[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats with the hate for geocaching on out? I get the hate for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 20160505_154120.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_154120.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Whats with the hate for geocaching on out? I get the hate for airsoft by /k/ and the hate for jews by /pol/ but geocaching? Enlighten me, /out/, whats wrong with it?
>>
I didn't even know it was hated here
>>
>>760205
Look at the "shitting outdoor" thread. A lot of hate for this Hobby. They claim to shit into Caches where ever they finden them. Pretty sad, tbqhfam
>>
>>760203
We don't hate geocaches. They're just a convenient place to take a huge, watery, giardia-filled dump
>>
>>760209
How? How can it be in any way convenient to squad over a little plastic tupperware Box? Why the hate?
>>
>>760203
The same thing as the rock pile kicking. If casuals like it, then people on 4chan will hate it. Be it music, video games, chinese cartoons, literature, movies, origami or outdoor activities.
>>
File: I_came_here_to_bark_at_you.jpg (96KB, 640x1048px) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_bark_at_you.jpg
96KB, 640x1048px
>>760207
>tbqhfam
Please stop saying that
>>
>>760203
I've placed three GeoCaches, they're just a meme on here.

I like them under one condition: placing them where fuckwads and city people come anyway. I only place mine in urban and suburban environments, or very close to them on the outskirts.
>>
>>760207
No, that's just some edgy kids being edgy while indoors in their mother's basement, for the lulz.
>>
It is literally an /out/ meme. Lurk more newfriend. So is kicking cairns. And 1000 dollar tarps. And claiming a woolen cloak is all you need. Or suggesting cheetos mntn dew and samurai swords in packing list threads. Shitting in rivers too. None of us actually do it. It's a meme you dip.
>>
This instagram is dedicated to smashing these things.

https://www.instagram.com/geosmashers/
>>
last one i found was when i was sleeping in these bushes at a rest stop. got all dug in, got drunk, crashed, woke up in the morning to find a camo-ductaped pill bottle hanging from a paperclip off a branch on the side of the sleep spot. had a joint in it. smoked half, put half back for the next guy. good times.
>>
>>760250
/thread
>>
I really hope geoshitting catches on.
I bet it will make the news one day.
I cant wait to see the newscasters disgusted face reporting from the field.
>>
>>760250
but rockpiles are stupid for a number of reasons and deserve to be kicked. a better comparison would be with shitting in the river.
>>
File: holding_pee_0_1448273310.jpg (134KB, 632x623px) Image search: [Google]
holding_pee_0_1448273310.jpg
134KB, 632x623px
my only qualm is there's never a geocache nearby when you need one
>>
>>760203
>Whats with the hate for geocaching on out?
Nearest I can tell, people here hate them because they bring people into the woods who don't give a fuck about actually being /out/ and enjoying nature -- they only come to find their precious cache and mark it down on their list, and they leave a trail of trash behind. Think hipsters and yuppies, along with their kids who don't want to be /out/ so they don't give a fuck about nature and they trash it like they trash everything that isn't theirs (and most things that are theirs, as well). I don't shit in geocaches, but I don't look for them either. I might if I ever inadvertently found one and had to poop, seems like it might be more fulfilling than digging a cathole.
>>
>>760375

> So is kicking cairns
>None of us actually do it.

That's funny if you actually believe that.
>>
File: geopooper.jpg (17KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
geopooper.jpg
17KB, 300x232px
i am dying to poop inna cache but how do you find them without people knowing you looked it up ?
Seems like they would catch you eventually.
I really dont want that on my record but I want to participate in this movement
>>
>>763239
>want to participate in this movement
>this movement
dos unitended kecks
>>
>>763239
Reminds me of the time I was camping at a highland games festival and pooped on one of the kegs the big guys in kilts used in their games.
>>
>>763092
THIS
Kicking cairns is actually the ethical thing to do, since with the rocks spread out they will help to combat erosion. Stacking rocks is completely against the leave no trace principles and should be undone to try to amend the harm done to the area. You're also doing a huge favor to anyone else that might come by, since then they won't have that horrible feeling of seeing a connection to civilization.
>>
>>763239
There are geocache databases with maps and stuff, you don't need to be logged in to see those. Just come in the middle of the night and take a midnight shit.
>>
>>760209

Kek

I also save up all my giardia for special shits
>>
>>760332
>placing them where fuckwads and city people come anyway.

Why?
>>
>>763239
>on your record?
Is there some kind of geocache police or something? I wasn't aware its illegal to shit in the woods, which is the only thing you are doing. If someone tried to file a police report for vandalizing something they willfully abandoned in the woods, the police would laugh them out of the station.
>>
>>760203

Leave No Trace.
Keep wilderness wild.
>>
>>760385
>https://www.instagram.com/geosmashers/
>instagram
who's the fag?
>>
>>760207
Most of the dumb cunts who post on here never go out, the nearest they get to outside is the top of the basement stairs or a youtube video, and most of them could find a geocache in their own homes.... especially if you hid it under the shaving foam.
>>
>>768647
*couldn't find*
>>
>>768647
>especially if you hid it under the shaving foam.
Sheee-it, son, one MUST shave (sort of) in order to sport a proper neckbeard lol
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.