758
>>788778
I like how you're both assuming a situation where nobody else is around to help.

>>788816
also this
>>
>>788619
>have to stand in the water to get into the tent
>can't figure out why the foot end of your sleeping bag is constantly wet

This looks like such a good idea.
>>
>>788619
what's a turnstile faggot and why should I own one?
>>
>>788758
I think they're just using it to lounge in throughout the day. They don't even have any equipment in there.
>>
I keep seeing these advertised on Facebook trying to get all these new "hikers and adventures" to make an impulse buy
>>
>>789414
oh of course your helper can either move a tree closer or just hold the retarded thing all night! so simple innit
>>
>>788619
Dat looks like a shoop
>>
File: A1YTPPGFnRL._SL1500_.jpg (667KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A1YTPPGFnRL._SL1500_.jpg
667KB, 1500x1000px
I ordered the hammock part last week just for the novelty.

https://www.amazon.com/Tentsile-Trillium-Hammock-Green-Fabric/dp/B016Q020KK?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
>>
>>788816
>>788844
>>789414

So also weight of ratchet straps.
>>
>>788619
>save up for 3 years to bring kids to national park
>finally get to go
>whirlwind trip, so much to see
>bring kids for dayhike to gorgeous falls and swimming hole off the beaten path
>lonely planet highly recommends
>after everyone has their lunches, kids get muddy, fight with each other, one gets a bee sting, finally get to waterfall
>some asshole has uterus hammock strung over the whole thing like he owns it
>carry disappointed kids back down trail as dusk approaches
>gotta get to bed and catch the plane home in the morning
>>
>>790037
that guy is literally falling off the hammock pretending it's not big d but holding onto it like there's no tomorrow
>>
File: 1461546722792.jpg (114KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
1461546722792.jpg
114KB, 970x728px
That definitely isn't healthy for the trees you're ripping the bark off of with the ratchet straps.

Seems like a cool idea although I hike and camp alone so this seems like unnecessary risk for falling and hitting my head on something.
>>
>>788619
If it is so awesome, why is the promo photo shooped so hard?
>>
>>788619
First thought when I saw the video of it on FB
"Jesus Christ, you have to have three trees at exact angles for it to feel good."
Let's not forget about how cold the bottom must feel.
>>
>>790043
Dude as someone who went on a trip like this as a kid you will be shocked at how much your kids remember loving this trip and if you are anything like my dad be caught really off guard when it comes up randomly with lots of laughs at thanksgiving when they are in their late 20s
>>
>>792229
This.

Kids don't mind things adults get stressed about.
In their minds, they got to go do cool stuff in the woods. Their standards of fun are very low, you just have to put energy into it.
>>
>>792231
My first /out/ memories is climbing on a fallen stump that my little siblings and I thought looked a little like a bear, even thinking about it now beings a little smile to my face.

It really is the little things
>>
>>792244
i used to play on a big pile of boulders and it was our spaceship, and we had a bunch of stumps similar to yours that we'd pretend were motorcycles and we each had one
>>
File: 1447683036717.png (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447683036717.png
48KB, 600x600px
>>792245
>>792244
>>792231
>>792229
>tfw shit childhood
>>
>>792289
It's not too late anon, bear stump here and honestly even now when I head /out/ I can still tap into that little kid in me, just like scoutmaster Jenkins.
>>
>>792244
my favorite /out/ memories was my dad showing me the different types of rock in the woods, then showing me how there were ocean smoothed stones, in the middle of nowhere, and how all of this was once covered by an ocean.
>>
>>794892
Seeing a kid's face when they learn that genuinely amazes them is really cool. Kid's really are awesome when they aren't being shitty.
>>
>>789406
This
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.