[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who works at pic related anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: rei_logo_detail.png (10KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
rei_logo_detail.png
10KB, 1000x674px
Ask a guy who works at pic related anything
>>
>>761572
Recommend me a budget 1 person tent plox
>>
>>761581
https://www.rei.com/product/827809/rei-passage-1-tent the passage 1 could do your job

Or if your budget is bigger, the Quarter Dome 1 https://www.rei.com/product/862421/rei-quarter-dome-1-tent

I have a half dome, which is the same thing as the quarter dome just for two people. It works great and I haven't had an issue since I got it in 2009. I've even camped with it on Longs Peak.
>>
>>761584
Thanks
>>
>>761572
would it be ok to use patagonia acentionist for ultralight backpacking even though it has no water bottle holders on the outside or would i die
>>
How do you feel when someone comes in to your store to blatantly abuse the return policy?
>>
>>761572
Where do you work?
>>
>>761627
This.

Also, share retarded client stories.

Also, have you noticed any increase on the number of african americans buying from you?

Also, do the people that work at rei actually go /out/ or they just get sales speechs so they can inform the clients.
>>
>>761681

Those are the important questions that we really want to know, that no one whats to ask in person.
>>
How much % off gear do you get?
>>
Do you guys mark up items and then "price drop" them later on. I swear ive seen that so many times
>>
File: 1287165024059.jpg (195KB, 586x446px) Image search: [Google]
1287165024059.jpg
195KB, 586x446px
>>761627
>>761681
>>761702

Some say they're still waiting for OP
>>
Can you recc me a bivy that's lightweight, breathable, 4 seasons and easily packs small? I haven't had much experience with them, but it seems like a good solution
>>
>>761733
Had friends and family who worked there in the past, the discounts were generous for REI brand gear (like 50%) and while it was less for the non-brand items they carried it was a whole lot better than most places. They used to joke that before payday a lot of money left the company only to came back when everyone got their check/deposit. They also got free rentals back then, no idea if that's still a thing.
Really wouldn't want to work in their storefront where your value is determined by how many memberships in their pyramid scheme you sell but the warehouse jobs sounded good.
>>
>>761615
>>761627
>>761630
>>761681
>>761702
>>761733
>>761755
>>761810

Answer our questions OP or don't speak to us or our wives sons ever again!!!
>>
OP, why won't you answer us?!?!?!?!?!??1
>>
>>761572
Why is everything there overpriced as fuck? $320 Suunto Core ($30 back in monopoly money), $185 on Amazon
>>
>>762109
not him but a quick google search seems to show price revolves around what band it has. REI price looks to be MSRP
>>
Anyone here wanna have sex?
>>
File: c97.gif (149KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
c97.gif
149KB, 500x556px
>>762197
Always
>>
>>762234
A/S/L?
>>
>>762261
52/attack helicopter/the moon
>>
>>762261
44/?/REI parking lot
>>
Dear OP, did you die?
>>
Not OP but I also work there. I'll try to answer most your questions.
>>
>>761615
Other emoyee here.
Im assuming this is sarcasm, seeing as someone that knows enough about backpacking to want to start going UL would probably know that the most dense items in your pack(usually food and water) should be stored high in the pack and close to your back to better distribute the weight and keep your center of Gravity over your hips. So either way I wouldn't advise putting the water in a water bottle holder on the side of the pack for UL application.
>>
>>761627
It's not as bad as it used to be since we changed from lifetime returns to 365day returns. Honestly most of our customers are super cool genuine people that don't really abuse it in the first place, the ones that do abuse it only get so far before a manager shuts them down.
>>
>>761681
Not retarded but definitely awesome. I'm an ice climber myself and when I got a page over the radio that someone had ice climbing questions I was stoked. Come to find out a little man with a faux hawk and a huge soul patch wanted advice on how to turn his 70s Era missle silo into an underground indoor ice climbing facility. He gave me his business card and showed me pics of the silo on his website. Super cool. Not really noticed and increase in any specific demographic. Every single employee goes /out/. We all have our niches, like I'm a climber, I paddle whitewater and just started mountain biking. We have a couple people that have done whole AT. There's a guy doing the PCT right now. We have a geologist and two meteorologists as well. A lot of people have multiple jobs.
>>
>>762109
Overpriced is a relative term. Yes you will find many products for cheaper online. You will not however have a non commissioned based employee with expert knowledge and first hand experience that is genuinely interested in helping you get geared for whatever adventure you're going on giving you advice every step of the way.
>>
>>764210
>>764211
>>764212
>>764214
>Hey Fred, those kids at anonymous are pissed because some of their kind made a faux blog in that site they have. You are good at computers so go calm them down before they mess with the frontend. Offer 730 return if they get to hard on you
>>
File: twinkle-twinkle-davids-star.png (171KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
twinkle-twinkle-davids-star.png
171KB, 400x518px
>>761572
>hide all shill threads
>sage all shill threads
>spam all shill threads with merchants
>>
>>764219
Nah m8 I'm pretty cool if they are rei employees answering legit questions. We have real kikes like lilly/german dyke/jessica that are actually shilling and giving nothing in return but triggering our rage.
>>
>>764210
>>764211
Guys I'm looking for snowshoes that I can hike with for at least 3 days and can stand me and my 20kg pack. I'm 183/80 kilos. Would msr revo solve my problem or I'm forced to go full ray mears retard and make my own? I can't loose any weight btw I'm fit as fuck all muscle 3% body fat I look at the mirror and is like damn shredded af
>>
>>761572
I tried to get a job there but they turned me down.
>>
>>764396
They offered me $9/hr and I told them to fuck off.
>>
>>764226
How steep is the terrain you will be on that's a determining factor.
>>
>>764545
up to 40°
>>
>>764545
Cascade designs says the 25in revos are good for up to 100kg. If you go heavier you might want to get the tails.
>>
>>761810
To my knowledge the OR helium bivy is the lightest bivy currently on the market. At 19oz. The rei minimalist is lighter but it doesnt have pole system and isn't completely waterproof over the face.
>>
>>764219

The Jewth fairy

>>764223
Agree but who is dyke/jessica?
>>
Can someone advise me re solid / vs inflatable sleeping mats?

Full question is here: >>764405
>>
>>765147
Solid mat is bulkier and easier to set up but won't leak. Inflatable packs down smaller, but can leak. Bring a repair kit if you go with inflatable.
>>
>>765143
german dyke is lilly's gf. Jessica has to be the jessmuk guy
>>
>>765190

Comfort-wise I'm guessing that I'm better off with an inflatable?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.