[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tanning a mystery pelt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: coati_small.jpg (43KB, 295x144px) Image search: [Google]
coati_small.jpg
43KB, 295x144px
I've got two questions for you guys.
Firstly, I am tanning the pelt of an animal I can't identify. I thought it was a raccoon when I picked it off the side of the road, but it's definitely not. The face was all black; no cute coon cheeks, and heavy padded forepaws, not like raccoon hands at all. But about the same size, and with a ringed tail. Long fox-like snout.
It looks *exactly* like pic related -- except pic related lives in South America, and I'm in Maine. Do we have invasive coatimundi population in New England, or am I crazy?
It's not a fisher cat, it's not an oppossum.

Second question: this lardass's pelt has been driving me crazy trying to scrape the fat off it. I'm stretching it over a plank and all the techniques I can find on google. What am I doing wrong?
>>
ITT: Anon tans somebody's missing cat.
>>
File: Squaw-ringtail-28073.jpg (130KB, 753x500px) Image search: [Google]
Squaw-ringtail-28073.jpg
130KB, 753x500px
This thing lives in the southwest. It's called a Ringtail Cat.
>>
Somebodies pet coati . That's why it is so fat.
>>
>>783939
That's what I'm thinking. I can't believe anyone in my town would have an exotic pet like that, but maybe I should post on the community facebook page. (I might omit a detail or two about its fate)
>>
>>783205
Where in Maine did you catch that? Jackman here.
>>
>>783237
Looks like a fox only more catlike.
>>
>Be me
>OP
>Be 2018
>Successfully tanned hide
>Have neighbors over for dinner
>Hear a scream from hallway
>AllMyWhat.PNG
>One of my neighbors see the stuffed hide
>She's whimpering "Mittens" over and over again
>TFW it's her missing cat
>TFW she thinks I killed her cat
>TFW I'm arrested for animal cruelty
>>
>>788186
>be me
>dead dog and I tan it to remember her
> wear her front paw and carry it with me because she saved my life
> get judged and get insulted for loving my dogs and remembering them
> Logic.
> FYI my dog died against a fight against a grizzly which was after my moose on a hunt. She protected me and died for me and I was forced to put her down on site. Love her.
>>
File: 20160114_104709-1.jpg (5MB, 2368x2111px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_104709-1.jpg
5MB, 2368x2111px
>>783205
Post a pic of it.

>hard to scrape fat
Is it dried? You can rehydrate if so.
>>
>>788191
Super sad.
What a loyal dog.
>>
>>790305
geez, i was like.. what a cute little fucker and then i noticed the trap
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.