[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are these things allowed to exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

>No Sleeping bag or pad
>Blaze orange disposable tent (poles not included)
>Water packed in boxes not reusable bottles
>Only 7,200 calories
>Only 50 inches of duct tape
>Only 50 feet of paracord
>Shit tier multitool
>No toilet paper
>Almost 20 lbs
>300 dollars plus taxes and shipping

Who buys this shit?
>>
>>776987
well anon there are in this world people we like to call suckers. They are dumb and they do dumb things, like buy a kit they didn't put together themselves, with materials they didn't cq and test themselves, for triple the cost and half the necessities.
>>
Holy god thats worse than those giant expensive med kits
>>
>>776995

Are there really preppers willing to part with 300 who are this stupid?
>>
>>777008
Anyone who refers to themselves as a prepper is innately stupid.
>>
>>777013
Well how do you describe them? "Individuals of a ready demeanor?
>>
>>777020
I don't know. A normal human being who lives in a disaster prone area that happens to have a few days worth of food and supplies in case the inevitable happens?

Yeah I know, prepper is still a stupid word.
>>
>>777008
probably more likely working family homes that dont have the knowledge or time to compile their own, but still want the option it provides
>>
>>777032
I see wht you mean, when I think prepper I think a guy in a bunker with a 1/3 of a ton of crab meat but this product is actually being sold to actual people who actually live in dangerous areas. Who's enough of a dick to sell them such a shitty bag and who'd buy it?
>>
>>777020
Someone who prepares for some apocalyptic fantasy they have instead of retirement or real life.
>>
>>777038
Assholes and idiots
>>
>>776987
>ALL THAT CHEAP USELESS GARBAGE
>Those shitty googles.
>those mediocre gloves
>those shitty handwarmers
>a couple kitchen trash bags
even retail cost theres only about $10-$20 of walmart tier crap.
>>
File: 768.png (313KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
768.png
313KB, 640x656px
>ES
>>
I just bought one of these for every member of my family
>>
>>777135
You uh.... You fucked up.

Maybe they'll let you return them?
>>
>>777135
how much do they cost?
>>
>>777142
>>777149
Jesus guys you get triggered easier than /ck/
>>
>>777149
That was was 300 but they have some up to 600 that are almost identical.
>>
>>777151
>triggered
what? you mean trolled?
Because i was just asking a simple question.
>>
A grocery bag with a rain jacket and change of clothes in it is more useful than 90% of these retarded "bug out bag" type things that I see. What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
The fact that I can't be unscrupulous in this world eats me up. So many suckers with money and here I am having a conscience. Fuck me /out/ I'm doomed to poverty
>>
>>777129
>$10-$20 of walmart tier crap.

Naa, there's actually more like 50 bucks worth of crap - the compass looks like trash but everything else can sorta be used. Needs a water bottle preferably SS, a better knife, swap out the "tent" for a tarp and it would actually be decent.
>>
>>777236
Not just you. And that's we are here on /out/. Don't let that be a weight on your back anon. Nothing better than being able to sleep with a clean concious and a deep love for nature.
>>
>>777142
return the family? i dont think god has that kind of policy
>>
File: mj-popcorn.gif (421KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
mj-popcorn.gif
421KB, 500x300px
>>777020
>>
>>776987

These pre-made kits are always garbage. Not just for /out/ activities.
>>
>>777318
looks to me way way better than nothing.
plenty of stuff that can come in handy or give you a head-start.
it's usually the price that is the problem they are 5-10 times overpriced.

you usually want your kit to be shit quality and dirt poor because odds are you never going to use it. but if you do use it it will only have to do for 1-3 days and even "junk" will do that.
>>
>>776987
>no sleeping bag
Look closer
>>
>>777389
It's not a sleeping bag it's a platinum wrap. There's no insulation to speak of.
>>
>>777240
well i would subtract whatever the price of those bags of water cost. because who doesn't have bottles of water in the refrigerator ready to go at a moments notice?
>>
>>776987
overall the kits and its contents aren't that bad. its just the idea of someone paying $300 to buy it, rather than spend $50 to $100 to put it together themselves with better and more personally chosen items.
>>
>>777020
Theyre not ready for shit. Prepper is giving them too much credit, so now the word itself is filled with as much autism as the people themselves.
>>
>>777236
Its because people who work their lives away to be able to buy crap like that are fucking stupid due to rinse and repeat life for 30+ years. That life tears away any prior ability to think. Why do you think damn near every 55 yr+ person in the usa is a jaded, arrogant know nothing? Dont feel bad about not being able to stomach them.
>>
>>777453
It's pretty lacking dude, it doesn't have a sleeping bag or tent poles. For 300 dollars that kit is missing almost everything.
>>
>>777509
it clearly has a "sleeping bag" in it which would do in a survival situation as it is a mylar bag.
but not too comfy long term and reuseability is questionable.
tent poles are a luxury to carry on 99% of the world. you either got sticks or stones or simply fill some plastic bags with sand and bury them,
>>
>>777456
i would like to do the following if i ever have the space for it.
per person, stored in a reasonably cool dry place:

>1000L water in PE containers
>30kg (60 pcs) canned food item
>10kg bottled fruits and veggies
>10kg flour
>10kg rice
>5kg smoked meat and sausage
>5kg nuts/legumes
>2kg soap
>multivitamins for a year
>antibiotics, painkillers, basic medical supply

of course you have to rotate the food items out buy new stuff cook from oldest.

problem is right now i don't have anywhere to store these. i think it would only be basic precaution. aside from the water your average farm will have this supply. my gf parents have about this in their storage along with lots of frozen stuff like meat and bread. what they are not so well prepared for is the end of water supply.
>>
>>777610
Increase the nuts and meat to 50kg

Add 100kg of dates

50kg of peanut butter too

Thank me later
>>
>>777610
That's a nice list. Add sugar and salt to dem supplies son.
Also honey, it keeps forever and has a myriad of uses.
>>
>>777628
you are damn right, salt is very fucking important. sugar comes in handy too.
>>777615
these are only supposed to last for 2-3 months (not in luxury just to stay alive) it can be stretched a little with foraging. don't want to push it over what can be rotated around in a year or lasts very well.
>>
>>777610
You're nutrition could be better. I'f I were you I'd try to get more fiber in there so I can still shit, and probably some bullets and wire for hunting.
>>
>>777649
>You're nutrition could be better.
well it's about survival, but i guess more bottled veggies are doable.
recent studies contradict the myth that fibers help with anything aside causing damage to the gut walls and constipation if you are dehydrated.
>>
>>777657
Hydration is important, but fiber is good for vitamin K which your blood needs to clot properly and you need to to shit properly
>>
>>777020

if you have some sort of kit for emergencies you're just a normal person.

"prepper" denotes those idiots you see in those reality shows who bury gold in the backyard, or have absurd "bunkers" and who are usually obese or out of shape
>>
>>777660
>and you need to to shit properly
and that is what i'm telling you that fiber doesn't help with one bit. they tried this stuff out in controlled studies. turns out even zero fiber is not an issue for humans.
>>
>>776987

are those seriously little sachets of water?
>>
>>777594
It probably wouldn't though. My heat loss is through the ground so a mylar bag is useless. It's be better to have sleeping pad than a mylar bag
>>
>>777670
you can always stuff some grass pine branches whatever under your tent no worries.
i imagine this stuff is not about comfort but bare bones survival. people made do with less.
>>
>>777672
But the not /out/doorsy types won't know that.
>>
>>777689
well let's hope they know how to read that survival book included otherwise they gonna be real sick and die miserably.

based on naked and afraid you can survive incredible cold and wet if you are well insulated from the ground. i bet they would be very comfy with a mylar bag.
>>
>>777668
lol that part.
they probly take up almost half the space inside that pack. when you could put the same amount of water in a couple of canteens or water bladder you fill at home for free. and carry on the outside of the pack
>>
>>777761
takes up like 5% more space
helps with rationing

my problem is the durability a canteen might be heavier but damn near impossible to destroy and can be refilled.
>>
>>777761
>you could put the same amount of water in a couple of canteens or water bladder you fill at home for free.

...notice that the pack in OP's pic HAS a built in water bladder.
>>
>>777941
also shelf life of survival water is 5 to 30 years
tap water would be rancid after a month
>>
>>777943
No.... Just no.
>>
>>777941
It's internal though, if you have bladder on the outside it's easier to refill and doesn't take up space inside the pack.
>>
>>777949
alright if you store it in pe or glass which has been cleaned thoroughly the tap water is good quality to begin with and you store it in a cold place no sunlight then it practically lasts forever.
>>
>>777943
Just buy distilled water in the gallon
>>
>>778018
If you do this you should have some way of getting extra electrolytes because distilled has none.
>>
>>777950
>if you have bladder on the outside ~

Uh... aren't ALL bladders intended to be contained in a pack of some sort to protect them from puncture and to insulate the contents?
>>
>>778037
No, there are some that have a thicker skin and are mounted on the side.
>>
>>778054
never heard of this... you got a link?
>>
>>778177
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-HAWK-INC-65SH00-BLACKHAWK/dp/B004T19S1I

This one is pretty shit but you get the idea
>>
>>7769>>776995
FBBP
>>
File: Picture 160.png (100KB, 394x386px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 160.png
100KB, 394x386px
>>778192

>aren't ALL bladders intended to be contained in a pack of some sort to protect them...

and he says:
>No, there are some that have a thicker skin...

so sez i:
>never heard of this... you got a link?

aaand he posts pic related

>contained in a pack of some sort
>contained in a pack
>in a pack
>a pack
>pack

dunno about you guise but that bladder appears to be CONTAINED IN A PACK OF SOME SORT TO PROTECT IT
>>
>>778219
MSR makes some that aren't in a pack.

But just because it exists doesn't make it a good idea.
>>
File: 1464073732181.png (70KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464073732181.png
70KB, 250x225px
>>778219
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/water/storage/hydromedary-hydration-system/product
>>
File: Picture 161.png (212KB, 967x345px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 161.png
212KB, 967x345px
>>778233
pic_related_V2.0

Their rugged exterior makes them perfect for use in packs without dedicated hydration sleeves

perfect for use in packs without dedicated hydration sleeves

for use in packs without dedicated hydration sleeves

for use in packs

for

use

in

packs
>>
>>776987
Over half of that stuff I could get at Dollarama.
>>
>>778254
You can also put them on the outside though, they have a thicker skin to and no pack.
>>
>>777461
>rinse and repeat life for 30+ years
what is this and how do I avoid this, I'm 22 and I don't want to have my life go that way. It got maddening even at college, and I ended up dropping out bc of depression and other mental health stuff.

Right now I'm working on getting over depression and bulimia, borderline pd too. The problem is once that's sorted I have no fucking clue what I'm going to do. I know I want to help other people, but I can't imagine going through all the med school bs. I'm physically unfit for trade or labour jobs thanks to a premature birth and now heart problems from bulimia.

It seems like the only option is to get like a secretarial job like the one I used to have and grind through it until I retire, and that's fucking awful. Not to mention I'm going to have to help my mother pay off her mortgage in a few years bc she's almost at retirement age and has over a decade left on the payments. Not to mention my father seems to be focused on his new family but not his actual kids, so that's fucked. I'll probably have to help pay off his debts down the road too, especially bc my sister decided to go to art school and date a pot dealer.

I just want a nice loving husband, a stable family, children etc. but it seems like that will never ever happen and I'll be doomed to the grinding meaningless life my parents seem to have. Are there careers out there that aren't rinse and repeat? I do poorly with repetitive jobs, hell I've been through four or five jobs in the past year or two because of how volatile my emotions have been, but even after treating my BPD I don't think I'll be able to tolerate sameness as well as others.

s-sorry for the rant I just kinda started typing and couldn't stop :c
>>
>>778814
Wow dude nice excuses

If I were you, I'd start eating a lot of bananas. TDLR Natural dopamine booster so it literally makes you happy and turns you into someone eager to tackle life.
>>
>>778821
that sounds too simple, I think someone would've said that by now if that actually worked
>>
>>778814
Sounds like you need to unlearn everything you know. You were raised by a single mom which is three strikes against you, you hate your dad, another strike, you are mentally ill, another strike, female another strike.

There are plenty of guys who think you are good enough even with your obvious defects. But since you were raised to be a cancerous whore by teachers under the spell of Marxist Jews you are doomed to a life of misery. Don't worry you will have plenty of company be it a herd of cats or just the tens of millions of other bitter hags
>>
>>778886
>off by two
anyway, my mum has only been single since I was 16, but even up until then both parents were working fulltime. neither me or my sister had much parenting outside my mother tho, my dad gave up trying when he walked out on my mum. So I guess maybe it was like be raised by a single mother? idk

aside from them tho, my mother's side of the family is pretty cool and probably the only reason I came around to not being a zombie. My grandfather, who I respected and loved dearly, was an accomplished chemist and a philosopher who would discuss socrates and shit all the time. He also was a sharpshooter in the war, serving on the eastern front against the russians. He explained his political and social views through the lense of philosophy and his own thoughts derived from experience and the knowledge of ancient greeks and romans. When I was younger I didn't think too much about it, but when he died I kind of started thinking more and more about what he had taught me. I kind of wish I hadn't, because now I see how bad things really are. Not just for some dumb bitch like me, but for everyone
>>
>>778814
Do what makes you happy, and what scares you most. Four years ago I was a 350+ lbs masturbating whale in my parents basement whose main hobbies were anime and depression. I had dropped out of college and I had no job.

I'm down to 190. Living on my own and surrounded by friends. I've recently fulfilled a lifelong goal by joining the military. Leaving for basic soon. I was afraid to get a job, so I got one. I was afraid to talk to new people, so I made myself do it. I was afraid I might fail at something I've always wanted to do, so I did it.

You're afraid to go to school but know the end result will be you doing something that actually makes you happy? Then do it. Look into nursing.
>>
File: apex kex.gif (773KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
apex kex.gif
773KB, 245x245px
>>776987
>emergency drinking water
>>
File: bottled-air.jpg (18KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
bottled-air.jpg
18KB, 600x334px
>>779502
if you find that funny
check this out
>>
>>779509
i-is it compressed senpai?
>>
>>779525
i think so
>>
>>779502
>>779509
i think i can top this
i'm gonna start selling bottled vacuum
>>
>>779509
That makes more sense because there are some situations (like a fire) where you need air, but emergency water is just...
>>
>>778999
it's not particularly scary to me, going to school. It's just I'm not sure I want to make such a commitment when I have trouble consistently holding interest in things for more than a few weeks. Once the novelty wears off it's just kind of boring. Hell, I used to work in an ED in a non nursing role and I did enjoy it, but the work the nurses were doing looked kind of boring honestly. I'm not even sure I want to pursue a career, I'd love to have a family and be a parent as a full time job more than pretty much anything else, but I can't keep a boyfriend for more than a couple months. Not to mention I'd be afraid of being a terrible parent bc of borderline pd. I don't even know the proper timeframe of when to settle down, my mother was 38 when I was conceived and 39 with my sister. If I were to go that route, what would I fill the next 16 years with?

It's not like my family has money or anything, especially because right now I can't seem to find work because I have therapy and doctors appointments almost every other day and that interferes with getting a job because my schedule is so unstable with appointments throughout all time of the day. I'd love to travel and visit family over Austria, but I just cannot afford it. It just feels like I'm existing solely to make it to the next day so that eventually one day I'll be to a point where I can work a meaningless job to make a paltry salary in order to support myself until I retire. Shit is depressing enough without having mental health problems alongside it
>>
>>779538
>there are some situations (like a fire) where you need air

>throwing bottled air into fire
i don't think you carefully thought this through
>>
>>779559
>Breathing bottled air because the room is filled with smoke

You seem like the kind of guy who would get stuck at in a desert and your all fresh water to bathe.
>>
>>778363
They probably do.
>>
>>777785
>helps with rationing
So does a small plastic cup you can get 100 for a dollar anywhere.
>>
>>779979
And not being a tard is pretty useful too, although you can't buy that.
>>
>>776987
Are you just dumb or trolling? As a survival kit, that bag does it's job just fine. It's not meant to be a 72 hour pack, bugout bag, or back country kit. It's something you keep in your car in case of an emergency only so that you can affect rescue.

>toilet paper
Are you even serious? Just use mullein leaves. I think you're trolling.
>>
>>777610
You need to check out the LDS canneries bro.
>>
>>782111

It's called the 3 day pack, and there's 24 hours in a day. That means it's made, market and sold as a 72 hour pack.
>>
Where's the fucking medical equipment?
>>
>>776987
>goggles
>zipties
what?
>>
>>776987
>Duct tape at all
>Paracord at all
>Multitool at all
>Are theses fucking batteries?
>Working gloves? What the?
>Googles against dust? Is this a bag for lumberjacks?
>What is this ridiculous bag with small pockets and molle on it anyway?
>>
>"Be prepared"

Not sure how many sc/out/s there are here, but for those of us working high adventure camps, being "prepared" yet not quite a "prepper" is just common sense, especially in the back country.

Basically just have a day pack that you always have on you with water (Nalgene, platypus/camelbak, etc) small first aid kit, lightweight/mid weight jacket (I have a light down jacket that stuffs pretty small), rain jacket, knife, lighter, flashlight, CHAPSTICK, and other common sense stuff. Doesn't take up a lot of space, easy to carry around with you, yada yada yada.

I'm in New Mexico now, but where I'm from, I see a ton of "Zombie preppers" and shit, just kind of annoying.
>>
>>782369

I over pack on first aid because I've been in some hairy situations where I was better off having it. Most medical equipment is very light anyways. Those little baggy kits are just not enough to me.
>>
>>778018

Drink distilled water if you want to die, you need electrolytes.

For long lasting drinking water, take filtered water (no chlorine) put it in an air tight translucent container such as glass and irradiate it with UV light.
>>
>>777777
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.