[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ flashlights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (69KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 736x414px
What light to do use for your /out/ activities?

I've been using a Fenix E21 for years and it's done the job, and I was planning on buying another to leave in my car but it turns out they're discontinued. So now I'm thinking about buying a Fenix LD09(pic related) but wanted to see if there were any better alternatives.
>>
File: 41nwMwNmmgL._SY400_.jpg (13KB, 185x400px) Image search: [Google]
41nwMwNmmgL._SY400_.jpg
13KB, 185x400px
I don't actually have a picture of it because it's laying in my truck, but I've been using this streamlight for a little more than a year.

Just clip it somewhere on your chest or belt and go, the clip is actually pretty sturdy, I've even run and had it stay on me. It has a good beam, there are better lights indeed, but this has never left me wanting.

I know what you're thinking, and a head lamp would probably serve me better as far as wearable lights go, but I am subject to the rule of cool, as we all are.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>785813
Princeton Tec headlamp and little LED MagLite that runs off 2xAA batteries. I already collect fishing lures, no need to waste any more money on tacticool flashlights and knives.
>>
>>785813
My favorite light is a nitecore P12GT.

Great throw and adjustable.
>>
>>785813
I have the LD09 and carry it everywhere. Works great for EDC and has enough grunt to give a mediocre spotlight enough to be helpful in an emergency.
The control can be annoying but you get used to it.
>>
>>785813
Well what are you looking for specifically?

For me, criteria are usually
>decent UI with a sublumen mode
>secure pocket clip
>neutral tint or other useful emitter options (I like nichia 219 a lot)

I have a Zebralight H600Wmk2 and H502c which make good /out/ lights, and also an L3 Illumination L10 and just picked up an Eagletac D25A titanium (2014 model for half price).

I'm a big ZL fan, have you considered the SC5?
>>
>>785832
Also using a Princeton Tec Fuel here. Its only 35 lumens, but it is plenty when you're innawoods. Almost always leave it on low, rated for something like 150 hours on 3xAAA.

I also carry a Surefire G2X. Very bright 320 lumens white light with a tight beam, but only about 2 hours of life on 2x123A. The end can also get quite hot if you use it for more than a few minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>786203
I use it for fishin, stays in my tackle bag. Sometimes I wish I had an extra bright spot to see far away, but it would probably blind me when I turn it off. The red light or the low white light is great for seeing what I'm doing when unhooking a fish or tying knots. Bright white is good for walking along the shoreline and trying not to trip over shit.

Batteries seem to last forever too. I bought the thing last fall and have yet to change them. The age of LED's is glorious.
>>
>>785813
some no-name chinese led light that cost me less than a buck. it works perfect.
>>
Anybody has experience with Olight S2 Baton? Should I get it?
>>
>>786209
how much have you spent on your knife?

>>786459
Not that specific model but had only good experiences with Olight
>>
>>785813
Petzl Tikka +2
Use it for years for general camp chores like cooking inna dark, pitching tents and take a shit at night.
>hands free is king, lumen output is not even close second
>>
>>786883
knife is a mora companion cost me like $12 because i was impatient.
>>
>>786886
Oh, and I use a SAK Camper as my main knife, should be around $30, before you ask.
>>
>>785818
how much?
does it stand still on a plane surface?
>>
>>785832
>>786203
just ordered the Fuel to use while biking just before sunrise. I was pretty stuck on which headlamp to get since they all seemed to have some glaring issue when reading through the reviews. wouldn't be right if I didnt thank ye both for unknowingly suggesting a lamp, cheers homies
>>
got stranded on a cliff in slovenia last night, had to navigate down with a glow stick. not fun.
>>
>>786926
Are you anon with the sweet Miami Vice bicycle who just started camping?

>>786907
That's a Princeton Tec, right? I can't remember which one mine was but I was not disappointed for $30. It gets banged around pretty good in my tackle bag too.
>>
>>786934
yes sir it is. I'm pretty hyped for it now, been looking for a decent lamp for so long
>>
File: 160607_003126.png (71KB, 810x1282px) Image search: [Google]
160607_003126.png
71KB, 810x1282px
Excuse my drawing but I didn't think my description was good enough, anyway:

I remember owning a light like pic related a while ago, and to describe it, it was an led light, maybe 3 inches across, bright/long enough beam for me to walk through the woods without worrying about where I'm stepping, pretty sturdy metal clip on the back, and I THINK it was push to turn on/off.

What the fuck was that? Where can I get another one? I got the first one just from in my dad's junk drawer, I'm sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1154x1154px
pic related, got it for free and I love the little bugger
>>
Black Diamond revolts are there perfect headlamp. Bright enough for any outdoor activity at night, rechargeable via mini USB, water resistant and takes normal triple As if your rechargeables run out. On sale right now too.
>>
File: 20160607_085102.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_085102.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>785813

Thrunite tn 12. Love this light, also got a head strap that I can attach it too. Doubles as an awesome weapons light for my AR.
>>
File: tactical_flashlight_4_grande.png (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tactical_flashlight_4_grande.png
187KB, 600x600px
Got this from survived hax/Amazon

Was rated real well, it's holding up to my shipping gig so far
>>
I have the mini Maglite but its twist to turn on and I want something that is also compact enough for a pocket, metal and runs on AA's but with a button.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: Snowmobile_Babes_3.jpg (141KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Snowmobile_Babes_3.jpg
141KB, 720x576px
>>787951
I had the same, upgraded to the Fenix LD20... basically the same dimensions/batteries as the minimag, except it doesn't suck. Only regert is that I waited so long to upgrade.

>pic unrelated
>>
There are so many goddamn brands of flashlights that offer like 60 different models, like fuck...
>>
>>787908
I use a TN 12 as my primary outdoors (and EDC at night time) light. It's amazing with the Thrunite rechargeable 18650's.
>>
>>788097

Mhm. I ended up getting a recharge kit, with 4 18650s. My father in law was playing with my tn 12 the other night. He was so amazed how bright it was, he was shining it ar ppl house (max output) at like 1 in the morning. Now he wants one, so I'm gonna get him a bundle kit for father's day.
>>
>>787683
how did you get a 175$ flashlight for free
>>
>>788142
I'm black.
>>
>>788142
I know it's the whitest kid answer ever, but connections from my dad. Was talkin to the old man about getting a sure fire and when I told him all I got was "anon, don't spend any money on that! We'll be down in Vegas for the "Shot Show" (private companies trying to get those sweet sweet government contracts).

He asked what I wanted and came back with it. That's how I have all my expensive Benchmade and Gerber knives too. My dad may not be a fancy lawyer or Doctor, but I got some pretty sweet kit back in high school. Thank you, based Army.
>>
File: d25a-peers-few.jpg (93KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
d25a-peers-few.jpg
93KB, 600x547px
>>787951

Eagletac D25A

2nd on left in the image.

You can get regular Al versions and 'limited' Ti versions for a bit more.
>>
File: IMG_20160608_131445.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_131445.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Newest buy. USB rechargable CREE LED for EDC in USA.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.