[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping is ruined.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

File: 1462187274312.png (83KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
1462187274312.png
83KB, 790x773px
Guys I have a problem.

I cannot enjoy camping any more. I am an Ausfag, Queensland specifically, and no joke I don't want to go camping because I am afraid some park ranger is going to come wake me up and demand to see some kind of permit.

I don't want to camp at designated spots. Right now I just want to go to Bribie Island (just north of Brisbane) and camp out on the beach and observe the stars. I don't even want to light a fire. Just set up a tent on the beach. But fear of having some ranger come round and tell me to either go to a designated spot(read: crowded, bright, filled with assholes...basically defeating the point of camping) and pay, or pay a massive fine for just trying to enjoy the outdoors in my country.

Legit fucking oppressed.

Are there any Ausbros out there who have just gone for a sneaky beach camp and not had it ruined by gay cunt rangers?
>>
File: 1347771433517.jpg (973KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1347771433517.jpg
973KB, 1920x1080px
>>761016
I haven't been camping in this state for over a year and tonight is my perfect camping night but I cannot build up the courage to go out anywhere for fear of harassment from nosy people or rangers.
>>
>>761016
Sucks to be you. Beach camping is my favorite. Here in Texas it is legal to camp on any beach not inside a city limit for free at any rate time. I really don't know why more bums don't do it. I drive down to the coast and fish all the time and just sleep in the bed of my truck. Ocean, stars, fresh fish, fire pit in the sand, and enough beer to kill a horse.
>>
>>761040
I am often jealous of the Texan levels of freedom you enjoy. Australia very bad for going out and doing things. Literally everything is strictly regulated and policed. Think of any activity that isn't sitting inside watching Masterchef and paying taxes, and I will show you 50 different laws to fuck your shit up.
>>
Every damn time i go camping some asshole on an ATV or dirtbike shows up and starts shit even though I happen to actually own the property he is trespassing on.
>>
File: 1354705535713.gif (878KB, 301x240px) Image search: [Google]
1354705535713.gif
878KB, 301x240px
>>761044
>Every damn time i go camping some asshole on an ATV or dirtbike shows up and starts shit even though I happen to actually own the property he is trespassing on.
Yeah see I cannot handle this shit. What the fuck possess people to come up to others and harass them when they are doing something so peaceful as camping?
>>
>>761040
Texas sounds based.

BCfag here. I'm terrified that going innawoods is gonna net me a trespassing fine.
>>
>>761108
There are freer states than Texas. It's just that their winters suck and they don't have an ocean. Like wyoming.

But yea i fucking love my state. We regularly tell the feds to go fuck themselves. I get into all state parks for free and i get my hunting/fishing liscence free because I'm a veteran. I can keep as many loaded guns in my truck as i want since Texas extends castle doctrine to your vehicle. And you can even shoot them freely on texas state land that isn't a park.

I fucking love freedom.
>>
>>761136
What's the best old fashioned state? I'm tired of PC/liberal bullshit in Canada.
>>
>>761156
If you are already from the cold i would recommend wyoming utah idaho or the dakotas. Rural wisconson is ok.

Texas is based as fugg though and you are always welcome here canada bro. Like lyle lovett said: "that's right, you're not from Texas. But Texas wants you anyway."
>>
>>761165
I'm just tired, Texanbro. I've been living in rural BC all my life, and the Canada I know is being wiped away.

Now it's all jokes about our prime minister and curttailing to the isalmic extremists. Our minister of foreign affairs openly supports sharia law, man. Hell, he's affiliated with a known terrorist funding organization.

Excuse the /pol/ rambling. Hard to enjoy the beauty of my country right now.
>>
>>761173
No i feel you. Tredau and your whole government is a joie to people that pay attention to that kind of stuff. And most americans don't even realize that the "trump" southpark was making fun of him or even who he is.

Hey at this point the obambo admin is refusing to enforce immigration laws so make like the price is right and come on down.

Lol on that note i heard on the radio tonight that Texas in all its glory is about to enact border justice. Apparently there is precedence where two state agencies working together can enforce federal law. Up until niw it has only been used to enforce RICO to bring down organized crime. But Texas just set up a 4 state coalition to use state employees to enforce federal immigration law that obambo refuses to enforce.

GLORIOUS TEXAS!!!!!
>>
>>761179
That's long been my dream. Go on down to one of your southern states and find me a good 'ole southern belle.

Canadian women suck, man.
>>
>>761184
Well I won't lie to you most women are sluts. And there isn't an exception down here. But atleast our litterall whores are national heroes. Look up what the yellow rose of Texas actually refers to.
>>
>>761190
Trust me man, can't be as bad as they are here. Who do you think voted Trudeau in? Nothing but goddamn liberals.

Want me an old fashioned girl.
>>
>>761042

This is the biggest crock of bullshit I've ever heard on 4chan, anon. Stop spreading FUD about our glorious /out/ country.

I'm a Queenslandfag too and I can assure you that if you ever actually develop the balls to head /out/ without a permit you'll be completely fine and you might actually enjoy it as long as you don't do ridiculous things to draw attention to yourself / shit up the place.

You're saying you can't go /out/ because you're afraid, not because you've ever been caught or had consequences (which in reality are minor).

Don't attribute your own fucking pussyness to external factors, you're just a fraidy cunt

I've been camping in national parks around Brisbane and the Gold Coast every weekend for the last 6 weeks and have never seen a ranger once.
>>
>>761165
>Like lyle lovett said

Oh so I guess you guys are all cool with refugees from Syria and shit heading down there? Awesome!
>>
>>761016
just come live in NZ desu
>>
>>761016

the things you listed are only an issue if you car camp

go backpacking and all of that shit disappears

you don't actually wan't to go /out/, you just want to sleep next to your car. fuck off.
>>
>>761198
Texas is cool as fugg with refugees. Just register when you get here. We even don't mind the mexicans but the open border is a logistical problem especially with drugs.

If the federal government would end drug prohibition and welfare for immigrants then the border problem would go away. The reason the border problem exists is mainly because of drugs. The other part is propet up wages due to trade agreements and unions.

If we just made drugs legal then the mexican gangs would lose their power.
>>
File: putthebillyontoboil.jpg (398KB, 957x539px) Image search: [Google]
putthebillyontoboil.jpg
398KB, 957x539px
>>761016

Stop being a fag and evade the rangers, how?

Camp off the track or beaches without roads leading to them, and don't be a cunt.

You could even Kayak to beaches. And I know kayak's are around the $100 on Gumtree in QLD.

I live in Sydney, I only have access to the most popular national parks. Do I whimp out and pay for campsites? Fuck no they are full of dickheads.

Pic related, it's me having a post breaky cone
>>
File: 1365418348405.jpg (102KB, 453x553px) Image search: [Google]
1365418348405.jpg
102KB, 453x553px
>>761195
Oh I am quite open about the fact I am being a fraidy cunt. I just hate those interactions so much that it would completely ruin camping for me.

Sounds like you've lucked out. But to me having that chance of being harrassed in the back of my mind ruins the experience for me.

As for national pride, the fact is these laws exist. Just because you are happily ignoring them doesn't mean they aren't the law. Our reputation as an /out/ nation deserves to be hurt for having these laws.

However, you have buoyed my confidence. Have you ever gone camping on Bribie's beaches? Do you go /out/ and about there?
>>
>>761218
But it's still against the law and if a jew cunt ranger stumbles onto you he is going to ruin your fucking day.
>>
>>761240
Enjoy the mozzies. I grew up in noosa, slept on Sunshine beach a few times and fuck me the sand flies will eat you alive
>>
>>761240

>these laws

Which ones, and what are the fines? Go on, quote your sources instead of throwing up some scare-quote spectre of potential imagined consequences
>>
>>761240

You're throwing up a whole bunch of FUD and potentially putting people off going /out/ in one of the best /out/ places in the world, just because of your own fear.

Where there are laws, how much are they policed? You've never had a run in so you don't know! All of this is bullshit speculation.

Just QLD itself could fit a good sized chunk of Europe inside it. You think there are rangers patrolling every square inch of it 24/7?

Fuck you man and grow up
>>
>>761165
califag here, moving to washington soon. Something interesting about texas is the sheer amount of hate that the state gets where i'm from (bay area). Anything texas = bad, etc. So much hate on texas pride stuff. What's funny is that everyone seems blind to the cali pride thing, and how it's just all so hypocritical. At least all the texans i've met seem to be honest and somewhat tongue in cheek about the whole thing. Also texas is gorgeous and vast.
>>
>>761264
Hey and i love cali too. California has the best state park system i ever visited.

Look i know that cali types hate the texas pride. But that just makes us more proud.

We literally defeated a nation. Santa anna surendered to sam houston caked in mud and wearing a dress. You guys can laugh all you want as your governor welcomes mexicans while taking your guns.

Texas will gladly take you in when you decide you want freedom. Come on over calibro.

But yea the pridw rhing is mostly tongue in cheek. But really there are some things that Texans that know law and history are very proud of.
>>
>>761240
I rode my bike up the east coast of Oz in the mid 90s, camped out on the beach when I could including stealth camping in national parks and nobody bothered me, the only time I got caught was when a local out for a walk saw me making tea at a picnic table at dawn the next morning and assumed I must have spent the night, but I obviously wasn't making any mess or any trouble so nothing came of it. Also you don't necessarily need the tent in QLD's climate, which reduces your conspicuity.
>>
>>761259
>>761260
http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bribie-island/about.html

See:
>Camping permits are required and fees apply. Camping permits for all camp sites must be obtained before you set-up camp (there is no self-registration on site).
>On-the-spot fines apply for camping without a permit.
>>
File: 1459861174148.jpg (140KB, 589x489px) Image search: [Google]
1459861174148.jpg
140KB, 589x489px
>>761271
>nobody bothered me,
>the only time I got caught was when a local out for a walk saw me making tea at a picnic table at dawn the next morning and assumed I must have spent the night, but I obviously wasn't making any mess or any trouble so nothing came of it

So you were bothered then?
>>
>>761273
OP I don't think you understand how busy Bribie beach is. Why not just book a site?
>>
>>761275
I don't have a 4WD to get to these sites.
>>
>>761016
here it is legal to camp at one spot if it's not private property or a strictly protected natural area.

but you have to move every 2 days camping is heavy on the environment they don't want people to bum out in the woods. but as long as you keep moving and clean up after yourself you are free.
>>
>>761016
> australia
> population density: 2,8/km2
> coastline length: 66.530 km
> complaining
> not camping

> Belgium
> population density: 363,6/km2
> coastline length: 66,5 km
> literally 100x and 1000x as bad
> no such thing as camping permits, its just ILLIGAL
> complaining
> camping

Bitch
>>
File: Key.png (15KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Key.png
15KB, 600x400px
NSW south coast here

You say you don't have a 4WD, do you have a car though?
If so just go on google maps and park somewhere legal about 5kms from a private spot in the bush and you should be fine

story time - nothing too exciting
>I had a camp spot once that I went to all the time in highschool, I lived about a k from the beach.
>One day I was walking back from said beach along the road and suddenly had to piss
>I went up on the * area which looks as if nothing is there, just a small hill then a swamp
>But it turned out there was a good ~30meters of untouched woodland area before the swamp
>So I decided to camp there, I made the fire very large and checked from the road if it was visible, it wasn't
>Go camping there all the time (as stated), slowly building shelters and learning bushcraft
>Visit the spot one day to find that everything was destroyed, the rubbish I had stored there neatly was gone, never go back

Some ranger must have thought a deranged creep was living next to a swamp near the beach and probably perving on people
When in reality it was just some fucking highschool kid and sometimes his mates just dicking around lmao

So all in all I guess you're right about it being too strict here and it's lucky I wasn't there at the time
>>
>>761297
** is the swamp by the way
>>
>>761297
That is a cool story, bro. I enjoy it.

The general consensus here appears to be "just break the law, she'll be right m80". Which is great. But when ranger faggot is there beaking of at you at 6am it doesn't help much.
>>
>>761301
Thanks man, yes I agree but there is little you can do about it, would you like another similar, more thrilling story?

>Be me and 4 mates go camping at shitty legal camp spot
>This one was pretty secluded and hard to get to, which is key to a good spot btw
>First night, straya cunt, we all get on it and leave all our cans, bottles, goonies everywhere
>"Who cares we'll clean up when we leave"
>Next night, straya cunt, we all get on it and leave all our cans, bottles, goonies everywhere
>Only this time (rewind) we visited the people at the next camp spot, couple minute walk
>Help some guy move his dinghy in the river, illegally, rewarded with literal moonshine
>Straya cunt, drink the moonshine from the bearded man in the woods
>Actually we mixed it into goonshine and coke, didnt go down to well but fuck it
>Token stoner friend is rewarded with free weed
>Next day, going for a swim at 5/10 salt water river, too many mangroves but fuck it
>Whacked out looking guy in khaki shit walks up to us
>"Hey boys, I couldn't help but notice your campsite is very messy"
>"Aw yeah nah yeah nah yeah, don't worreeboutitmate"
>Gives us long high as fucking snoop dogg stare, guy's hair was a fucking mane
>"Yeah alright, have a good one"
>Clean all our shit up, as in put it in a big pile to take a photo of it
>Sketchy goanna sketching about our camp site
>Have these shrimp crackers, throw them at it
>Pounces on it immediately, doesn't even eat it, what a retard
>lightbulb.jpeg
>Throw another one about 2 meters closer to the drink pile
>Pounces on it immediately, doesn't even eat it, what a retard
>Do this until it I throw one at the pile of cans, bottles, goonies, etc.
>The fucking thing charges at it and bowls all the shit everywhere, freaks out and runs off
>My mate happened to record the incident, piss our selves laughing at it for days

I will dig around and webm it, it was fucking priceless
>>
OP, you realise that SEQ is one of the most heavily populated places in Australia? If you go ANYWHERE with a population this large, you're gonna have shitty experiences. I live on the Gold Coast and I'll often camp in areas less than 40km from the CBD and never have to deal with anyone else. You have to be smart about it. Pick a large national park, walk off trail for a km or two and set up camp. If you go 5 hours north, west or south and are smart about where you camp (ie- away from large population centres) I guarantee that you will get the privacy that you want.

Australia is actually very, very sparsely populated once you move away from the coastline, and the further west you go the more beautiful the terrain becomes. Instead of coming onto an anonymous imageboard and having a whinge, why don't you go out there and explore a bit of the great country that you live in?
>>
Visited from vic and did some sly camping in qld. I'm glad vic doesn't have the regs you lot do.
>>
>>761016
There are plenty of legal campgrounds far enough from anywhere that you're not going to be directly disturbed by other people.

I'm pretty sure you can get permission to camp outside of the designated spots but you'd have to do some research for your area on that.
>>
>>761228
haha mad cunt
>>
>>761016
I'm from Brisbane.

If you really want solitude try to find walk in campsites, it keeps bogans well away.

Recently camped Mt Barney lower portals for 2 nights, had no permit and had a small fire. Not another single human around.

If you prefer beaches plenty of options at Noosa and Great Sandy for sneaky walk in camping
>>
File: Sketchy.webm (2MB, 600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Sketchy.webm
2MB, 600x1070px
>>761339
Here is the webm I know this is not on topic any more but still...
>>
>>761016
Maybe You could buy a weatherprotection (bivvy Tent) instead of a normal Tent.
In germoney is wild camping illegal but the Definition of a tent includes a regular floor.
With a fishermans tent you can Camp everywhere like with a beach clam..

Sorry for my language.. Link related
https://www.eurocarp.de/bivvies/bivvy-zelte/nash/nash-dwarf-overnighter.html

Good luck
>>
>>761240

I generally don't go to Bribie, too many people there. As for Moreton and Fraser, I usually just go with mates as it's too much hassle to go on my own, plus then we can rent a 4wd.

If you want to stealth camp, just pick any national park and go off trail. But use your common sense and find somewhere where people won't go. And don't draw attention to yourself by blasting music or having a huge bonfire during the day. It's not hard.
>>
>>761273

First of all, kek at that permit shit. But Bribie is very sub-optimal for steal camping. It's full of retirees and teenagers getting fuckfaced. I'd be like camping on Main Beach on the GC.

If you really have to be on a beach just drive along the coast (north or south) and pick a small beach town off the highway. Get there and set up just before dusk, and pack up early.

You might find some retired botherers but you'll never get in trouble. Usually there's a bit of scrub just near these beaches which are good for camping in. An example of a good spot is Bilinudgel.

The problem with the shit you're saying is that you're banging up all this fear and doubt, and hanging shit for literally no other reason than your own fear. Just get over it and go /out.
>>
>>761273
>http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bribie-island/about.html

Same shit applies to D'Aguilar. You know what? I've been there dozens of times and never once even seen a ranger.

You know what these laws are for? They're there to fine people who create huge bonfires, have massive piss ups / drug fests and then chop down / set fire to the native scrub and leave all their shit behind.

If you're a normal responsible person who doesn't do those things then nobody will know you're there, and if they do they won't care because they can see you're not being a cunt.

Last time I was in D'Aguilar some guy on his morning walk woke me up by saying good morning, and then he just kept walking. That was the extent of 'being caught'. And I was in a pretty obvious, visible spot too (got there late and CBF finding a better spot.)

So don't parrot on about these 'oppressive' laws that exist on paper but not in reality. That's just your own pussiness.
>>
>>761301

Oh wait, did that actually happen to you? Nope. Stop making shit up, you dumb cunt.

Stop acting like you're living in nazi germany, Aus is one of the most permissible out places in the world so fuck off
>>
>>761353
haha where was this?

camera moved at the worst time :(
>>
>>761042
Fuck im never going to your country.
>>
>>761374

Don't listen, he's full of shit. In reality we're way less regulated than a lot of places here. That dickhead just needs a reason to hide from his own social anxiety.
>>
>>761353
Kek
>>
>be me
>going picknicking around some mountains with friends
>just a bit of walking, nothing serious
>see someone aproaching us from a walking track a way off
>not sure what to do, it's just one fellow
>get the bino's out, just a park ranger
>wave to him and he approaches
>he asks what's in my hiking bag
>I tell him just picnic stuff
>he demands to see
>I'm not sure I have to let him search my stuff, and not really sure what he is looking for
>let him look in my bag, it's just roast chicken and some dip etc. so why not
>he get friendlier after he sees I'm telling the truth
>he says he is looking for climbing gear, apparently rock climbing is banned because some fuckhead got himself killed free climbing and sued the park for letting (or failing to stop) him climbing
seemed fucked up to me

also from a ranger friend of mine

>be ranger
>bit of trapping/hunting feral donkeys or dogs
>chasing people who dump rubish around parks
>some regulating hunting
>he's responding to a local complaint from a few landowners that hunters are shooting animals in paddocks around the park, flushing kangaroos into open paddocks so they can get easy shots
>also leaving the carcasses
>also not clearing their fire arcs, so houses are behind their targets
>he finds the guys
>the two guys pull shotguns on him, but he talks them down and they leave

>he gets reports from bush walkers of dead animals in traps, the walkers think it's the rangers doing it
>they eventually track down the guy
>he thinks he's just doing his part to remove pests, and just doesn't get that he's doing it wrong

>sometimes he gets guys taking firewood
>as often though he gets people stealing stones for walls or gardens

>apparently they always have to be on the lookout or serious criminals using the bush for deals, dumping goods, or evidence etc.

>also trying to stop people using illegal firearms or explosives out in the bush
>they are mainly worried about bushfires
>occasionally they hear automatic gunfire
>>
>>761401
>rock climbing is banned because some fuckhead got himself killed free climbing and sued the park for letting (or failing to stop) him climbing
These people are everything wrong with our society.
>>
Park Rangers don't typically operate late at night unless there's a noise complaint, so you should be fine. If they give you shit just be polite and say "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know." They'll likely just tell you to move on.
>>
>>761402
That's society today though. I worked at a popular spot for climbing that was a national park last summer where, since they started climbing it with modern gear, only about 5 people have died in something like 40 years. We got told all the time how it's unsafe and we shouldn't let people go up there. We couldn't put bolts in ourselves because the park was worried about getting sued, so it was mostly trad climbing.

We did make people sign waivers and get a free permit before they go up. Mostly so we knew where they would be if we had to attempt a rescue.
>>
>>761401
>some fuckhead got himself killed free climbing and sued the park for letting (or failing to stop) him climbing
>got himself killed
>and sued the park
>>
>>761042
Ironic giving what Austrilia was founded on
>>
>>761367
Yeah not sorry about the camera movement I wasn't filming, I threw the crackers
Telling you where it was won't get you there it didn't really have a name apart from the general area
Which I don't feel like disclosing
>>
>>761411
Literally worse than zombie hitler, coming back from dead only to sue some park
>>
File: wild haggis.jpg (38KB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
wild haggis.jpg
38KB, 400x535px
>tfw Scotland
>tfw can basically do whatever the fuck I want /out/ provided I'm not being a cunt

Feels good.
>>
>>761353

legit fuck that niggers face

could easily crush his head with a nice single boot stomp
>>
The entire world knows that Aussieland is just a giant prison, you don't really have freedom there.

>inb4 straya shitposting
>>
>>761632
delet this
>>
>>761353

Most pointless webm on 4chan

Good camera work cunt
>>
>>761412

Really, what was it founded on?
>>
>>761663
As I already mentioned, "I wasn't filming" and "I know this is not on topic any more", fuckwit, kill yourself
>>761624
But why would I? Not like you can eat it - legally. Or that you would enjoy it, or that we needed to
>>
>>761363
I was at D'Aguilar and for the 2 nights we were there saw rangers twice
>>
>>761402
My girlfriends rowing club is based on a shallow man made lake nearby, recently some drunk cunt dove in of their boat ramps to impress some chicks and ended up paraplegic, sued the lake/park.
Apparently the "No Swimming" signs were too vague and diving is not technically swimming so he got a settlement.
Lakes putting up no diving signs now.
>>
>>761228
yew fuckin ledge
>>
File: ctrl f.png (4KB, 446x40px) Image search: [Google]
ctrl f.png
4KB, 446x40px
OP stop being a cunt and just do it

>OP afraid of paying a fine for permitless camping
>can either spend the 10-20 bucks or whatever is necessary to get a permit every time he camps
>pay the 200 dollar fine for camping without a permit, one out of every 1,000 times you camp and get out.

If you get caught you are a retard
>>
>>761165
you forgot montana
>>
>>761224
>If the federal government would end drug prohibition and welfare for immigrants then the border problem would go away.

>and welfare for immigrants

no, that wouldn't stop them.
>>
>>761016
I have this same feeling. I'm scared to go past the border patrol checkpoint because they always ask "Where are you coming from?". I just went to a national park to look around, couldn't articulate this fast enough so he pulls me over asks me a million questions about my residence and employment and scans my ID before I can convince him I just looked around

Had one incident I was just parked near the border in an off-highway road, the border patrol comes and asks a million questions about what I'm doing, and the guy randomly pulls his gun out on me, he said I "reached down", but I was staring right at him doing nothing.

One time I drove past the checkpoint I don't want to go through that so I just say "I'm visiting my uncle, he looks in my car and says "WHERE ARE YOUR CLOTHES"? WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING ANY EXTRA CLOTHES? DO YOU HAVE ANY ARREST WARRENTS OR INVOLVEMENTS WITH DRUGS? HAVE YOU EVER DONE DRUGS?" the he stares at me and goes "ARE YOU SURE?" "ARE YOU SURE?" "ARE YOU SURE?".

Yeah so basically the border patrol does nothing to stop mexicans, they just ask you "are you a citizen?" and randomly let you go based on how "nervous you look", and it's randomly closed, so basically cover-up for government surveillance, proto-Half life 2/soviet checkpoints.

makes you always paranoid because its random what makes them pull you over, and they accuse you based on nothing.

sorry for wall of text but I am butthurt
>>
>>761156
Montana is based if you don't mind religion.
>>
>>761224
In Colorado the illegal drug market is just as strong as before because it's still much cheaper to buy illegally than legally
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 1880x1435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 1880x1435px
OP here. Reading back on the last day or so worth of posts.

The general consensus with the laws here seem to be "oh that's just there so they can fuck you up if you piss them off". Aussies seem to have is attitude towards a lot of laws and its total bullshit. The law is the law and hanging your future on how some guy feels at the time is fuckig insanity, and definitely doesn't make it ok that these laws exist.

That aside, people are totally correct. It is 100% my own personal anxiety but that anxiety exists for a reason. Other than past experiences, someone coming up and telling you to move on is game over for your trip. It's cool you guys don't mind breaking the law and I'm sure you feel super tough shitposting about how you just ignore all this anti freedom shit and good for you, you're a total badass and we are all super impressed.

But the fag talking about fines vs paying for designated sites is right. It's not about the money however, it's about the shitty interaction and you're damn right I am anxious about it because it will ruin my week and my view of camping. Hence the title of the thread.

I go camping to feel free and enjoy nature. This is not freedom. Having to kowtow to rangers lest you incur their wrath is bullshit, and you know it.
>>
>>762357
God damn dude, tell East Berlin the cold war is over.
>>
File: 1463001362462.jpg (12KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
1463001362462.jpg
12KB, 211x212px
>>761016
>tfw you thought freedom to roam is universal until you were like 20
>mfw you realise not a lot of countries have freedom to roam
>>
>>761040
>I really don't know why more bums don't do it.
Most states have a 2-week maximum that requires 10 days absence in between.
>>
>>762355
Reading comprehension, you fail it.
>End war on drugs
Remove incentive to smuggle drugs into country.
>End immigrant welfare
Remove incentive to smuggle self into country.
>merica no longer easily profitable getaway
Problem solves itself.
>>
>>761668
criminals
>>
>>761016
Kill the ranger. Problem solved
>>
>>761040
>i dont know why more bums dont do it
Its texas. Fuck texas.
>>
I agree OP, but really, I'd just kill the ranger.
>>
>>762019
>I know this is not on topic any more

But yet still you posted it cunt

But by all means, don't get angry about it or anything
>>
>>762324

And where exactly did you camp, troll guy? What time of year were you there? Where did you see these rangers? At the welcome centre? kek
>>
>>762353

>that image

Kek

nice one, cunt
>>
>>762353

He'll never do it. He just wants to complain and pretend that it's not his own problems stopping him.

May as well just go back to pretending to be a normie.
>>
>>762381
>hanging your future

The fuck? You think they're gonna shoot you or send you to jail you fucking idiot?

Literally the worst I've ever had is a cop telling me to move on, was even nice about it.

>someone coming up and telling you to move on is game over for your trip.

No it's not you fucking weakling sperg. You just move to a new spot. Fuck.

>kowtow to rangers

Your anxiety is so embedded you literally warp reality to see what your diseased brain wants you to see.

Just stay indoors anon, but don't lie and say that it's other people's fault.
>>
>>762838

>MFW it should be universal
>MFW it could never be based on the way aussie bogan fuckwits act
>MFW scandis can do it because of that sweet lagom temperament
>MFW I'm moving to England, considering moving to Sweden after that
>>
>>762919

Still better than puritans

>MFW Merricans are taught they were fleeing persecution
>MFW they were kicked out for enacting religious persecution of others
>>
>>764340
>16 year old minor we were taking over state borders
how the fuck is that a problem in your country? i´m genuinely surprised
>>
>>761040
>Texas
>Beach

Where the fuck is there a beach in Texas? How did nobody else notice this?
>>
>>761412
Not really, you had to be extra strict and authoritarian to keep all of the crazy cunts under control.
>>
>>761044
Are you the guy with the revolver? That guy was awesome.
>>
>>765094
there must be some along the gulf coast... no?
>>
>>765094
the south west?
>>
>>765104
>south east, i mean
derp
>>
Sunny coast fag here just camp further in the dunes or pack up camp earlier, In my experience rangers wont bust you without evidence, if you have a fire they'll bust you if your woods obviously from the bush, fuck their permits, there's only like 5 per zone and their zones are pretty big so the chances are slim you'll even see one
>>
>>761016
Hey Noosa fag here 1 hr north Brisbane you can camp on Noosa north shore beach, you can avoid the rangers by packing up early in the morning. Lots of people stealth camp up there and you usually can get a spot with none around.
>>
>>761108
albertafag here. same for me with fishing. Even though up to the high water mark is supposed to be crown land I still encounter lots of barbed wire fencing across creeks and streams. I get that a) they don't want livestock escaping or b) people littering up their land but still, leave some access. I mean I'd like to be able to enjoy my own country in a way I am also legally entitled to do.
>>
>>761016

>nobody likes me
>everybody hates me
>I'm gonna eat some worms
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (3MB, 2550x1877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
3MB, 2550x1877px
>>765094
>Texas doesn't have beaches

Uh...
>>
>>762892
Mexicans aren't here for welfare, they are here because not paying payroll taxes means it's cheaper to pay an illegal $10/hour than it is to pay an American minimum wage.
>>
>>765093
If you don't have a minor's guardian's permission, like express, written permission, it's theoretically kidnapping.
>>
>>761016

Don't use a tent. Foam mat and sleeping bag is all you need, although I use a SOL bivy which I use to grab some shuteye when I'm out riding. A traditional swag is also cool, I've got one which I use in the bush just because everything out there gets trashed.

FWIW, you aren't really "camping" if you're just sleeping or cooking something to eat. Pack one up before you do the other.
>>
>>768987
yea nah have fun getting fucked up by mozzies cunt
>>
>>761016
Are the beaches actually patrolled in qld?
>>
>>768998

Harden up cunt.
>>
>>769004

Some, but definitely on Fraser and Moreton Islands which are rated as special conservation areas or some shit iirc
>>
>>769034

And so they should be. Goddamn yobbos in their fucking land rapers feel the need to drive up and down the beaches trashing the dunes and creaming the turtle nests buried in the sand.
>>
>>769043

I don't want to ratify your hysteria, but I would agree that Fraser and Moreton are particularly fragile areas and should have a higher level of protection than most. There's plenty of other areas on the Gold and Sunny coasts where you can do that shit without causing too many problems
>>
>>761016
I go camping every weekend. I've seen the ranger twice. I'm northern nsw. If you go up into the dunes and be chill and keep your fire low you'll be right. Worse case is try tell you to go home. Stop being a baby and go out
>>
>>769045

>hysteria

Mate I don't know if you've been outside in the past ten years but every second cunt is now driving a lardcruiser with a snorkel and lift kit and their idea of roughing it is driving up and down the beach, just like on the ads. That shit causes havoc, along with the massive bonfires they light in the dunes.
>>
>>769056

Calm down mate, I'm basically agreeing with you but you're getting a bit worked up if you think it's all about the
>Goddamn yobbos in their fucking land rapers
>>
>>761040
The bums don't do it because they have to walk more than 20 feet from their spanging spot. Here in Cleveland there are bums on every corner and only the older couples seem to be into it for a long stretch. Really jealous of them sometimes but I couldn't stand asking people for money.
Even though I look so much like a bum that I've had people try to give me money
>>
>>761016
If they catch you, pretend you washed ashore and can't remember anything. It would also help if you could play piano.
>>
>>761156
Kansas, if you don't mind small town living. If you want a larger city feel try Wichita. If you do pick Wichita, stay off of North Broadway, out of Plainview, out of Hilltop manor, Most of South Broadway, also College Hill is over rated unless you like a crumbling foundation or flooding basement. Keep in mind Kansas has cold winters, Hot summers, and tornadoes. If you pick Hutchinson be sure to paint you house.
>>
>>761173
Nova Scotia has like one ranger for the whole province. You'd sooner see a bear than a ranger. Come over here for /out/ and cheap housing (few jobs knockin around too)
>>
>>761016
BritBong here I spent 2 years in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa and must have spent 6-8 months of it wild camping. Never had any problems. Only times I had problems was sleeping in my car near the road.
>>
>>762354
Everybody forgets about Montana.
>>
>>769253

That should be the state slogan
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.