[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the coolest /out/ thing that youve done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Dane jackson drop..gif (2MB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
Dane jackson drop..gif
2MB, 400x215px
Humblebraggers and adventurers of /out/, what is the single most impressive outdoor related thing that you have done?

Ive kayaked over a 40 ft waterfall
>>
>>780519
Rode a 3-wheeler up a really steep hill and didn't die.

Riding a BMX bike down double black diamond trails in CO was a blast too, not sure if impressive at all but I was passing up hardcore MTB dudes a bunch.
>>
can't do the really wild stuff because of a brith defect, but
>river rafting with some friends
>performed a rescue procedure from a gondola 80m/262ft above ground
>downhill 460m on devil bike (difficulty level hard)
>had a helicopter piloting lesson if that counts
>>
>>780578
Flying a helicopter seems awesome

Or some expensive fighter jet. The ones that are horribly unstable at low speeds. A Cessna is one thing, but something that can knock you out from the G's has to be so much fun.
>>
>>780519
Jumped off a massive cliff into the ocean

I'm a new /out/sider
>>
File: 1413135621597.jpg (94KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1413135621597.jpg
94KB, 680x453px
>>780519

Honestly, the kayaking over cliffs, for some reason is something I really don't want to try, but it looks awesome.

>snowboarding off 40-50ft+ cliffs and cornices
>snowboarding 40 degree or steeper back country
>cliff jumping (max is 100ft)
>caving
>cave diving
>longboard skateboarding as fast as the road will allow me to achieve
>big wave surfing
>big wave body surfing
>free diving
>spear fishing in tiger shark prone waters
>bivouacking in sub zero conditions
>bivouacking in high temp conditions
>hiking Mt. Raineer several times
>hiking Mt. Hood several times
>hiking Mt. Baker several times
>hiking the Superstition Mtn in the middle of July
>road trip/camping across the US 8 times
>single track mtn biking as fast as the trail can take
>double century in one day
>free climbing
>endurance running
>surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding in one day
>>
>>780656
Free climbing or free solo?
>>
Canoe'd from kentucky to the gulf drunk and stoned the whole way sometimes trippin
>>
>>780519
Skyline Trail, 44km in one day, two mountain passes. Group

Pyramid Mountain (9000ft), approx 30 km round trip as an overnight starting at about 9 pm. Solo

Athabasca Pass, 104km return in 3 days. Off-season, solo.

Annapurna Circuit (5400m), ~230km in 15 days. Altitude requires acclimatization.

Not super crazy but great trips.
>>
Ice climbed a waterfall

That was pretty cool
>>
First time cliff jumping into water. I decided to go head first and ended up doing a front flip.

The jump was about 45 feet and the water was about 10+ feet deep.

Landed feet first. Turned out better than I expected.
>>
File: 2010.jpg (173KB, 766x687px) Image search: [Google]
2010.jpg
173KB, 766x687px
Across the alps from germany to italy, 550km, 23000m height difference combined, 29 days. Lost 14 kilos weight, mostly fat, i bulked up before. Did it with only 5 resupply points and summited 8 peaks, always slept on trail.

Never again!
>>
File: From Clipboard.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
From Clipboard.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
Tough to pick "just one".

Philmont ranks pretty high up there.

First time I made the buzzer in the rodeo arena. (college days, bullriding)

Couple memorable rides on the bike, through Yellowstone and having a griz walk close enough to my moto that I could have kicked her and her cubs was one I won't soon forget.

Racing X-Games qualifiers was pretty awesome too.
>Pic related
>dat adrenaline rush when the flag drops
>>
Climbing Devils Tower then rappelling down in a thunderstorm was pretty cool. It was also my first rock climbing experience.
>>
>>780656
>surfing, skating, and snowboarding in one day

was this in San Diego?
>>
>>780984
Washington State
>>
>>780519
Uncle was a Ranger at Yosemite, when I was a kid
Halloween 1991, my 10th birthday weekend
Got to hike from the valley to Half Dome, cables are down, we go up anyway
Camped 3 nights on the top of Half Dome and drank my first beer, a Red Stripe
Got to piss off the side of the Dome and the uncle held my hands as I leaned off the side and took a shit
Best time ever
Wanted to rappel, down the face, but he said no, would call attention to us and no one is supposed to camp at the top
Guy was a little off, but to a kid he was the best uncle ever
>>
This is a brag but at the end of the day I've done much prettier and more enjoyable things. But I finished the Sierra Club One Day 100k in the rain. Lost four toenails, could pull thick sheets of soggy, rotten skin off my foot at the end of the day, I still have circulation problems in my toes.
>>
White water rafting in Costa Rica, passing crazy waterfalls, starts raining. Rain is the same temperature as the air is the same temperature as the water. Was like a pleasant bath all around. Had good food afterwards too.

Costa Rica is supes nice.
>>
>>780578
whats your birth defect
out related
>>
Just meager things, but I am very fortunate..

Hikes on the AT
Spelunking in TN
MTN Biking Utah
Skiing the Wasatch Range
Paddling the Natahala
Off road motor cycling in north GA
Wreck diving in Hawaii
Cave Diving in the springs of Forida
Hunting in the upper peninsula of Michigan
Camping all over

I know that seems like a list more than anything, but really they were all super cool to me.....
>>
>>781122
Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Did post a story in another /out/ thread
>>
>>781122
His mom is dead
>>
File: muhhalibut.png (3MB, 729x2241px) Image search: [Google]
muhhalibut.png
3MB, 729x2241px
>>780519
spent about 45 minutes reeling in this guy in 7 foot waves and freezing rain. He turned sideways in the water so I was pulling a 100lbs. kite through the water. Couldn't feel my arms for hours afterwards
>>
>>782517

That in Homer?
>>
>>782811
Valdez
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.