[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Geraldine Largay Memorial Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: BQWX3lPCIAIe5FG.jpg (69KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BQWX3lPCIAIe5FG.jpg
69KB, 600x450px
It is time to mourn the loss of this vibrant and free spirited maverick. Lost to the elements of such unforgiving woodlands as Maine we can only hope that in her final hours she found what she was looking for.

RIP
Gone but not forgotten
Geraldine Largay your family is in my prayers as I also pray that you are safe in heaven

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/26/when-you-find-my-body-please-call-my-husband-wrote-dying-hiker-lost-along-the-appalachian-trail/?tid=sm_fb
>>
I refuse to post in this thread
>>
>>
Its her own fault really
>>
>>782774
There are 2 threads about this already
Check the catalog next time, dumbass
>>
>>782786
So that's the """"""""""""loving"""""""""""" husband?
>>
>“She was absolutely where she wanted to be, doing absolutely what she wanted to be doing with every fiber of her being,” he said.
Dying?

It's kind of hard to feel bad for someone who died within 100 yards of a rescue team and a half mile from the trail. I do feel bad for her, but either someone up above wanted her dead, or she was so directionally challenged that she could have just as easily gotten lost and starved to death in a Costco.
>>
>>782838

I don't feel bad for her. I'm kinda happy for her. There are worse ways to die and I think that quote is suggesting she died doing what she loved. Not everyone wants to die old and sick in a hospital bed.
>>
Loke dis if u cry everytim
>>
Now this is shitposting.
>>
File: 20150828_104829.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20150828_104829.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
memorial in the woods thread?

this is for forest ranger F. Thomsen,
here´s the story roughly translated

>March 16, 1866, between 8 am and 9. forest raner Lars Thomsen walked from Ravnehus in Hareskov through the woods. He was on his way home with his brother in law and an apprentice after they had worked in the woods . On the way they met the three men with guns . One had a sack on his back back. As forest ranger Lars Thomsen yelled at them the three men started running and dropped the bag. In the bag was an animal that had just been shot. So Lars Thomsen knew that it was poachers they had met. so he ran after them, but he was hit by a shot in the abdomen and had to be brought home. The following day , March 17 ,died on 50 -year-old forester . He left behind four motherless and dependent girls

dont know if the poachers were caught later and i cant really find anything on it online
>>
>>783251
He died and that made them motherless? I thought transexuals didnt exist until the late 1990s?
>>
>>783254
no, his wife had died, i just chucked it in google translate and looked it over real quick, supposed to just be like "parent less" "orphaned" or similar
>>
>>783256
Well damn. What a shame.
>>
somewhere up there in /out/ heaven McCandless is (incorrectly) trying to show her which plants are edible and which ones dangerous

unfortunately she keeps wandering into the woods every time he takes a lethargy break
>>
>>783251
Oh wow. This is right by my house, I usually jog by this spot. Never expected to find it on 4chan ever.
>>
File: 20151003_161426.jpg (734KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151003_161426.jpg
734KB, 2048x1152px
>>783267
there´s a surprising amount of Danes on /out/
>>
>>782774

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2842883/Geraldine-Largay-Report-Exerpt.txt
>>
ALL WE ARE IS DUST IN THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND
>>
>>783365
I CLOOOOOSE MY EYEEEEES
>>
>>782774
>3 god damned threads of this retarded old lesbo on the first page.

Learn to search, summer.
>>
So, let's get all of this out in the open. She was old, alone, hard of hearing, easily flustered and confused, she lost her GPS, couldn't use her compass, and may have been suffering withdraw from no having her anxiety medication.
She failed to light a signal fire or catch the attention of search parties, and when she lost her way she stayed put for nearly a month and starved to death. Despite being, by her own admission, only several miles off the trail.

I feel for her family, but this is some Chris Mccandless levels of fucking up
>>
Why didnt she have life alert
>>
>>782774

She was an avid hiker that could put anyone on /out/ to shame. The rock climbing community has lost a great one today. May the lord watch over her, she's bouldering in heaven now.

Remember to always pray before every hike. God bless you all.
>>
Press F to pay respects
>>
She may have been entirely useless as a person but thankfully it was an elderly person who would have died soon anyways, and nature definately benefitted from her rotting corpse and that is a better impact than most humans have.
>>
F
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.