[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good beginner's tent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: 41Tx6jLbV-L._SL1000_.jpg (29KB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
41Tx6jLbV-L._SL1000_.jpg
29KB, 1000x424px
Sup /out/. I'm looking for a decent one man tent. My only requirements are enough room for myself (average height) and a pack, and also that it keeps out the rain. Windproofing is nice too.

What do you think of this tent from yellowstone?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AOLGD1U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1WLIMHCD5AHRZ&coliid=IRPFE07MZDQP5&psc=1

It's only £25, can I expect serviceable quality at that sort of price? I've never done any /out/doors stuff before and I'm trying to avoid spending too much on a hobby that I might not actually enjoy.
>>
>>786489
where are you based m8
>>
>>786495
Well he is using pounds as currency. My guess is the uk.
>>
my general tent recommendations:
>2 person
not really that much more weight, you'll appreciate the extra room, and it's more versatile if you want to bring another person down the road
>free standing dome
you don't have to worry about trying to stake it in sandy or rocky soil, and they're much faster to set up when you're getting rained on
>2 doors
just a convenience/comfort thing if you ever have a second person
>>
>>786495
Sunny Scotland, my plan is to hop on a bus to the Cairmgorms.
>>786498
Thanks, do you think it's possible to get a tent like that for the same price? I can pay more if need be, but I don't want to spend too much when there's potential for me to not enjoy myself and fail to use it again.
>>
Not OP but I need a one man tent as well. I will be using it in Texas woods and deserts.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
>>
>>786501
I picked up a two person tent for 8 dollars at Goodwill yesterday, and it's in pretty decent condition. Try getting one secondhand if you want to test things out first.
>>
>>786525
I just want to confirm that a cheap tent won't like fall apart when rained on or whatever, really.
>>
I'm just piggybacking on the OP thread instead of starting an identical one:

I'm accustomed to using the new U.S. Army tents, the improved combat shelter ones. They're about 6lbs and roll up to the size of a loaf of bread. Stayed warm in Pennsylvania January, it's great.

Is there any civilian 1:1? Maybe lighter? I've looked at lots of tents, I can't seem to shop for shit.
>>
>>786759
http://litefighter.com/product/litefighter-1-shelter-system/
is this it?
It's cheapest with the kryptek highlander camo.
>>
>>786489
>https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AOLGD1U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1WLIMHCD5AHRZ&coliid=IRPFE07MZDQP5&psc=1
This perhaps?

Do any anons have an opinion on this tent btw? I don't have it but I'm interested in your thoughts.
>>
>>786497
Yeah I knew that, was asking whereabouts. Very different areas in the UK
>>
>>786759
Army has single person tents now? Shits changed since i was in. We used to fit whole platoons in tents but most of us just slept outside when we could.
>>
>>786782
Actually that is it, but this one looks weird; it has an NSN which means the army issues it, but somehow it's heavier than the one you can get in acu. Weird, but I have more options now, thanks anon
>>
>>786875

How good of a tent is it anyway? Any complaints?
>>
>>788759
It looks like a good tent. But every army tent i ever slept in was shit.

The normal army tent is a 30 man tent. When i was getting out there were 2-4 man dome tents but they weighed 15 pounds and were saunas. We used them for one field problem.

I spent 2 years sleeping in my bivy on hilltops. Half the time i had a cot. I never once set up a tent deployed. I slept on my rg 31 hood many times.

I still cannot believe that the army issues single person tents.
>>
Consider big sky or six moon tarp tent kind of things

They are pretty cheap usually quite well made as well as spacious. Very light for the price and easy to set up. Most can take walking poles for some of the internal structure - so you can save weight or just bring carbon tent poles.

Only problem is condensation since they aren't double layered oftentimes and in cold weather they aren't going to be ideal.
>>
>>786489
I own this exact tent. Seems fine but the one pole it uses feels a bit like it'll snap at any moment. I've only used this tent once.
>>
>>788769
>>786874

Crazy. I'm in the german army and we get a shelter half issued which you can use as a tarp or build a 2 man tent with a second one. And we have a bigass poncho which you can use as a tarp and shit.
Some units get a bivy, but i was not lucky to get one, it's quite handy though.
>>
File: shelter-half-2b.jpg (168KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
shelter-half-2b.jpg
168KB, 600x800px
>>789876
How well does the poncho work? Thinking aboutr getting one but dunno if I should just get a real tent
>>
I personally don't believe in one man tents, you can't put your bag and gear in the tent, so you have to put your bag outside in the elements and amongst the bugs and creepy crawlies.
>>
>>791529
Works quite good for me, it's like a tarp when you close the hood with a bit of string or smth. I usually build a lean to or I set up a ridgeline and build a nice tiny A-Frame

https://www.goarmy.co.uk/german-army-vinyl-poncho-olive-prod >>791529
>>
>>786489
I have this tent and I like it, there's enough for my my dog and I plus gear.

https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Person-Camouflage-Trail-Tent/dp/B000P9GZGE?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
>>
>>791631
Good to hear, heard the Polish ponchos are nice, if a bit heavy.
>>
Whats best tent for ultimate hot weather? I mean i have somewhat decent cheap tent but problem its like hell in summers. Im not very experinced with tent and i live and mostly hiking on near sea level.

Long story short, heat around summer is killing me, which kind tent i should pick for coastal mediterranean?
>>
>>786517
If you are in my part of texas, ( 90 miles east of houston, piney woods) you will need anything well ventilated in the summer, its fuckin hot
>>
>>791989
I live in Hawaii and deal with hot weather close to sea level. I have been using this tent for the past year and it has been perfect for a single person use. the front pulls open to fit my pack or firewood right outside the zipper covered from water when it rains. I highly recommend this tent you wont be disappointed. It has nice air flow vents on the top too.

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-5024617-Lynx-1-Person/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1465804554&sr=1-2&keywords=single+person+tent
>>
>>792389
>30 dollar shipping

Ruh roh, it looks nice, i was thinking for 2 or 3 person but i guess it has 2 person ones too, btw what about other alps tents? Meramac seems nice too.
>>
>>789475
How big a problem is condensation in winter? Also how much heat does a tent retain?
>>
rather than make a new thread i figured id better post here to ask:

I have a 4 man tent from the early 1990s that has a great design - the poles are built into the outer, rather than clipping poles on or feeding them through you just unfold and click them into place similar to an umbrella. The inner hangs off the outer and can be removed for winter camping.

I want the same but in 1-2 man size, anyone know any?

This whole pitch the inner with the poles and then position the outer over the top is RETARDED and anyone who has ever pitched a tent in the rain and wind will understand why
>>
>>794236
i can't help you but i'm interested in what your tent looks like. a picture or two would be cool to see.
>>
>Solo Tent
1. you
2. pack

Pick one. The other will be outside. Need a two man for enough room to keep pack inside it. Solo tents are basically nylon coffins and not much else.
>>
>>794252
I can snap a few photos tomorrow man, it's outside drying out as I jsut got back from an overnighter - usually I'm a hammock camper but the convenience of this tent is always welcome for car camping - jsut wish I could find something similar for when it's just me and I'm hiking.
>>
If you want a cheap tent with good review look at the arpenaz 2 or at the new arpenaz 2+
>>
Not OP, but similar. I thought the Wild Country - Zephyros 2 looked good, anyone who can shed some more thoughts on this one?
>>
>>786517
Get a big square of mosquito netting and prop it up on two poles.
>>
Posting my chink tent.

Bought this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3F-UL-GEAR-650g-Oudoor-Ultralight-Camping-Tent-3-Season-1-Single-Person-Professional-15D-Nylon/32600997177.html?spm=2114.01010108.3.216.lvNl4A&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9%2Csearchweb201602_3_10017_10021_507_10022_10020_10018_10019%2Csearchweb201603_2&btsid=9fc099d2-8bc0-4a12-86c8-76db043b91f1

Copy of the Big Sky Wisp.
All the stitching is good and seam sealed.
Weight and dimensions are correct.
Comes with X shape aluminium pegs, patches and ground sheet.

Just make sure its the sil nylon version.
>>
>>794488
I've been peeking around aliexpress lately, including that tent.

have you used it yet? any experience how it does in wind and hard rain etc?
>>
>>794546
>>794488
oh and also: it's not quite clear how the foot end is held up... what's going on there? is the pole or whatever included?

Reckon it'd fit a largeish 6 foot 2 type guy?
>>
>>794546
>>794549

Used it once so far. Area was slightly damp, dropped to 4 degrees C at night.
Slight build up of condensation.
The foot end has lines and a very small aluminium pole to hold it up.
If it helps, my 6 foot + built mate fits and is now buying one. Its not going to be hugely spacious for you though.
>>
File: TENTS.jpg (2MB, 2835x2835px) Image search: [Google]
TENTS.jpg
2MB, 2835x2835px
I'm in the same position, I don't need the best tent in the world, but I'd rather get something I don't throw away after this trip. My options are all in the same price-range and all have pretty good reviews. The pop-up is obviously a bit of a meme but I was surprised to see all-round good reviews on it and I wouldn't mind with doing away with the whole setting up process. I'm leaning more towards the Tunnel ones but Lichfield makes one of the Igloo ones and they're meant to be a good brand. What does /out/ think?

Tunnel:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Coastline-Compact-Tent-Person/dp/B004LB4BOU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Talas-Person-Tunnel-Tent-Treetops/dp/B00H5IPJ7Y

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Cobra-Backpacking-Tent-Person/dp/B0047T69S2

Igloo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Atlas-300-Three-Person-Tent/dp/B005LUIMKO/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lichfield-Cullen-Three-Person-Tent/dp/B006J2KPS0

Pop-up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Regatta-Malawi-Outdoor-Pop-Up-Tent/dp/B00QIJO0PS
>>
>>794595
Any thoughts?
>>
>>794572
That's useful info, thanks anon.
>>
I've been looking for the best tent setup for like the hot and humid ass south eastern US like 100 degrees during the day with 80% humidity. And most tents work great when its either Hot as balls with low humidity and no chance of rain. Or when its very cold/snowing.

Lots of people will say to use a hammock I know. But I got a hammock and it hurts the fuck out of my shoulders I get like maybe 2 hours of sleep before I wake up with shoulder pain and my nose is all dry and cold.
>>
My next shelter purchase will be one of these.

Always liked teh teepee styled tents and always wanted a hot tent for winter camping.
>>
>>794488
I have an Aliexpress tent too, the Naturehike 2 man silnylon, it's a copy of the Big Agnes Flycreek 2.
So far I've only used in on a climbing trip to Spain, so it was mainly dry weather with some showers. The quality seems fine and it didn't leak during the showers. I need to try it out in proper British weather to see if it's any good though.
>>
>>794595
>>794703
What are you using it for? If you want it for car camping then any tent will be fine. If you want it for backpacking then that rules out the popup tent and you should go for whichever is lightest with a reasonable amount of space.
>>
>>788759
The army improved combat shelter is the relatively new 1 or 2 man tent (you can honestly fit 2 full grown men and 2 full military sleep system in 1 tent).

I mainly used it for training purposes innafield, but it was so nice I found one to take with me when I go camping/hiking.

Pros are: relatively light weight (5.5lbs), easy to set up, easy to take down, very waterproof (been rained on for about 12 hours, no leaks), warm (technically it'd be a 3 season tent but I've used it semi-comfortably in january and february), the tent really seems bombproof, compared to coleman tents I've used and only gotten one season out of, I can see this tent lasting me a very long time, even longer if I self repair it.

For maximum warmness just kick some detritus underneath your tent before you set it up, make an insulating layer.

Cons are pretty much just having (I think) flimsy tent poles. I haven't broken one in 2 years, but I always feel like I will.

I'm not a tent expert, I just found something I like. It ran me about 150$ and it was a good deal, I'm not sure what else you could get in that price range.
>>
File: Vango Banshee 200.jpg (148KB, 1800x902px) Image search: [Google]
Vango Banshee 200.jpg
148KB, 1800x902px
>>786501
>Sunny Scotland, my plan is to hop on a bus to the Cairmgorms.
Aberdeenfag here, I got a Vango Banshee as my first tent and have used it all over the cairngorms in the summer and mid spring without complaint.

Just try to find a smaller walking pal to go about with, it's more of a 1 and a 1/2 man tent.
>>
>>794891
>I need to try it out in proper British weather to see if it's any good though.

That's what I worry about with any american/chinese/foreign/whatever tent... That they'll not be expecting every other use to be in a pissing gale on a welsh mountain.
>>
>>794991
Nigga, large chunks of the US are humid raining from the ground up swamps, hell the southern part of Alaska are technically rainforests. Only complaint with most tents that aren't trash here are that they retain some water . Tape the seams and You'll be fine, if they didn't already do it for you.
>>
>>794991

As a Brit all I can say is as much as we love to moan about the weather it's really not that bad here. Saying that American gear or anything doesn't mean shit: Good gear will do what it's designed to do, bad gear won't. The correlation isn't between quality and country, its between quality and cost. Don't buy some budget tent expecting it to be amazing.
>>
>>795020
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WELSH GALES YOU YANKEE SCUM lol.

>>795056
I do tend to find that british made tents (terra nova, vango, etc) and scandi ones and similar usually have a particular telling shared design point... They usually always have fly sheets that go right down to the ground or very close... Many american made tents seem to have much higher cut fly sheets. I assume it's because generally we have more sideways rain than they do, on the whole, though i'm sure there's exceptions. And i guess we have a whole load of moorland too where there's nothing to stop the sideways rain when it happens.
>>
>>786489
I was in your boat a while back (UK) and I looked at a lot of the sub £50 one man tents. The problem I had is that some of them looked more trouble than they were worth (i.e poor quality poles, heavy poles/pegs, poor heat retention, poor venting, or hardly waterproof), and the rest were too heavy for a one-man tent. Sure they are serviceable, but it's a gamble because you really might not get much use out of them.
Honestly I would say stretch your budget - I looked at the Burgerhouse peak 3.1 - yeh it's nearly 2kg but it was robust, spacious and at the end of the day you can go back to Millets/Blacks and get a refund/replace if something breaks.
In the end I paid £70ish for a Vango Helix 100, it's an older line so it was cheaper, and for 1.6kg still had enough space inside for my pack. I'm not a fan of the banshee honestly.
Wild Country (by terra nova, who make some serious ultralight/expedition tents so they know what they're doing) - definitely worth a look, good quality materials, I thought the coshee was a bit narrow for a pack too, though.

As others have said get some friends, there are some good 2 man tents out there that, when you spread the load will mean they're much lighter than 2x1man tents. Mine cost ~£40 and I use it solo sometimes because space.

tl;dr spend more, sell on ebay after 1 use if you have a shit night and hate backpacking
>>
File: 26098_1_.jpg (68KB, 1200x479px) Image search: [Google]
26098_1_.jpg
68KB, 1200x479px
>>794595
Firstly that Coleman Coastline looks like trash, will get flattened easy and weighs too much. Don't get me wrong my car trip tent is a Coleman (tasman 2), it's ace, but that looks utter rubbish.
Like the other guy said it depends what you are doing. If you're in a car there are tons of good tents out there, and if your capacity is 2+ then look for something with a porch and you can really get comfy and settle in (mine pic related).
If you're backpacking 2 person you want to be looking at weight firstly, and comfort space. My issue with a lot of the tunnel tents is they only open on one side - ones that open on both sides can be super handy.
Dome tents (igloo) I'm bored of, they can be heavy and poorly designed - i.e. wind can flatten.
If you want to have a good time and are genuinely interested in tents don't buy a popup.
>>
>>794971
>Aberdeenfag
Wew, hardly ever talk to people from my city on here. Know of any good /out/ stores? I was looking around the Cotswolds in Union Square today but everything looked kinda pricey.
>>
Not OP but I'll ask here,

I want to get a tent for my girlfriend and I, initially for car camping, and then maybe for backpacking / bike camping / kayak camping down the line if I can convince her that camping is fun.

I am assuming I actually want a "3 person" tent for the extra room, but would this make it too heavy to backpack with?

Would it be worth it to get a cheap (and I'm assuming heavy) tent to start car camping with, or would I just be better off spending more money for a nice, backpacking capable tent that I'll keep for a long time?
>>
>>796798

This would be for summer / fall / spring camping in Pennsylvania, btw.
>>
>>796803
>>796798

Fuck I also forgot to mention,

I'm 6'4" tall, do they make tents for tall freaks like me or am I shit out of luck?
>>
File: Arpenaz-2-tent.jpg (24KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
Arpenaz-2-tent.jpg
24KB, 800x507px
Poor bastard here, how shitty is this tent? Shoud i save up some money and buy a decent tent or will it save my ass around summer heat? It looks shitty and gonna setup this on summer heat but 2 layer seems good.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-2-tent-2-man-green--id_8293539.html
>>
>>796938
Doesnt look much waterproof. Thats bad.
>>
>>796798
>>796803
>>796808

Annoying thing abotu camping with my girlfriend (dunno if yours is the same) is that with a mate we'd split the tent, split the cooking gear, split anything that was used by both of us, but with the gf, well, i just end up carrying everything.... So I'd go for the lightest motherfucker possible if i were you. Probably a large 2 person tent ideally, or one with a nice large vestibule to put all your shit. With it being your gf you'll probably be just fine being a little cramped, it's not like you're going with a mate you don't want to end up accidentally spooning in the night eh.

I'd recommend spending a little more on a tent to begin with unless you're really not sure you'll like camping. I've owned a couple cheap tents before I moved onto decent ones, and it's just generally so much nicer being in and carrying a proper well made lightweight tent. If you're just going car camping then anything will do, and you might as well get the cheapest 4 person big-ass tent you can find, but if packing it and walking is ever gonna happen, it'll be useless.

I'm 6'2, and haven't owned a tent yet that i can't stretch out in so i think you'll probably be fine height wise, just make sure you check out the measurements on the specs. Going with the GF means you can probably get away with sleeping a little diagonal too, unless she's a huge tall freak as well.

I'm from the uk so haven't a clue about american tents, but from what limited info i've seen, there's some pretty decent and fairly lightweight (for the size and space you get) things out there.
>>
>>796952
Well there is almost no rain in this season on where i live, but sun and heat is problem.
>>
>>796938
it's cheap. really cheap. if it's all you can afford, well, it'll be better than no tent... I'm sure it'll stay upright in a little (but not much) wind, and keep the rain out.

If you really can't afford anything better, then decathlon own brand gear isn't a terrible choice, for the money. Nowadays I can afford to spend more on such things and i'd never again buy anything decathlon own brand again, but i gotta admit i bought a few things in my poorer days and they got me out there into nature and provided me with just about serviceable gear when i really couldn't have afforded anything else.

Tents are quite expensive nowadays. You need to spend like £200+ to get real quality gear, or around the £100 mark to get mid level decent stuff. My last tent cost £350, and it's the shit, but, well, you gotta want that extra quality in order for it to be worth the money. It you aint spending that much, then shit, a £20 tent is still gonna get you out there. I spend many happy nights with a tent like that one you linked with it laying flat on my face bashing me repeatedly not letting me sleep in gale force winds on welsh hills. I lived.
>>
>>796985
where you live? spain?
>>
>>796991
Turkey, pretty much same climate. Current weather is 41 celsius.
>>
>>796990
Yeah, some cheap gears can be really decent, i avoid my trip for 2 months and buy a decent tent but i dont know, as i said. Last time i had walmart tier tent but even on spring, tent was like oven and i like jew. As i said, heat is scaring me right now and i dont know if some quality tent make a difference.
>>
>>796996
Ah cool. I suspect anything with a shit ton of ventilation will do you well enough... Being in a tent in hot weather can be pretty uncomfortable.

I might even suggest a tarp with a bug net bivy, but budget might rule that out as you'd have two things to buy instead of one.

Generally speaking the tents I've looked at (completely different climate) get stronger and/or lighter as the money goes up... Even a cheap tent can be ventilated pretty well, it's all down to design. That one you linked doesn't look very well ventilated I gotta say. You'd probably end up sleeping with the door open or boiling to death.
>>
>>786489

There was a version of that tent in Aldi for £25 last year, me and a friend got one each. Really good for the price, keeps you dry although will get condensation on the inside so make sure you use some cordage to tie the upper sheet to a tree branch or something so that the bug net doesn't get drenched also. There's little room for a pack inside (I'm 6'3" though) however you can fit it outside the inner netted section without a problem and just raise it off the ground on a bit of sheeting.
>>
>>797023
Thanks, i will do some more research and maybe save up some money and grab decent tent.
>>
File: X001.jpg (36KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
X001.jpg
36KB, 900x900px
>>796979

Thanks for the input m8.

My girlfriend is practically a midget compared to me, so I'm used to sleeping diagonally.

I'm looking at the north face talus 3 right now which "floor area" wise is 7.4 feet long, so I should fit with some room to spare for my pillow.

I worked in an outdoors store a long time ago but I have no idea what a good tent brand is. I also have no idea if 5.5 lbs is a reasonable weight for a 3 person tent.

Just picked northface because I've always been impressed with all their other gear I've owned.

If anyone has good manufacturers of tents that they can recommend, I'd appreciate it.
>>
I find bringing an ultralight tarp, a bug net, a hammock, and underquilt is infinitely more comfortable and light than a tent and sleeping bag.

I also never camp anywhere without trees, though...
>>
>>797100
Remember, for camping in hot weather - ventilation, ventilation, and don't forget the ventilation.

>>797116
5.5lb aint too bad for a 3 person tent but it's not the lightest, nor is it the heaviest either though. Have a browse about and compare what you get for your money with various mfrs. I'm not much up on american tent brands but MSR and Big Agnes seem to be popular over there. I'm sure there's others, like I say i don't know yankee tents.
>>
File: eureka-solitaire-tent-848x250.jpg (16KB, 848x250px) Image search: [Google]
eureka-solitaire-tent-848x250.jpg
16KB, 848x250px
I have this thing

I won it when I was in Boy Scouts for selling a metric fuckload of popcorn
Thing still works great, keeps the rain and wind out like a charm
Even suitable for a big guy (6'6") like me
>>
>>795460
I bought the Cobra and used it. It was tiny. My gf and I were squashed against each other and the ventilation was piss poor. Everything went worse than expected.
>>
>>797116
I think rei makes a very similar tent for less.
>>
>>797317
This looks like a good tent to go to.

Anyone got any more 2-person tents they can recommend? I'm new to all this stuff and want to go on my first hike/camp next week
>>
>>797317

I've heard the poles are super flimsy, constantly breaking. Any truth to it?
>>
>>799680
I've had a break but nothing a little duct tape can't fix
Other than the one, they've been pretty fine
>>
We really need a TENT GENERAL.

Guys,

am looking for a 'nest' or seperate inner, but I'm in the EU.

Something like a Seek Outside Cimarron Cougar nest

https://seekoutside.com/cimarron

The best I've found here is the Hex V4

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WB117.html

I want to be able to use my tarp in the summer without getting eaten alive and I like modular, so a seperately pitching 1-2man inner would be the bomb.

Does anyone know what I need to type to get a good keyword search for these things? Can anyone reocmmend one?
>>
>>786782
>http://litefighter.com/product/litefighter-1-shelter-system/
Looks just like a spawn beacon from Arma 3 kek.

Probably one of the better, more legit tents I've seen tho. $200 is not bad considering all that it is... Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>800607
I'm in a similar boat.

Aliexpress has a few things like that... this is one, but there's more if you search about
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3F-pedestiran-silicon-coating-inner-tent-high-quality-summer-tent/1302938_32277242475.html

I just bought (arrived yesterday, maybe 2 week delivery time) a small bivy sized bug net inner tent type thing from there, quality seems up to scratch, and it's lightweight.

I'm considering getting a couple more things from there based on the rather impressive price/quality ratio i've experienced so far.
>>
>>800648
These are the two stores on there that seem to have the most relevant gear:

http://3fulgear.aliexpress.com/store/group/Camping/1947325_506841027.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1302938?spm=2114.12010108.100004.2.Klif8w
>>
>>800649
I'v had super bad experiences ordering from China with dealextreme,,

I am however very tempted by this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/230G-Ultralight-Outdoor-Camping-Tent-Summer-1-Single-Person-Mesh-Tent-Body-Tnner-Tent-Vents/1947325_32646768966.html

cheap, lightweight (looks more like a travel netting than a camping item which is both plus and negative), and free shipping...

Decisions decisions
>>
>>800651
That's exactly the one I got yesterday. I'm really rather surprised by the quality, and it turned up via yodel signed for delivery so generally quite impressed. The only thing I'd alter would be a double zip so both ends can open up (i sometimes like to sleep on the thing with just the bug net zipped up over my face, and in it's current configuration that won't work without a mod, and the stuff sack could be half the size and still fit the bivy easily enough. Minor gripes though, it's an incredibly high quality item for like £15 or whatever it is. Aliexpress seem quite legit from what i've heard, my experience backed that up, and i'd totally order again.

If you've any questions about it do ask.

Only thing i'd say is if you're much taller than me at 6 foot 2, it might be a little small. I just about fit in it comfortably but any taller it might get a bit cramped. It's also obviously not something you could sit up in, i'm considering one of those trangular type ones as well for more spacious luxury.

I say go for it. £15 is the kind of money you'd waste on a cheap takeaway for two, so fuck it, why not.
>>
>>800738
In fact fuck it, i just bought
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Silicon-coating-2-persons-summer-tent-3F-Pyramid-ultra-light-high-density-mesh-inner-tent/1302938_32277125089.html

It's 20cm longer than the one i already have and is sit up compatible so I have some options now.

That and my tarp and i've got a very flexible and spacious shelter system easily under 1 kg.

Qiute keen to see how it looks when it gets here now.
>>
File: 780o6j0o.jpg (187KB, 1800x902px) Image search: [Google]
780o6j0o.jpg
187KB, 1800x902px
>>794971
i see myself constantly tripping over this
fuck
>>
>>800779
Dig the poles a few cm in the ground and a peg on the loops and you can remove it.
>>
>>800779

Lived homeless for a bit in one of these.
Bends in the pole snap if you look at them wrong.
Built-in obsolescence.
>>
>>794971
OP here, I got a vango tempest two man tent. Cheers.
>>
>>800750
oops, i linked the two man version. i ordered the one man.
>>
>>792406
alps has just about the nicest stuff for the cost of any tent manufacturer
>>
>>792411

Tents dont retain much heat as a rule

it will be maybe a few degrees warmer inside a tent than outside
>>
>>797317

for you?
>>
File: 1425310649606.jpg (433KB, 791x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1425310649606.jpg
433KB, 791x1023px
>>802288
It could fit a lot of different sizes of guys
>>
>>802288
Of courshe!
>>
>>802286
unless the sun is beating on it in which case it can become a furnace

>>792411
good vents are essential IMO.
>>
File: palatka.jpg (549KB, 902x1024px) Image search: [Google]
palatka.jpg
549KB, 902x1024px
>>791529
The poncho in the picture is a plasch palatka, which is designed to be used as a tarp in the field. I think about taking one old eastgerman one on my trip to skagen this summer.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.