[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water Filtration thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 242059_23028_XL.jpg (128KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
242059_23028_XL.jpg
128KB, 640x424px
post what you want/need or generally what are good products you've tried. im looking to buy a good filter system for the money and ive already tried the lifestraw, it was kind of a pain to use. What products do you guys recommend?
>>
>>777449
Unless you're filtering for multiple people those sawyer minis are the best. I bring a little adapter with mine so I can clean it without bringing the giant syringe. Like with any mechanical filter, don't rely on it below freezing.
>>
>>777534
first post best post
>>
>>777534

But don't they work fairly slowly? I've read on the site that the sawyer squeeze goes a fair bit faster, but everyone seems to own the mini. What's up with that?
>>
>>779269
Not sure but the speed doesn't matter if you're alone like first post said.

Take some time to chill and let it filter.
>>
File: msr.jpg (13KB, 319x355px) Image search: [Google]
msr.jpg
13KB, 319x355px
I've got a MSR Miniworks EX. Kinda large compared to the most modern filters, but it's more resilient, faster, and lasts longer. I wish the handle was detachable, as that would make it much easier to pack.
>>
>>777449
Say Im an infantry platoon leader heading to fort polk for a training rotation in august, and I anticipate logistics sucking per usual and being stuck with little to no water. What would be the most efficient way to filter/treat water from any local sources? keep in mind it will have to be carried on our backs. I was thinking just iodine tablets, but is there another way that may be better?
>>
>>777449
I don't know man, these seem to work good for river water and shit, but only after it's boiled. Otherwise it seems kinda nasty.
>>
>>779592
Water through a cloth and then add ClO2. It's more effective than iodine and doesn't have the taste.
>>
>>779619

>seems kinda nasty

It's in your head.
>>
>>777534
Thanks
>>
>>779619
If you boil it you lose the beauty of fresh icy cold mountain water. As long as the water is <40F it is 100% safe
Simple food safety kids.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.