[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

forest fires-Angeles NF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: fire.jpg (58KB, 615x354px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
58KB, 615x354px
went hiking this past weekend to one of the many trails in Angeles NF. As i drove past Mt. Wilson i see smoke on the side of road and suddenly realize its a fucking forest fire. Didn't hesitate to look for a turn out i stopped in the middle of the highway and emptied out my 3 liters of my only drinking water. As i ran to put the fire out there was another guy trying to put it out by throwing dirt on it, fire was just getting bigger. the fire was spreading fast, if i would have drove back to park properly the forest would be burned by now. i feel like a fucking hero and i saved the fucking forest; should they have a monument for me out there? or at least name a trail after me? jokes aside. what to do if caught by a forest fire near trails? any of you have personal experiences with forest fires?

me, i feel like i own that forest now,also fire season coming to CA soon. you might catch me out there putting those suckers before they get any bigger.
>>
forgot to mention, I was only left with the water in my bottle only. I decided to go for the hike but limit my water consumption, to my surprise once i got to my destination there was water flowing from one of the caves. I saved the forest and the forest returned the favor.
>>
>>767336
>what to do if caught by a forest fire near trails?
Get the fuck away from it, as fast as possible.
There are professionals who handle these types of things, better let them do it.
Unless we are talking a very small fire not much more than 2-3 meters in diameter, then i might try to put it out, but only if i have a safe escape route like a road or something nearby that i can use if it starts spreading too quickly.

I have once tried to put out a fire in a dry forest and it was just barely i got away from it without getting burned, if my friend had not showed up with a few buckets of water it could have ended badly, it was spreading a lot quicker than i could put it out by beating it with spruce branches.

People that throw lit cigarette butts in the forest should be shot.
>>
File: muhbushcraft.jpg (281KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
muhbushcraft.jpg
281KB, 1024x768px
>2010
>hiking out of King’s Canyon after 1 wk trip
>camp one day’s walk from trailhead
>noisy millennials camping nearby
>kids cutting wood, “bushcrafting”, have multiple fires
>wandering around with flaming sticks and embers
>next morning they hike further up the trail, we hike out
>see smoke coming from log near their campsite (pic)
>dump water on it
>>
>>767391
>>767397
suddenly i dont feel so special guys, hahaha. we should have some sort of patch to identify us unsung heroes. where's that guy that makes patches?
>>
>>767466
>>767397
This is an everyday occurrence here in Bc from about may-september. You really haven't lived till you have been on a bucket brigade
>>
>>767336
>>767342
>>767466

Stop trying so hard to troll, nigga
>>
>>768307
not a negro, also not a troll. true story
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.