[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey sc/out/s. Was out hiking today, saw this guy, pic related. What kind of snake is it? Also, what would be the best course of action if myself, someone I'm with, or my dog it bitten by a snake?
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 750x1334px
>>760823
Zoomed in pic, not sideways.
>>
>>760823
jesus fuck that thing looks sinister. if i were ever to hike or camp especially in snake territ'ry i would definitely invest in a snakebite kit. from what i've seen there's a lot of misinformation and outdated information regarding snakebites, first aid, and venom suppression so you have to make sure you get a kit specifically for the region you're going to be in. hospitals, ranger stations, local police, etc are probably a good place to ask

>sauce: the amazon reviews on the Coghlan's snake bite kit is full of reviews by doctors, etc imploring people not to use that kit because it's outdated and contains obsolete treatment and information
>>
>>760828
Yeah I was just reading about snake bit kits, never knew such things existed. I've seen a lot of snakes, mostly rattle snakes, but the coloring on this one threw me off.
>>
>>760840
by threw you off, do you mean made you poop your pants? because I would have
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
This is where I was.
>>
>>760845
Haha me no... My wife, yeah she didn't want to look back at it.
>>
>>760826
Shiiiit. Would want/need snakeboots to even consider going there. Also a long stick/garden ho/snek killer device
>>
>>760823
That is probably the fattest rattlesnake I've ever seen. Best course of action is to back the fuck up and leave that big sumbitch alone
>>
>>760965
don't kill the snakes please. they aren't going to hurt you if you don't mess with them. the only thing that makes me sad is when people kill poor reptiles because they're afraid of them.
>>
>>760823
You must new to the area

that would be a rattlesnake and you should always be looking for them so you don't step on one

just keep your distance/ go around it if it is on the trail

also this >>761079

there is no reason to kill one unless its in your yard
>>
>>761083
>there is no reason to kill one unless its in your yard
When I lived on a farm, we used to chase rattlers into a bucket and relocate them
>>
>>761168
We don't have many rattlers where I live now but I would be killing them quite a bit if I did. They are delcious.
>>
>>761196
oh yes, i'm a big fan. the rattlesnake pasta at UNOs is seriously my favorite dish right now
>>
>>760847
if you were there you have nothing to worry about the hospital is like 5 minutes away and that place is always full of people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.