[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to carry large sleeping bags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: aaaa.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
I know this question is out of season but I've got this nice cold weather sleeping bag which is huge when rolled up and in its bag. How can I backpack with the thing? The only way I can think of is tying it onto the outside with rope but this doesn't seem like it would be secure enough
>>
>>782060

Strap is to your pack with a bungee or two. It'll be fine. I've done this dozens of times with bulky cold weather gear. Weighs you down a bit more in the back but it works.
>>
>>782060
Back in the day (early 90s), any remotely serious hiking pack had an assortment of attachment points so you could strap a sleeping bag to the bottom with 2 webbing straps. Or alternately under the lid of a top loader, but a winter bag might be too big for that.
>>
>>782065
yeah the bag is honestly almost as big as my pack. So theres no way its fitting in either of those places
>>782064
Thanks man
>>
Get a compression sack, OP. Cinch that bitch as tight as it goes, and strap it on
>>
>>782121
>bungee
This ruin the bag. If you want to buy a new one every year it will save you precious space in the backpack. If you want it to last, forget about it.
>>
If it is a synthetic put it in a light weight dry sack, and attach it to the outside of the bag using wide cut webbing. If it is down, especially goose down, get a compression bag (preferably water resistant, if not throw it in that dry bag).
>>
File: 64.png (436KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
64.png
436KB, 640x480px
>>782060
Get a Canadian 64 Pattern Ruck

Canadian Army winter weight sleeping bags are fucking enormous when fully assembled (inner, outer, liner, and bivi sack), and the 64 Pattern handles that easily. There are civilian knock-offs, but the frame is the key part of the ruck. Maybe you can jury rig an ALICE frame or something, but the key is an external frame that you can strap a bulky valise to.

There's also the 82 Pattern that has the valise on the bottom, but they aren't anywhere near as comfortable as the 64 Pattern, as they have a wire frame instead of an aluminum tube frame, and they distribute weight poorly.
>>
Buy a better bag.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.