[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunglasses Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 6534781_a1.jpg (64KB, 968x642px) Image search: [Google]
6534781_a1.jpg
64KB, 968x642px
General Sunglasses Thread
>and a little request
You spend time out, right?

I am thinking of buying Polaroid sunglasses.

Has anyone bought a pair?

Are they any good, for their price of course?

Tell what you are wearing, also any preferences.

>pic related, the pair I want.
>>
>>788159
I didn't know poloroid made sunglasses. Look like those old ray bans.

I have bought probably 10 pairs of nice polarized sunglasses over my life. I have lost or broken every sigle one.

Polarized sunglasses are great. They let you see great for fishing. But get the cheapest ones you can find no matter how ugly. You will lose them.
>>
File: IMG_20160607_192647155_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_192647155_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
I run cheap-ish safety glasses. Z87.1 approved when I need that, nice to know they're held to some degree of safety when I'm on snow or moto and there's chunks of ice, snow, dirt, rocks etc being hurled at my face.
Inexpensive to replace when they get scratched or if I lose them.

Also, fuck air travel.
>Flight's delayed an hour!
>the $15 sandwich was good, but not $15 good.
>>
>>788172
They are 3 times cheaper than ray-bans and they are known for their lenses, but I don't know about the frame quality.
And yes they are wayfarers, copy of the Ray-Ban.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-07-19-40-08.png (90KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-07-19-40-08.png
90KB, 720x1280px
>>788172
>Polarized sunglasses are great
Except on motorcycles. Polarized glasses hide oil and water on the road, that's something you want to be aware of.

On water, they're great. A circ pol filter on a camera lens is just as awesome.

>lol 800 ft elevation
>>
>>788177
Cool I'll look at those for the /fa/ part of me. I always thought i looked good in wayfarers.

>>788179
Yea polarized fucks up oil. Even some tint jobs. And every iphone screen i ever had. But for fishing and long distance shooting i loved them.

Alas i am a moron and cannot keep up with sunglasses. And the ones i do i end up breaking.

I make more money than ever now but i just can't buy another $200 sunglasses. My current pair are $20 gas station specials.
>>
>>788159
A pair of cheap zebra striped wayfarers. I have a goddamn huge head, so it's rare that I find a pair that fits me as well as these do. I'm always on the lookout for more, just in case.
>>
File: 2708_1024x1024.jpg (56KB, 1024x611px) Image search: [Google]
2708_1024x1024.jpg
56KB, 1024x611px
I wear a pair of vintage blublockers i got for a dollar at a thrift store. Best sunglasses ive ever worn.
>>
I've got a pair of Oakley Holbrooks with polarized lenses.
>>
File: 321666.jpg (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
321666.jpg
21KB, 800x600px
All I use are my costa's. Best sunglasses I've ever had. I don't go anywhere without mine.
>>
Oakly Tinfoil Carbon with polarized lenses. Perfect in most situations. But I can't read my phone screen though :P
>>
>>788197
>$20
if they aren't safety glasses, why not just buy the $1 glasses?
>>
>>788159

Thanks for pointing out polaroid sunglasses op. For someone reason things like that are right up my alley.

Just got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PA4FROU/
>>
>>788159
Polaroid 3016/S for general outing, and yes, they are well worth the price.
Julbo Tensing with cat. 4 spectron glasses for winter ski/snowshoe tours
>>
File: tyrant.jpg (117KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tyrant.jpg
117KB, 1920x1440px
>>788159
>I am thinking of buying Polaroid sunglasses.

Ha. Classic.

Anyways, they're a great thing to buy. I got my first polarized sunglasses as a gift. I was pretty amazed by the difference they make. Colors and contrast pops out at you like 3D. It's like putting on glasses/contacts the first time and having 20/20 vision again.

I've been wearing pic related for years. Tifosi Tyrant Fototec Polarized. They're cycling sunglasses so very light, durable, comfortable. Great for any outdoors stuff, but not bad looking for everyday use. The polarized ones are about 70-80 and it's worth it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.