[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here has thoughts on the Soylent? It seems a good way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Anyone here has thoughts on the Soylent? It seems a good way to economize time and space on the back pack.
>>
You do not metabilize liquids the same way you do with solid food. You will not get anywhere close to the same level of nutrients.
>>
File: nutella.jpg (85KB, 620x618px) Image search: [Google]
nutella.jpg
85KB, 620x618px
>>778717
>nutella
literal superfood
keeps forever
>>
>>778717
I'd have to test it out at home first to see that it didn't give me the shits
>>
>>778769
Stop.
>>
>>778717
You should have posted the nutrients
>inb4 look them up
It's your thread faggot
>>
>>778777
you can't stop this train
it has no breaks
>>
File: 1462132413120.png (56KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1462132413120.png
56KB, 223x226px
>>778717
>tries to get contact with nature
>drinks industrialized pink liquid
no, thanks
>>
>>778910
Its just rice protein, soy and a bunch of vitamins, Salt and monosaturated fats. Itd be a fine supplementary drink and snack. They post all the ingredients on their site.
>>
>>778717
It tastes horrible and it takes a couple days for your body to adjust.
>>
>>778717
At least it's recycled...
Really solves two problems at once if you think about it
>>
>>778772
This is the reason why I personally won't use it
>go to shop
>see soy milk drink in the little carton box with a straw
>fuck it, let's play like I'm 12
>buy it
>drink it
>skip 2 hours forward
>cramps
>pain
>feel like dying
>shits for 3 days straight

Bad times, I had more success with whey powder.
>>
No one has noticed yet that it's made of people? And they still get away with selling this shit?!?!?
>>
>>779242
Only the dead ones, they just take up space and are unproductive.
>>
It's made from random powder ingredients they buy in drums from China. Autist making that shit looks like he gives zero fucks about quality control.
>>
I don't know how that company will ever overcome the "soylent green is people" stigma. Just from looking at their marketing they aren't doing themselves any favors.
>>
>>779239

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Who the fuck gets stomach cramps from soy milk you literal vagina.
>>
>>780790
>Who the fuck gets stomach cramps from soy milk you literal vagina.
I don't, but calling someone a vagina due to something outside of their control only demonstrates your inexperience with life
>>
>>778717
ITS PEEEEPOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>778918
>soy

Enjoy your mantits.
>>
>>778769
>not Crunchy Peanut Butter

Literal super food

>Calorie packed
>fucking Delicious alone or as a dip
>can be used to create large amounts of smoke
>>
>>780790
Soy milk, er yeah...that's it, soy milk...
>>
>>778717
I've had version 1.5 and 2.0 and it's not bad at all. I used a little thin mint coffee creamer to flavor my 1.5. It filled me up.
>>
>>778769
>keeps forever

Nuh uh. I have a 5 year old jar of Nutella thats all hard and dry
>>
>>778900
brakes
>>
>>778918
Never used it, but my primary concern would be how hard it is to mix. I use spirutein after work outs but I wouldn't bother trying to mix it without a blender. Carnation instant instant breakfast has a bunch of good nutrients andd mixes easy, but is 90% sugar and is loaded with emulsifying food additives.
>>
>>782013
well duh if you do not seal it properly it loses water
>>
I have lived off a diy recipe for weeks at a time.
Very economical and guarantees you meet your caloric, nutritional requirements.
The daily cost for my recipe was about $6 dollars a day.

https://diy.soylent.com/
>>
I think it's smart. I drink it occasionally at home anyways.
>>
>>784187
Ive perused the diy mixes in the past. How big of an investment was it for you to start off?
>>
>>780208
It's literally because the founder was an autist and did not get why people wouldn't find it appealing
>>
File: diy.soylent.com_dll-13.jpg (839KB, 1080x5659px) Image search: [Google]
diy.soylent.com_dll-13.jpg
839KB, 1080x5659px
I think around 600 aud. It all depends on how cheap you can source the main ingredients: protein powder and oats.
I also bought bulk amounts of the these which resulted in a high initial cost but very low daily cost.

This recipe is only an example, you can put anything in so long as it meets your caloric/nutritional needs.
>>
>>781026
You can smoke peanut butter?
>>
>>778918
>Soy
Weww lad, enjoy those feminine hormones
>>
>>784187
>guarantees you meet your caloric, nutritional requirements
so is jizz
>>
>>786669
ur just mad cause you dont have a sexy butt
>>
>>787776
Fag pls
>>
>>778717

I bought some Aussielent (Soylent isn't available in Aus). Basically I just use it for work lunches because I'm too lazy to make my own proper lunch, found myself spending a heap of money on food and putting on weight because it's hard to eat healthy around where I work.

It's alright, basically tastes like oats, you get used to it pretty quickly. Didn't experience any weird digestive problems but that's probably because I only have it 5 days a week if that. Fills you up decently.
>>
>>778718

Qualify this statement please. As it stands what you have said is impossible. It would mean that no matter how much Soylent you drink, you could never absorb the same amount of nutrients as a given amount of food.

Do you instead mean that they do not furnish the same nutritional value for an equivalent volume? That I could believe, but the solution is simply to drink more Soylent until the nutritional value matches what you'd get from food.
>>
>>778769

>40% sugar
>superfood

Fuck you.
>>
>>787813
sugar is good for you if you /out/
sugar is only bad if you sit on couch
>>
File: semen.png (25KB, 300x495px) Image search: [Google]
semen.png
25KB, 300x495px
>>787173
>>
>>778769
>le reddit bacon nutella XDDDDD!!

A jar of natty peanut butter takes a giant nutritional shit on your memefood.
>>
>>789697
if you like the taste and texture of sawdust
>>
>>789698
Just because you buy shit-tier food doesnt mean the food is bad. Find 365 peanut butter and say it sucks with a straight face.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.