[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low Heat Tolerance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

Am I the only one that can't stand warm weather? I'm curious as to whether people with this problem are just unlucky or if it gets better with time as you get more used to it.
>>
>>768292

Same problem here, man. Glad I'm in Scandinavia, I'd prolly die in warmer places.
>>
>>768292
Could be a number of issues. Are you properly hydrated? Poor physical shape? Overweight? Smoker? History of medical conditions or do you have any? How about your clothing? Breathable fabrics in extreme conditions can make or break you. Those all can be factors in why you're like that. Also if you work in an AC cooled building and you go out in to a 90+ degree area with high humidity it's a shock to your system. Keep yourself hydrated and make sure you rest enough so fatigue isn't an issue. If things persist to where it absolutely ruins your experience outside, see a doctor.
>>
Hiking in warm weather sucks. Period.
>>
>>768292
Over 75F and over 75% humidity and I turn into an asshole. I wear shorts all winter. Northeast US coast. Cooler in the summer but the humidity sucks. Ocean breeze...
>>
>>768292
I have the opposite, I just can't stand cold weather. Even with really warm clothes I always feel like shit, my eyes hurt and I feel dizzy all the time.
>>
>>768292

Know that feel bro. Any significant heat and I swear like a FUCKING pig. I'm not fat, just unlucky. Moved to the mountains though so took care of that.

My dad is one of those assjoles who plays tennis in 100 degree weather and doesn't sweat at all.

I don't give a fuck though, I love the mountains so all the non-sweat fagets can go fuck themselves for all I care

Get REKT niggers!
>>
>>768292
You're not the only one, but you do acclimatize.
>>
>>768348
This. First few weeks of summer is always a bitch for me but it's no big deal after a while. Hydrate hydrate hydrate hydrate and hydrate.
>>
>>768327
same here, Also whenver i wear warm clothes, i just start to feel too hot in my torso but too cold in my extremities. Maybe I'm just too used to hiking in the desert though.
>>
>>768292
I can't handle dry heat, more tropical climates with high humidity i have no problems with.
Had 32 degrees Celsius on my balcony a few days ago, not usual for this time of year in Sweden.
Thought i was gonna die, there is no AC in my apartment so just have to try and keep all windows closed and covered so you don't let the sun in.
>>
>>768327
>>768408
+1

worst is cold wind blowing into my ears. even just if it's kinda cool like at the beach. gives me a terrible headache. like an ice cream headache except my whole skull and not just my forehead.
>>
>>768292
Snowfag here and I hate remotely warm weather. People don't get it at college because I'm the only one who wants to do anything outside in the cold weather, but refuses to go outside when it's warmer than room temp.

Idk man, I just fucking hate warm weather. Wish I could move up more north, but thankfully where I'm moving they get like an extra month of snow from where I live, and a hell of a lot more rain.
>>
>>768292
It's all about what kind of shape you're in. If you can't breath well, are carrying insulating layers of fat and don't keep hydrated, you're going to get rekt by the heat.

You also just have to practice putting up with it, keep the sun off your skin and grow a pair.
>>
>>768292
You can get used to it. How you dress also makes a difference. I often wear an undershirt for CCW, and that does make cooling down a lot less efficient when it's hot out. It's great in the winter though.
>>
>>768306
Sensable, well-thouth-out advice on muh /out/? Well, damn...
>>
>>768451
I do what I can.
>>
>>768292

I love dry cold, and I really enjoy working in extremely hot and dry weather. Unfortunately I live in northern Indiana, so it's always damp/humid.

>tfw stacking hay when it's 100F and 99% humidity
>>
>>768292
do you start panicking? thats just your humours acting up from the heat. a change of diet and climatization will correct your response
>>
>>768292
>wear glasses
>bend over
>sweat drips on glasses
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

I live in southeast Texas. It never bothered me when I was 20 but now I'm 36 and starting to feel it.
>>
>>768292
It's just acclimation. I live in Chicago so i can comfortably go for a jog with shorts and a t shirt when its 35 farenheit but at 85 i dont even like to be outside
>>
>>768292
I'm not too fond of hot weather (hot weather at altitude > "dry" heat >>>>>> hot and humid), but sunlight is what really messes me up. If I'm somewhere like southern California, I find myself squinting all the time no matter what sunglasses I wear and on top of that I burn very easily in the sun. God damn am I thankful that I'm a native Coloradan; I can't really explain it beyond "the air is thin" but it feels like the sunlight isn't as punishing as it is in other places and there's always at least the potential for a cool breeze no matter how hot it gets.

Cold and dry at high altitude > Cold and dry >> cold and wet >> hot and dry >>>> hot and wet
>>
Best thing for me is to be with people and/or doing something. Distracts you.
>>
>>768306
>Poor physical state

Most people in poor condition actually tend to like warm weather because their circulation is shit. They wear jackets and scarfs all the time, even indoors.

I notice fit people in general are likely the last to complain it's cold somewhere. More likely the opposite.

Used to be a pain during highschool where people would complain about me opening the windows for some fresh air. It's pathetic.
>>
>>768292
Heatfag Protip: Don't eat too much in the morning, especially a shit ton of carbs, otherwise you're just going to be miserable.
>>
>>768327
Yeah ,am, native Floridian here. I went on a kick ass trip to Alaska a couple weeks ago and got sick halfway through.... while we were hiking I was alright, but chilled off pretty quick once we stopped.
>>
>>768292
It gets better bro, I'm 100% undiluted snownigger and have recently gotten totally acclimatized to hot weather, despite dying every time it was above ~12 celsius before

pieurheimat.ytmnd.com
>>
>>769088
God damn; it's like I'm really back in 2006.
>>
>>768292
It's biological. Northern Europeans tolerate cool weather better and niggers tolerate hot weather better.
>>
>>768341

I love you (nohomo)
>>
>>768292
I used have trouble when it gets high 80's and high humidity. I need lots of water and sometimes I'll use a damp wash cloth to cool my head and neck.
I somehow managed to ride in almost 90 F heat in full gear and did ok. I stayed hydrated, took breaks and had well ventilated gear.
You can build up a tolerance to heat as well.
Just know your limits, drink lots of water and have some sort of electrolyte drink such as Gatoradeā„¢
>>
I grew up in Dubai. 125f was the hottest it got.
Now I am older I hate anything over 73. I have a skitz metabolism.
>>
It drives me out of my goddamn mind. I hate the summer. Nothing but fucking hornets and heat when it comes around. I want fall and spring back.

I'll take slick roads and snow over this shit any day. You know you have northern genetics when anything above 70F is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>769511

>Dubai

I couldn't live in a place where your throat becomes parched just from walking outside. I don't know how anyone lives in places like that.
>>
>>769067
Your theory is flawed in so many ways...

People who complain its cold and are over weight most likely have a thyroid problem or are diabetic. Also theres something called wilson's syndrome that causes a person to have a lower body tempature then normal. You also have anemia.. And people with lower then normal blood pressure. Also people who are natrually underweight also can suffer from being too cold while indoors in AC conditions. But unlike the OP these people tend to be more okay in warmar environments.

I personally have Wilson's syndrom/thalassemia/low blood pressure. And I can feel cold when its like 80 degrees or lower outside. But I have to be careful because I've gotten heat stroke twice in my life because I was wearing long sleeves and my body was fooling my brain until it was too late. Horrible and very scary feeling.
>>
>>769511
>125f
No wonder you faggots blow yourselves up.
>>
One time I went on holidays on Zanzibar island, east of Tanzania (pretty much middle of Africa by lattitude) and as soon as we were checked in our hotel room I stayed for 6 hours staight under the shower - couldn't move, couldn't even lay on the bed, couldn't do anything but sitting in the shower.
Thermic chock.
>>
>>769564
forgot to add it took me like 3 days to adapt to the heat, and be able to be function like my normal self.
>>
>>769559
>People who complain its cold and are over weight most likely have a thyroid problem or are diabetic. Also theres something called wilson's syndrome that causes a person to have a lower body tempature then normal. You also have anemia.. And people with lower then normal blood pressure. Also people who are natrually underweight also can suffer from being too cold while indoors in AC conditions. But unlike the OP these people tend to be more okay in warmar environments.

these are actually and generally symptoms of poor fitness and nutrition. despite whatever enabling terms you give them to make you seem inculpable
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 340x255px
>>768292
Are you sebacean?
>>
>>769573
Kys
>>
>>768292
I sweat like a fish from 27 degree c weather
>>
>>769583
>i have a thyroid problem waaaaaa

i actually wondered if i shouldve posted that at all, because hypertensive people like yourself are usually the most violent
>>
>>769583
must be the cornered rat response of weak people
>>
Hate the heat, hate the sun. Medical reasons to stay out of the sun too. Ugh. Sun is stupid.

Hiking in river valleys way up in the mountains is the best. Stays nice and cool and shady year round. No sunburn, don't feel like total shit, stay nice and cool.

You'll still sweat. Those mountain trails can be killer. But you're not going to feel like you're dying either.
>>
Probably just what you're used to desu, I fucking love cold weather, 0C is comfiest. But when it's about 25 or more I sweat like made and I'm uncomfortable, about 30C and I start feeling ill.

I get used to it over time though, so the first few days of heat are normally shit. But English summers are so rubbish normally that it's just a few days of heat and that's it for the summer.

Not fat, don't smoke, fit etc too.
>>
>>769573
Not everybody has the time or genetics to be a big dense beast. Just take a look at women.
You are right though.

Also humans originated from warm climates and can naturally cope better with those.
>>
>>769561
im not a sand nigger, I am Aussie. I was actually across the road from a massive LPG explosion one day because of Gasleak/sandnigger with a ciggy. I was on the third floor of my apartment, and the shop went, our windows went, i fucking almost shat myself.
Sand nigger dead, and 4 curries. Good times.

>>769544
It's not dry heat, normally 60% sometimes 100%.

Our aircon for our villa was so big it had man holes and you could stand up inside it lmao.
>>
>>768292
Same. I can't stand being active in anything over 70F and hot weather + humidity makes me want to board myself inside my house with the AC on.

When it's cold out I can wear short sleeved t shirts and shorts comfortably, too.
>>
>>769776
>Medical reasons to stay out of the sun too.

Since when is being a ginger a medical condition :^)

>>769903
>Gasleak/sandnigger with a ciggy.

The stupidity of people confounds me. Was this is Aussieland?
>>
>>768292
I have no cold tolerance, I spend all winter dreaming of Florida and can't understand how some people willingly live even further North and go on ski vacations in the winter instead of someplace warm.

Heat, tho? I love heat, I don't even have an AC in my room, just a ceiling fan.
>>
>>768292

I suspect that you don'thave a heat problem.
It's probably more a humidity problem.
I have no problem hiking 100F in the desert Southwest with just 5 or 10% humidity.

I have trouble just sitting beside my brother's pool in Houston when it's 90F with 90% humidity.
>>
>>769079
This would actually explain a lot.

Are you some French Croissant + cig guy?
>>
>>769568
What couldn't you do during those three days then?
>>
>>768292
I had the same problem OP. Wear thin merino wool. It block pretty much all the UV, and keeps you nice and chill even in crazy hot weather.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.