[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you used this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: WaterFilter.png (23KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
WaterFilter.png
23KB, 246x246px
Has anyone used pic related? I've heard it's a God-tier system but I haven;t ever used it.
>>
>>775799
Yes I can confirm for god tier

I've used many water purification systems and I can say this is the one I will use for the rest of my life.

>no moving parts that may fail in the field (have had hand pumps fail on me)
>no batteries (steri pens fly through batteries)
>no bad taste (iodine tablets and polar pure)
>nice, thick plastic that won't rip if you are at least semi careful with it.
>lightweight compact and extremely easy to use. No pumping required.

Only con I can think of is that you can't readily refill mid-hike. It's more of a base camp system but if you carry 2-3 liters of water during the day anyways, you should'nt need to bust it out on the trail.

Buy it annon. No better way to purify water.
>>
They are fucking god tier.

IMO the first worthwhile water filter
>>
>>775822
>>775820
How long does it take?
>>
What's the name/brand?
>>
>>776196
That's the Platypus 4l gravity filter
>>
>>776071

They say 3 mins for 4 liters but I haven't seen it in action.
>>
>>776071
You can be pretty fast, I'd say 45s/L. I got the 2L setup and I am happy with it, mostly because I am a lazy git and enjoy gravity doing the work.
>>
I have one of these, works amazing, can confirm.

BUT

very expensive for what you get. Recently lost the filter and dirty bag in a rapid, and must replace it. Looked for alternatives and found this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Sawyer-Products-SP128-Filtration-System/dp/B00FA2RLX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464447205&sr=8-1&keywords=sawyer

This thing is a fraction of the cost, and works amazing. Just use a couple old camelback bags etc instead of the platypus brand, and save yourself $100.
>>
>>775799
I haven't tried this one, but I might get it or something like it. Does it need a lot of cleaning?

Also, if I'm in a pinch, I saw an infographic that uses a piece of inner wood from any tree (non-poisonous, obviously). You put a rubber hose around it, clamp it down with an o-clamp and screw the hose onto a bottle of dirty water. The wood is porous enough that it lets only clean water through. Never tried it, might try it for shits and giggles.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.