[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 66

File: image.jpg (118KB, 618x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 618x960px
#52-"3D Fisherwoman" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>785540

>Mepps are still GOAT
I should've gotten out fishin' this afternoon since it was nice and cloudy all day. Had to catch up on that Sunday night DVR action though. Silicon Valley amirite? Maybe tomorrow I can get off work at a reasonable time. It's nice that the June sun stays up until close to 9pm, but that means I get home from sunset fishing way too late when I have to wake up at 4:30am.

Maimi anons outfished me the other day, I was proud.

Mainebub, what is the word on the strippers?

Talk about fishin.
>>
Op is a fag
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 720x540px
Anybody else have an opinion on this? >>787478

Mostly for leaders, but I'm curious if anybody has run it as main line too. I use Vanish for leaders, and had #4 Vanish on an ultralight but ended up going to braid because it is so much easier to work with. Vanish hasn't failed me for leaders, but in another 5 years when I finally kill that 250yd spool of #20 Vanish, I may try something else.
>>
>>787506
i use 15 lb stren flouro for pickerel leaders, and it works great, have had some big pickerel on there that havent bit through, , though ive had pickerel go clear through 8 and 15 lb mono easily , waay too stiff to use as a main line
>>
Shitty day today. Got out and didn't catch anything then got a call from my mom telling me my cat for 22 years had died.

Hope y'all are having a better day
>>
>>787514
i caught a 15 plus pound turtle , Sorry to hear about your cat, my cat is my best buddy, he sleeps on the pillow right above my head every night
really am sorry for your loss
>>
File: 1602427271.jpg (3MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
1602427271.jpg
3MB, 2236x2236px
Soon.
>>
File: spot.jpg (243KB, 1658x933px) Image search: [Google]
spot.jpg
243KB, 1658x933px
>>787514

Sorry for your loss anon, I grew up with a cat a year older than me, it fucked me up when she died at 20.

I only caught one ~14 inch lmb today but I haven't been skunked yet on my new yak so that's good.
>>
>>787478

I have been using Seaguar Fluoro Premiere Leaders with braid behind it. It's very narrow for it's strength, I love it.
>>
I want to learn how to fish.

Can I teach myself?

What would be the most basic freshwater setup I could get that wouldn't be a waste of money but also wouldnt be crazy expensive?

What kind of fishing can I do not on a boat in NJ?
>>
>>787551

Lot's of different shore fishing opportunities for bass, trout and others; if 1rod1reel's youtube channel is to be believed
>>
File: IMG_4543.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4543.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>787496
The browns have been poppin'
>>
>>787554
My issue is I have no idea where to even start and have no fishing friends.
>>
Fellow NC bass fisherman

What do you usually fish?

I've had a lot of success with Texas rigged senko worms and shallow cranks and a little rapala jointed minnow recently
>>
>>787551
>Can I teach myself?
no you have to be taught by someone else, it's the only way.

haven't you heard of the old adage, 'give a man a fish?...'
>>
>>787564
On a note of curiosity, has anyone else here tried painting patterns on blank spoons? I've had good luck painting old silver spoons that I find bait fish colors with nail polish. Caught me some browns from shore and my first brook. Any other success stories of the like?
>>
>>787568
While I don't have much luck with them my friend I fish with always gets them fly fishing off a boat
>>
>>787506
Mono floats and needs to be stretched if being used in deep water or being used in a trolling sit. Fluro has very little strech and since it does not float can be good at getting small light lures deeper. But sometimes you want the stretch and floating characteristics of mono. Fluro is stiff and since it has little stretch you can feel strikes especially with alot of line out. But there is less exspensive lines that can be used for this. And then just use fluro as a leader or top shot.
>>
>>787596
Also since fluro has very little stretch fish sometimes can tear loose of the hook in violent strikes.
>>
>>787496
Mepps are gud but I find the blue fox vibrax™ spinners to be breddy gud too
>>
>>787551
Have some pasta:

Best bet for fishing lakes and ponds, get yourself a medium weight rod and reel. 6'6" rod with a reel that holds ~150yds of 8lb or 10lb mono. Spool it up with decent 8lb monofilament line, most fishing outlets can do this for you. If you want to fish for more carp or catfish, maybe 10lb line. But 8lb is good for just about anything freshwater. You can still cast panfish lures with it and haul in bigger carp and bass.

Then grab assorted hooks, a couple bobbers, and some split shots. Pliers or a multitool are nice too. Best bet is just running nightcrawlers on a bobber and get comfortable with casting as well as seeing what you catch at these lakes. Then you can start with some lures. Ask what other people are using, or if you are catching crappie, largemouth, whatever, you could ask here for reccommendations or look elsewhere online. Watch youtube vids on how to fish the lures. Find out what works well at your lakes, and just keep going from there.

For a medium weight rod/reel combo (spinning reel of course), you can grab something for $40. But if you think you will really be into it or aren't too strapped for cash, you can buy a combo closer to $75 that will be much nicer and you won't want to replace after a couple months.

They do sell little starter kits with a couple hooks, weights, shitty bobbers, and a lure or two, but it isn't enough go last very long.
>>
>>787612
Any rod brands or reel combos you would recommend?

What kind of reel should I get?
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 1702x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 1702x630px
>>787615
You will get the most for your money buying a combo. You can get away with spending $40-$50 or even a little less at the bare minimum, but if you get closer to the $75 range, your rod and real should last you for years and years.

If you have a good local bait & tackle shop, they will help you immensely and maybe even tell you some spots to try and fish at. They will know the fish in the area and what they bite.

Top to bottom, left to right.
1) Abu Garcia Ike 2- $39
2) Quantum Bill Dance- $39
3) Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2- $49
4) Pflueger Trion- $59
5) Bass Pro Tourney Pro- $59
6) Lew's Laser Speed Spool- $59
7) Abu Garcia Cardinal SX- $69
8) Daiwa Revros- $69
9) Mitchell 300- $69
10) Pflueger President- $79
11) Shimano Sedona/Sellus- $89
12) Mitchell 300 Pro- $89
13) Abu Garcia Orra S- $99
>>
>>787615
Shakespeare ugly stik gx2 is a great/cheap combo for a beginner(got mine for $40). I was cheap and bought some shitty $20 rod&reel combo from Walmart for my first rod, 2nd one I got was a gx2 ugly stik combo and I'll never use that shitty $20 one again. Waste of money.
>>
>>787607
I swear by Blue fox Vibrax minnows. They're purddy quality
>>
Could anyone recommend me some lures or bait for catching trout?

PS: Thanks again Pepsifag for the line advice, I checked the previous.
>>
File: IMG_4526.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4526.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>787647
It depends on what type of trout you're targeting, but for the most part, worms are a folk favorite for trout and are decent at producing. Artificial baits like kastmasters and roostertails are also kind of a generic favorite trout bait. Vary colors based on species, try new stuff every time you trout fish. The bite will be different for every body of water.
>>
File: IMG_20140608_071734373.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140608_071734373.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>787647
I've found plugs or flat fish will produce pretty reliably. Also trout love a big fat leach fly pattern.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Just got these in the mail. I'm ready to catch all the bass now.
>>
>>787647
What kind of body of water are you fishing in?

For a medium to a large sized lake use a decent sized sliding weight with a swivel and a 6# fluorocarbon leader. Use powerbait eggs, personally I use the green ones, the powerbait putty thing also works. Cast far and deep, you want to find the cold water areas. Trout really like cold water and rarely come towards the shore in the summer time, they do tend to increase activity towards the shore during early spring though.

For rivers and creeks, cast in the deep area of the river and either use spinners or wacky rig the bubblegum pink worms.

For small stocked ponds it doesn't really matter that much.
>>
>>787680
what part of the east bay?
>>
>>787680
>Yum
Gross. I like that color tho. I have some Culprit crawdads like that.

>>787626
>says the anon who has been complaining about that reel daily
Those rods aren't bad but I still maintain it is worth spending $20 more and getting a combo with a much better reel.
>>
Skid is a gay furfaggot?

This explains so much. I've always vaguely disliked the guy and now have a reason to full on filter him.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>787796
This may be a fairly normie board but you are still on 4chan so I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
File: jQ83Wrc[1].png (355KB, 1131x396px) Image search: [Google]
jQ83Wrc[1].png
355KB, 1131x396px
>>787797
True, but generally all of the faggots stay on their containment boards aside from the 1-2 really loud furries who invade other places and let everyone know about their weird fetish.

I just dont understand furries at all, man. Hopefully when our lord and savior trump is elected they'll all be purged.
>>
File: 40384_600.jpg (104KB, 468x600px) Image search: [Google]
40384_600.jpg
104KB, 468x600px
>>787803
>>787797
Here's your image for thread #53
>>
>>787807
I never knew something fishing related could be this cringy
>>
>>787809
You're welcome.
>>
>>787807
>green line

Tbqh that bothers me more than the godless fur faggotry.
>>
>>787807
Second.
>>
>>787803
>Implying I force it on anyone/bring it up out of context
This bait is bad but I guess I'll nibble
>>
>>787796
Aside from that what is there to hate?
>>
>>787615
Get a Shimano Sellus Sedona combo it will run you about $80

I got one ~6 weeks ago and have caught dozens of fish with it since
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4102x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4102x1280px
>skid wishes this would happen to him

Damn... Really makes you think huh?
>>
I have been eating fish I catch up to 5 times a week for awhile now and I just saw an advisory saying limit to 4 meals a MONTH! How fucked am I?
>>
>>787850
You're probably fine though your mercury levels are likely elevated. Some herb fags say taking chlorella and cilantro extract can help reduce the levels of mercury in the body. The chlorella works as a chelation agent which binds too heavy metals allowing the body to remove then. The cilantro helps to move the heavy metals in the first place but taking it alone can cause retoxification.

Might be bullshit but could be worth a shot if you're concerned.
>>
>>787856
Yeah I'm early 20s so it'd suck if a doctor told me I can't eat from the wild 5 years from now
Yeah that sounds like horseshit to me I've never heard of anything being known to remove mercury
>>
>>787844
Serious question. Is there a non-sexual side to furry culture? I know a guy who is into it but either is shameless or totally oblivious to the adult side of the furry thing.

Question being, if I know someone has a fur suit what are the chances they lick penis in said fur suit?
>>
>>787867
No, not all furries sexualize it. But naturally the internet focuses on those that do. Just like how not all Muslims are terrorists, just most of them are.

67%
>>
>>787656
It'll be stocked trout in a lake near Flagstaff AZ
Noted on the worms bit, seems an easy entry-level way to do it.
>>787664
Link to that sort of lure?
>>787744
It's going to be Lake Ashurst near Flagstaff which isn't big at all unless my notion of small and big is off scale.
>powerbait eggs
>powerbait purity
>deep cold water areas
kk, it's stocked, but is an actual lake. Just not a big one.
>>
>>787875
You should in theory have good luck just soaking bait like worms are powerbait. Planters aren't nearly as finicky as natives.
>>
>>787795
I guess I don't know how it feels to have a good reel yet, but it's still a improvement over my first reel. I been thinking about getting a pflueger president as I hear that's a great one that'll last years.
>>
>>787680
Those craws are GOAT

>>787883
Once you buy a good reel you'll definitely understand. The good news is you can spend <$100 on a spinning reel and get a nice one.
>>
>>787849
>dem paws
>>
>>787843
I bet you have a furry picture on your steam profile, and I know you're a furry so obviously you've talked about it

>>787867
No.
Generally if you meet a furry, theres a 99% chance that they're either shamelessly into the sex or are lying.
>>
Welp i found where my first paycheck is going Some of my second one too https://hartford.craigslist.org/spo/5623141628.html
>>
>>787875
That looks like a pretty decent sized lake. I generally use this technique in a local lake thats 18 ha so much smaller than that.
>>
>>787929
That's a haul. Sad to see someone getting out of the hobby tho.
>>
>>787935
il probably go pick through it iand buy a bit of the shit, if i were to buy it flat out it would be a months worth of pay
>>
>>787929
Why wouldn't you just piece stuff together that you actually want/have researched?

If you're dead set on getting it you better offer way less than $1300. There's no way he'll get anything close to that
>>
>>787939
i have more shit that that guy in terms of rods, and reels, , im just going to go pick through the slures and shit, and maybe pick up a memecaster
>>
There is no way you can only eat 2 perch a month. Wtf is wrong with fish and game?
>>
File: supervribraxx23copy_866_general.jpg (28KB, 400x198px) Image search: [Google]
supervribraxx23copy_866_general.jpg
28KB, 400x198px
>>787875
What sort of lure do you want a link for? Where I live you can by plugs and flat fish at Canadian tire but you are probably American so I'm not sure where you should look. I tied the leach in picture myself but you can buy similar ones from fly fishing shops. Also spinners like these will do the job as well.
>>
>>787867
Very big non-sexual side. Most of it is nonsexual
When you are in a suit you can be really true to yourself in public and it can help loosen you up to give hugs and be silly
>>
>>787849
I'm not going to say it wouldn't be fun but it would be really scary too
>>
>>787971
you need a therapist, not a fetish breh
>>
This is slowly getting less fishing related. Pls stap.
>>
4chan makes me glad i am who i am tbqh
>>
what lures work best for y'all in turbid water? It's been raining around here and visibility has gone to shit. Nothing I was throwing out was getting any attention even thought the same lures had been killing it last week.

My only luck was with a gold blade mepps
>>
>>787977
Now I'm confused
>>
>>787982
That's my go-to lure for fast water- an inline spinner.
>>
File: flatfish1Large.jpg (145KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
flatfish1Large.jpg
145KB, 1024x747px
>>787967
These are what flat Fish look like if you've never seen one
>>
>>787986
And these are the style of plugs I use. I mostly troll these lures but I'm sure casting them works too
>>
File: $_35.jpg (12KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
12KB, 225x300px
>>787987
Forgot picture
>>
>>788023
(don't) DELETE THIS
>>
>>787929
Jesus Christ. I could never sell all my shit like that.

I think I'm about to buy a bass boat though... Found one and everything on it looks great, except the the transom is rotten, for $3k.
>>
>>787967
Where abouts are you from in Canada and what do you fish for?
>>
>>787967
>that pic
Hnng

>>787961
Apex predators are always worse to eat than smaller fish. I bet perch isn't as bad a big bass or northern pike.

>>787978
I'm all for blogging but this is true
>>
>>788033
I don't think the concentration of heavy metals in American freshwater species is high enough to matter unless you're regularly eating fish caught out of the Delaware or Ohio rivers right down from a steel mill
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>freshies will never catch undersized meme snook with a rod thicker than a pool cue
>>
>>788041
The freshie equivalent is getting an ultralight snapped in half by a channel cat when you're bobber fishing for bream.
>>
>>788041
>Centerpinners will never Know the feeling of a tarppn on a one handed rod thinner than many bass rods
>>
>>788049
>Centerpinner used to be a term used by fly fishermen to describe someone with a mooching/center pin reel but has since evolved to include all non-flyfishermen
Just an fyi
>>
>>787496
Night fishing tips? Cat fishing from rivers and ponds/lakes. Haven't had any luck so far in the nearest river. Gonna try a pond nearby my buddy swears by.
>>
>>787988
Love me some Lyman. Nice lures anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>788058
All about dat dip bait.

There is one anon who fishes channel cats a lot. He always says the same 2 things- CJ's Punch Bait is his go-to and if you don't catfh a fish after 10min in a spot, move.

IME, there isn't a huge difference for channel cats whether day fishing or night fishing. If you are fishing at night for cats, bring an extra rod and a Mepps.
>>
>>788061
How well do dip baits work in moving water?
>>
>>787620
Out of all the rods on sale on cabelas website atm which would be your pick for beginner?

They hare having some kind of fishin deal.
>>
>>788063
No idea, I mostly used it in lakes.

But if you were thinking about using those shitty dough bait balls, don't do it. Grab a jar of dip bait and a couple of the rigs instead. The sticky dip/punch bait works so much better.
>>
>>788067
What are you looking to spend? I will take a look.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Check out these 'zards I just copped from the local bait shop

That place is really a great resource the guy there is super knowledgable about what's biting what and where

It's a little pricier than the big box stores but I'll definitely be going back there
>>
>>788061
Alright, I got both dip and dough. Buddy is bringing chicken liver.
>>788063
My follow up, thank you anon.
>>788069
Thank you.
>>
>>788070
50-70 dollars.
>>
>>788072
Ayyyy I got some flukes in that color lol
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 640x1136px
>>788072
I don't think I have ever seen those 4" lizards. Just the regular 6" and the magnum 8".

>>788075
Hmm, the Pflueger Trion setup doesn't look too bad. Miami Anon's man got one of those Trion reels and it looks decent, I think she prefers it to her Sienna. There isn't a ton on Cabela's website in that range. They have the Ugly Stik GX2 like everybody else, but you will want to upgrade the reel within a month. I saw they have a Berkley Lightning Rod combo for $60 or something and those are decent rods but I would have to see the reel IRL to judge it.

$10 above your price range and you could grab the Pflueger President combo. Size 30 I believe if you want to do bass and general lake fishing. There is also pic related which looks really nice, as well as some new Quantum combo for $80 but if you do a Quantum, make sure you do your research and read some reviews. Quantums are normally good but they have had a couple reel models in the past that had problems.

Btw, are you buying online or in-store? I would suggest going to the store to make sure you really like it and get a size you like.
>>
>>788083
>>788075
tl;dr
Pflueger President if you can swing $80, otherwise Pflueger Trion if you want to stay at $60.

If you're a gambler and have $80, the Quantum on sale.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with Cabela's store brand combos either.
>>
>>788083
>>788084
So either way you recommend buying in store?
>>
Who Georgian Bay here?
>>
>>788091
what part
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x1136px
>>788075
And if you're ordering online anyway, Dick's has some decent stuff in your price range.

Pic related looks nice. They also have the Abu Garcia Cardinal STX and Vengeance combo on sale which I would highly reccommend (link related). I had a Cardinal SX combo (a step below that STX) and the reel is still going strong after years and the rod was nice until I broke it being a dumbass.

Mitchell 300 combos also go for $60-$70 everywhere and that wouldn't be a bad choice.

So I probably have just given you more ideas than you originally had and made it more confusing. If I had $70 to spend on a combo right now, I would probably do that Cardinal STX. I would try to find the Lew's combo in-store and might grab that if it blew me away. But I know that Abu reel will be smooth and their rods are pretty damn nice as well.

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24020986&appliedFilters=Price+Low+to+High%7CSpinning&page=3&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792&categoryId=52416806&fg=Combo%20Type
>>
>>788094
Parry Sound
>>
>>788089
Damn, I just typed a whole thing out and deleted it.

I reccommend at least checking out the rods in-store so you know what you are getting. You can get the right size and make sure you really like it. If you find the same one for a good deal online, then order it anyway. Only problem is sometimes rods have expensive shipping.

If you have a Dick's nearby, I know they carry those Abu Cardinal STX combos in-store. Otherwise go to Cabela's or Bass Pro and check out the two Pflueger combos, maybe the Mitchell and Quantum combos, and take a look at their store brand stuff.
>>
File: 20160607_184106.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_184106.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
> Its another foul hook treble episode

Im about ready to smash this lure, every fish I've cause as been shanked by one or more trebles

Just reeled in a 12" bass that spat out the first hook but gor caught on the second right behind his pectoral fin
>>
File: IMG_20150208_122503813~2.jpg (494KB, 2592x1098px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150208_122503813~2.jpg
494KB, 2592x1098px
>>788032
I'm in southern British columbia, Okanagan valley area and it's mostly rainbow trout around here. We've got a few lakes stocked with brook trout and the odd bass lake near the border. But it's mostly the rainbows I fish for.
>>
>>788067
Fug. I drove past a cabellas today on a job. I thought about stopping because it is the only one in hundreds of miles of me.

Maybe i fucked up and will have to go back tomorrow.
>>
>>788130
I'm not a fan of the Rapalas with 3 trebles on them. That's a Shadow Rap, right? There is one that floats and one is suspending. I think the floating one has 3 hooks while the suspending has two. I was looking at them and wanted to try one of each but ended up with just the suspending one because of the 3 hooks.

I like the X-Raps because even their larger sizes only have 2 trebles.
>>
File: 20160110_115324.jpg (468KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_115324.jpg
468KB, 1280x960px
>>788130
I think I have that lure
>>
Anyone got a tackle warehouse coupon code?
>>
File: 20160607_160521.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_160521.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>788059
Not mine, I stole that image from Google because I was at work.
These are mine
>>
>>788038
I'm in the Boston area tho, and I've been eating perch like 12 times a month.
I know the government has a tendency to exhaggerate also though in order to scare us into buying taxed farmed fish at a grocery store. I guess I'll have to see if I go blind
>>
File: 20160607_191201.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_191201.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
The he'll kinda lure is this?
>>
Anyone have recommendations on a good pair of waders?
>>
File: 1464724559164.jpg (44KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
1464724559164.jpg
44KB, 277x296px
>>788154
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard
>>
Why does everyone here hate baitcasters? All my surf fishing and big cat fishing is done with ambassadors. Also i liked my old cheap criterion for bass fishing but it finally broke.

Anyone that doesn't hate menecasters can suggest a replacement? The supposed """quality""" baitcasters cost $200 but my $50 criterion lasted me about 4 years. So what is the best cheapish (50-100) low profile memecaster?

I have tons of spinners and i agree with you guys that the president is fucking gold for the price. But i just feel i can fight better on a memecaster.
>>
>>788156
That's dope as fuck I'd fish with it

>>788164
I've like my Okuma Stratus V so far, my Abu Black Max has pulled me out some decent fish, and I know peps likes his Silver Max. I think the higher end memecasters are marginally harder to nest up, they're smoother, and the drag system is better. I haven't tried any real nice ones though that's just what I've heard.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Can anyone decipher what this says? Something Bait. I've had this lure for like 15 years and would like to buy some more.
>>
>>788180
lineage?
>>
File: 1458762008277.jpg (13KB, 280x220px) Image search: [Google]
1458762008277.jpg
13KB, 280x220px
>>788163
>doesn't know the most prominent symptom of mercury poisoning
>claims to be fisherman
>calls fishermen autistic for being aware of the dangers of their lifestyle
The true form of autism on 4chan
>>
>>788164
I got a lews carbon. It's decent for the $60 I paid.
>>
>>788183
That's it, thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 500x464px
>>788190
Lol

The heavy metal thing is pretty played up though

The NHS in Britain says it's fine to eat any amount and with as much frequency as you like of tuna, swordfish, shark, etc (all the big mercury-havers) as long as you're not pregnant or breastfeeding
>>
File: 2016-06-07 19.58.35.jpg (3MB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-07 19.58.35.jpg
3MB, 2121x3771px
Guys its Miami anon. This is the biggest thing I caught today. I had to fight for 10 min. I'm so proud.
>>
>>788204
That's a hog. You get a weight or measurements?
>>
>>788204
Nice fish, Bigger than anything ive caught this year yet,
You must be hooked into fishing now
Though i havent hit my honey hole yet
>>
>>788207
I could once I get to the house. Should be 5 minutes
>>
>>788204
Nice and plump
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Somebody who fishes a good lake should try pic related. It's a shakey head type deal, I think 3/16oz, with a Zoom Z-Drop worm. It has some crazy action.

>>788156
I have a couple Terminator spinnerbaits like that.

>>788164
Like TXfag said, I haven't had any issues with my Abu Silver Max. Those run $60 and the Black Maxes are $50. In that price range, you may be able to get an Abu Orra baitcaster. Otherwise I think you should look at some of the Bass Pro store brand baitcasters. Those are actually supposed to be really good for the money.
>>
>>788204
>>788209
You should let that one go, catch some average bass or catfish and keep those.
>>
go ans soak some baits for carp? or try to soak baits for catfish etc?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Just caught this guy on one of the 420 mini lizards
>>
File: 20160607_201833-1.jpg (4MB, 3016x1658px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_201833-1.jpg
4MB, 3016x1658px
>>788207
>>
>>788217
Did I break a rule by keeping it? The dad is getting ready to prepare the fish now.
>>
>>788225
>Update
alot of folks release big bass for others to catch, pus they help kep ponds balenced
>>
>>788224
Very nice

I've actually never eaten a bass before and I've caught hundreds of them

Let me know how it tastes
>>
>>788225
Ehh, that's probably a 5yr old+ fish, and it lasted that long in some little lake with a bunch of people around. Now nobody will get to catch that 5lb'er again, or that 6lb'er a year from now. That's why it's so hard to catch nice bass anywhere in Dade or Broward.

Places like that, if you really want a mean, find some nice sized bluegill or cichlids or go for catfish. They taste better anyway.
>>
>>788226
>tfw that's not how Pepsi taught her to fish...
2 out of 3 bass haven't made it back to the water alive. A little disappointed tbqhwy. Not trying to be a dick but it would be much better eating the 2lb fish if you really have to eat largemouth.
>>
>>788230
Ah I should've released it. If it ever happens again I'll do that instead.
>>
>>788231
What happened to the other one?
>>
File: Bass1.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
Bass1.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
>>788231
thats a shame, its funny though, her bass at 20 inches compared to pic related that was just under 19 hers looks giant, and mine looks tiny because im huge ( granted hers is a good bit chunkie r
>>
>>788190
You said you would continue to eat potentially contaminated fish because fuck the gubberment and there taxes. Is there some sarcasm that I missed? Because if not you're still retarded
>>
>>788130
That's the deal with those jerkbaits though. It's a lot of foul hooking because the fish will strike during a pause when your line is slacked so that you won't get a super strong hook set. The long skinny shape hard bait would also make the fish unable to take the whole thing if strike from the side as well, which happens since the lure turns sideway after a jerk.

I do like the 2 hooks ones though even if i probably miss more fish.
>>
Think im going to go out tomorrow morning and soak some corn for carp, Pretty retard proof, i better get csomethin
>>
>>788235
Gut (throat) hooked it. It actually wasn't that bad, but then she walked halfway across the lake holding it by the line which didn't help. Then I had to run back to my tackle bag and get the pliers. Got the hook out pretty clean but it was just too much for the lil 12" bass.

I gave her the pliers to keep after that. It's a shame that bigger guy didn't make it back. With how much I bitch about the fishing being shitty because of nigs keeping everything they catch, I'm suprised.

>>788241
I've mentioned that before. Too bad she wasn't around when I got that monster the other weekend. Would've looked even bigger. That bass she got is about the size of the one I post with my lil brother holding it and nobody thinks it's 4lbs+ because he is like 6'3".
>>
>>788244
In lake Ontario the gov advises against eating salmon and fish you do eat they advise to cut all belly meat away
>>
>>788251
6 ft 3, 220, 13 wide feet, i make 15 pound bluefish look small
>>
>>788252
That's great. Now do you do that? Or do you gorge yourself on mercury laden fish like a Chinese emperor trying to become immortal?
>>
>>788257
I've never caught a salmon ;_;
>>
Update on the bass. The dad made me scale and gut it myself and I was being attacked by horse flies the whole time, had to do it outside. Overall this has been the coolest thing ever. Hopefully he'll start cooking it soon so I can see how it tastes.
>>
>>788270
Did you open up his stomach to see what he's been eating?
>>
>>788257
Fucking kek
But seriously tho, I want to find the truth maybe someone here who's been eating wild fish constantly for 25+ years and hasn't died yet. The government does tend to exhaggerate when it comes to it's people being self sufficient.
I would be more inclined to believe them if they said a couple bodies of water in my state were contaminated but on my. Gov site it says basicly to stay indoors and hide from the big scary world and all fish you catch will kill you in a taste or too. I feel fine though so I'm seriously doubting their info
>>
>>788273
No but now I wish I had
>>
>>788277
>>788270
What did you get it on? Texas rig I'm assuming?

Coulda saved yourself the fly bites grabbing a fillet from the grocery store.
>>
>>788277
Gotta do that, it will help you to catch more fish and "match the hatch" for whatever body of water you fish
>>
>eating bass

People do this?
>>
>>788281
Honestly
>>
>>788276
In OC and LA, socal, there is a huge health warning about eating croakers from shore. Yet, I've seen an old asian man fishing for croakers every weekend and keeping every fish. I'm pretty sure he limits out every trip.
>>
>>788281
I've got a buddy who says he eats it all the time. Personally I've never eaten largemouth. I have eaten drum though and that was not gud.
>>
>>788286
He probablt has a 50% higher chance of cancer if he lives till 100. Which is nothing.

>>788276
They do over-hype it. If you're a pregant mother, you probably shouldn't eat fish all day everyday. But I'm sure there are many reasons besides the mercury.

They say Eskimos actually show some of the effects of heavy metal poisoning, but I don't think it is even a large percentage of them and they take it to the extreme. All they eat is fish and animals that primarily feed on fish. Plus they eat all the parts and a lot of fat from whatever walruses or sea lions. As a recreational fisherman, it would be difficult to have a real risk of any problems from eating the fish. You would have to try, eating nothing but those salmon stomachs from the largest and oldest fish.
>>
>>788292
Largemouth isn't bad, but there are much better freshwater fish. I always like smaller stuff better like fat bluegill, perch, crappie. They give you the perfect serving of meat to fry up. Walleye is decent too. I like catfish as well but it's a little different.
>>
>>788278
Texas with those purple/blue worms. I didn't expect this to happen heh.
>>
>>788294
Smoked walleye is the GOAT
>>
Damn those mini lizards really did some work this evening

Got three really nice bass all in the span of ~30 minutes
>>
>>788294
Bluegill and crappie can just be fried as is. Catfish actually needs the breading.

But i always cook my savable bass. It isn't as good as clean cats but it is food.

I really don't understand why people throw back so much. If i can keep it and I don't have dinner for 2 days i save it.

And fuck the mercury. I don't fish around plants or in farm watersheds.
>>
Miami anon I wanna let you know that I support your decision with that fish. Few things in life are better than killing something and eating it.

And I had a boss years back who told be walleye was the best. I personally have never tried it, but I believe him cause he was a fat fuck electrician who spent 90% of his day talking about fishing with people. I spent most of that job reading bassmaster, learning to tie flies, and taking naps. I miss working for the government.
>>
>>788302
I wouldn't want to keep the bass anyway.
Living in an urban area and being a recreational fisherman, it's hard to find fishing spots that aren't totally depleted. I'm not trying to ruin my hobby even further.

Plus I'm not crazy about eating fish anyway. I'm also too lazy to cook most days.

If I liked eating fish more, I would keep the snakeheads and some Mayans and bluegill.
>>
>>788276
I couldn't say if it was one way or another. Where I live there is only one lake in the province under mercury advisory and it's right by a mine. I personally wouldn't risk it. The risk outweighs the reward.
>>
Black sea bass>cod,haddock>fluke,porgies etc >everything else
Though I haven't ate blackfish ever, and I havent ate strippers in a long while
>>
>>788303
I don't think it's bad to eat what you catch once in a (long) while and I wanna see how they taste for myself.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>788309
>>788303
>tfw this is why we catch bass like this 90% of the time
>>
>>788305
Alberta?
>>
>>788312
I'm pretty sure I'll never get something as big as this guy again. I can live with this.
>>
>>788315
Better make sure I keep you away from that Boca lake then.
>>
>>788316
If you don't believe me when I say I'll release 'em then I guess.
>>
>>788313
No B.C.
Alberta's got a ton of fucked lakes and rivers, that's what happens when you produce a shit ton of oil
>>
File: 20160607_220744.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_220744.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Update, it's fucking delicious.
>>
God damn this is so frustrating, What is a decent braided line? I am getting sick and tired of losing my lure, sinkers and all because my #8 mono breaks on heavy casts.
>>
>>788332
alot of folks here use piwer pro, i have 15 lb one my ultralight, and 50 lb on my saltwater gear, you just need to be careful to check your eyelets for burrs etc
>>
>>788332
Use heavier mono. If you're breaking off over weighted lures, your line isn't strong enough for what you're targeting
>>
>>788338
It broke off on 3/4 oz sinker with egg bait. JDIMSA
>>
>>788340
Well that doesn't make much sense. Is the line old? Maybe you have a sharp spot in an eyelet?
>>
>>788312
>boots

She won't even show us her feet...
>>
>>788343
Brand new, got it like a month ago. I think it might have been at the knot at the swivel. It was an improved cinch knot so I still dont know what happened.
>>
>>788345
always moisten your knots with spit before pulling tight

heat from friction of tightening a knot can easily make it break

once you've had enough of that mono bullshit, try leveling up to a good slippery braid with a fluoro leader...you can thank me later
>>
>>788348
I have had enough of mono, it literally has no use outside of beginners. Already have flouro on order. Just need some decent braid now
>>
>>788141
That's a beauty bow. Well done anon.
>>
>>788293
Thats what I was thinking too. I figured it's so they can't get sued
>>
>>788350
>Mono has no use.

Haha nigga you gay.
>>
>>788332
Power pro
O
E
R

P
R
O

>>788164
I like my Wright and McGill sabalos I got off Pepsi. I use it for frogging with #40 power pro and a 15 pound mono leader for Texas rigging. I think it's about 100
My only complaint is the magnetic drag is under the side plate so I can't adjust it as easily as I would like. But Its an older model so they might have changed that
>>
File: suffix green.jpg (11KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
suffix green.jpg
11KB, 213x237px
>>787834
>>green line
>Tbqh that bothers me more than the godless fur faggotry.

are you kidding me? this is the best fucking line on the market for spinning and baitcast reels
>>
>>788359
>>788350
Seconded
Mono has a time and place
Fag
>>
>>788363
Maybe as leader but not as backing
>>
>>788096
Hey I live here
>>
>>788350
Suffix 832 anon...do it...make sure it's green
>>
>>788359
Bub, what else do i need for entry level saltwater shitm, Not pictured is weights, and hooks, and gulp swimming mullets
>>
File: sw1.jpg (110KB, 449x496px) Image search: [Google]
sw1.jpg
110KB, 449x496px
>>788373
forgot picture
>>
>>788230
>>788234

Why are you talking to yourself? You've posted pictures of that girl before. You can't get away with dropping your trip and responding to yourself. You're not fooling anyone you sad, sad, sad little man.
>>
>>788096
>>788366
Holy shit, other folks here from Parry Sound

Worlds are colliding
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Man bass never cease to amaze me on finding new ways to make my life hard to get the hook out. What I think happened with this guy is he got hooked by one, then when he was fighting he managed to get hooked in a different direction, but still on the same treble.

So now I'm trying to keep him from fucking up his gills with the hook on the end, while trying to not to tear his mouth up too bad.

Had to kind of hold him so he could catch his breath for a second, but he swam off pretty well once he did.

I don't know if I really like jerk baits. I can never really tell if I'm working it right, and I normally end up getting hooked myself some how when I'm unhooking a fish.

I'm starting to like the rod and reel a lot more now though.
>>
>>788375
#3 43 pound single strand coffee colour wire
Learn to haywire twist
>>
>>788396
if im going for sharks or-anything of worth il have my fishing buddy make me u a shark rig, those wire leaders are just in there since i had them and bluefish are a thing
>>
>>788153
Nice arsenal! The green frog pattern is my favorite. Smashes for lakers. What's your favorite trolling speed for them? Do you get the spinning problem at higher speeds?
>>
>>788388
The last bass I caught this evening nearly swallowed the hook

It was way down in the fish near the opening for the stomach which was pretty deep in since it was a ~3 lbs fish and that was a major bitch to get out

Thought I was just gonna have to cut the line but I managed to get the hook out and he swam away after just a few seconds of catching his breath

I'm glad I was able to unhook him he probably would've died with that hook stuck way down in him like that
>>
>>788218
go for some big cats. Always fun.
>>
>>788375
Needle fish and plug lures. Sp minnow is legit too
>>
>>788406
I've had that happen. People on here have said that the hook will dissolve, but I'm not sure I believe it would dissolve before the feesh died.
>>
>>788409
i actually think its going to rain tomorrow, so im going for carp in te morning, , as for cats im going to go some other time in my kayak and try to get some walleye too
>>788411
will addd those to my list
>>
>>788413
as always you need to make a judgement call
>>
>>788406
>>788413

Next time cut the line and pull the hook out backwards unless you are using something like a jig or something with trebles.
>>
>>788375
Spoon?
>>
>>788433
i hae a big 2 ounce kastmaster somewhere in there, Though i also have a big copper colored spoon i need to throw in there
>>
>>788435
Rubber sand eels are good to have too. At least up here in the north east
>>
>>788439
ive git some in chartruce, and some tsunami holographicones in the center of the top box
>>
>>788397
>Shark fishing on #3 single strand
Are you mad? You need at least #5 preferably #8 to reliably land big sharks. For bblue fsh that #3 wire will be nice for tying live bait rigs. Its much more minimalistic and cheaper than store bought wire leaders
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-08-00-04-59.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-08-00-04-59.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>788375
Bigger plugs. And 3oz poppers.

Get some minnows, and bombers long A

Excited to get back into the salt next weekend.

So sick of crappie.
>>
>>788443
plugs are so expensibe, all topwater shit is,
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-07-22-35-47.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-07-22-35-47.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>788445
It's well worth it.
>>
>>788446
if i start going salt fishing more oftne il invest in them, i live an hour (45 min minimum) from the shore and just dont make time for it
>>
>>788443
also the surf rod i bought is only 8 ft and raited to 3 ounces, though my 7 ft boat rod while stiff as a board, can throw up to six ounces ( ive thrown 8 with it once just for the hell of it )
>>
recently got a new tackle box as a gift with about double capacity of what i was using. also have a 100 dollar visa card from a raffle im going to use to stock it. recommendations on what to buy?

Already have a good assortment of crank baits and senkos knockoffs, but i mostly just straight line for crappie so i don't have much more than that. interested in some scented baits or maybe a spray attractant but seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors. really just looking to flesh out my kit for different situations.

TLDR what are some of your favorite affordable pieces of gear
>>
>>788443
Three forks 4 weight?
>>
>>788450
My st. Croix is rated to 2.5oz. I throw big 4-5oz plugs with it no problem. 3oz is the sweet spot though. 45 minutes is a drive, but a few striper swipers and a couple so minnows can go a long way.
>>
File: fagfish.jpg (266KB, 1920x961px) Image search: [Google]
fagfish.jpg
266KB, 1920x961px
Im a retard - only been fishing for a year now. Which knot is better improved sinch or rapala

pic of my PB a few weeks ago
>>
>>788453
Rio Santos 6wt. I didn't bring my small rods with me. Didn't think I'd be fishing much.

Still fun though, and goddamn do crappie go nuts for top water. I'll have a new video up in a couple days.

I paid out the ass for a mass license... not worth it. Fishing is such shit around here.
>>
>>788454
im sure i can throw more with my 8 ft, though 2 ounces seems to be the sweetspot
>>
>>788457
Huh. The line and the colour of the rod look just like my three forks.
>>
>>788461
It's the same reel/line combo.

My fly line is so bad right now, might replace it soon. But I'll probably be fishing more with my cane rod in the next couple weeks
>>
>>788462
That's what threw me off. The prestige reel/line and similar rod colour and handle.
>>
>>788452
Frogs are good to have imo
>>
>>788473
>>788462
And that crappie made the combo look smaller than it was
>>
>>788457

>paid out the ass

My mass non resident was more affordable than my NH resident, kek.
>>
>>788345
Careful when you tie improved clinch, especially for lighter line and you are doing a lot of rounds when tying the knot. You have to wet the knot then pull slowly when tighten. You have to hold the line on one end and the tagline + the hook when tightening tbe knot. If you only hold the tag end and pull too fast, sometimes the knot rides up into the eyelet of the hook and don't "stack" properly, making the knot fairly weak. Properly tighten, the loops should stack perfectly onto each other around the main line making a thin profile, instead of a thick bundle of knot.
>>
>>788509
Yup that's what I have been seeing a lot lately. I will practice a bit more with it.
>>
How the fuck do I cast light lures farther? Get a memecaster? I'm sick of throwing my arm out trying to get the lure past the bank, the only ones I can throw worth a shit are 3/4 ounce.

Pic related is one of the places I'm taking my nofish friend tomorrow, upon his request. I remember catching some small bass in these channels before, so hopefully they'll produce, since I tend to talk up my fishing expertise.
>>
>>788518

What power rod at what length are you using? Also, what line?
>>
>>788525
It seems hopeless on my light with 8# 5' rod and my medium with 12# 7' rod.
>>
>>788533

You should be able to cast 1/4 - 1/2 ounce stuff pretty well with a medium setup at that length. I don't know what's wrong.
>>
>>788533
Try 8 # mono or switch to 15 lb braid when using your 8ft medium rod. 12 is a bit heavy for sub 1/4 to 1/2 lures.

What kind of lure are you throwing. Certain lure doesn't cast that far and get fucked by the wind a lot. Minnow profiles generally doesn't cast that well though some fancy expensive lure such as lucky craft fm has advanced weight shifting system that help a bit. For example, I cast my 5/8 kroc as far as my 7/8 daiwa sp with no wind and the kroc would fly farther if there is wind against me.

Casting those minnow shape lure also need a specific load and acceleration of your cast so that the ball bearing inside of the lure will shift right. In my experience, make a long and wide "arc" and gradually accelerate your cast to top speed by the time you release usually works. I find snap casting minnow shape lures don't well.
>>
>>788555
Should I put the 8# reel on my 7 foot pole? Would that help at all?
>>
>>788565
theoretically, it should. What is the line and lure rating of the rod
>>
>>788375
buzz bombs, swear by em for shore fishing salt
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>788361
I don't think that Sabalos has a magnetic brake. And centrifugal brakes are always under the sideplate but at least it's easy to remove on that one. It just has that button instead of screws n shit.
>>
>>788518
I'm a big fan of #10 braid. It is light enough to throw 1/8oz lure and strong enough to handle weeds and bigger bass. Pair that with a 2000 or 2500 size reel and a 6'6" or even 7'+ rod and you will be good.

Also make sure you have enough lime on your reel. If spinning reels are even a littke underspooled, it will kill your casting distance. One of the upsides to braid is it doesn't try to unspool itself as much as mono when you get the reel nice and full.
>>
I definitely have a new favorite get up

Mini lizard on a slider head

Absolutely does work around here
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 640x1136px
>>788164
Did you buy a memecaster yet?

Dick's has a decent deal with their "Flash Sale" right now. Lew's memecasters are supposed to be bretty gud.
>>
>>788714
Slider head?

I'm going to keep an eye out for those. Too bad Dick's doesn't carry them. I'm going to be over there for work in a few min. I should grab some magnum lizards too for that lake with the huge bass.
>>
>>788715
No i was putting it off since i have enough spinners and was going to the coast this weekend. So i was going to use ambassadors on the gulf and spinners on the bay.

Are those the prices in store too? I hate online ordering. That reel looks perfect for what i use memecasters for. Small to medium bass.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 330x151px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 330x151px
>>788723
They're the GOAT

I prefer them to Texas rigs now with smaller stuff like those mini lizards, I get much more feel and think it presents better

I got them from the local tackle shop
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>788733
I've got some stuff like that. Pic relate here >>788213

It's like a shakey head. Nice for finesse stuff.

Damn these toads look good.
>>
File: image.jpg (984KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
984KB, 3264x2448px
>>788724
Those flash sales are only online. Dick's always has some good deals in-store too. And you never know when you can find a steal on some clearance reel that has been sitting around for awhile. Pic related was a $90 reel. I'm guessing it was hiding in the back somewhere unpriced and they threw it in the display case like that day.
>>
>>788555
Checked
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 420x314px
Just copped a Daiwa Laguna 7' medium heavy fast action spinning rod on eBay for $35 shipped. With a 4000 spinning reel it should be good for northern pike and occasional musky, right?
>>
>>788642
Whatever it is I wish it was exterior
>>788738
Then you bought it then I bought it from you
Its currently wearing #40 braid; I put the 20 on another reel.
>>
>>788760
What are the specs?
>>
>>788456
Palomar for everything.
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 750x1334px
>>788766
>>
So a cold front hit last night.
It's been in the upper 70s and lower to mid 80s
Its barely 60 today
Should I not bother going out or should I go to a lake to try for bass on fly?
>>
>>788772
I'd throw that for pike no problem butbid be very nervous about trying a musky on it.put on a 3000-3500 reel on there with 20-30 pound braid and rock and roll
>>
File: 20160608_121241.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_121241.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>788779
bruh, I just caught my first real bass all year, I'm absolutely ecstatic.
it was so clean, great fight, hook came out clean, he laid still for a picture and then swam away, It was really magical
>>
>>788787
Decent! Got him today?
>>
File: 20160605_163847.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160605_163847.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>788794
yah, I had the same feeling "it's too cold and too windy" but I had an hour to spare before class, so I ran out to my pond(which has notoriously been fingerling city).

I had been worrying that this Terminator was too big because off of maybe 100 casts I had 0 bites, but I guess this just proves big lures=big fish.
>>
>>788800
>big lures=big fish.
While this can be true it's not a rule. Remember than elephants eat peanuts. Its more important to match what's around than anything. 8 pound steelhead will eat size 12-16 Prince nymphs, size 8 wooly buffers, etc
>>
File: t3_bcr_p11[1].jpg (14KB, 456x256px) Image search: [Google]
t3_bcr_p11[1].jpg
14KB, 456x256px
Hi /out/! Been fishing with my trusty Abu 5500 for over a decade and finally decided to try those modern low profile reels. Found Daiwa T3 for 100. Is it any good and care to share any tips what I should expect in comparison to my Abu?
>>
The bite in my local creek was on fire a week and change ago when the solunar tables said it would be shit. Now it's supposed to be a prime time to fish and the bite is off

Why would this happen? Are the fish moving elsewhere to spawn? It rained and the water level is up but the current is calm and turbidity isn't bad.
>>
>>788404
The old fuckers tell me to troll then pretty fast and get them darting all over the place. That's served me well. However it's kind of hard to tell because the fishing on the lake I'm using them on is pretty slow to begin with. 2 fish a day is a damn good day, even for they guys that have been fishing it for it since before I was born. However I know for a fact that there are rainbows in there that can get up to 20 pounds
>>
>>788931
>>788925
>>788922
He said he pretends to be a dog, not a cat. Get your shit together.
>>
>>788787
can anyone guesstimate the fish's weight.
I'm doing the calculations and it's coming up at .5bs, when I would have guessed at least 1.25lb
>>
>>788952
on second thought I accept the fish was small and not worth posting, sorry for getting excited
>>
>>788955
I think it's definitely over a pound. It's a good looking fish. No reason to not post it. The people criticizing fish sizes aren't the ones catching any fish
>>
>>788955
id say about a pound, maybe more maybe less
but id estimate a pound
>>
>>788855
I feel that. One lunker is better than a handful of dinks.
>>
>>788961
>>788960
thanks, for all intents and purposes I've been fishing for little over a month(I'll discount all my childhood fishing experiences), and that was the first Time I ever thought to bring a measuring tape with me, so it was the first time I had a sense of scale since I'm god awful at eyeballing measurements.

I can't imagine what sort of bend a 5lb+ fish would give my rod, I'm not even entirely sure how it has a max of 40lbs to begin with.
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1155x893px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1155x893px
>>788940
Oops
>>
File: gggggg[1].jpg (194KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
gggggg[1].jpg
194KB, 690x690px
anybody have any experience with these guys looks like custom bait but more affordable.

http://www.fishkds.com/

really like the looks of the spinner 4 pack sale they have going on
>>
About to go fish for the next hour or so. I'm gonna spam the board with pics to drown out all this furry shit.
>>
File: 20160608_164259.jpg (766KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_164259.jpg
766KB, 2048x1350px
So today is bitter sweet. I'll start with the sweet. Look at this bass I got today. What do you think it weighs? I bet at least 7 pounds
>>
File: 20160608_162956.jpg (846KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_162956.jpg
846KB, 2048x1350px
>>789007
But on to sadder matters. I was going for bass with my 8 weight and suddenly the line stopped shooting. I tbink I found the culprit.
>>
>>789015
And then
As if that wasn't enough
I changed spots for crappie
And hooked something
The second I set the hook, pic related happened. I pulled in an empty fly with a single strand of weed on it
>>
>>789015
Is that the new one?

>>789005
I'm gonna try and get out for a lil but too but it has been raining pretty good.
>>
File: 20160608_172403.jpg (1MB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_172403.jpg
1MB, 2048x1350px
>>789016
Damn it phone I said pic related!
>>
>>789020
Yep. Used it 3 times. I'm going to complain to cabellas.
Hopefully they'll send me New tip tops
>>
>>789021
>>789016
>>789015
>>789007
Any way I guess I'm done fishing. I'm going to squid my way home (ride with no gear) and going to bed
>>
File: IMG_20160319_134206015~2.jpg (281KB, 2592x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_134206015~2.jpg
281KB, 2592x699px
>>788964
Years ago my buddies dad spent 19 days in a row fishing in January without a bite and on day 20 he caught a 20 pound rainbow. This is the biggest one we caught this year and is nowhere close
>>
>>789044
Still a decent bow. Good length but skinny eh?
>>
File: image.png (457KB, 718x963px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
457KB, 718x963px
>>789022
Would you inhale his farts?
>>
>>789048
I've found there all like that early spring. Not much food for them would be my guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>789044
Pic of the 20lb rainbow?

>>789049
At least post something fishing related and then make fun of him for being a furfag on the side. The rest of us don't want to see that.
>>
>>789049
>Posting porn in a so-called sfw thread

Mods
>>
>>789044
why do you wear waders in the boat?
>>
Update on the rods
I'm going to have to mail them to the place with proof of purchase and what not

Secondly I'm going to have to mention that the so-called non furs are posting more furry shit and drawing the thread away from fishing for furry shit more than the actual furries. Thryre also the only ones posting adult artwork in here.

It wasn't an issue for a long time and now all of a sudden. . .
Can we drop it now? Seriously I just want to talk fishing. You can try to annoy me in private but why keep derailing a perfectly good fishing General thread?
>>
>>789100
To get out of the boat?
>>
>>788715
I have one. It's great, especially for $50.
>>
>>789007
t. Pepsifag
>>
>>789081
He's caught that fish before I was born, he's got it mounted but I don't have a picture of the mount
>>789100
They aren't waders they are rain pants that picture was taken at the beginning of April.
>>
damn turtles keep biting the tails off my lizards
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ended up stopping by this small lake (pond) by a bunch of businesses. A million no tresspassing signs. Was there for like 5min and got a big fucking bite on a Super Fluke but didn't hook em. Then threw on a spinnerbait, got a nibble on that and between the rain and fear of getting arrested I left.

I might stop there again if I'm in the area but it is nowhere near my house. Whatever hit that fluke was big though.

>>789113
Honestly
>>
>>789124

There's a business I drive by all the time that has 2 big ponds out front. I was out there about an hour today catching panfish on flies and then using them as bait to catch some nice sized bass and a couple 6+ lbs channel cats.

Security drove by a couple of times before one of them finally stopped, talked fishing with me, and then finally to asked if I was an employee. Then I had to go.

Apparently nobody really fishes out there. Real shame.
>>
>>789145
Most places I fish are like that. I just ignore the no tresspassing signs. I have gotten kicked out of one place like that in the past 5 years. I'm friendly with people and act like I belong and I'm normally fine. Plus I'm white which I think helps a lot.

I'm smart about it too. I go after hours and on Sundays and don't camp out all weekend with the lawn chair and cooler.
>>
>>789124
I got a bass on my first cast this evening but he threw the hook

Nothing but turtle bites then

I know exactly where the big bass in the pond are but it seems as though every turtle in the area has decided to congregate there tonight as well
>>
>>789149
>>Plus I'm white which I think helps a lot.

Yeah. I had considered trying on weekends/at night, but I'm black, so there's that.
>>
>>789164
Depends how you present yourself too. Like I said, don't show up there with 3 Walmart rods with #20 mono, a big cooler, and a lawn chair and proceed to leave empty beer cans and tangles of that #20 everywhere and it will probably be cool.
>>
>>789169
>Depends how you present yourself too. Like I said, don't show up there with 3 Walmart rods with #20 mono, a big cooler, and a lawn chair and proceed to leave empty beer cans and tangles of that #20 everywhere and it will probably be cool.

Definitely don't do any of that: 2 shimano carp rod/reals, a soft tackle box, no drinking, and I catch and release everything, and even clean up other peoples' messes- but I'd rather not scare the crap out of people.
>>
File: pumpkinseed.jpg (9KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkinseed.jpg
9KB, 327x154px
so was out last night at a local stocked pond, looking for trout but all i came up with was pumpkinseed. saw some guys a thread or two ago with a few picks of some, my question is do you eat em? and if so how big to you like em to be? the other guys at the pond said they dont get much bigger then 5 inch in the pond im at so i dunno if thats even a decent size, seemed small.
>>
>>789179
I never ate ones that small. I'm sure they would taste fine. Plus it's bluegill so you could easily get a dozen of them.

The ones we would fry up while river fishing were normally at least the size of a hand. Maybe like 6" at least? It's been forever. But we normally didn't get small ones since they would be hitting smaller minnows on walleye river rigs.
>>
>>789179

6+ inch panfish are good frying pan sized. Shellcrackers/Redears and Bluegill can regularly get that size.

All the others either get thrown back or used for live/cut bait. I prefer them to other baitfish because only the larger gamefish have the guts to hit them, so I don't waste my time catching a bunch of undersized ones.

And if all you care about is feeling the tug at the end of your line without worrying about keepers, you can catch these bastards all day.
>>
Man the carp I just foul hooked won the fish lottery for shitty luck today

>1 treble under the mouth
>1 in the eye
>1 in the side and pectoral fin

He still fought good though.
>>
>>789196
Idk how you foul hook so many carp. I take a shot at them once in a while but never get them.

I'm sure if I really try I could. Carp are retarded. I was walking along the shoreline tonight and 2 carp were inches from shore. They see me, freak the fuck out, make a big splash and mess, and end up swimming like 2ft away. If I were a predator, I could still just grab them out of the water.
>>
>>789200
I've got a rig for snagging them that's a pyramid sinker with about 5 treble hooks tied directly into the main line above the weight. I normally just cast the sinker right past them and keep the bail open until they freak out and tangle themselves up.

Between that and bow fishing I cleaned out a whole pond full of grass carp. Made decent money from the landowner.
>>
>>789200
If you want to catch carp, use corn. Get a can of it, chum some out where they can smell it, use the juice! Use a small egg style hook and put a couple kernels on it. With light tackle they can be a lot of fun. When I lived in Southern Michigan by the Grand River i had a hoot catching them.
>>
>>789222
That's funny. Also checked.

>>789224
I am familiar with catching those fuckers. I just fish with lures all the time now and don't have patience to wait for carp and catfish.

At the one pond my house as a kid, we used to always fish for carp since it was nothing but 4" bluegill and a 10" largemouth or 6" crappie on a good day. But you could normally get a handful of heavy carp so they were by far the most fun to catch.

I like white bread over corn anyway.
>>
>>789231
Carp is good eatin. Looks like you got to enjoy the curse of small pond crappie. They ruin fish sizes in anything smaller than a city reservoir
>>
>>789235
Yeah this pond was tiny. Maybe like 100yds by 30yds. But it was 3 blocks from my house when I was a kid.

Time for a new thread
>>
Never caught an carp, i just dont have the patience, if the place ive been fishing had a spot to put a chair, or if i wasnt lazy and brought a chair, i would sit and let 3 rods sit with corn and white bread on it ,

But i need bring a chair or find a place to sit, Bit the ground is super soft,so idk what to do
>>
New thread is up
>>789241
>>
>>788164
>Why does everyone here hate baitcasters?

I personally don't hate baitcasters, but I'm not feeling any kind of pressure to get one.
>>
>>788228

Smaller 3-ish lb bass are quite good, but the meat quality drops pretty heavily once they get that big.
>>
>>788456

Improved clinch, but if you're using braid w/o a leader, double your rotations otherwise the knot won't hold.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.