[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

File: stalker.png (2MB, 1032x691px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.png
2MB, 1032x691px
Hey /out/
what plans or preparations did you set-up incase Shit will hit a fan, any acolaypse may it be a sun storm, aliens, some weird virus or downfall of our civizilation.

I got here a Xbow with some knives and plan to escape the nederlands before it will start. I plan to drive to eastern europe. and hide in the woods.

what's your plan?
>>
>>773135
>People always thinking that if shtf they'll be fine and can leave while others are dying.
If shit goes south you'll probably die like others
>>
>>773135
I tried hanging out in the woods for the night by my self and got spooped by footsteps and someone replying to my hello
I think I saw too much skin walker threads for my own good.
/out/ how do I make weapons in the woods and not be afraid of sleeping alone out there?
I can't believe foot steps threw me off.
One preperation for SHTF is to definitely get a double stack handgun and a way to cook, clean water, find food.
And one in central mass wanna help me about the alone in the woods and not thinking this there is ghosts?
>>
>>773145
I will be this summer trying to sleep in the woods. i never did it. when i have arms near me it gives me a safer feeling. thats why i always sleep with a knife :) ghosts don't exists. remember people are the danger. i will try to enhance my farming skills a bit. I already know how to spot eatable mushrooms in the woods. so thats a plus for me
>>
>>773147
But I can't get a gun in mass.
I could get a small machete or hammer.
Where are you in massachuttes?
And how have you helped with sleeping out inns woods without weapons?
>>
>>773135
╔═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╗
~~~~~~~~~Potassium Cyanide~~~~~~~~~~
╚═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╝
>>
ive got plenty of rope to hang myself with
>>
>>773151
>>773153

These are good plan Bs, but plan A should be to see how well you can get along
>>
>>773151
you are a weak goy.
>>
Live in SoCali. Theres a bike trail where i live that ends up at the beach. I pack up my motorcycle and take the trail (no traffic) to the ocean and commandeer a fishing boat. Live life out at sea. Return to shore for minor scavanging.
>>
>>773344
that's a very good idea. I saw Fear the walking dead lately and they used a yacht too. you can fish and collect rain water. sailing is a good plan. you might encounter some pirates though. get armed on the water!
>>
Grab rifle go innawoods...

Family cabin off the grid stocked with enough gear and food to get a
good start...only issue is its 200 miles away and only one highway there...
>>
>>773135
Board myself up in my house with all of my guns and ammo. Fill the bathtubs so water before water gets shut off. (Worst case scenario)

(Realistically), if my house was hit by a tornado or burnt down, we'd pack up and head to my parents lodge in the middle of buttfuck nowhere Kentucky.
>Natural gas well on our property, heats entire house. Literally own the gas on the property, the well is practically ours.
>90 acres of our own land
>our land is bordered by close relatives who have stated that they intend on keeping it in the family.
>mountains and hills
>Well water
>Natural spring up the hill
>Coal bank that could be dug up again
>barn 20 minute walk from the house
>Second house on property also heated by natural gas
>Uncle lives like 40 minutes away and owns like 40+ heads of cattle, cattle graze in a clearing on the mountain in a rural area.

The only issue is the God damn pill heads
>>
>>773135
Assuming its something realistic like nuclear war I'm dead from getting 50 nukes shoved up my ass. If its some shit like zombies then I'm just going to kill myself I'm not putting up with that stupid bullshit.
>>
>>773838
Both scenarios are unrealistic
>>
>>773476
>The only issue is the God damn pill heads

If it's a SHTF then you can just pop 'em with a .303 and nobody'll find 'em
>>
You want dates? Cause I got dates! The Cosmic Wave of Fire will be arriving sometime between June 14 and August 19. Get ready to be purified bitches
>>
>>773344
>gonna steal a boat in shtf
you and all the people that say they'll "raid the gun store" are so stupid.
>>
>>773364
>don't know how to sail
>can't prepare food onnaboat
>no mention of deep sea fishing gear
>depending on rainwater in california
10/10 plan m8 /s
>>
>>774173
kek. "all those other apocalypses i heard about that have come and gone weren't real. this one is totes 100% legit though guise"
eagerly awaiting the "you'll see when the sun explodes" response
>>
>everyone planning on running away from home
this is only valid if you live in a dense urban area. in almost any other situation it is far better to bug in. You can have large caches of food, water, and ammunition. You can fortify the structure you're living in already. if things get too bad in your area, only then do you leave. Bugging out to "the woods" with everything you own on your back is for idiots
>>773476
>>773390
these guys get it
>>
>>773135

- Roam / Stay on the move
- Try to be better armed than those i meet, period
- Hunt and Collect
- Create a pack of strong and healthy / skilled People
- Stop and create a Settlement if Recources and the pack are enough to do so
- 3 F´s (Farm everything, Fortify as mutch land as possible, Fuck to colonize)
>>
File: NUKEMAP.png (237KB, 299x528px) Image search: [Google]
NUKEMAP.png
237KB, 299x528px
In case of WW3 or something like that I'm dead 90%.

Living in one of the most hated countries in the world, also one of the smallest. If I'm lucky I will die from the explosion, if not I will die from the fallout.

>Israel
>>
>live out in nowhere
>home is heavily fortified

I'll just relax with a good book and ride out whatever is out there. Hopefully some friends or family makes it to me.
>>
>>773135
If I actually survive and make it home in a situation like that I'll probably put my pistol in my mouth.

Why would you want to live in a world without any more bogrolls?
>>
>>774215

The people that are going to "bug out to the woods" are the same bumbling idiots who will be picked off one by one by the locals from those areas
>>
>>774224

>LARPing
>>
>>774228

I dunno mang, I kinda think it's the other way around.

Countries like the US, Russia and the UK are big enough (or in the case of the UK, separated from other countries enough) that you can slam a nuke down and be guaranteed that you'll blow a big hole right in that country's arsehole; nice and neat.

However with smaller countries that are tightly packed together with other countries, it's unavoidable that there will be collateral damage to the surrounding countries. No matter which side you're on, there's usually allies or even the aggressor's country that would be fucked from the fallout, which provides a very strong disincentive.

The downside to attacking the aforementioned countries of course is their military might; but you guys are backed by the US/UK and have a relatively decent army for your region, yeah?
>>
I have a cabin 500km away full of supplies, guns and farming stuff. It's pretty small off-grid types deal, but it's squarely in the middle of buttfuck nowhere so if we get nuked I should be safe from fallout. It's also got a nice stream right through it and a good amount of arable space to grow food.

I have a bike near my door, because if there's a serious incident roads are going to be impassible for most cars and the cabin is too far for an most motorcycles to go on one tank. Biking that far for a person my size burns something like 25 thousand calories so I have a bag of food water and Gatorade powder and sanitary supplies. I also have a lot of stuff like a water filter and I know where a lot of streams rivers and the like are between where I live and my location.

I also have a handgun in my home which I might take with me if stuff got really bad.
>>
>>774729
Actually, biking 500km should only be like 10k - 15k calories, unless you weigh like 400 lbs.
>>
>>774733
Your absolutely right, the biking is 16 thousand calories but there's more to it .I also burn 2050~ calories a day just to not die and it would take 4 days so I'd expect to burn 24k~ calories, but I'm keeping some padding on there because I can.
>>
>>774739
>it would take 4 days

If you're on pavement. And what about when the roads are blocked?
>>
>>774745
Yeah, that is pretty sketchy. It's 4 days by main roads, but I do have another plan that adds a day to the trip. I do have several routs planned out where I take trails out of the city, then back roads to my destination.
>>
>>774224

That's not going to work for you. If you're roaming you need to get more calories than you're spending which means you'll either have to hit someone's farm (Which could get you shot) or go through a city (Where there won't be much left). It's far better to have a setup place where you can bug in and ride it out rather than starting a raiding party.

>>774215
This. The less you need to get out the fewer people you see, the lower your chances of getting shot.

>>773894
You don't even need to do that, they'll all die of thirst after the first 2 or 3 days.
>>
>>774744
My absolutely right?
>>
>>773135
Why do so few think of digging in an farming after the worst is over?
>>
>>774820
>extra routes planned

Nice. Hope you have a backup location too
>>
>>775487

Because farming isn't sexy or tacticool. Everyone wants to think they're SAS, not old mcdonald, even if that is a better strategy.
>>
File: 1458229043259.jpg (63KB, 486x441px) Image search: [Google]
1458229043259.jpg
63KB, 486x441px
>>773150
>But I can't get a gun in mass.

Yes you can. Just not with big brothers permission.
>>
>>773135
I plan to bug in, rather than to bug /out/.
No one should bug /out/ unless they are traveling, and that should be done in a bug /out/ vehicle.
Most of the supplies that would end up helping you will be urban supplies like radios, cell phones, batteries, solar chargers, flashlights, cash, firearms, etc.
The whole "SHTF" bug out bag trope started with guys who planned on traveling to a previously stocked and prepared bug out cabin in a remote area on their own private land.
They chose the location and route so they could travel to it on foot, incognito through the woods to avoid being seen on major roads.
This plan obviously requires at least thousands of dollars and several months of time invested into buying land, building a cabin with a potable water source and a septic system, basically everything your house already has.
People for some reason thought these guys were planning to rebuild civilization from a backpack or something, and decided they wanted a BOB too.
In all probability, anything remotely close to a bug out bag scenario would result in a mere intermediate WROL period that would ultimately result in a reestablishment of order by the Government after some relatively short period of time.
In my honest opinion, everyone should just have enough food and water to last like two weeks to a month, in their homes. If you're concerned with looters, design a plan to secure your doors and windows and invest in some decent home defense weapons.
Keep phone numbers to local law enforcement, communication electronics, crank radios etc. with your supplies.
Think of a realistic scenario ffs.
>>
>>774206
>I do know how to sail
>can eat fish raw. Can salt and dry what isn't eaten
>what do you really need other than a line and a hook
>you're not bound to states When you're on the ocean
>>
>>775507

You might know how to sail but you don't know how to sail the boat you'll have.

You can eat raw fish like I could fuck an african hooker without a condom, it's a bad idea an no one would want to do it anyways.

Bait, like this post.

Once you get off the shelf you'll be up against 40 foot waves in a pleasure ship. You'll die really hard.
>>
>>777170
>You'll die really hard

Yippie-ki-yay, motherfucker
>>
File: crossed.jpg (428KB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
crossed.jpg
428KB, 1024x792px
>>773364

here's a guaranteed, 100% foolproof plan to use in case of a crossed outbreak:

step 1: kill yourself

PS. quickly

PPS. too late.
>>
I live in the centre of town so I would make my way to the countryside and to the woods.

I grew up in a small village close by and know farmers there who have weapons and food, and would probably let me stay there if I helped with defence.
>>
>>778901
In a situation like that they'll probably just shoot you
>>
In today's world is there actually a reasonable shtf scenario? I feel like some places are just too developed to ever revert back to sustenance farming and raiders.
>>
>>777170
I've thought about doing shit like living on a boat, but there's no way I would do it with such little preparation. you need facilities to cook fish, desalination, GPS, and some idea of what you're doing.
>>
>>781830
In urban areas like Jew York, there's just about no chance for it to revert to what you're describing unless an extinction event-tier thing happens like some super-plague or something.
>>
File: Mounted truck gun 14.jpg (103KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mounted truck gun 14.jpg
103KB, 720x540px
>>773138
Depends on what happens when SHTF. I imagine myself taking my pickup, which already has run flats and a brush guard for deer (fucking Montana) with a wench on the front, and flooring it through whatever I had to in order to get the fuck out of town.

I also imagine myself bolting a mount for my AES10B RPK in the bed of the truck and rigging a decent bullet shield that can protect against at least moderate rifle rounds.

Kind of like they do in the middle east. After all, that's basically as mad max SHTF as it gets.
>>
>>774204
This, same for morons who specifically get AR15s thinking it'll help them to have a common rifle in SHTF. People think they'll trade and scavenge parts and ammo, when they're dead wrong. Shit is going to be so hard to get it's ridiculous. Just buy what rifle you like the most, a thousand or more rounds of ammunition, and some spare parts that are likely to go, like the recoil spring, bolt, rigger assembly, etc.
>>
>>781866
trigger assembly*
>>
>>781866
in a SHTF scenario, survival equipment will be in extremely high demand. that's why it would make sense to buy what you need ahead of time.

I'd use an m1917 enfield, personally.
>>
>>781866
Well if you get jumped/jump someone and win the fight you'll be able to loot the people you kill, which would likely be a more common rifle chamber for a more common round.
>>
>>781830
It's not just SHTF, it's also when stuff gets worse. For example if peak oil happens before we are producing enough green energy to compensate everything is going to be far more expensive and some people might choose to go back to subsistence.
>>
>>781866
>>781883
if you are looting houses and killing people and not hiding in the woods guns and ammo are not going to be rare. nearly every house,apartment,business in america has a gun and some ammo in it at the very least.

im not saying it will be there and im not saying the success rate of searching houses will be good. but if you are going through house by house in a suburban area you are going to find useful shit people left behind.

AR-15s are really common but i wouldn't rely on finding shit for them over other guns. 12 gauge shotguns and 30-30 hunting rifles are just as common if not way more common.
>>
>>781894
Then you can pick them up when you find them.
>>
>>774228
And nothing of valor was lost anon.
>>
>>781894
not every house in america has guns, that's a stereotype. at least it depends on the region.

raiding seems like a really risky strategy, especially since everyone will have their guard up. of course, if it's a SHTF scenario where lots of people are dead and houses are empty, that's different.
>>
>>781933
I have an AR i am comfortable with and 800 rounds of ammo that cycles well. if i take care of my rifle and stay hidden from groups i will do alright.

>>781964
there are an estimated 360 million known guns.
the last decade has seen gun sales increasing by 30%- 50% every year. You would think that california is a "region" that wouldn't have guns but in fact California has the most guns of any state.

either those guns are going to be carried by someone or they are going to be left somewhere. There is going to be no shortage of firearms. The problem is going to be finding ammo that matches up to what you got. 12 guages, 22 lr, 5.56, 30-30, 308, 9mm, 45acp, ect. as long as you avoid oddball shit and trade shit you got for shit you need then you will be fine.

you only have to live off of what you saved up before shtf until there is a relative peace. even if the lights never come back on and the water has to be carried up from the creek you will be able to find guns and ammo for years.
>>
>>781964
Most people don't have tactical knowledge, so if you're military you have a huge advantage. Set up far away with the AR-15 platform weapon you've been using for the last 10 years of your life and pick everyone off from 300 yards. Fools game.

You probable wouldn't have to kill anyone just scare them into leaving for a few minutes.
>>
>>781974
>>781974
I realize there are a lot of guns in the US. however, there's uneven distribution. some states have alot more than others, and there are gun enthusiasts who stock up on firearms who skew the numbers somewhat.

how does california have the most guns? I'm sure there are plenty of illegal guns that are unaccounted for, but that wouldn't be enough to make it #1.

my concern is that lots of people would stockpile guns which would make them harder to get, although they might still be available. it's hard to predict.
>>
>>781998
>how does california have the most guns? I'm sure there are plenty of illegal guns that are unaccounted for, but that wouldn't be enough to make it #1.

it is a fact that you can check that california has the most legally purchased guns of any state.
it has the most nics background checks preformed every year its a huge fucking state with a fuck load of people. It also has huge areas of wilderness where you are allowed to backpack and shoot where ever you want. it is also the state with the most firearms related businesses like holster and gear companies.

you really are missing the point here. you have the narrative stuck in your head. you are imagining the hollywood version of the apocalypse. The reality is there will be a few month to a year of unrest while the helpless people in the cities are freaking the fuck out and then it will be 1900s living all over again for a while. If the country is just too poor or too damaged to get back on its feet then it will take a really fucking long time fix shit. but its only going to be really dangerous for the first part.
>>
>>782005
it depends on what kind of SHTF scenario it is.

and actually you may be right about california, I was going by guns per capita, which is a different metric than total gun ownership.
>>
>>781997
>>782009
you realize that everyone can still see your posts when you delete them right?
>>
>>782011
not sure if you're referring to me, I only deleted to make minor edits. idk why.
>>
File: 1430605150862.jpg (57KB, 490x384px) Image search: [Google]
1430605150862.jpg
57KB, 490x384px
i plan to be a bandit and leader of a bandit gang

i reckon people in the country will be the best targets because they will choose to bug in

i will cut a deal with preppers i will leave them alone if they give me 6 months worth of food and munitions

then i will find a nice hide out and gorge myself

anyone want to join my bandit gang? I cant think of any good names for our gang as yet but we need to leave signs to on our territory so people know not to steal in my area
>>
I just laugh my ass off when I see all these people that are like

>Make a Settlement
>Become the leader of a group of survivors

This shit aint a movie yo, I guarantee half the people in this thread will die within the first 24 hours.
>>
>>782096
tunnel snakes rule!
>>
File: 1455953839200.jpg (106KB, 488x589px) Image search: [Google]
1455953839200.jpg
106KB, 488x589px
>>782109
i like it

will you join the tunnel snakes? we pillage the country side and when they say our name they will shudder
>>
>>773135
fuck off
>>
>>782096
>Literal beta uprising

You're going to knock on a Preppers door and just get fucking murdered.
>>
>>773135
>sun storm,
Chances of skin cancer increased by 0,1%. It's literally nothing. Crops will probably need more water but it should be ok and won't have any impact on human life.

>aliens
Chances that Hearth fit their biological need is close to 0. If they ever come here it will be to trade, eventually colonize us like the Brits did with India. I fucking hope it happen. I want my flying car, 2000 was 16 years ago.

>some weird virus
Remember the swine flu? Ebola? That's it.

>downfall of our civizilation.
Now that's realistic, but Rome didn't felt in one day. You will be dead before it happen.

Whatever happen, don't go in the wood, there will be more people than animals here and all of them will have guns and nothing to eat.
>>
>>775507
>Eat raw wild fish
Say hello to the worms.

>>781830
There is one. In 2050, there will be 2 billions Africans. In 2100, 4 billions. You know how politically instable, ethnic cleaning friendly is Africa and you can bet the largest famine in human history is in its way. And I don't think they will stay in Africa.

>>781861
>Kind of like they do in the middle east
In the middle east, they get killed by sharpshooters. Enjoy being free loot.
Be part of a real fighting force or avoid fight at all cost.

>>781964
The experience in former Yugoslavia confirm this. Looters tend to die a lot. Do it only when it is your last chance.

>>782096
This is what will happen: you will ask the first prepper you find for "protection", he will give you what you ask and while you are going away using your two hands to carry 40kg of food, showing them your back, you head will pop.
>>
You will be killed in the woods here in eastern europe so dont bother
>>
>>784261
What's so bad about your woods?
>>
It wont be a collapse, We will transition away from capitalism though, Most likely into an automated futuristic socialist society.

The rich will not like to give up their hegemony at first but they will be out numbered by the have-nots and will have no choice.
>>
>>782115
>Tunnel Snakes
>dig elaborate network of tunnels
>just dig under someone's camp, take their stuff and tunnel away

COMFY
O
M
F
Y
>>
>>785943

Don't forget to take that left turn at Albuquerque
>>
>>785665
full of gypsies
>>
>>786035
If only the Holocaust actually happened
>>
>>773150
If you are scared of foot steps in the night then you do not need a firearm. It will do you no good and only get someone else killed when you are out LARPing for the Apocalypse.
>>
>>786022

Eh, what's up doc?
>>
>not being a travelling merc
Have gun, will travel. Pay me in food and a roof and I'll blast any fucker you want.
>>
>>787078
You're going to get shot in like 5 minutes
>>
>>787078
I would fuck you up with CQC and a knife to the throat.
>>
>>787516

Sure is summer.
>>
>>787536
kek
>>
File: 1464272426867.jpg (56KB, 346x427px) Image search: [Google]
1464272426867.jpg
56KB, 346x427px
>>787516
Kek'd

You're going to fight a guy with a gun using a knife? You do know this is an 18 plus board right?
>>
>>787516
Lol kids these days.

Maybe if you were some MMA fighter and did combative training and caught the guy off guard.

Other than that extremely specific circumstance, he blows your head off and rapes your family.
>>
Don't plan on having road travel be an option if you don't manage to get out before it actually happens
Your plan should not involve anywhere that is not immediately accessible to you
>>
>>773135
>what plans or preparations did you set-up incase Shit will hit a fan

gonna start a tribe of cannibals, because most doomsday scenarios seem to have those
>>
>>773151
Almost had it
╔═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╗
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Potassium Cyanide~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
╚═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╝
>>
I've been a prepper about all my life, my dad just kind of started doing it when I was a kid and I kept up when I moved out. If all someone knows about prepping is what they have seen on TV and even here they don't know a thing about what the prepper lifestyle and community is really like. If They call off work tomorrow I'll make a bunch of TL;DR posts ITT.
I'll do my best to give an honest crash course if I can on no bullshit preparations everyone should be doing.

>>774209
OH FFS, this guy again

Do you have the slightest clue whats going on in Venezuela right now? The socialists fucked everything up so bad HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people are starving to death. Their supply chain has come to a complete halt.
ALL the food stores are completely empty. The power is rationeds to less than 12 hours a day most everywhere. The hospitals have NO MEDS to treat infections, people are dying in the streets and being left to rot so the pandemic diseases that come with that are right around the corner with summer just starting . Just ten years ago they had the strongest fucking economy around and now it's hell on earth.

Wake the fuck up. The shit is hitting that fan all over the place and even the US can tank. What is going to happen in our twenty largest cities when the food trucks stop their never ending resupplies? . Stop pretending it can never happen anon.

I agree with the really stupid shit that gets viral but don't ever say we're all going to live happily ever after cause the water has been at a slow rolling boil for a while now.
>>
>>773138
Id say the biggest factor is where you are when it happens.

In *ANY* major city(even if its not directly effected by whatever causes the 'even'[nuke, outbreak, etc...]) and you're prob. 95% fucked regardless how prepared you are.

If you're in a little rural town you're prob. okay regardless of how prepared you are for a few days, and beyond that, your preparedness comes into play.
>>
>>775008
Because it isn't a cool daydream in which they get to carry a gun everywhere and save qts from cannibal tribes.

Digging in and farming a best
>>
I love SHTF threads. Where I spend most of my time I wouldn't know anything had happened unless I turned on the radio, or called for supplies and got no answer.

My house is close to 63°N 162°W, so the zombies would have to go a long way to find me.
>>
>>773476
>barn 20 minute walk from the house
Jeez
>>
>>777170
>Once you get off the shelf
So stay close
>>
>>781891
>green energy
You know how I get my energy? Solar and wind.
I also have room for a garden and chickens.
>>
>>782096
>i reckon people in the country will be the best targets because they will choose to bug in
Because they bug in to their own house with their own garden and guns and well and...
Yeah , you'll have a lot to offer.
>>
>>782096
The big dicked bandits is the only reasonable clan name
>>
>>773138
>mfw the nearest city over 500 people is ~400 miles away
I think I'll be fine if civilisation collapses, at least until the Chinese invade Alaska. Then again, I'm far enough inland that they'll probably call it quits before they get to me.

The only hard part will be living without salt.
>>
>>773155
Some of us wouldn't survive very long without things like insulin, heart medication, et cetera.
>>
Visit local supermarket and buy some staple foods.
Sit at home until I run out of food and water or things get fixed.

Literally how EVERY scenario would play out.
>>
>>785777
I'm sorry about your illness
>>
>>789984
Cannibalizing your foes is perfectly reasonable, leaving them to rot is just a waste. However if we are talking about murderous cannibalism then that's bad.
>>
>>773135
i used to gave a GOOD bag when i lived in a city area (ca bay area) but i moved to the mountains and dont anymore. i have guns and cars, and know the general direction i would drive.
>>
>>773135
Hide in the woods between Russia and Americas proxy Western Europe? There is a reason Poland is fucked up. Any event that causes desperation and weakness will be seized upon. Iceland, Norway, go north.
>>
>>793269
western europe is now full of people who behave like barbarians while society still functioned, imagine them during the collapse.
Sweden might be even worse.

Iceland might work though
>>
>>792254
It was for a small tobacco patch or something, long ago.
>>
>>773344
That's a horrible plan.
>>
Having one fixed plan to deal with SHTF will probably mean failure. If your strategy is to hunker down, maybe your house will get flattened by a natural disaster. My uncle lives in northern Alberta and had to evacuate with only 10-15 minute's notice when the wildfire swept through. "Bugging in" wasn't an option, as is the case in many natural disasters.

He didn't have any preparation whatsoever. He just had whatever was in his work truck and the clothes on his back. His wife piled the kids and whatever they could grab in a few minutes into their other vehicle and was able to get out ahead of him. They weren't even able to find each other until the next day.

So SHTF might not be nukes flying, or plagues, or zombies, or whatever else you see in movies. Might just be as simple as mother nature deciding to fuck your shit up.

What could've helped him would've been an "oh shit kit" in his truck with a couple bottles of water, some granola bars or an MRE, a change of clothes & basic toiletries, and a USB thumbdrive full of scans of important documents. Another good idea would've been to have a rally point arranged with his wife where they'd know to find each other if they got separated.

Some natural disasters might force you to flee if your strategy is to stay, like wildfires or floods, and other natural disasters might force you to stay if your strategy was to flee, like a blizzard that blocks all roads. I think the best way to live your life prepared for SHTF is not to have entomb yourself in an ammo fort with 4000 #10 cans of beans, but to make small changes to your lifestyle to maximize your ability to adapt to the unexpected. As well, of course, of paying attention to the world around you such that there is less 'unexpected' in the first place.
>>
I would meet up with some friends and stay together. probably the best you could do is a group of up to 12 people. you should manage to get enough food for such a small group and it's much safer to defend/raid. I don't have to be a leader. the safety of the group is good enough.
>>
>>795617
12 is a good number. Infantry squads/sections are anywhere from 6-12, depending on unit and country. Doing extended dismounted ops with fewer than 6 people sucks. It's really difficult to have a sleeping rotation that doesn't leave you completely exhausted. With six you can have two men up for two hours, with the other four sleep. Anything less than that and you're compromising both security and sleep. One man alone can't be relied upon to stay awake for two hours at night while exhausted after a day's patrol. So you either have to pair him with a buddy, or cut his awake time to one hour. Either way eats into your total sleep as the rotation continues.

I've done dismounted ops in four man dets and you're basically not getting any sleep. Not something you can keep doing for more than 48 hours.

12 is good because you can have six men doing patrol around your compound/farm/whatever, while the other six actually work. Most stable situation would be six couples. You'd want a piece of land large enough to grow veggies and grain for a dozen adults plus kids, maybe a couple of chickens, etc, but small enough to have a reasonable chance at defending.
>>
>>773138
Says the guy without any plan.
>>
>>792384
You shouldn't survive that in the first place. Eradication of faulty genes should be a priority. Healthcare is too good.
>>
I'll just suck dick for supplies. How long do you think I could last?
>>
>>773390
I've always wondered if those with uninhabited bug out locations took the time to hide their stash, and maybe installed a way to encourage squatters to move out?
Ref: (Spoiler Alert) "Lucifer's Hammer", Tim's cabin stolen by the caretaker and family.
>>
>>775008
because most of these assholes think that shtf = stalker/fallout IRL.
>>
>>795755
The best way to encourage squatters to GTFO in such a situation is probably just to kill them. Lazy thieving fucks probably won't have any security at night.
>>
>>792384
This, I need daily medication to live. I depend entirely on big pharma to live. I am married to this burning world, I don't have the luxury of entertaining apocalyptic fantasies.
>>
>>773145
1. Get a strong and flexible piece of wood.
2. Sharpen one or both ends. (I suggest both)
3. Harden the point(s) over the fire.
4. Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 spears.
Learn to brace spears. The second point helps a little with bracing. I've done this when bear and boar are thick in the area. I've never had to use them though. Make absolutely sure the wood you use is very strong and flexible. Or you can bring a gun. Can't help you out with the part about being a pussy though.
>>
>>773151
That's almost my plan. If/when SHTF, I'm just going to buy all the heroin I can and OD. I don't want to deal with a collaspe of civilization, I like my cable and AC too much.
>>
>>773135
If SHTF I'd start a trading caravan. I live in the Salt Lake Valley so the Mormons will probably take over. Get a contract with them to move goods around the US. I'll take my 30-06 for hunting, and 45 and/or shotgun for self defence. Although I can imagine the Mormons outfitting their caravans with better weapons. Starting a caravan for the new State of Deseret sounds like my best bet.
>>
>>796597
Great shit, tripfag, no one cares
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>796613
Thanks for acknowledging me ;^)
>>
>>775008

Farming is a peacetime activity, it's difficult to plant or harvest when people are trying to kill you and take everything you have, to farm first you have to survive, then you can plant.

Unless you have one of those underground solar-powered aquaponic grow beds set up on a underground spring, then you can farm anytime.

>>774228

Interesting you should say that, since Israel is one of the leaders in aquaponic farming, but yeah, nukes would tend to fuck shit up.

We could always colonize the seafloor, it would be easier than trying to get to outer space.
>>
>>795712
Depends on your technique, you should practice that skill now, if you're good enough at it you can get by on that alone, even now.
>>
>>782005

He means while the gibmedats get thinned out.
>>
>>773135
>plan to drive to eastern europe. and hide in the woods.
Good luck getting rekt by Slav militias.
>>
I live on 30 miles outside of a small mountain town (2500 population) in an even smaller community / village (~30 population, sparse cabins). My entire life is already a "bug out" ... I have a fish bearing river that runs through my property, as well as a large garden and green house in the backyard. Everyone here is mostly offgrid and grows weed and vegetables. We all hunt and own guns. Life would mostly continue as I know it, only I wouldn't have internet access anymore.

The main thing I am concerned about if a SHTF scenario ever occurs is all you city retards coming out here into our woods. I'm only 4 or 5 hours from a major city, and I bet people would be flooding throughout the logging roads looking for a cabin on a lake to raid and stay in.

Do I just start shooting on-sight?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.