[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pier Fishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: th.jpg (12KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 480x198px
Going fishing tomorrow on the Surfside pier in Myrtle Beach south carolina tomorrow. I hope to catch some spanish mackeral and will be using all the gotcha plugs and spoons I own to that end. I'm also taking some friends who have never fished saltwater before, and only rarely fish freshwater, so I'm setting them up with some bottom rigs with shrimp. I figure one of us will find out what's biting.
Pier/surf fishing thread? Pier/surf fishing thread.
Btw, got waaaay too close to a shark on a sandbar about 300 yards from shore while surf fishing last weekend, so it will be nice to fish without such concerns plaguing me!
>>
once my neighbour's cat got inside my house. my dog wanted to kill it
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 640x1136px
>>775966
You coulda just said "bump". I am stoked at all the fishing threads however.

>>775390
I'm about to go grab a big Penn Fierce combo from Bass Pro and start getting out to the pier at 4am when there aren't so many people around.

When rigging the shrimp on the bottom, how do you set it up? The couple times I did the pier, I just ended up using big pyramid weights and some frozen squid but no real luck. Are shrimp much better?

There is also a spot where I can fish from at an inlet into the intercoastal. On the south side of the inlet, just east of the bridge in the pic. But last time I went there, the tide was coming in and even with 3oz weights, the shit was getting dragged into the rocks. Is it worth fishing there? And whay do you think would be the best way to go about it as far as bait, rigs, and tide?
>>
>>775973

what? i just said my dog doesnt like cats
>>
Please please please dont tell me youll be staying in Dirty Myrtle over memorial day weekend. Get out before then. It gets really bad there.
>>
>>775390
Why did you have to make your own thread instead of just posting in the fishing general?
>>
>>775973
>Penn Fierce
Battle II baby, Love my 5k
Spinfisher 6500 is a little heavy on a 7' rod IMHO
I might get a 4k spinfisher for the 7' and move the 6500 to an 11' rod.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-15-48-36.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-15-48-36.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
OP here, I wasn't the guy talking about my pets or whatever. We caught two whiting the first day and got sunburnt as hell but we did better today. I caught this 15 inch spanish and a nice bluefish and the guys caught some more whiting and croaker. And yes we are headed home tonight so we're missing black bike weeks zenith.
>>
>>775973
I just use essentially a carolina rig with the shrimp. You feel the fish pulling easier and the fish doesn't have to move the weight itself.
>>
>>776733
How heavy of a weight would you do on that? Like a 1oz barrel weight?

>>776331
Is the Battle significantly better? There is only like a $20 price difference on the combos.
>>
>>776729
Thats good OP, wouldn't want you getting mauled by a pack of chimps. Nice catch by the way!
>>
>>776729
Would thought Vladimir putin could catch a bigger fish.
>>
>>776925
Lol

>>776864
Thanks! I was very pleased with it and it was one of the larger ones caught that I saw today. Some lucky scoundrel caught a 19 inch, mine was 15.

>>776777
It really depends on the current. If it's not crazy I normally use a 1 oz
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.