[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about carving a pipe, like this, but simpler. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

How do I go about carving a pipe, like this, but simpler. I have a Mora and I can get a drill for the stem. Do I use multiple bits of wood or a single piece?
>>
>>780597
I want to use it for tobacco, but if I'm /out/ with certain people I'll smoke weed from it, if that makes a difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2898x2446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2898x2446px
Here's my CC pipe, I used a small elderberry branch for the stem cuz it has a pith down the center that can be pushed out with a piece of wire. I mostly smoke rabbit tobacco in it... mostly
>>
>>780597
>>>/diy/

Also, keep a good stem and mouthpiece then carve the bowl.
>>
File: 1442464145787.jpg (388KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1442464145787.jpg
388KB, 1000x1333px
>>
>>780597
Corncob pipe is about as as simple as it gets.

All you need is a cob, a pen knife, and a piece of dried, small diameter switch cane.
>>
>>780867
this is fucking amazing
>>
>>780597
Don't have a picture that I can upload, but my pipe is only two pieces. I dried and carved out the bowl and used a piece of bamboo for the stem. Looks pretty good. If you go to the Art of Manliness, they actually have a how-to page on making your own corn cob pipe. Enjoy!
>>
>>780932
No corncobs just lying around where I go out but there's lots of good clay and bamboo, ive made quite a few oven fired clay bongs whilst camping
>>
>>780600
Just gonna say, though, if you smoke weed from it, it'll make the tobacco taste different afterwards. But if you don't care, you don't care.
>>
File: DSC01319.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01319.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
find something with a easy to remove pith for the stem

use you mora to rotate and carve the bowl

that´s what i did, they are fun to carve but if you are actually going to use it i would highly suggest just buying a cheap one at your local tobacconist instead.

also, i used pine pitch glue for joining the stem and the bowl together, its horrible. smells and tastes horrendous when the pipe gets hot enough, not even as hot as you would expect, i dont know if there is a good way around this besides friction fitting which can be difficult with dry wood

bottom line, if you wanna smoke pipe, go buy a pipe, if you wanna carve one go right ahead its a fun and surprisingly easy project
>>
File: DSCF4975-2.jpg (379KB, 2880x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4975-2.jpg
379KB, 2880x2304px
Some OC.

This is the simplest method of making a pipe - but be sure to use some nice tasting wood if you're burning the bowl straight off.
>>
Could probably Google this, but what's the best way to core wood when making the stem?

Without any prior knowledge, I'd assume just burning it, or using some kind of drill, but a drill seems impractical innawoods.
>>
>>783362
find a wood with soft pith, then heat some wire glowing red and shove it on in there until your through
>>
>>783366
Would it matter what wire? I could do this right now with a coat hanger
>>
>>783385
not as far as i know, metal i guess? not too bendable? just any damn wire will do
>>
>>783385
Doesn't matter which wire, as long as it's not coated with anything toxic.
A bare metal coat hanger wire will work fine, and the charring of the wood around the stem will actually help to break in your pipe and make it more neutral-tasting.
>>
>>783344
Wait, is it what I think it is?

As in, take wooden branch, carve a bowl, cut apart along the lenght, carve out a tunnel along the length on the inside, put together and tie?

If so, thats genius in its simplicity.
Never thought of that before.
>>
>>786081

Other way around,

carve outer shape, split in two, carve bowl indent and channel (on one side is fine), put back together and bind. I used paracord because it is what I had to hand but ideally I'd use cleaned roots that had been soaked in water to make supple, and then tightly wrapped around the entire length - they'll firm up as they dry and you'll get a tight seal along the entire length.
>>
File: pip.png (12KB, 622x461px) Image search: [Google]
pip.png
12KB, 622x461px
How I always do it. Looks nice, works nicely.
>>
>>780597
Single block of wood. You can use multiple pieces of wood if you like, but make sure that none of the glue enters into the draught hole, otherwise you'll be inhaling glue fumes. The important thing though is that you use a wood that doesn't release toxins when heated. There should be a fuckton of lists on safe woods on the internet; to keep it simple though, most fruit-bearing trees are safe smokers, and do not use pine trees or treated wod/lumber like youd find at home depot. If you can't afford/find any pieces of wood, buy a few corn cobs from the grocery store and use the girthiest cob for your pipe. again, should be a lot of guides on how to prepare dry it out properly.

>>780600
Like >>783303 said, smoking weed in it will make the tobacco taste weird afterwards. Plus, the resin and shit that weed leaves behind is thick as fuck compared to tobacco resin and juices. If you care about how the tobacco tastes, and want to make cleaning your pipe easier, just pick up a few mini-cobs either online or at your local head shop or something. Shouldn't cost more than a few bucks a pop, and are about the perfect size for a quick sesh.

If you're going to smoke innawods, look into getting a windcap. Its got a bunch of holes in the top to let air/smoke in and out while keeping most if not all ash and embers in the bowl.

t. faggot with too many tobacco pipes and a failed home-made pipe
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.