[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scout Camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 23

File: image.jpg (202KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 720x720px
Who /camp staff/ here? Share stories, experience, advice, etc
>>
>>778987
I always wanted to go to camp as a kid. Mainly cause one of my favorite movies as a kid was heavyweights and it made camp look fun as fuck. I wasn't and still not fat though. Anyway, my parents never sent me cause we had a boat and went skiing in the winter and did all sorts of shit. That was how they justified not sending me cause all the shit we did as a "family". I feel they did me a disservice in life for not sending me. You learn a lot at camp and meet all sorts of people. It's a whole different kind of experience. Unless it's like a cult camp, that would suck. You just get brain washed and end up killing yourself or someone else. Sorry, I digress again. I guess my point is camp would have been fun as fuck.
>>
I went to Melita Island and some kid in the same tent as me pissed himself one night. Overall it was a fun time but the pussy range instructors made us use pellet guns for the rifle shooting merit badges. I never got that far into Scouts, quit shortly after the island and decided to just learn all the stuff on my own.
>>
Camp Councilors are basically pedophiles. I was forced to give blowjobs every summer. It was wrong but it made me the man I am, a Camp Councilor.
>>
if you wanna talk about /scout camp/, I'm a staff member at Philmont. Any questions? Any more /Philstaff/ here?
>>
>>780127
OP here. I went to philmont back in 2012. Now I work at a camp for Webelos.

Which site do you work at? Or are you a ranger?
>>
File: scale.jpg (19KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
19KB, 510x383px
>>780134
>Webelos
>>
Work a camp in the southeast. It's my 7th year working. I've moved up from a scared shitless 15 year old to a 21 year old Program Director. Made some great friends, had some fun times.
>>
I'm working at a Boy Scouts resident camp in Oregon this summer
>>
>>780139
>Program director
Why would you do that to yourself, anon?

>>780148
Program or management? I work shooting sports.
>>
>>778987
I've got 5 years doing High Ropes and Climbing at a residence camp. Getting ready for summer 6 at a new camp. I have some decent stories but I absolutely suck at story telling and half of them are the sort of story where you'd have to already know the people in them.
>>
>>778987
Where are my Camp Fleischman alumni?
>>
>>780134
I'm actually on dining hall staff this year (application got screwed up and I got picked up late, but the days off are amazing, and I MAY be able to get on a P.C. wait list for the no-shows and those moving up to CD after some of the formers got "big kid jobs"). But the days off are nice, and I'll be getting a lot of time in the backcountry so I'm stoked for that.

Haha, no, I'm not a ranger. That wasn't even part of my top 3 choices (but that's what happens when your app gets processes a week before staff show up).

Oh well, it's just great to be out here. >>780139
Are you at Boxwell by chance?
>>
Work at a camp in PA as a scoutcraft instructor. Also going to northern tier for the OA. pretty excited
>>
I'm signed up to be a counselor at a coop camp in under a month (Hippies from what I can gather.) pointers?
>>
File: 1464586290526.jpg (10KB, 360x323px) Image search: [Google]
1464586290526.jpg
10KB, 360x323px
>>779453
>>
>>781524
Dont cry little anon, we can heal someday ;_;
>>
Worked at a fairly large summer camp for 7 years. Lots of experiences; you're welcome to ask about it.
>nearly died dozens of times
>worked CIT, scoutcraft, beach, and admin; two time area director
>dealt with bears all the time
>never got lymes despite removing hundreds of ticks
>dealt with some of the shittiest egotistical troops and leaders
>heard all the rumors, who was fucking each other, who went off to get high and drunk
>multiple times having to clean up human shit

Amazing times, really helped me develop as a leader.
>>
>>781902
were you ever in involved with a molestation ?
any kids get touched where they didnt want to be touched?
>>
File: 1460255384367.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1460255384367.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>781907
no

We've had occasional issues where we discovered a child who was abused at home. No incidents of diddling at camp
>>
File: 1413708835945.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413708835945.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>781909
>we discovered a child who was abused at home
what do you mean by this? and what do you do? call the cops or child protection services or something?
>>
>>781914
every staff member is trained to identify signs of abuse ie bruises, overly afraid of verbal attacks, etc

Usually the head director takes charge, talks with the kid, and calls CPS+cops. We don't find out what happens after, just that CPS looks into the case.
>>
File: 256.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
23KB, 489x423px
>>781915
>every staff member is trained to identify signs of abuse ie bruises, overly afraid of verbal attacks, etc
not at any of the camps i went to
>>
File: 5ZZEdte.png (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5ZZEdte.png
31KB, 400x400px
>>781916
It's okay anon. They end up having the time of their lives at camp and we help them out of their situations.
>>
File: 1ukjLdNz.png (114KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1ukjLdNz.png
114KB, 512x512px
>>781918
>we help them out of their situations.
by situations do you mean underpants?
>>
File: 16.png (9KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
9KB, 493x402px
>>781918
that's good. thanks anon
>>
File: 20160601_203823.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_203823.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>780127
Really? Where do you work at Philmont, Backcountry or Base camp? If Backcountry, which camp? I was on a trek there two years ago, a summer before the flood. Did mostly north country and valley vidal. If I can, im trying to get a job there next summer because I absolutely loved it, but /unifag/ so don't have much time. Also considering doing Rayado with my venture crew now that I got my eagle.
>>
>worked at a summer camp with my buddy the summer after I was medically discharged from the army at age 19
>worked with underprivileged kids (read: savage animals)
>banged a hot fellow counselor qt
>raised hell with fellow counselors on weekends and nights off
>was well liked by all the kids and most of the staff
>had some of the most nostalgic times I'll ever remember at that place

Fuck me I loved working there. Wish I could go back, but I'm too old unless I was hired on as lead staff and there's no way that's happening.
>>
>>782877
was this in the 80s or early 90s? sounds like 80s or early 90s
>>
>>782880
nah, 2013. 20-21 is pushing it as a counselor, and 23 is basically ancient and is when people start working as lead staff.

You can still get away with a lot of crazy shit working at a summer camp anon, just gotta make sure none of the heads of the camp have a stick up their ass. It helped that there was rampant favoritism going on and since I was a friend of a counselor who had been going to the camp since he was in 4th grade, I was lumped in with the "cool kids" amongst the camp director
>>
I did scouts in the UK, it's fucking terrible.
I think we went camping twice in three years. No knives allowed, fire under strict supervision.

Most of the time we just learned how to dress in uniform and then just played dodgeball.

I only stuck with it cause the other kids there were hilarious, but we really should've ditched it and started our own ragtag kid gang

Regretssss
>>
>work at a summer camp teaching wilderness survival
>best job there is
>watch kids huddle under sticks in the cold for one night
>laugh as I lay in my hammock
>summer camp gave me the best memories
>>
>>781632
Is this a screen shot from Vagina Dentada?
>>
This summer will be my first year working at one, any tips?
>>
>>782976
>Don't get caught with your dick in it.
>>
>>782888
20-23 isn't "too old". It is on the older side, but its not required that you be on management. They'd likely make you an area director though since most camps are short on 21+ staff.
>>
>>782981
I suppose it varies from camp to camp. It was mostly an unspoken rule.
>>
>>782976
Don't be stupid.

>>782979
Also this ^ Although this ties into my advice. you're only caught if you're stupid.

I remember one year at camp when 2 different couples got caught fucking in the showers and were fired. A third couple also got fired for fucking, but they weren't caught in the showers.
>>
>>782987
Just keep the fucking to nights out or weekends off
>>
File: oa.jpg (39KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
oa.jpg
39KB, 500x485px
>>779029
Cults don't exist at camps
>>
>>780127
I'm with a Louisiana troop we are supposed to arrive on the fourth of july
>>
>>778987
I am the program director for archery at the camp i work at. Can't wait to start camp our staff week starts this saturday
>>
>>782904
You must have gone to a shit-tier group, I loved my scouts so much that I'm still helping out regularly years later.

>on camp 2 or 3 years ago as an adult helper
>I stayed behind and did quartermaster stuff while the kids were out having fun
>one day, a kid came into the equipment tent on the verge of tears
>"Anon! Quick, StupidShit has cut himself"
>I run out to their tent with a first aid kit
>there's a crowd around the patrol box and blood everywhere
>turns out they'd been having a knife throwing competition and StupidShit had cut his hand open
>I patch him up, tell the kids to clean up the mess and go to log it in the accident book
>the kids start begging me not to as the leader would be pissed
>decide not to be a dick and let it slide
>the next day the same patrol broke both the ridge and centre pole on their tent, apparently after hosting a pole dancing event, at an all male camp
>>
File: aubergine_1153204_3554588000.jpg (55KB, 438x490px) Image search: [Google]
aubergine_1153204_3554588000.jpg
55KB, 438x490px
>be me
>be scout leader
>kids running around playing a complicated roleplay innawoods
>suddenly crying
>look around
>see kid (9 years old) collapsed on the ground in pain
>ask what happend
>turns out kid ran against a treestump, with its private parts
>its unable to walk
>tell other troop leader the situation, she takes my part supervising the gameplay.
>carry kid back to camp.
>3km walk.
>its crying the whole time
>get our camp medic (he used to be an army medic)
>tells kid to man up and stop being a whiny bitch.
>we take of the kids pants
>holyshit.png
>his balls looked like pic related in size, color and shape.
>diagnosis: gettothehospital.ppt
>grab stuff, put kid in car, drive to hospital.
>waiting for doctor, kid still crying
>cute 8/10 female doc shows up.
>lets have a look at thaaa....."OH MY GOD"
>kid gets painkillers
>carry the kid around from examination to waiting room to examination for 2 hours
>painkillers hit hard and kid is drooling on my shirt
>diagnosis: severe testicle contusion
>call parents to pick up their kid
>(we hat broken bones and all kinds of medical emergencies before, but this was first and only time we sent a kid home due to injury.
>>
>>782877
I've got some good stories about this camp if anyone wants to hear em. It wasn't a scout camp or a boy scout troop or anything though
>>
>>783208
poor little bugga :[

your hard work and care is commendable anon
>>
>Mom always forced me to go to "church camp" every summer to get me out of the house
>Hated every minute of it
>Fuck chapel
>Fuck the counselors
>Fuck the """"activities"""" that I had no say in
>Fuck the Southern humidity
>Fuck the sun
>Fuck the outdoors in general
>Spend the rest of my teenage years as a pale skinny NEET who locked himself in his room and played video games all day

And now ten years later I'm hiking up a mountain every other weekend.
>>
>>783570
One of my friends used to drag another friend with him to bible camp. The camp was organized by a Baptist church and the dragged-along friend was a Catholic, but it was basically just camp so him and his parents were perfectly fine with it.

Ironically the Catholic tag-along got groomed and lightly molested by one of the Baptist chaperones kek
>>
>>783208
He must of hit hard, I skied into one of the poles that the queue rope is tied to for ski lifts with my junk going pretty damn fast and, they were tender, but didn't even get bruised.
>>
>>783549
Do share
>>
>be staff week
>scoutcraft for 2nd year
>decide that the get to know you game is too boring
>toss hatchets at each other and say name instead
>my turn
>"hatchet to anon!"
> flip the hatchet and my director tries to catch
>misses and cuts his wrist
>not too deep but still bleeding

Teens do stupid shit when there are no parents around
>>
>>783208
Good job anon caring the kid around like that

Did he lose his nuts?
>>
>>783549
>>
>>783713
>>783794
It's a camp specifically for underprivileged kids who only get to go if they're recommended my a school teacher/counselor, or a therapist. So basically, you have a bunch of little terrors with aplhabet soup disorders, bad home lives, etc etc. Some are just straight up assholes for no reason.
I have a few good stories from my cabin, cabin 3. Otherwise known as "The cabin from hell"

It rained every single day of the first session so most of the campground flooded. To make things worse, we all got norovirus during the second week of camp. It was absolutely brutal. Every single one of the kids in my cabin was devilish in his own little way as well. I'm going to use fake names to preserve anonimity

Brady-
>big as a buick. Had a lisp and loved to throw temper tantrums that would last for hours for no discernable reason. Always wanted piggyback rides, despite outweighing many of the counselors

Josh-
>Thin long haired red head kid. Basically steve-o if he had woken up as an 11 year old. Constantly woke up to him swinging from the support logs of the cabin like a fucking ape

Cody-
>The whiny shit-stirrer. Complained about literally everything, was always trying to undermine the situation so people would pay attention to him. Good attention, bad attention, he didn't care. The focus always had to be about him and he would lose his shit if it wasn't.

Timmy-
>Just a little fucking asshole. Did whatever he thought was cool, and most kids suffered for it. Very punchable face. Would beat the shit out of his younger brother if they came into contact so they were always separated.

Alex-
>Neurotic ADD wild child. Probably born to drug addicted parents. Always going a million miles an hour and would constantly change his focus from one minute to the next. Could probably pull some radical larry shit and vibrate through walls

Ben-
>Just autistic. Was the easiest to deal with relatively, but had to constantly be mindful of where he was and what he was doing.
>>
>>783812
Sounds like a relief camp for the parents
>>
>>783854
surprisingly it was a relief camp for the kids. I'll post more after I eat dinner.
>>
>>779029
Wahh my parents love me, had money, spent it on cool shit and forced me to go water-skiing...
>spoiled faggot
I got sent to summer camp filled with straight up inner city niggers that literally shit on the floors, in the showers and sinks everyday.
>>
>>783208
This reminds me of a story I heard from a coworker who used to work at Philmont:

>Be director of a wilderness camp, a day's hike from the nearest road
>Some kid comes up complaining
> "My balls are black."
> "Did you wash them."
>Kid said yes.
>Gather up another staff and kid's leader leaders to look at the kids balls
>kid's balls are solid black.
>Radio the base camp.
>"We have a kid with black balls."
>Base camp radios back.
>"Did he wash them?".
>"Yes."
>They then gave them instructions to have the kid hike out to the nearest road for pick up

My coworker actually heard the radio exchange and got the full story later. After the kid got picked up my the medics they took him to the hospital were doctors determined that he had necrosis of the balls brought on by testicular cancer.

>>783869
Having worked at a summer camp that had inner city kids and rich spoiled brats as campers, In my experience the rich kids are the ones that shit everywhere.The rich kids are also the ones that steal everything at camp. Fucking spoiled brats think they can do whatever the fuck they want. The inner city kids on the other hand are usually well behaved.
>>
>>781902
>nearly died dozens of times
>at summer camp

Keep being 12
>>
>>781923

Haaaaa

Oi tone cunt wat u doin
>>
File: Bahcolopper.jpg (13KB, 457x308px) Image search: [Google]
Bahcolopper.jpg
13KB, 457x308px
Not a counselor story, but a camper story.

I went to a salvation army camp for poor (read: inner city) kids when I was about 13, a few nutjob kids but mostly ok and we had a good time. Being a rural kid out was my first experience being around black and latino kids, that was a bit of culture shock there.

One of the things they had my cabin group do was some trail maintenance. We were riding in the back of a trailer full of brush with all our saws and loppers, and a low hanging branch was about to smack us all in the face. Being a caring and responsible child, I reached out to grab it and snap it off. My new friend was standing next to me, and had a similar reaction. Except he was holding a lopper. He attempted to cut the branch, and ended up clamping his looped down right on the fleshy base of my thumb. Bam, 2 inch cut right to the bone. If he had caught me a little bit further up my thumb he probably would have cut it off. I screamed, he screamed, blood everywhere. To the kid's credit he immediately sacrificed his shirt to make a bandage for me, and I headed over to the medical cabin where everyone was at lunch so I sat there dripping blood and didn't get cleaned and properly bandaged for about an hour. I didn't get stiches or sent home, healed up alright but I still have a big scar.

Later that week I made out with a girl for the first time, my mangled hand may scored some sympathy points. Altogether 10/10 camp week.
>>
>>783893>>783893
I went to Camp Gilmore. It was a Salvation Army camp. It was filled to the brim with nogs. There was a handful of white kids and we fought packs of them. They were throwing rocks at us within 3 hours of getting there. Matter of fact one the big counselors pissed and shit into a bathroom size trash can and was trying to dump it on my boy. It was just proof that niggers don't A) take care of anything B) Act like pack animals when in groups
>>
File: image.jpg (505KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505KB, 1080x1920px
Who /Philstaff/ here?
>>
>>784348
>>784348
I heard that a black kid went to philmont once in the 80s.
Is that true?
>>
File: photo.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Anyone here from Washington?
>>
This year is my first as staff, is there anything I should bring thag I wouldn't think to?
>>
>>785864
Condoms and lube.
>>
>>785870
Other than that?
>>
>mfw I worked waterfront as a kid
Easiest job ever, spent half the day sitting around a campfire whittling trinkets, only had to do lifeguard shit during open swim in the afternoon.

Made more money selling my trinkets when I got home than I did working at camp.
>>
>>785864
What are you working there?
>>
>>785883
Scoutcraft
>>
>>785894
As a fellow scoutcrafter, bring a shit ton of strike anywhere matches and a couple lighters. The matches are fun to light but the lighter is good for fires/ fusing rope
>>
>>785923
>not bringing a ginuwine flint and steel and impressing the shit out of some tenderfoots

When I was a kid, there was a guy at the Rendezvous(a pseudo logging camp) who could start a fire with nothing but a sturdy stick, a sharp rock, and his bootlaces. He was also the Wilderness Survival merit badge teacher, and he sparked my interest in bushcrafting.

I took every merit badge they offered at rendezvous, and even got to work there as a CIT. Was the best time I ever had.
>>
>>785926
>fuses rope with flint and steel
Good luck
>>
>>785923
Thanks
>>
>>786137
>ignoring 90% of my post
>>
>>786322
also
>using synthetic rope
Fuckin' causal
>>
>>785001
I wasn't alive in the 80s yet, so I can neither confirm nor deny that.
>>
>>786329
so we will never know it it was just an urban legend
>>
File: image.jpg (438KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
438KB, 1080x1920px
>>786336
I guess you're right, anon.
>>
File: philmont archive room.jpg (83KB, 775x581px) Image search: [Google]
philmont archive room.jpg
83KB, 775x581px
>>786344
Maybe you could break into the sacred camp archives?
>>
>>786344
>>786336
>>786354
My wifes son would be very encouraged if this could be corroborated
>>
>>786324
I agree that flint and steel is a great way to teach, but usually the camp provides them(at least mine did). As for the lighter, most people pocket them so having your own isn't a terrible idea
>>
>>786568
You mean a ferro rod, I'm talking about a real piece of steel and chunk of flint.
>>
>>786324
Synthetic rope is superior to rope made using natural fibers.
>>
>>783119
>OA

Man, that was the crappiest three days of my life. Screw those guys and their secret club.
>>
>>786719

>neverbeenout
>>
>>786908
>too stupid to understand how to use old techniques
If you'd actually paid attention to the original post, he never mentioned a thing about it being better than any other behind, just that it'd be cool to show off to webalos.
>>
>>787165

>being better than any other behind
The fuck?

>too stupid
keep on summerin, son
>>
>>787790
>method
swype fucked up my word.

also
>still comically missing the point
>>
>>778987
Hoping you guys could assist, 19, almost 20 college student. Thought about doing the /campstaff/ stuff next summer at the local parks and rec.

I remember the few camps I went to were okay, but is it a lot more fun when you get to teach them about /out/ stuff instead of learning? I don't wanna go and just feel like I'm babysitting, I wanna be teaching them fun shit.
>>
>>788025
All the hotties are at Philmont
>>
>be me working at camp for up scale kids, I specialize in climbing and abseiling
>slip out of hut at night to smoke, 420 blazitfaggot
>hear noise coming from area I normally use to smoke
>see two emo kids there having buttsecs
>wait till they are deep into it and then step out of bushes with my flashlight on them
>they were my bitches after that, I threatened to call their parents and tell them what I'd seen
>I'm not proud but blackmailing two homo emos into being my bitches for the remainder of the camp was fucking sweet
>blowjobs and butsecs every night LoL
>>
>>788066
Ha ! You really showed those faggots!
>>
>>788066
Same camp following year

>I hate bullies, and I make it a mission to fuck them up
>see this jock asshole picking on a wimpy (poor) kid repeatedly but no chance do anything about it
>we had some nasty old outhouses for toilets, with the moon cut out in the door and everything, hokey as fuck
>one night see bully going to thunderdome for shit, possible jack off
>seize my moment and grab cherry bomb I had been saving
>creep up to door and bar it with my weight and strength, then lit bomb and pushed it through moon cut out in door
>rich bully kid is freaking out and screaming for help, bomb goes off and I run and hide in the bushes
>he falls out of toilet in a huge cloud of smoke, all the kids come out of huts to see what's going on
>I step out of bushes and ask bully what he's been doing in the toilet, tell him smoking is bad for you
>I'm not sure he heard me though... he may have been a little deaf!
>>
>>778987
last year was my first time as a camp staff. my favorite stories to tell were the time I flipped the unflippable canoe.
>headed across a big lake in a canoe that holds 15 people, we call this clifford, I don't know why
>This is my 3rd week into summer and I have 13 booger munchers in clifford plus gear, and a CIT
>every two weeks we are supposed to make this trip but the first session it was raining and we only made it to the closer site, the further site is about 8 km away from camp and I have never been there
> My co-councilor "knows the way", and gets us lost in a bay right beside it, and I have to turn around.
> the wind at this point is a rough 60km per hour, and the kids are tired after having to weave all over due to shit navigation, and a poor sternsman (me).
>I try to turn quick but we have no speed and i have to avoid crashing into the other canoe, we have taken on a bit of water at this point from them big ass waves and this one fucking kid keeps yelling about how he is going to die.
>wave hits while we turn and hit us right on our side
>kid flips the fuck out , but i recover it
>not 2 seconds after and 2 boys jump out flipping us all
>one girl gets caught under the boat and inhales water, i walk it in and flip it back over as we all walk over zebra muscles.
>we get back to camp and I am known as the worst sternsman ever......
fucking preteens
>>
File: 1449610700387.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449610700387.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>788271
Second time I flipped:
>I have no co-councilor this time, just me and a lifeguard that i live with down at the beach house.
>the biggest air head
>like every trip day the weather is shit, pouring rain and we leave camp to reach the first site, they tell me if i hear thunder, beach it and wait it out
>not happening, its should only be an hour, but with 15 people and all the gear in one boat, we are a little heavy
> the wind is at our backs and i take us right for the island beside the site, open water the whole time. but i need to get some speed and outrun the storm
> we didn't know it then, but there was thunder and lighting right behind us inland
>I see this convergence of waves up ahead all smacking into each other so there is no way to cut in perpendicular, I yell to the kids brace yourself, and we make it through taking surprisingly little water.
> its so foggy at this point we make it past the island but there is no campsite to be seen.....
> eventually the storm passes and one kid hops out to pee in the lake, the lifeguard looks it up on her phone and we overshot it and are on the other side of the peninsula then we should be.
> get in and everyone is safe
> next day kids want life guard to stern, even though i just George Clooneyed that shit and made it through a fucking storm
>she makes it 15 minutes and sinks us on baby waves
> flipp it to save the gear and have to get a yatch and speed boat to save us
>i take 3 boys with me and the speed boat the bring the canoe to shore
>one 750lbs canoe, 400lbs of gear, three preteens, one me.
>We flipped it and got the gear out, the boys got into a sleeping bag and tarp because they were hypothermic, I stood in cold water for 3 hours waiting for my co-ordinator to get there and lift the boat.
>my muscles hurt for a week and we never let the lifeguard in a canoe again.
at least I got to spoon her in the tent for warmth.
>>
>>783812
Great set up. Now story time.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 237x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 237x327px
Male girl scout leader here.

Got a shit ton of stories

>summer camp
>lots of younger kids with their non scout parents
>one mom with a shitty brat always had this pink morning robe on
>natty hair, sunglasses, coffe cup in hand
>leering at us young men
>sauna time
>me and pal has to babysit ten 8yo boys through proper sauna
>like the filthy socialists we are we must sauna in the nude for proper hygiene
>after sauna we run into ocean to rinse
>the camp had a very secluded sauna with good security because you can imagine guys trying to spy on the females
>well
>me and pal go in sauna with school of brats
>proper nudity, song and sweating commences
>time to run out for the first dip
>kids storm out cheering
>my pal is in front of me and he exits the sauna but makes a 180 and screams
>"Abort abort"
>I'm confused and he tells me to quickly don my swim trunks
>we also apparently give no fucks about 10 boys maybe drowning themselves at that moment
>when we exit I see why
>pedo mom is standing right outside with a coffecup and a shit earing grin
>apparently she just had to take her son for a swim at that time and place what a coincidence
>15m walk from camp, nothing else is close
>she chuckles disapointedly at our trunks
>other leaders laugh at us when we tell the story
>I'm kinda pissed
>still
>everyone started calling her pedomom after that so
>not to her face
>>
I'm thinking about becoming a summer camp counselor person in america next year (I'm an ausbro) though this company CCUSA anyone heard of it? or know a better way to go about it?
>greentext for attention
>>
>>788885
The camp I used to work at had its own exchange program setup where every year we'd get a staff member from a different country. Was done entirely within scouting but I have no idea how it worked.
>>
File: bunac_logo.jpg (34KB, 500x182px) Image search: [Google]
bunac_logo.jpg
34KB, 500x182px
>>788885
Broski check-out BUNAC and IEP. I went through them to work/travel to Aus but they offer programs for many nationalities to go to many countries - IEP is an Aus/NZ company that's partnered with BUNAC, so they're kinda the same but kinda different/ BUNAC runs a special summer camp visa program in the USA which sounds eggsactly what you're looking for!

Also apparently BUNAC is now owned by STA Travel so you might be able to get info and contacts by popping into one of their shops
>>
>>788918
>>788923
yes killer thank you! I'm 23 and will be 24 by the time i get placed if i do is that pushing it or what?
out of curiosity where are you from and where did you work in aus?
>>
>>788953
nah most unsposored working holiday/exchange/temporary visas are good till you're 30yo. Except NZ where it's 35! Not sure about the USA because I've obviously never needed a visa for here but I think it's about the same as everywhere else. You won't have any problems at all.

I'm from the Northeast USA and I lived/worked in Sydney for several years actually... probably going back at the end of the year too.
>>
>>788985
did you have any dramas with the company you went though? I'm slightly concerned that its a scam, like paying just to apply? as long as i get over to the us to do some /out/ shit I'm not too worried about shitty lodging or pay and whatever, just wasting money in the first place
>>
>>788997
No man was totally legit. They had an office in Sydey where all the BUNACers could meet and use free internet and get help/advice from staff and they were great. They'd help you write resumes, book trips, speak with HR departments/employers to explain the visa you're on and try to get you the job, etc. My eperience with them was awesome.
>>
>>788953
That's a normal age for most of the exchange scouts I worked with. Most of them were in the 20-25 range.
>>
>>788953
If you are in it just for the underage sex , I would say 23 is pushing tbhwyf
>>
>>778987
Aquatics Director at a prominent camp in the Northeast Region here. I started at 15 as a lifeguard, now I'm NCS certed and running the whole program six years later. Among camp staffs, there's the inevitable cliques that form like the stoners, superscouts, geeks that think camp work is their safespace away from chad, etc. These archetypes, within a margin of error, are attracted to certain program areas (stoners to Aquatics and COPE, superscouts to Scoutcraft, r9k geeks to the irrelevant areas like STEM and handicraft). Your area of work doesn't pigeonhole you into these classes, but it's hard to break the mold. You may be asking yourself, "why the fuck does any of this matter at scout camp?" Well, when one has to deal with the idiocy of today's social media addicted youths, yuppie helicopter parents, and angry scoutmasters for a whole summer, one need surround oneself with like individuals to stay sane.

some tips and tricks I've learned over the years:
>make friends with people that have the same night off as you
>find a cheap bar nearby
>find a fuckbuddy if single
>get on your area director's good side by not fucking up the blue cards
>if you're a director, beat it into your staff how to do blue cards right so you don't have to fix theirs
>find secluded areas for shenanigans
>never get caught doing shenanigans
>boning the ranger's daughter is a great way to get yourself a copy of camp's master key.
>beware: gossip spreads like wildfire on staff
>never come back for another year on staff for the wrong reasons, you'll be 10x more miserable than normal
>hotsauce and spices gives the repetitive dining hall menu variety
>if working in a residential camp, pack for dorm life, but with outdoors basics too

I'll make another post with more tips if I think of any

>>780127
>>784348
The new director of my camp's trek program used to ranger at Philmont. He's going to be soooo underwhelmed by his new job haha
>>
File: clifford.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
clifford.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>788271
was the canoe red?
>>
>>788014

Comically, your point was complete shite
>>
>>788271
>fucking preteens

This. They're at the height of being whingey, clingy, self-absorbed, bitchy faggots just before they hit puberty

source: I'm a teacher kek
>>
>working at cub scout day camp
>get stuck as wolf den leader with 2 normies my age
>im the only one whos not full blow aut
>every time we passed other dens the 2 normies yell "WHO LIKES MINECRAFT"
>fucking shitstorm
>we were late to every activity trying to break up all the lil kids from talking about minecraft
>>
>>790289
Impressing young kids and getting them interested in /out/craft is shit? Sounds like the problem's on your end there, buddy.
>>
>>780127
I'm at Resica Falls Scout Reservation, the old Firestone camp was apparently "philmont of the east" in it's heyday
>>
>>781508
are you at rfsr?
>>
File: 20160611_121129.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160611_121129.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Staffing survival courses for Cadets this year. Any tips on how to keep people in line? If they screw up we're allowed to be pretty rough on them and give punishments but I'd rather be liked while still being respected.
>>
Pretty sure most camp concilors are perverts
>>
>>790952
Yo man I work there too! What area are you in?
>>
>>791482
Scoutcraft
>>
>>791489
Nice. Is this your first year?
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.