[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SAS/ - Swimming & Aquadic Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1432177711088.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1432177711088.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
Summer is coming, this means swimming inna-wood. Share river/lake/creek stories or experiences. Anything related to physically being in the water or interacting with lakes/rivers/streams/springs/swamps/etc.

Fishing stories / experiences belong in the Fishing & Tackle Thread.
>>
I'm a pretty skilled swimmer so no stories to tell.
>>
There was a river near me I used to swim in when I was 10 or 12, real choppy area, i remember jumping in and being carried down the river hitting every single rock on the way, it was fun, but nothing dangerous, I was a young child at the time and could handle it. Recently some swimmer died in that same area of the river, he was in his twenties.
Sometimes its hard to believe fairly harmless waters can be fatal, but it happens, a lot more than you think.
>>
The ocean is still the best. I don't mind a nice river swim but nothing is like the raw power of the ocean. I used to live in Hawaii and while I was there I did two 2.4 mile swims, on on the North Shore and the other one across Waikiki. Also did several shorter ones.

The ocean is the best.
>>
>>762141
Sometimes I forget theres places in this world that things wont chomp off your toes. Or rip off legs/arms or fucking jump out of trees at you. And no im not a ausfag. Florida hell of a place.
>>
>>762292
>Florida hell of a place
this
I don't like to swim somewhere that hasn't been made a designated spot.
too many water monsters that can fuck your shit up senpai
>>
>>762141

This happened recently, still kekking about it

>Be me
>At local national park with a big lake
>Picked out a sweet spot, just need to grab some water
>Head down to the lake
>Wide belt of thick vegetation, seaweed and mud at shore, can't get clear access to the water without getting in the lake
>Tie paracord around water bottle as tether, throw bottle in lake
>GENIUS.jpg
>nopelol bottle too light, just floats
>Tie bottle to walking stick, try again
>doublenopelol still too light
>goddamnit
>Try throwing again, lose grip on tether, whole thing goes in the lake
>FUUUUUUU
>screw it, nobody's around
>strip naked and jump in
>fill bottle, make way back to shore
>get bogged down in vegetation and seaweed near shore
>entire body wrapped in this shit

At this point, two middle aged female bushwalkers stop on the trail just near the point where I was. Evidently they'd spotted my shit floating in the lake but couldn't see me stuck in the fucking weeds.

>Ugh look at that, typical, people littering up this gorgeous place
>I knooooooww. It's just so inconsiderate to people like us who actually *enjoy* nature
>rolling my eyes so hard they're doing backflips
>Waiting for them to leave so I can get out and get my clothes back on
>Wait I have a better idea
>silently make my way as close to the shore as I can
>Drape some extra weeds and shit over my head
>natural ghillie suit tee hee
>All of a sudden, launch myself out of the lake as fast as I can and
>WHAAAARHGLHEHGLLELELSHALHAHALHFLAHLALFHLHLHWLHFLH
>Both scream and freak out like fuck
>Can't help but kek while I'm making my sea monster noise
>They literally run away, freaked out as fuck
>Kekking so hard I'm bent double

After they pissed off I cleaned myself off and got dressed. Thought I'd seen the last of them but it turns out the spot I chosen to set up camp had a good vantage point of where this all happened.
>>
>>766243

About an hour later they come back with some kind of official looking park ranger or some shit

It's pretty quiet so I hear some of the conversation. Obviously they'd worked out what happened and that it wasn't a fucking sea monster, catch a few words
>pervert
>hiding
>ambush
>heart attack

kek
>>
File: 276120_1311937827911_500_281.jpg (74KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
276120_1311937827911_500_281.jpg
74KB, 500x281px
>>762141
>Aquadick
is that some new superhero spawn of 4chan?
>>
File: image.jpg (5MB, 4003x3008px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5MB, 4003x3008px
I went kayaking yesterday and fell off a cliff while portaging the boat around a beaver dam rolling my foot pretty badly. My ankle looks like I'm smuggling a tennis ball under my skin.

I had fun though!
>>
>>762141
Like in Stand by Me

leeches
leeches on my balls
>>
>Hike 5 1/2 miles on trail to go to the best swimming hole I've ever been too
>waterfall about 30 feet up perfect cliff jump spot no sketchy rocks on bottom
>having fun with friend jumping off and climbing back up with the waterfall hitting us
>swimming around at the bottom chilling out
>climb out
>river snake decides he wants to come see what I'm up too
>slithers onto my hand, I didn't see him until it was too late
>>
>>766503

>river snake decides he wants to come see what I'm up to
>it was too late
>he'd already seen what I was up to
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I went swimming under a waterfall last weekend, it was the coldest I've been in my life. The water burned my skin for about 30 seconds and then I went totally numb to it, although I could still feeling it sap the heat from my body deep within. I got out after only a couple minutes because it was getting hard to move my limbs and I was afraid I was going to drown. I've been in that location before, but never that cold.

Pic related is not where I was but I've swam here too. Also quite cold, but fun.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.