[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival games like STALKER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: stalker-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg (304KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
stalker-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg
304KB, 1366x768px
Anyone knows a good survival game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
Pls no fallout , its shit
>>
>>782371
This is really stretching purpose of this board OP.

Try Rust if you haven't already.
>>
>>782371
Fuck off back to >>>/v/. We are real IRL players here and not some virtual retreat from reality basement dwelling faggots. Go watch some youtube bushcraft vids and get the fuck /out/.
>>
hahah, i am real forester just i broke my leg and only thing i can o rn is play some pc games :D
sry m8's
>>
>>782371
This is the polar opposite of anything /out/.

You're literally talking about video games...
>>
>>782380

Fuck off. Most of the people here are just what you are describing. Fag.

OP, some games: The Forest, Don't Starve, Terraria, Minecraft, How to Survive, This War of Mine, State of Decay
>>
>>782472
> don't starve
> terarria
> minecraft
These are hardly /out/.
Honestly video games aren't /out/ related even if they take place outside of a house. Being outdoors is about experiencing nature yourself, outside, where there is real difficulty and danger. You should be asking /v/.

This is like going on /mu/ and asking if rock band is better than guitar hero.
>>
The Long Dark.

Also, Fire Watch. Not exactly a survival, but it's the most /out/ game I can think of.
>>
>>782740
It's okay, you don't need to be in this thread in that case.
>>
>>782438
Can't be /out/ all the time, I personally support this thread since video games are my escapism for the days when I can't get /out/.
>>
Vanishing of Ethan Carter and stranded deep I've heard are good but never played. New tomb Raiders and uncharted are good graphics and out. I'd take a look at submerged, the whole game is just sailing about a sunken city.

One of my personal favourites is Alan Wake, it isn't really survival and not exactly out, but had spoopy forest things. If you like stalker look into metro. Have fun and hope your leg gets better.
>>
DayZ (standalone), arma 2 combined operations with dayz mods, The forest, Rust. (DayZ standalone is top tier /out/ game)
>>
>>782371

Stalker isn't survival

Zomboid is decent, albeit it's more urban (not that you can't go innawoods).
>>
>>783149
Seconded. You will get fucked up in pvp meetings, but I've found that if you make the game about avoiding people, it is much more interesting. Also, you can navigate by stars at night and compass by day.
>>
>>783149
This, but Dayz mod is a million times better than the heaping pile of dogshit that is standalone could ever hope to be.
>>
>>783149
DayZ is the bomb for woodsy-survival, especially with the hunting/foraging stuff they've added. But the kill-on-sight griefing that goes on gets old so fast.
>>
>>783790
Nigga that's not griefing, that's the point of the game.
>>
File: 84633874.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
84633874.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>783928
Nope. The point is to survive for as long as you can. PvP and KOS were never intended as integral parts of the core gameplay. People made it this way. I remember the beginning of the mod when you actually had a pretty good chance of teaming up with random people.
>>
File: thp-trex.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
thp-trex.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>>782371
>theHunter
Hunting simulator with the primary mechanic of following tracks/feces to hone in the animal's location. Played for two hours, managed to shoot one deer and wound another. There's all types of game like whitetails, red deer, hogs, turkey, rabbit, quail, bear, moose, ect. Really tests your patience but if that's your style it's good game

>theHunter: Primal
Same type of game, but faster paced and dinosaurs will kill you a lot
>>
>>782371
Isn't like S.T.A.L.K.E.R but The Long Dark is a good survival game.
>>
>>782371
I never could play valve games because they have that wonky aspect ratio that gives me motion sickness.

CS doesnt have it for some reason. Its the only valve game i can play.
>>
File: 1425153284961-3.jpg (134KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1425153284961-3.jpg
134KB, 681x1024px
suit up and go innawoods
>>
File: 542408.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
542408.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
The Long Dark for sure That game was top tier. l am from Canada and the game play war pretty much exactly like what we have here. Trying to keep warm, fed, and hydrated is pretty fun. 10/10 would recommend

Game was so comfy
>>
>>785935
Seconding The Long Dark. It's fantastic.
>>
escape from tarkov, it's exactly like stalker
>>
>>782371
fallout isnt a survival game.
>>
>>783756

day z standalone isnt even finished yet you idiotic fool
>>
>>788707
...and it never will be
>>
I'm surprise no one called it before but Metro2033 is a great game made by a few dev of stalker^^
>>
>>786485
Thirding TLD
>>
Long dark as always
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 604x455px
>>782740
>This is like going on /mu/ and asking if rock band is better than guitar hero
/mu/ would be all about that but then complain they don't have enough Death Grips songs in Rock Band.

Long ago, I went to /mu/ expecting musicians and I was very mistaken.
>>
I think The Forest is the best "survival" game amongst these crappy indie games like BugZ, Rust etc.

But there's nothing like STALKER... the closest game in atmosphere and theme that you will find is METRO 2033, but it has a linear style of gameplay.
>>
>>782819
Gonna second The Long Dark. Good game, just pure survival
>>
Metro
>>
>>782380
E D G Y
>>
File: The Long Dark.webm (3MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
The Long Dark.webm
3MB, 1500x844px
The Long Dark is the most /out/ game there is
It's actually very challenging
>>
jungle troll tribes for warcraft 3 - round based crafting/survival for 1-12 people in teams of 4

cataclysm dda - roguelike with large crafting system centered around scavenging things from your environment turning them into things you need, and can even turn off all the zombies and monsters to have it be strictly wildlife, as well as having the options to make seasons as long or as short as you like, so you could make a never ending winter or summer if wished.

vim & vigor + craftybits mod combo for oblivion did alright for its time (but in the end you'd still be playing fucking oblivion)

it's been a while since i tried the long dark, but i'll have to give it another shot to see how far its come, since last time it was just awful and badly unfinished
>>
>>782438
>he says, sitting in front of a screen
>>
>>782371
Stranded Deep
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.