[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to solve the lightnings problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Sad_60c41e_5431597.png (50KB, 675x547px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_60c41e_5431597.png
50KB, 675x547px
Here, a few days ago, a hiker has been killed by a lightning

How do you defend from lightnings?
Have you ever been struck by one?

I feel too scared to leave my home now
>>
>>768047
During thunderstorms I climb to the top of hills, don wet copper armour, shake my fist at the sky and yell "All Gods are bastards!!"

Never been hit yet.
>>
>>768086
Actually if you covered yourself in a copper mesh you'd be safe from lightning.
>>
File: 9869953.jpg (101KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9869953.jpg
101KB, 500x375px
>>768047
How about, don't go hiking in thunder storms
>>
>>768047
you are afraid of what?
that's even dumber than being afraid of ticks
>>
>>768047
bug spray mate.
>>
>>768105
>that's even dumber than being afraid of ticks
are you literally clinically retarded?
>>
>>768094
No, because the copper would get very hot and you´d probably suffer pretty serious burns. Dunno about armour. With full plate and proper beneath padding it might even work.
>>
>>768133
No it wouldn't actually. Farriday cage and all that.
>>
>>768136
An average bolt of negative lightning carries an electric current of 30,000 amperes (30 kA), and transfers 15 coulombs of electric charge and 500 megajoules of energy. Large bolts of lightning can carry up to 120 kA and 350 coulombs.

Bruh... the copper would have to be really fucking thick because 11.684mm of copper wire can take 380amps. You would be encased in a tomb of molten copper and bake to death within seconds. Would be a rad statue tho
>>
>>768136
>>768133
>>768142

>>>/sci/

thanks
>>
>How do you defend from lightnings?
defend from? what are you? weak?
do you not recognize the presence of Thor? are you scared of his power? or will you prove yurself
>>
>>768086
You make Thor laugh so he doesn't smite you.
>>
>>768047
Meteorologist here. Read the forecast. If there's a chance of a storm, avoid open areas.

Maybe just stay home and shitpost on storm days instead?
>>
just wear rubber boots
>>
>>768169
>anon stays home and shitposts in storm days
>too poor to afford a surge protector
>computer gets fried, sets off a secondary explosion from OPs fermenting piss and jizz bottles
>OP is killed in the blast

Good going asshole
>>
>>768142
You could have just said 1.21 jigawatts.
>>
>>768144
Science denial belongs on >>>/x/ or >>>/pol/
>>
>>768047
>How to solve the lightnings problem?
You can't. When it's your time to go, you go.
>>
>>768136
this is what popsci gets you. unactionable information
>>
>>768047
How many crying cats you have in that sad folder of yours? Are you saving the best one for something special? Describe scenario and we'll make it happen
>>
File: zeus-06.jpg (141KB, 1044x768px) Image search: [Google]
zeus-06.jpg
141KB, 1044x768px
>>768086
>During thunderstorms I climb to the top of hills, don wet copper armour, shake my fist at the sky and yell "All Gods are bastards!!"

Thankfully you've never invoked Zeus's name specifically so you've avoided his wrath.
>>
>>768047

>he doesn't bodyslam Thor
>>
idk..just walk real fast or something bruh
>>
if you are really concerned about lightning you should first find the lowest piece of dry land and assume the lightning position, squat down with your feet together the biggest threat from a lightning strike is lightning striking nearby. The voltage drop from one foot to the other can kill just the same as a direct hit.
>>
>>768846
Actually, you'll want to squat on your tippy toes (balls of each foot) with your heels touching...
>>
I've wondered how hard it would be to design a tent that's also a faraday cage. Can't you just rig it with a bunch of wire and get a small rubber pad to stand on or something?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.