[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosquitoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: fuckingskeeter.jpg (253KB, 875x1093px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingskeeter.jpg
253KB, 875x1093px
How does /out/ deal with these motherfuckers?
>>
>>773194
If a few, DEET
If a shitload, the barrier method
>>
File: yellowjacket.jpg (6KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
yellowjacket.jpg
6KB, 275x184px
>>773194
How do you guys deal with these?
>>
>>773202
this

picaridin for kiddos.
wipes>spray

permethrin is for chumps.

cigar smoke works well, too, but is less than ideal when /out/ and about.
>>
>>773194
Long sleeves, OFF Deep Woods, and lots of Newport smoke.

Most of the time they aren't terrible by my place despite being Florida. As long as there is a breeze coming off the ocean, it isn't bad.
>>
OFF, leafy eucalyptus sticks
hate mosquitoes, and Dengue has been spreading in recent years
>>
>>773235
You just die if you see one anon. Theres nothing you can do
>>
File: image.jpg (989KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989KB, 3264x2448px
>>773235
Smack the shit out of it. Just make sure you get it the first time. Swat at so many bees and wasps and haven't been stung in years and years.

Plus bee stings aint shit.
>>
>>773194
Scattergun
>>
>>773235
lay a yellow bowl filled with alcohol near by
>>
>>773235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6k_px1Hu0
>>
File: little_shit.jpg (29KB, 456x294px) Image search: [Google]
little_shit.jpg
29KB, 456x294px
>>773194
>How does /out/ deal with these motherfuckers?

In my yard...
http://www.amazon.com/Mosquito-Magnet-MM4200-Patriot-Plus/dp/B01CKLLOXS
http://www.amazon.com/Dyntrap-Insect-Trap-Mount-Water/dp/B0053ZEHE2
http://www.amazon.com/Citronella-Incense-Sticks-Stick-Repellant/dp/B00R6E2N3K
http://www.amazon.com/Mosquito-Dunks-117-6-Bits-30-Ounce/dp/B0001AUF8G

And trying to make sure there's no standing water as much as possible.

This is the first year with the citronella smoke and mosquito traps, and it's a freaking miracle. I can finally enjoy my backyard without these little shits fucking with me. I was skeptical the magnet trap would work, but there's a basket full of these little fucks dead and no other insects. The dynatrap seems to get a lot of collateral damage with moths and beetles, which is not great.

Elsewhere...
Bug spray and lots of cursing. Angry gestures.
>>
File: mygga-original-spray-75-ml-0.jpg (93KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
mygga-original-spray-75-ml-0.jpg
93KB, 496x700px
tons and tons of this, love the smell too
>>
File: 20140815_191141.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20140815_191141.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>773403
also, i feel paraffin lamps repels them a bit, can anyone confirm?
>>
I've been bitten so many times it doesn't really bother me anymore.
>>
File: mynigga skeeter.jpg (131KB, 546x876px) Image search: [Google]
mynigga skeeter.jpg
131KB, 546x876px
>>773403
>>
>>773411
It's funny because you made it into an N-word slur and they don't even tan or /out/
>>
>>773404
Where is this? In Denmark?
>>
>>773394
>that buildup
>that sound from 4:45 - 5:00
>that hotdog craftsmanship from 5:00 - 6:10
>that massive skip ahead at 8:57

What the fuck man, I wanted to see yellow jackets getting roasted... 4/10 would probably not watch again.
>>
>>773249
>newports

pepsifag confirmed for nigger
>>
>>773593
>being this new
>select all images with boats
well if that isn't /out/ related I don't know what is
>>
>>773488
unfortunately not, its Sweden
>>
>>773194
just came to freaking post this, must be psychic connection

went out yesterday and I couldn't stand it, by the time I swatted the ones on my legs, 3 more had taken their places...now covered in bites
>>
File: dfuq.jpg (19KB, 403x351px) Image search: [Google]
dfuq.jpg
19KB, 403x351px
>>773235
> amongst apex predators of the insect world
> cunning
> effective
> had no need for evolution for hundreds of millions of years
> superior work ethics
> ready to die for family
> will never betray queen
> can puke paper
swatted to death by ape named Homo sapiens sapiens
>>
>>773284
Why would you ever, you fucking nigger? Leave the wasps alone and they won't do you any wrong. Around here you can spot city folk because they shit themselves as soon as they see one. We just let them buzz about. How do you deal with being such faggots, jesus
>>
>>773870
If they are just flying past, I'm not going out of my way to swat at them but once they get all up in my personal space, I'm gonna get em.

That black widow in the pic earlier was living on my hand truck for a month or two and I let it be since it just chilled there and didn't crawl all over me.
>>
>>773850
And yet they are dying out. Such a shame
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 472x600px
>>775002
This is true for two thirds of all species in the next 1000 years, even in the best scenarios. TFW we are the worst extinction level event ever.
>>
>>773194
let 'em bite
do not scratch
apply urine to bites
>>
>>773899
I just brush them off and they go away. The key is to be gentle and not scared or violent. Avoid slapping or making any movements that will crush part of the insect. They never come back once I brush them away, even if they were getting really into my shit due to the smell of food or whatnot. I have a theory that it's an instinctive behaviour to move on as a damage avoidance strategy.

If you kill one, then nearby ones will smell it and go nuts.
>>
>>775031
>This is true for two thirds of all species in the next 1000 years, even in the best scenarios. TFW we are the worst extinction level event ever.
>mosquitos are not part of the two thirds
god dammit
>>
>>773403
Is this exclusive to scandinavia?
>>
Eat garlic and they won't bite you
Alternatively let them bite you until your skin begins to produce a hormone that will repell them
Also sweat repells bugs
>>
>>773850
I'm almost sold but, are they pillars of their communities and do they respect the art of repeating digits?
>>
>>776370
kek
>>
>>776375
I am not trolling fool.
>>
>>773870
I don't think so man. I was chillin' on my hammock today when one of these fuckers stung me twice. I want 'em all dead. The only benefit I see from them is killing off caterpillars in my garden.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.