[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which park is most isolated and best to go wild camping in England?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Which park is most isolated and best to go wild camping in England?
>>
>>779247
>Which park is most isolated and best to go wild camping in England?

most isolated just has to be one of the scotish ones... proably cairngorms. not that i've ever been there. but fuck, all the rest have pretty large amounts of people nearby and are bound to have more humans wandering about them for that reason alone.

however, i've had some pretty dam good times wild camping in snowdonia and the lakes. you just gotta go find a place with no people there and camp, simple as pie. avoid major pathways, and not be a loud obnoxious dick.
>>
>>779247
>you just gotta go find a place with no people there and camp

pls. I "wild camp" within 30ft of trails and sometimes behind pubs in popular areas and have never been rumbled. Stop being a faggot and learn how to use a bivvy + camo basha/tarp.

That said, I like the Lake District. If you get tired of the woods or hungry there is always some faggot toffs 6th vacation home to invite yourself into.
>>
>>779247
Dartmoor, because its legal in most areas
>>
>>779640
>breaking into a Kasim's home to invite yourself to their curry
Surely asking for help is a better way.
>>
Sutherland ( and Ross and Cromarty )

Sc/out/ttish anon here.
>>
File: newreg2.jpg (118KB, 700x1026px) Image search: [Google]
newreg2.jpg
118KB, 700x1026px
>>779837
forgot the picture.

Don't expect to go to the Cairngorms and not see people.

Skye is blown out do NOT go there 'in season'.

My next trip will be to Crainlarich area to do Ben Lui and camp up there, the midgies are fierce just now.
>>
I'm hiking from South Downs to Snowdonia over the summer, about a 9 day hike, 212 miles, should be good
>>
>>779652
Nah. Pooing outside of loo's is strictly enforced there and its too expensive for Abu al-Manchestani . Its more likely to be Smythe Alan Jones Higgsbottom IV who bought it with his trust fund.
>>
Camping in the South Downs is a right pain because of the high number of middle class dog walkers who get arsey if you dare to have fun.

The New Forest is much easier as you can just go off a path and set up a tent in the undergrowth. Plus, locals don't really care as long as you aren't burning the forest down.
>>
Eurocucks btfo shit tier /out/
All that freedom of movement and your dumb asses still stay where theres no forest. Look at that fuckin map. Makes me wanna kill myself.
>>
>>780375
>be American
>get shot
>get bitten
>get mauled
>get poisoned
>get ded
>>
>>780378
>i actually believe the memes
No matter your nationality, youre world level stupid.
>>
>>779247
stay the fuck out of snowdonia
>>
>>780375

Forests over here are pretty fucking small and is one thing I wish we had more of.

As for Opies question, Scotland is by far the most remote but then Dartmoor is pretty awesome. I've done 2 & 3 day hikes on numerous occasions and not seen a soul since leaving the car.

Stay away from the main mountains as they are fucking tourist traps.
>>
>>782589
your gay my man
>>
>>779837
Scot here too, Scotland is definitely the way to go for wild camping.

>move down to England for university
>go camping in south with gf
>she tells me we need to find a good campsite
>"why would you use a campsite, that literally defeats the point of camping. Just find a good spot and pitch up"
>she tells me that's illegal in England
>mfw
>>
>>783247
It's only illegal if you get get caught. In the lake District there's no one up the mountains to complain that you set a camp up.
>>
Ive never been outside of america and I would be 20 bucks before doing any research at all that the most /out/ part of the u.k. is the furthest most blotch
>>
>>783253
I get that if you pitch late and leave early you'll usually be fine, but it still pisses me off that it's illegal in the first place. English people have this really weird middle-class 'camping culture' where they take their 4x4s and colossal tents with ovens and fridges and spend a weekend in a shitty field with hundreds of other people.
>>
Where are some good places for camping/hiking around the Cairngorms? Or places to avoid?
>>
>>783281
walkhighlands.co.uk

Scottish /out/ist and novice munro bagger (3 so far) this is where I do my research along with aerial views from googlemaps.

Saying where to go in the Cairngorms is like saying recommend me something good in London.

Pretty open question man. Open a map, read some reports, figure shit out.
>>
>>783261
We did that when I was a kid.

It's super weird to me, looking back.

I can't imagine what my parents were thinking (other than the fact that they like 4 wheel driving and off roading generally and don't appear to have loved camping back then).

Dad and I hike now though, so we camp light, it's much nicer.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.