[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good campsite security?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

I like doing most of my /out/ related things by myself for obvious reasons. For the most part I take my dog with me, but if I'm ever camping alone, how can I ensure that no one's gonna wonder upon my campsite and fuck with me when I'm sleeping?

>Inb4 paranoid
>I've had shitty drunk hicks sneak up on my friend and I's campsite once and tried fucking with our shit. We didn't hear them until they were close enough that we could hear them giggling.

I just recently thought about using these. They're C02 powered sound grenades that you can hook to a tripwire of desired length. I used to airsoft a lot in my younger years and thought these might be good to line the perimeter of my camp with.

>Some fucker sneaks up on camp for whatever intent
>Tsssssss BOOM
>Wakes me up and gives me time to figure out what the fuck's going on, possibly scaring off whatever animal/fuckwit.
>>
File: 51JiDDJnaHL._SX355_.jpg (26KB, 355x324px) Image search: [Google]
51JiDDJnaHL._SX355_.jpg
26KB, 355x324px
22 blank trip devices are better
>>
>>764053

the kind of people who camp a lot are also the kind of people who have guns.

fucking with people you don't know who are camping is a baaad idea
>>
Sounds like pretty harmless suggestions, good on you bros
>>
>>764057
Are these a concerning factor when in dry climates? As in the .22 blank igniting dry grass by accident?
>>764061
I too carry a gun. But that doesn't keep them from fucking with you if they don't know.
>>
You're going to wake up in the middle of the night in a panic when a raccoon trips your alarm.
>>
>>764057
you shouldnt escalate a situation into ballistics, because while you were just trying to scare him, he now thinks hes under fire and wont be shooting blank at you. you can buy battery powered magnetic door trip burglar alarms at the dollar store. connect a string to the circuit break and youll have audible warnings without the escalation. putting leaves on entrances is also a sound alarm
>>
>>764089

are you serious?
>>
>>764093
i cant say for certain. although i can say for certain that im not a pussyboy that speaks in ambiguities.

>like omg, are u for realsies?
>>
>>764097

What are the ambiguities?
>>
>>764104
am i serious about what? answer your own fucking question you fucking femme
>>
>>764119

Are you serious about your comment >>764089
? You keep calling names like you're upset.
>>
>>764127
yes im fucking serious and yes im fucking upset. did nobody teach you to converse like a human or are you that fucking autistic? keep it to yourself next time instead of stuttering nonsenses
>>
Set up a dummy camp and sleep in a tree stand.
>>
>ITT muricans being muricans
Nam is over you cunts.
>>
>>764168
its because of nam that americans are like this
>>
>>764162

what's the stuttered nonsense?
>>
>>764172
what was it in my post that confused you?
>>
>>764175

the converse like a human part and the stuttering nonsense
>>
>>764176
my initial post, what was it that left you wondrous?
>>
>>764177

Which one is your initial post?
>>
>>764178
what was the first post in this thread that you responded to?
>>
>>764179

>>764053
>>
>>764180
what was the second
>>
>>764182

take a guess
>>
>>764182
the one you answered with your question, are you even paying attention?
>>
>>764053
I don't worry about it that much because everybody here knows that sneaking up on a stranger's camp site is a good way to get your face shot off. If I'm going to approach somebody else's camp site, I make sure I'm not sneaking for this very reason.
>>
>>764185
>>764187
you are the same person? please be a bit more precise. which post do you think is my initial post. if you are not sure, take a guess
>>
Not sleeping?
>>
File: 1462000611706.jpg (108KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
1462000611706.jpg
108KB, 784x708px
>>764168
You know how uneducated you sound when you call people cunts right? Like, it instantly tells me I am speaking with eurotrash.
>>
>>764202
>Like
I instantlly assume that I'm speaking with somebody with lack of vocabulary and father issues, because things are not defined, they are similar to other things, or situations for that matter. But then I remember that I'm in 4keks, and that english is not my first language, and that is not even a proper language but just the lingua franca.
>>
>>764213
>not even a proper language
English is objectively the best language in the world, with the largest vocabulary, largely because of its flexibilty and ability to absorb words from other languages. That's why it's so successful globally, and why anglophones tend not to learn other languages - there's no need to.
>>
File: Congo-SmartgunA.jpg (254KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Congo-SmartgunA.jpg
254KB, 700x394px
in case of innawoods chimpouts
>>
>>764080

This
>>
>>764202
>call people cunts
Aussie more likely than not. Britbong would be 2nd guess.
Not sure why Americans, especially women, get all in an uproar. It's just a word.
>>
>Enjoying peaceful sleep
>Squirrel sets off my claymore
>Hide in my sleeping bag like a beta

/out/
>>
File: i_love_animals.png (39KB, 629x238px) Image search: [Google]
i_love_animals.png
39KB, 629x238px
>>764371
I, too, love this board.
>>
>>764053
1 dog
>>
>>764080
This
If OP camped away from the trailhead/parking lot there wouldn't be any drunk hicks fucking with him
>>
>>764260
>there's no need to
I can tell you haven't travelled that much anon
>>
>>764202
>everyone who isn't american is european

while I wouldn't mind, that simply isn't true
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.