[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

general spoopy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 42

File: bigfoot-e1439100781391[1].jpg (68KB, 670x408px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot-e1439100781391[1].jpg
68KB, 670x408px
Ever see/feel anything creepy in the woods, /out/? Tell us your stories
>>
aww yis a spoop thread
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I found a clown nose deep innawoods.
>>
>>760171
here we go
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>760171
Here it is in the middle of the picture.
>>
>>760160
I've told this before but I will again. It in my mind proves something is out there.

So me and my gf in college just want to escape the city. It is the middle of winter. We head down to brazos bend state park. Probably the largest stand of woods and swamp in the area. We camp and fish and use the UH telescopes.

But the second night we are up late drinking. Fire and having fun. Out in the forest campsites with absolutely no one around. We banged the night before and really banging in a tent is sort of exhausting and bruise inducing. So we just go to sleep.

We get startled by a blood curdling whoop. Then i heard two trees break. Not twigs full trees. Literally nothing but a black bear could have done it and the black bear habitat is 300 miles northeast at it's maximum.

I cannot explain what I heard that night. I can only conclude that a bigfoot lives all ng the brazos river.
>>
File: Killer-Klowns-From-Outer-Space.jpg (48KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
Killer-Klowns-From-Outer-Space.jpg
48KB, 640x350px
>>760171
aaaaand here we go
>>
>>760177
what was the woop like? possibly mechanical? pics of trees?
>>
>>760177

Are you sure it wasn't the sound of the trees creaking before they fell? Usually the stress builds up before a break and you can pretty much hear the death throws of the tree.
>>
>>760183
The whoop was literally blood courdiling. It is hard to explain. Like a throughty yell but very deep. And it was very close. >>760198
No it was not trees falling it was trees breaking. I have heard similar sounds with hogs rooting a tree or with bears breaking a tree. But this was louder and quicker.

I wish i wold have had the balls to investigate. But i just held my gf and told her it was hogs.
>>
>camping in nwf
>playing manhunt
>there is a trail that leads to another campsite, probably half a mile and it wraps around a lake
>keep walking till we can't see the glow of the fire in the tree line
>find a huge palmetto grove
>proceed to hide under the fan leaves of a particular large palmetto
>rustling
>wtf
>we all stay quiet cuz we ain't pussies and are trying to win
>rustling proceeds to slowly move from our front to our right
>stops
>starts and moves from right to our back
>does a full circle with small stops in between
>hear small snorts and grunts like it was sniffing our scent
>rounds us again and stops at our backs
>one of us says run and we sprint the fuck back
Scary as fuck especially since my friends dad was talking about the Florida skunk man, it didn't help that it smelled like skunk but we found a dead skunk the next day so that's ruled out. probably a hog or sumtin but we were scared as fuck at the time
>>
Someone hung up a horned cow's head. It had a bullet hole in it and I think they left it there to just let nature strip it to the bone.
We took it home.
Should have come for it sooner!
>>
File: download (13).jpg (9KB, 184x273px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
9KB, 184x273px
>>760177
We /willowcreek/ now?
>>
I've found a coffin-sized hole in the ground.
It wasn't even /out/ just the outskirts of my town.
>>
>>760331
M8 report that to the cops it was probably a pre prepared grave.

That is fucking scary.
>>
>>760160
Not many spoopy things have happened to me, only one comes to mind. I was in the mountains literally a few hundred miles away from the nearest township, and not near any fire roads. Saw a dude in a t-shirt and jean shorts wandering away from me through the woods. Called out to him to see if he was okay, he didn't even acknowledge me. Kinda weird.
>>
>>760369
For real hundreds of miles?

I've known stoners who will venture out in to nature to smoke in order to "become one with mother earth" or whatever but a couple hundred miles?

Nigga probably ended up in one of Paulides books.
>>
>>760420
Worked as a part of an absolutely massive cow-calf ranching operation. They owned so much land, it was mind boggling. I had never seen another person out there, save for other ranch hands.
>>
>>760369
Where the fuck was this? Siberia? Canadian territories? Alaska?
>>
not really spooky but fucked with my mind a bunch. Kinda feel oddly guilty.

>kungsleuden path in sweden with buddy from highschool
>im from Belgium
>its like 150km in 9 days fairly easy
>follow trail type shit
>english and sweden most spoken language on the trail
>anyways walking a 15k on the 3rd day to get to next camping ground
>me and friend start talking to this middle aged swedish lady on trail we bumped into
>real outdoorsy European type
>pretty desu
>20 years ago i would probably hit it
>anyways she walks with us for like 5 minutes just talking
>very polite and nice
>suddenly says goodbye and starts towards the mountains
>like off trail middle of nowhere
>ask her isn't she coming with us to the next site?
>she says she cant continues to walk
>figure okay well probably a local
>I hear of the fishing villages around but haven't seen one yet
>arrive at camping ground and start speaking to the guide/workers at the site
>ask about the fishing villages and if i can go see them
>says there aren't one for at least a couple more days
>wtf tell him about lady
>says thats impossible cuz no one lives out there
>drops below zero at night
>the mountain range is basically tundra, cant live there unless house
>they call helicopter to look around above next day
>doesn't see her and they get skeptical about the whole ordeal
>probably think me and buddy are liars
>whatever leave mid day cuz waiting for news on woman never came
>never hear about it again
>think lady is dead
>probably crazy or something

i really dont know to be honest ive thought out all scenarios why she went that way and if she could live there. feel really guilty like i should of stopped her.

Or you know she was a ghost. but i doubt it.
>>
>>760755
Maybe she went over a hill to piss or shit then went back the other way?
>>
>>760755
This happened to me in the Andes. It was a young guy tho. And I'm sure he was a real person, maybe not a sane one, but he was. A lot of people go after some calling or something and they just climb or wonder into the mountains just because. Not thousends of people, but a lot.
>>
>>760755
>>762143
>>762160

on some werner herzog shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWH_9VRWn8Y
>>
>>762997
>herzog
When cruise shoots him, best day ever. The guy is sick as fuck. Somehow got everyone into his fetish. But he is a sick individual. And looks like one, and talks like one. If I ever cross him in the trail I wont say hi
>>
anybody heard of all these young people like inexplicably disappearing in national and state parks and forests and inexplicably turning up dead in places people have like already checked?
>>
one time i go into wood
heer 'awoo'
dont no what sund is
get spokes
pee self
leave becus skinwalker
>>
File: 102_0695.jpg (55KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
102_0695.jpg
55KB, 240x320px
Not spoopy critters, but a spoopy accident

>go deer hunting with brother and dad
>have the trees we want marked out from last time, get there early in the morning
>follow the little trail marker pins with our head lamps and go to seperately stands
>going up my tree when my radio buzzes
>it's my brother, panting
"FUCK. Dad, anon, one of you get over here, I fell out of my stand"
>I'm 15 feet up in my tree and I can just see my brothers orange cap swinging
>the bottom of his stand fell out from under him and he was hanging in his lineman's harness
>The harness is the type used by the guys that climb telephone poles to work on them
>only problem is the straps rest right on the two arteries in your legs, and can cut of the blood flow in ~5 min, and amputate after 15
>I'm still in my tree
>it'll take me 5 min to get down
>2 to get over there
>he's still hanging 10 feet up in the air
>lucky my dad was closer than me and got his platform back under him in time. We all came down and ground hunted for the rest of the season.

Pic is me in my climb on stand, the bottom platform slipped out from my brothers and he fell too low to do a pull up on the top half
>>
>>760160
>Be me
>Three weeks ago
>Out in the woods with my brother to continue building on a shelter
>We walk on a small road in the forest before we turn to leave the track and head toward our shelter
>a few hundred meters in i spot a pile of semi-fresh boar shit
>Whatever.png
>Keep heading towards the shelter

>We arive at the our destination
>Start shopping some sticks so we can use them for a fence
>Suddenly i hear a squeal in the distance
>My brother ask if i heard it too
>"Its far away" I tell him
>We continue building for a while when we hear a loud as fuck, almost monsterous squeal, maybe a few hundred meters away
>Nothing like i've ever heard (And i live on the country side so im pretty used to wild boars and other animals)
>FUCKOUTAHERE.jpg

>The only kind of protectiong we had was a small axe and our mora knives, so we packed our shit
>Leave the site posthaste
>>
>>763368
Samefag

Chopping sticks***

sorry, english is not my mother tounge
>>
File: the bush.jpg (755KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
the bush.jpg
755KB, 1600x1067px
Ausfag here. Used to grow a few weed plants out in the bush. My spot was an hour drive inland from where I live (which is already pretty remote, then an hour trek through dense bushland. Right in the middle of fucking nowhere. I remember one time, I'd gone out to check on the plants. It'd been raining so everything was wet and muddy and it took me longer to get there than I'd anticipated. Was about half an hour into the walk back and it was already getting dark, so I was already sorta panicking. Then out of nowhere there's this random tradie dude in a yellow fluro vest, covered in mud and sweat. He's heading in the opposite direction, so we cross paths. Don't stop walking, just glace up, say 'how's it going?" and keep walking. He mumbled something in response, couldn't hear exactly what he said but I definitely felt like something was off about him. Probs walk 15m and turn to look back out of curiosity. The guy hasn't moved at all and he's staring straight at me. Then he shouts, "you wanna die cunt!". Fucking start running at that point, don't even look back, just get to my car and go. Never went back to check on my plants haha.
>>
>>760177
Brazos Bend can get unsettlingly spoopy. I live in Rosenberg, and would love to spend a night walking around out there just for the spoops.
Also, do you know of any other good places in the area to go exploring? I feel like I've already exhausted all potential areas.
>>
>>763230
That sucks anon. So was the platform defective or wasn't properly fixed?
>>
>>763230
:| you grab the safety line and pull yourself up a bit to prevent blockage.
>>
>>760172

kekd
>>
>be me
>january, cold as fuck up in the mountains
>take an old trail no one has used since the 19th century
>apparently abandoned because of spoopy happenings following some killings there
>hiking for about 6 hours until i find some decent place to set up camp
>nice place in the middle of the forest, just big enough to pitch my tent and start a small fire without catching any trees on fire

>around 10pm i'm in the tent when i hear loud shrieks coming from all directions in the trees around me
>they happen instantaneously after the other fades out, lasting about 2 seconds each, almost like how a firework explode
>freak the fuck out for a second but think it's could be birds in trees calling each other

>shamelessly continue fapping laying in my sleeping bag
>hear twigs crunching and obvious footsteps approaching the tent from behind
>someonescoming.jpg
>ectoplasm starts shooting out of my dick followed by a hazy white hooded figure
>asks me if i want to join the klan
>coon town starts playing
i know you may think this is bullshit but it really happened to me.

i was not on any drugs at the time
>>
Had some some pretty wierd expiriences at a cabin to say the least.
>On cabin out nowhere in the forest with friend and his family
>outside one night near the cabin with friend
>spot red lights approaching up above
>discshape with red lights formed in a circle blocks out the stars while i flyes over us without a sound

second sighting some years later. this time midday:
>be outside on the porch at the cabin with friends dad just shooting with airguns
>friends dad shouts at me to look
>after a while i spot what he is pointing at
>look to the middle of the valley the cabin faces
>see a almost totaly transparent object flying fast straight trough the valley
>object sized as a small car
>not a single beath of wind stirring

He later also admitted to me that he and his crewmates saw a "flying saucer" rise out from the ocean while he was working on a oilfreight out in the atlantic many years ago.

I did not ask to witness these things, and i dont talk about them anymore.
>>
>>763425
Nah the tree was a mix of wet and loose bark, he shouldn't of gone up in the first place but it was dark and we were all still a little sleepy. Like they say accidents happen when you get complacent
>>
>>763600
You can but how long can you hold yourself? There's also an extra loop on the belt that you can undo to put your feet on and give you some slack
>>
>>760755
Odinn chatted with you desu
>>
>>760160
i was we were fooling around lurking in the woods playing werewolf.
so there was this calling back and forth lame ass wolf cries one to an other.
suddenly a nice clean wolf sound joins in. who could that be there was only 5 of us. no wolves in the country for decades or a century. they were hunted to extinction.
shit was creepy i tell you. so we shut the fuck up and went back to camp to the fire.
>>
>be me
>camp counselor one summer
>each counselor has a group of campers to look after and are positioned around a giant lake with woods
>sun sets and I start telling ghost stories
>kids freaking out
>eventually get them to bed and am chilling by the fire
>around midnight
>see a light on the lake getting closer
>see it's a woman in all black on a paddle boat
>gets close to the shore and asks me how the children are
>get a little freaked out and she leaves
>radio other counselors to be on the lookout
>heard the next day that the lady tried to get into the tent of campers across the lake

Never was a counselor again
>>
>walking on farm
>hear bullet whiz past my ear
>run like god fucking hell

:(
>>
>at Crate Lake
>gorgeous place with beautiful blue water
>looks almost out of this world in person
>decide to go to the little island in the middle with a friend on a boat
>as my friend rows, i look down at the water
>"so damn beautiful....wait, wtf?!"
>see a huge fucking dark thing swim right under us
>looked like a giant, bus sized tadpole of some sort
>ask friend if the lake has any fishes
>"yeah. only trout."

i tell him what i saw but doesn't believe me...until we feel a small wave from underneath the boat. mind you, the water was incredibly calm, almost still. so when it rocked back and forth for no reason, he panicked (as did I) and rowed back to shore.

that place is beautiful but i don't think i would ever go back.
>>
>>763387
Brazos bend really shouldn't be so spoopy. The alligators are cool but they don't mess with people. I swear to god we were out in the woods area and this happened. And i have been out in the woods all my life but I cannot explain the sound. A throughty deep bass whoop then 2 trees breaking.

On that side of htown no luck. There are 2 parks on the north side of htown that are free. Above that you get into lake state parks. Huntsville is one of my favorites but that is because no one goes there. Look up the national forest system and that is better. The texas trail is almost 200 miles of goodness. Allthough some of it is paved road.

Also, did you know what is across the river from brazos bend? Bb is 7k acres but across the river is 10k acres of woodland. And in the middle of it a high security prison.
>>
>>764240
Liar
>>
>>764240
The clarity in crater lake is superb. You probably saw a rock or whatever at the bottom and it freaked you the fuck out.

Don't get me wrong, being able to see 20m below me in a boat floating around is spooky too, it's just not a nessie that spooked you.
>>
>>764006
Shiiit this has happened to me.

Though I didn't clock what it was because the sound of a bullet passing close to you doesn't sound like the sort of 'Bwwwiiiiiiiii--i-i-i-i' noise you hear in westerns etc, it sounded to me like a 'WOP' or a 'WUNK', fucking crazy close.

Hearing a cattle stampede nearby like just over a rise or on the other side of a fence is also like a ridiculously nerve racking feeling.
>>
>>764240
i'm willing to bet that the dark shape with a tail was actually the shadow of the boat you were on playing across a sudden shallow portion- the tail would be the churny wake from the boat itself.

that said- lake trout can get pretty huge. man sized, not bus sized though
>>
>>764005
Did anyone identify the woman? Did you get the cops?
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (296KB, 819x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
296KB, 819x614px
Me and two friends setup camp innwoods once in a ridiculously thick area, so we were completely shrouded in ferns and overgrowth, pic related.

Anyway, just before dusk we heard a bulldozer smashing its way through the woods and we couldn't see it at all and we knew it couldn't see us. Got really close but luckily never rolled over us. After it had passed we investigated and saw it was clearing an old neglected road in the woods that was mostly overgrown and peppered with boulders and fallen trees. Was prett nerve racking for a few loud intense moments there. Link also somewhat related:

https://youtu.be/KcsrE7PWOfQ
>>
when i was young, about 7 or 8, i would go to the trampoline, and there was a tree about 50 yards from it, and something would sit in it and watch me. Stopped seeing it when i was about 10.
>>
>>764773
That was either me or someone just like me. You grew up and it was gross, I had to move-on.
>>
>>764778
kek
hello /tv/
>>
>>764240
Oregonfag
You saw a rock or someshit. That lake is clear af and will screw with your head. The reason its so clear is because its all rainwater and theres no native fish living there. All the trout in there now are because some dumbass brought them in with buckets and just dumped them in the lake. No way nessie could fit in a little bucket.
>>
I've never seen anything, but I've had phantom sounds follow me around through the locals once or twice. They were the sight of a rev-war battle, so the classic version is that it's the souls of soldiers lost in battle. Lost of people claim to hear unidentified shouting or whispering; some even say they hear conversations happen just around a hill or what not, but walk over and there's nothing there.
Which, being in South Carolina, similar hear-say gets passed around allover the place; lots of rev-war and civ-war shit went down here.
I've never heard anything I could ID as conversation, but strangely consistent rustling, like a medium-sized animal or something was following me, yet no evidence of movement or paths or anything.
>>
>>764006
>>764694

Are you sure it wasn't a hummingbird? I've had coworkers get fooled into thinking they were under fire when it was really just an aggro hummer buzzing by their ear.
>>
>>760204
Boar?
>>
>>764005
I like this story Anon, creepy as fuck.
>>
>Go to old abandoned RAF hospital at midnight with 2 friends
>It's old and derelict in the middle of some woods
>All night we feel eerie. We keep hearing footsteps on the gravel and rustling in the bushes but theres nothing there.
>We go inside the wards building and we hear a big slam.
>We investigate. We go inside one of the ward rooms and at the end theres a heavy firedoor which is overgrown and jammed open about 30cm. I try to close it but its all bushy and overgrown.
>As we make jokes and start walking away it slams violently. Like pussies we run away.
>We go back in the room about a minute later. Now the door is wide open. We go over and look outside but theres nothing, we shine our torch out there and have a quick look about.
>I close the door and we stand and listen for noise. Theres a weird metal twisting noise coming from the door, followed by the sound of a human making a pig squeeling noise; it feels like it's zoomed in directly on me and I can feel it getting closer.
>We all run like fuck back to the car, and we the hell out of dodge.

I have goosebumps as I type this; it happened about 4 or 5 years ago now and it still shits me up. I don't believe in ghosts or spooks but we disturbed something that night; I could feel it focusing on me and we all heard the same shit. It wasn't like "What is that noise?", it was literally a case of "OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK. THAT IS SOMETHING. WE HAVE FOUND SOMETHING".

I'm on a nightshift right now at work on my own and fucking hell I am all goosebumps.
>>
>>760160

>Me and 2 other mates go camping in the aussie outback
>We decide to snort heaps of MDMA and drink a fuck load of beer
>It gets late and the fire is dying, so we decide to get wood
>Had done all the MDMA and gone through 1 and 1/2 slabs of beer at this point
>Friend 1 decides to stay at camp to keep the fire going so we can find our way back while friend 2 and i go and look for wood
>We decide to have a cone before we go
>We walk into the pitch black bush with nothing but our phone lights
>We walk for ages looking for wood (The place was fairly remote but used quite often so there was no wood near our camp)
>Decide to split up to cover more ground, flashing our phone lights and yelling out to each other periodically
>Finally find a decent amount of wood to bring back to camp
>Call out to friend, no response, call out again, no response
>Look around and see his phone light shining on the under side of the tree canopy in the distance and make my way back to him
>Ask him why he didn't respond, he asks me what i'm talking about.
>Tell him not to worry about it, ask if he knows the way back to camp

end of part 1
>>
>>768079

At this point we were both rolling our tits off and had gotten hopelessly spun around from splitting up

>Friend says he saw the campfire before and knows the way back, in my fucked up state i decide to follow him
>As we are walking i see a stump which i had seen at least twice before
>Paranoia sets in and the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's a skinwalker (Thanks /k/) and that he's leading me in circles trying to tire me out so he can kill me
>We stumble around the bush for about an hour, me following my friend ready to belt him with a log incase he comes at me
>Finally find a road that leads back to our camp, we had to walk about 2km to get back
>Get back to camp, friend 1 is passed out in a camp chair and the fire is completely dead
>Me and friend 2 ask him why the fuck he let the fire go out, says he ran out of wood (There was still a couple of bits of wood behind his fucking camp chair)
>Get the fire going again and get shitfaced

Turns out friend 2 was so fucked up that he forgot that he was meant to call out and the light he saw was my phone while friend 1 had smoked so much weed while we were gone that he had passed out

Don't do drugs kids
>>
>>763379
Ivan milat bra
>>
>>764240
Oh yeah son, Crater lake is top tier weird sacred spoopes, I've read about it it gets so weird. Unless you wanna get splooped you should never go
>>
>>768160

>>766582
Me fyi^
Care to elaborate? Ive been there a few times and never saw or hear anything. Tbh i dont think ive ever heard a spoopy story about it. I wouldn't doubt there would be but im genuinely curious about what spoops are out there. I might go looking in the next month if there are any worth going for.
>>
>>763379
>15km

How did you see/hear him from that far away? Thats scary as fuck regardless
>>
>>760160
>be innawoods camping with scrawny NEET friend and buddy who just came back from the Marine Corps in Shawnee Forest
>2am or so, we're all startled awake
>best I can describe the sound is a metallic BLAAAH! sound, incredibly loud echoing through the forest
>it's a paralyzing noise
>we all grab our weapons and lay silent
>BLAAAH! noise continues every 10 seconds or so
>bipedal footsteps accompany it
>circling our campground
>goes on for a good 15 minutes
>eventually fades off into the distance

It sounded vaguely like some of those crazy noises foxes make, but we all have described it as being a distinctly metallic sounding noise. That may not make much sense, but it's the only way to describe the toneality.
>>
>>768857
>go explore an elementary school that has been abandoned for 15 or so years
>midnight, new moon, pitch black inside except our flashlights
>we're down the second of three classroom wings, inside a classroom
>our flashlights all flicker and shut off
>oh fuck
>bash them a bit, only one lights back up
>just as it lights, hear a HEAVY sprinting bipedal noise on the roof
>it was definitely at least the weight of a man, not a small creature
>we all freeze and it stops
>suddenly hear it again

We booked it the fuck out, me holding my working flashlight on point, ready to stab anything that got out in front of us. The school is near a creek bottom and forest, with a small field in between. The school itself is on a never-used road, and completely overgrown by brush and saplings. Spoopy. No noises were made. I think I have a bipedal haunting creature for when I'm out in spoopy areas.
>>
>>768863
After we got outside and crossed the abandoned street leading up to it, I turned, expecting to see a creature or bigfoot on the roof watching our escape. There was nothing up there as we hugged a treeline (for low visibility because urbexp is technically trespassing) booking it over a field back to the car.
>>
File: image.jpg (940KB, 1630x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
940KB, 1630x1222px
>>760177
I fucking hate weird inexplicable noises while camping. I was camping on Kentucky lake and heard some weird stuff. We were drinking by the fire at like 1am and heard the sound of heavy rocks getting picked up and dropped a cross the little bay we were on. Like you can hear when something is making a hard impact and these were big rocks, in the middle of the night, and no flashlights or voices
>>
>>768884
>We were drinking by the fire at like 1am
You know your opinion is discarted right there and because of that
>>
It's always stoners and animals in mating season. Maybe the occasional /k/ poster.
>>
File: image.jpg (361KB, 1630x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361KB, 1630x1222px
>>768887
We weren't that drunk, mom. Certainly not drunk enough to imagine the sound of 80lb rocks getting thrown around
>>
>>763196
Why such dislike for w.h.?
>>
>>763663
Where is your cabin?
>>
>>768914
So what was in there?
>>
>>763825
I don't think so, man. Odin usually tells you where to find wells with gold at the bottom to fuck with you. Pretending to be a lady doesn't sound like him.
>>
Once did fire research with a small module crew in a secluded area of Arizona. When we first got to the fire there were plenty of teams trying to contain it on this one mountain. As time went on, crews started leaving and going to different fires, but the fire research team stayed behind. We ended up staying out there for another week beyond any other team. So it was us (small team of less than 10) and the IC. Once most of the teams left, they set us up in the cabins near the mountain... usually used for IA. Either way, we were hours away from any contact.

This place was insane. As soon as the first team even showed up on the mountain, people were finding artifacts. About halfway into the fire containment they were finding cabins, mines, and instruments that had been untouched for a good 100 years. Hell, you could walk plane underneath the mountain and find a handful of arrowheads and pottery within minutes.

The first weird thing that happened out there involved weather reports. So usually a team leaves one or two guys out somewhere with a good vantage of where the team is going to be that day. Then one of the guys keeps track of the weather and gives a weather update. Usually we would've done two updates, but we usually got off the mountain early and didn't need an update. So some guy spins a little instrument and records temps, humidity, and time, then he comes on the radio and gives out that data so everyone within distance can hear the updates. Pretty innocuous stuff for the first week while everyone was on the mountain, but one night things started getting odd.
>>
>>768962

All of us were in one of the cabins eating dinner and we kept hearing radio static. Someone ended up tracing the source to a walkie that was left on in someone's fire-pack outside. I remember him bringing in the walkie still on and we could barely make-out the same weather report one of our team members had said earlier over the radio that same day. It was a lot more muffled and you could barely hear it in the static, but it was definitely his voice and all the numbers seemed familiar. It wasn't spooky that night, we were all trying to figure out if maybe waves were bouncing off something in the distance and barely making it's way back at that moment. We all all assumed that was the case and went to bed.

The next day we hiked up the mountain, did some data collection, and walked down off the mountain. It was another short day, the fire was still burning, but it wouldn't be going anywhere and so it was considered dead. Another weather report was given out by the team members that had to sit on the base of the mountain all day. That same night we were eating dinner and someone deliberately left the handheld radio on to see if we'd hear that effect again. Close to the same time, we started hearing the weather report coming in again.
>>
>>768963

It sounded just like team member that did the report that day (we rotated, because it's a boring job) saying the exact same data he gave earlier. Except in the closing, the guy on the radio said, "This has been your such and such o'clock weather report." Except the such and such time that this person on the radio said was the exact time that we were eating dinner. At this point we figured maybe someone drove out close enough to the mountain to fuck with us. So one guy got on the radio and playfully asked for a smoke report on the mountain. We waited for a good few minutes before we heard a completely new person come on the radio and say something like, "It's too dark to see the smoke, you'll just have to come up here and feel the heat yourself." We all had a little laugh, cause we knew for a fact it had to be a prank so we kind of just badgered on the guy on the radio saying that we'd be right up. Then guy on the radio said something like, "I'll wait for you, I'm in the cabin near the top." We all knew what cabin he was talking about. It was a decrepit old log cabin that's roof had caved in decades prior, sitting by a gigantic juniper tree. The fire had done some damage in that area, but the cabin and tree were untouched from any heat damage. So it was just a lone cabin and juniper enclosed by a huge area of burnt trees and shrubs. We didn't communicate with the guy on the radio any more.

Wildland firefighters are an interesting bunch. It's hard to tell if something creeps them out, they're usually good at hiding it. It's hard to hide something scare, such as a fire coming to torch your ass... but they're usually good about not showing how spooked they are. ...but the conversations died down quick that night and everyone went to bed a lot earlier.
>>
>>768965

So the next day, it was the same old bullshit. We'd collect fire data and spin weather and generally hike up this mountain looking at this fire that was going out more and more. Except this time, the crew lead and another went off to scout the fire. This wasn't unusual, it was a way for the guy to figure out if the fire was picking up in certain areas that you couldn't tell from the smoke. But what was unusual is that he said he'd meet us back at the cabin later. Usually when this guy went scouting he only went about and hour or two away, but he was implying that he'd be out there for a good 5 or 6 hours. We all knew he was heading up to the cabin near the peak, on the other side of the mountain. He went on his way with the other team member and when it was about time, we started heading off the mountain towards our outpost. Everything just felt really off that day, we were surrounded by thunderstorms, but above the mountain and our outpost it was clear in the sky. It kept that way all night, we could see lightning off in the distance in every direction, but above us was a clear starry night. All in all, the area was really beautiful and we were lucky to have been able to stay there.
>>
>>768981

It was dark by now, the crew lead wasn't back yet, but he told us over the radio he was on his way. The two guys had headlamps and were damn good hikers so we weren't worried. We had a trailer just outside the outpost with a whole bunch of gear for fire research, including a couple of laptops that I used to put data in. I forgot to put in some fire data into one of these laptops and decided I better head to the trailer to finish it up before the crew lead showed up. So I walked out pretty far to where this trailer was, turned on the generator, lights and laptop. By the time I had finished I decided to take a piss before turning off the generator and heading back to the outpost. I stood facing away from the outpost towards this clear field. The moonlight was enough to brighten up the field and some of the forest behind. I just sort of glared into that forest and that's when I saw two people just standing there at the edge of the field. They didn't have any lights on them, which I would've expected from the crew lead and the team member hiking back in the dark. They also didn't move, they just stood there facing me from afar. I yelled something over to them about taking so long to get back, but I didn't get a response. This is about the only times in my life I think I've ever felt dread. As soon as they didn't answer me, I knew these two people by the forest had nothing to do with our fire team. I closed the trailer up real quick and "briskfully" walked back to the outpost.

When I got back to the outpost, crew lead and the team member were back.

They were telling the crew about the crazy shit that happened at the cabin.
>>
>>768983

They found a handheld radio up there by the cabin, go figure. It was just like one of ours except it looked like it had gone through the ringer. Just completely caked with mud, battery acid all over the battery pack in the bottom, and buttons that were either jammed or broken. So they decided to put a camera we use for fire research up on the big old juniper tree. They lightly hung it on one of the branches facing the cabin and started to walk way. When they got a good distance they hear this huge crackling sound and then a crash coming from the cabin area, so they walk back. They find that this gigantic old juniper, that survived hundreds of years and probably more than one fire, decided it was time to completely snap apart and fall over. They spent quite a while trying to find the camera and that's what took them so long getting back. They told us that it felt like something was following them the entire time back, like a mountain lion stalking them. We listened for a weather report that night, nothing came in on the radio.
>>
>>768988

The rest of the stuff was told after the trip. One guy said he was sleeping in one of the rooms and had a dream some dark figure came into his room and just sat on the chair by his bed, facing him. Another said that he went out for a midnight piss and saw a native american man with those generic chief garments, just watching him from the outskirts of the outpost. Another saw a herd of elk walking through the field I had mentioned earlier, with their heads turned towards him. Just walking together in one direction with all of their heads fixed on him without even turning to look where they were going. People kept hearing their names called from deeper in the forest. Odd mumbled radio chatter.

The place was beautiful and the trip, barring the creepy shit that happened, was one of the funnest fire assignments I had been on. All in all, I'm glad to have been able to visit that area, but I don't think I'd ever find myself camping out near this mountain by myself or with just one other person. There's some weird shit going on out there and I'd rather not find out what.
>>
>>768836
15 meters not kilometres.
>>
>>768080
In most cases I can handle the bush but I don't think I could handle the mental fortitude to find myself back to camp in such an intoxicated state like that. I think I would probably would've been pretty paranoid.
>>
>>767731
Wtf man that can't be real
>>
>>768988
>>768983
>>768981
>>768965
>>768963
>>768962
>>768991

Iwanttobelieve/10 where was it in AZ?
>>
File: norway_spiral5.jpg (47KB, 675x506px) Image search: [Google]
norway_spiral5.jpg
47KB, 675x506px
>>768927
Not my cabin but its located in norway, akershus not far from the swedish border. the area is basicly some old farms, cabins scattered and a ton of forest.
>>
>>768933
nothing but ugly wallpaper and a gunsafe I couldn't open. It was this house that must've been abandoned for a few decades in the middle of this super overgrown 2-3acre plot. Moderately spoopy
>>
>>769107

Northwest Arizona, bordering Utah.
>>
>>760160
>>760160
It wasn't the most spooky thing but when i was camping one summer when I was about 12 or 13 and one night we slept without a shelter with just a bedroll and a sleeping bag next to a fire. I woke up in the middle of the night needing a piss, but our fire had gone out and I was warm so I just lay there for a while doing nothing. My friends and I were about 3ft apart from eachother sleeping next to each other and i was at one end, closest to a treeline. After about 20 minutes I heard rustling behind me which I declared to be the wind. Then, about 30 seconds later I heard a loud and viscous growling from just behind me. I have never been so afriad, I had nothing to defend myself with (I was in a sleeping bag so i had 0 movement as well). I was just completely frozen, and i just lied there, listening to whatever it was growl at me for about 20 seconds. After that it must have got bored and wandered off, because it stopped and when i sat up I couldn't see anything near me, although it could have been close. To this day I have no idea what it was, it didn't sound at all like a dog and there are no wolves where I am.
>>
>>760755
FUCKING SKINWALKERS
>>
File: Mountain-Lion.jpg (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain-Lion.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
There's a cougar that roams the area where I work. They're the scariest goddamn thing I've ever seen. They move like lightning.
>>
File: top spoop.jpg (48KB, 605x806px) Image search: [Google]
top spoop.jpg
48KB, 605x806px
>be 16
>sort of new to the whole /out/ thing
>on backpacking trail a few days out into Jacob Hamblin NRA in Utah
>night time innacanyon
>about to turn in for the night
>get up and go away from camp to take a piss
>hear what sounds like 50 pairs of small feet scampering all around me
>see what seem to be wolf-like shadows
>heart stops, I turn on my headlamp
>can't see a damn thing because it's such a dark night
>hear what sounds like panting
>run as fast as possible back to my tent

It was spoopy as fuck at the time, but later I realized it was just a couple of shy little coyotes, and the noises they made were amplified by the canyon walls. When you do it enough out there, you get used to living with them.
>>
>>769536

Somehow I know I'm a bitch because ground squirrels and rock chucks have scared the shit out of me. My friends make fun of me for it but I'm just trying not to get got. Predators are some scary ass fuckers and screw you if I'm going to stand around like a doof while they creep up on me.
>>
>>768936
>Pretending to be a lady doesn't sound like him.
You don't read much Norse mythology do you?
>>
File: wile e coyote.jpg (78KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wile e coyote.jpg
78KB, 400x300px
another

>on a kayak-camping trip with some friends around Lake Powell in AZ
>chilling out by the fire next to the water, having a great time
>we set up a latrine at the top of a hill behind some rocks
>gotta take a shit
>before I head up the hill my friend says "careful, I saw a baby rattlesnake up there somewhere"
>babies are actually the most dangerous since they have less controll over their venom glands
>watching every step I take on the way up
>staying away from overhangs and brush
>take a shit
>walking back down to camp
>Okay I'm in the cle-HOLY FUCK
>stop in my tracks and do a pic related type of step-back
>the fucking baby rattlesnake is two feet away from me
>all ready to bite me in the S-attack pose
>ack away very very slowly
>tiny rattle sounds like a vibrating cellphone

once the adrenaline wore off it was actually pretty cool to see, cute little snek

>>769548
Yeah I get what you mean, the coyote thing was scary as fuck, but that was just because I wasn't sure what animal it was and I was in the dark so the imagination takes over you know? We were in mountain lion country afterall.
>>
File: image.png (218KB, 704x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218KB, 704x294px
This happened about 10 years ago near my friends cabin in southeastern Utah near capital reef NP.

>eating dinner at cabin with friend and his cousins and uncle
>uncle tells us to throw all our leftovers in a 5 gallon bucket
>gonna take us somewhere spooky later that night
>11 pm we all hop into uncles Polaris ranger and head out in the middle of nowhere
>stop in a small clearing surrounded by giant sage and juniper
>turn off all lights and uncle tosses all the leftovers in the bushes and trees surrounding us
>we sit perfectly silent for about 20 mins
>suddenly uncle lets out a loud coyote howl
>like 20 coyote howls come back in return all from like 20 feet away
>poop a little
We shine our flashlights around us and see we are surround by a pack of coyotes gorging on our leftovers
>we hang out and watch them for a bit
> they start growling and coming closer to us, wanting more leftovers
>poop a little more
>uncle laughs at us little shitheads pooping ourselfs
>pulls up his .357 and fires off a few rounds
>coyotes barely phased
>uncles says jump in the ranger
>tear ass outta there with some of the coyotes on our tail
>uncle laughing the whole time while we collectively void our bowels.

Pretty spooky for a bunch of kids that hadn't been /out/ much
>>
>>760177
On a funny note, it'd be hilarious if it was just bigfoot investigators trying to make noises.

I wonder if any investigation squads have accidentally vocalized to each other lmao
>>
>>769526
Their screams are literally banshee like. And the knowledge that they are just watching you is just too much to think about.
>>
>>769793
>feeding wild animals

not very LNT, your uncle is a dick
>>
>>769526
>>769824
according to my instructors at SOLO back when I did my WFR, the best place to be when encountering a cougar is in front of it. They're less likely to attack and usually do so from behind. Also protect your neck at all costs since crushing windpipes and popping carotids is how they kill.
>>
>>769526
they are not any faster than house cats.
>>769835
>usually do so from behind
now that's the scary part about them you can die before you know you are in a fight. they go for the neck and lots of ways you can die there for example cougars go for the small brain and spinal cord which they can pierce with their teeth and then you are done.
>>
>>760434
Any Brokeback mountain action for you guys out there?
>>
>>763663 theyre not aliens, but demonic entities set to deceive.
>>
>>760171
>>760176
This is really funny to me for some reason
>>
>be me
>am /out/ist
>grow up in the woods of Southern California and Northern Utah
>move to Southwest Utah 3 years ago
>mfw realize that I have 100% chance of skinwalker, ghost of pissed indians, alien probing, bigfoot, cartel smugglers, reptilian overlords, fall in mine shaft, bigfoot, or some other truly fucked up shit if I go /out/ down here.
>locals literally have "skinwalker territory" marked off on various parts of their maps
>don't go /out/ that much anymore
>>
>>773190
How is it ha gun laws a out door in a woods sounds crazy as fuck
>>
>>763209
Greatest books ever
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 240x180px
>be me, 8
>spend summers with grandpa with my brother on his mountain.
>half-assed blocked abandoned mineshafts all over cuz goldrush
>brother and i get in a few
>filled with trash, horrible smell
>we find an empty bag of chips
>expired last month
>nobody goes to that side of the mountain
>decide to leave big assed deer antler we found on the hike in the entrance to the shaft
>return in a week
>antler's gone
>we never return
pic related, the new owners of the mountain took the picture. Not the exact same mineshaft, but looked kinda similar
>>
>>760171
I was wondering where I lost that at.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>773480
Are they really interesting?

I'm not full-on tinfoil hat, but the stuff is kinda intriguing. I wish they would make it into a TV series, I hate reading. Pic related were the last books I tried to read before turning on the TV.
>>
>>773289
What? ? ?
>>
>>760160
nothing too spoopy, but one time When I was walking through yellowstone at around 5am-6am in the morning with my CC i saw a pack of around 3-4 wolves just standing at the top of some sort of cliff looking at the rising sun, I walked by them and they looked at me and didnt do anything. Really fucking scary desu, thanks goodness I had my CC
>>
A colleague of mine at the forest service told me this story:

>Doing a postdoc at Colorado State in Fort Collins and her sites were out in the middle of nowhere in Medicine Bow National Forest
>Part of her postdoc involved setting up grid plots using stakes in the ground, so they would go up and one day set up the plots, then come the next day and finish the work.
>When they would come back to the plots, they find all the stakes missing. Not upended or anything, just missing, along with any flagging tape or anything else they left.
>This goes on for the duration of their trip and finally they give up and head back to civilization
>They report what happens to the Forest Service office
>"Oh we forgot to tell you about the crazy guy in the woods..."
>Apparently the guy ran afoul of the Forest Service and grew to hate them, so he would fuck with their studies and was stalking researchers in the wood because they never met him face to face
>>
>>763209
>anybody heard of all these young people like inexplicably disappearing
Cougars, we're on the menu
>inexplicably turning up dead in places people have like already checked?
Most searchers are volunteers. "Did you check that area over there?" "Uhh...sure did."
>>
>>768884
I've seen eyes flash at me out of the darkness just outside of my campfire before. Noises are creepy, but those eyes I'll never forget.
>>
>>760160
Me and 2 guys from the locker were hiking on the backside of Rainier in 2008. We had a late start and it was dark before we hit the main trail. First we smelled rotten garbage/shit, then a loud grunt, then a 9 foot bastard steps out in front of us.

No mistake as to what it was. brown hair, pointy head, at least 3 ft across the chest, on two legs with arms reaching to knees.

I always laughed off the stories until we saw it. no words can describe how big the SOB was and just how puny the 44 mag I carried felt. It stared at us for a good minute then stomped off.
Sorry I have no blurry videos or pics as we were too busy trying to figure out wtf it was and how we were going to fight our way out of what looked to be a bad situation.

I have talked to enough guys at Lewis who take them for granted. Running joke at Lewis-Mcchord was the 2/75 and 1st group guys feel a kinship with them. They are rarely seen, hairy and stinky, avoid the press and spend most of the time doing things no one has a clue about.
All joking aside we saw a squatch no doubt, and never said a word about it. I follow a local group who hunts them now, and they make me laugh more than anything. These things seem to appear when you don't expect it. For good debate, look at the enhanced Patterson footage..Details pop that are hard to fake
>>
>>763379
15m? Thats like...3 years.
>>
>>773848
...What?
>>
>>774017
I think he ment yards
>>
I betcha all the little fags on /b/ would fit right in with the spoops in the woods
>>
>>773848
how fat are you? it takes you 3 years to walk 15 meters?
>>
>>774085
Either way that's wrong
>>
>>773848
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>767731
"I don't believe in ghosts but we disturbed a ghost."
>>
>>768884
There have been stories coming from lbl/kentucky lake area since forever. The native Americans in this area (I live here) even told stories to the settlers of a beast around this area. The last time it was heard of in the local news was the ?60's? I think.
>>
Not really terrifying but definitely weird.

>camping inna, out in the middle of nowhere
>middle of the night have to get up to shit
>sadly wriggle out of comfy swag into the cold and walk a short distance to do the deed
>finish and wipe and realize I've totally forgot to dig a hole to fill in with my trowel (I almost always do this and I feel bad if I don't for some reason), so I've just shat and put gross tp on the open ground
>fuck it it's cold I'll do it in the morning
>snuggle back into swag
>morning comes and after having a cuppa I grab trowel and go to clean up my mess
>it's already been done
>there's a neat little mound of freshly turned earth that my business has been deposited under

I was up an old overgrown access track about 70km from the nearest town. I'd even walked off the trail out of sight out of habit. It's a nice area but I go there specifically because I know I'll never see anyone else.
And anyway who even cleans up someone else's shit 15 metres away from them.
>>
Me and my friend are camping, about 400 miles north of Thunder Bay Ontario. We were trekking around Obonga Lake and we decided to camp for the night about 30 meters from shore. At about 3 am I had to rock a piss, but as I was about to get up and leave the tent, I heard these heavy but quick footsteps outside that came with this fuckin horrible smell, it was like rotten onions mixed with shit. At this point I was frozen with fear clutching my knife so tight. It left after about a minute but oh my. Wonder if it was a bear or something worse like windigo
>>
>>775397
Definitely a squatch. That is typical squatch behavior.
>>
>>772441
I like to think so.
>>
>>769359
Can you say exactly where it was?
>>
>>773712
Pretty fortunate to see wolves, I would love to see some. Was just in Yellowstone and there were a lot of people out there tryin to capture wolves on cam. I'm guessing you were backcountry? If not, where in the park were yoU?
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 700x700px
>>773289
>>
>>775970
If you want a creepy AZ place check out Lower Wolf Creek. I can't remember exactly the direction to walk, but when you see it you'll know.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>760160
Fresh OC here, mind the vine I just think its handy

https://vine.co/v/eIeQUeHw6mv
>>
>With meth mother innawoods
>6-8 years old (dont remember too well)
>Homeless so living on friends property with a river on it
>Stayed for a couple of days in a tent right next to the river
>Mom was usually super paranoid because of the meth
>She wakes me up and there are 3 lights outside of the tent
>We just sit there in complete silence knowing they can see us through the tent clearly
>The people/lights say absolutely nothing and stand there for a good 15 min just pointing right in the tent
>Have 8 year old bladder and have to piss really bad because of spookyness
>End up pissing myself in the tent because they just wouldnt leave
>They eventually leave and we never figure out what the hell happened.

My suspicions are people were probably going to kill my mom over some drug shit but then saw I was with her and might have talked it over. Still have no fucking clue what it was about.
>>
>>760160
The sound of getting somewhat surrounded by coyotes. Lots of them, not just a couple, like enough for them to feel ballsy enough to fuck with humans.

Carry a gun innawoods folks, it'll help you sleep knowing you can protect yourself.
>>
>>779146
>Carry a gun innawoods
If you are a good shot under pressure, you can take 3 or 4 of those coyotes to hell with you.

The skinwalkers, not so much.
>>
>>779150
Well it depends on how far I'm going innawoods and for how long. Just a few nights, I'd take my .40 with a spare mag, totaling 24 rounds. If I'm 40 miles from the closest known trail or in a place regarded as dangerous for large packs of mountain lions or coyotes, I've brought an AK pistol and 3 mags in the past. That totals 90 rounds of 7.62x39, and if that ends up not being enough, I'm obviously camping in the wrong fucking neighborhood.
>>
>>779142
you sound like you had a rough childhood. how are things for you now?
>>
>>779162
Good but have extreme anxiety/depression but I don't like to use it as an excuse.
>>
>>779168
sorry to hear that. i suffer from the same issues but luckily i was blessed with a good mother. if it means anything to you, i found God/Jesus helped me through anxiety. Don't let the fear control you and don't worry what anyone else thinks.
>>
Just came home from spending two nights in a forest alone for the first time just by muself (no tent) got waken up one pf those nights by boars dicking nearby, fuck this shit, dont see whats with all the hype, it was lonesome and scary.
>>
>>779155
>carrying a fucking mini ak47 and nearly 100 rounds of combat ammunition for a fucking 40 pound dog
get the fuck out of /out/ and back to whatever /b/tard board you come from
>>779447
It's a fucking pig you giant pussy, what's it going to do? Nothing, that's what. Get a tent so you don't have to cry yourself to sleep next time a rabbit decides to take a shit too close to your site.
>>
>>769337
>Gunsafe

Dude why arent you trying to crack that shit open?
>>
>>764240
would have blamed it on a sturgeon but you're in the wrong part of the country pal.
>>
>>780164
>trying to open the door to hell
>>
File: CALCULOS DOG.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
CALCULOS DOG.gif
2MB, 370x319px
This was in East Ky

>Me and buddy were clearing out a spot we eventually used to camp and party at
>Shootin shit telling stories
>Time gets away from us and it gets dark
>Turn headlamps on and start walking down the hillside. I stayed behind him.
>See my shadow crossing back and forth on his back.
>Bored and start trying to keep the shadow on my head right between his shoulder blades as he bobs back and forth down the hill
>Shit fucking bricks and nope all the way around when I realized why me seeing my shadow on his back was wrong
>Don't see shit behind me
>Explained to him what I saw and why I was dropping steamy nopes in my pants
>We hang out by a tree with our lamps off for a few minutes
>See nothing
>Shrug it off and never talk about it again
>>
>go camping in familiar area to me
>trail that I remember being fucking clear as day is nigh-invisible
>get lost
>find campsite
>make camp
>we're missing a hammock so 2 people in tent 1 in hammock (original plan was 2 in hammocks, 1 in tent)
>try to make fire, this does not happen, even with lighter fluid, dry wood, charcoal, the works
>baffled, decide I'm just retarded
>don't really notice until I'm going to sleep that I can't hear any nature
>no peepers, birds, anything
>whatever
>check out at 9PM
>wake up to friend shaking me awake in tent
>"something is wrong, other friend is calling"
>other friend is calling
>shit
>get up with flashlight, go out
>it's FUCKING FREEZING
>like I'm shaking in 2 seconds flat, breath is visible, balls are in stomach
>shine light to hammock
>... tarp is fucked up
>friend is afraid
>walk up
>ask wtf
>"woke up to tarp moving, thought was you, said 'wtf', movement stopped, looked outside sleeping bag, saw open sky, panicked"
>ok...
>fix tarp
>"you ok?"
>"yeah.."
>"ok"
>go back in tent
>"wtf you doing"
>"going to sleep"
>"so you're not out here"
>... "GET IN THE TENT NOW GET IN THE TENT GET IN THE TENT"
>friend B rushes inside tent in record time
>3 people in 2 man tent now

Long story short... There was another person out there. At one point, around 11PM, friend B asked me (I'm asleep) how long til dawn. Received response "7 hours". Sounded like me. Beside campfire, not in tent. Woke up to tarp moving, thought was me. Was not. When i returned to my tent after the event, friend B heard footfalls at foot of hammock. Thought was me again, without light. When was not me, brix shat. We stayed awake all night waiting for something to happen. Nothing did. I think the most unsettling thing is we never heard anything LEAVE.
>>
>>780264
3 fellas in a 2 man tent. My mind is going wild with the possibilities. Was it good for you?
>>
>>780988
Who was getting the skiing lesson?
>>
>>779613

>implying 3 mags is a lot
>implying the ak isn't a great platform for Inna woods
>>
File: SanCarlosRapeHouse.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
SanCarlosRapeHouse.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>760160
>Camping trip Black River, AZ
>Must enter San Carlos Apache Reservation
>We have guide books, GPS, Google Earthed the fuck out of everything
>All that prep goes out the window when we enter rez wilderness
>Nothing is marked as it "should" be or marked at all
>Roads on topos don't exist
>Spend hours trying to find the one trail that takes us north to the river
>Cousin's Jeep is guzzling fuel but we have jerry cans
>Encounter signs that are laying on the ground, signs that spin
>Each forest trail leads to a junction, then to another junction, repeat, repeat
>Feel like we are playing choose your own adventure
>We are now 5 hours past our planned arrival time
>Take this faint track down, looks like it will lead to river
>No river but we enter this idyllic meadow instead
>As we enter two cranes lift off and flay away from a small tank(pond)
>High slopes on all sides only one way int
>This place is beautiful and peaceful, wildflowers everywhere
>Totally still, quiet, no wind whatsoever
>We regroup our convoy and plan next move
>As my cuz is moving his jeep around we hear this loud crunch
>Look down and realize he has just run over a pile of bones
>We all laugh to ourselves, then my other cousin says look
>The entire meadow is covered in scattered sun bleached bones
>Spines, femurs, skulls, random unidentifiable bones everywhere
>Instant creep the fuck out, hair on back of neck standing on edge
>The mood shifts from peace to near panic
>We bug the fuck out of there and never look back

The forests of San Carlos Apache Country are spooky beyond belief. Very beautiful but couldn't shake this feeling we were being watched even though we were totally alone for four days.

pic related, just one of the many strange things encountered
>>
>>781034
>the sacred indian building codes
>>
One of my mates took a shit in the woods while out fishing, it was quite impressive
>>
>>781018
It is. That's like 7 extra pounds for something you'll never fucking use. Ever. Never ever. Unless you're blowing ammo on trees, in which case have at it, but the chance of you running into a bear or anything else you'll need a gun for is basically zero. This includes human contact with druggies, which you don't need 90 rounds of fucking war ammo for.
>>
Haven't run into anything spooky.

I see "shadow people" now and again in da woods when I'm tired, but yeah..., that's nothing.
>>
>>781062
>war ammo

You mean like fucking 9mm, .45, .223, and .308? Also known as some of the most common goddamn ammo for sporting use in the United States? Get fucked, libtard.
>>
>>781062
>War ammo

Fuckin retard
>>
>>779613
>It's a fucking pig
Obviously you've never been outside in the south, pigs, hogs and boars can very easily be man-eaters you fuck. There's a reason wherever they are, there's no restrictions on hunting them. Stop being an asshole
>>
Not really supernatural but scared the fuck out of me

>Camping with a friend in SE QLD, about 40 minutes off trail from a spot which is usually always empty
>Wake up in the middle of the night to relieve myself
>Walk over to a small clearing I had collected some kindling from earlier and leaning against a tree
>Someone walks up near behind me and in what I can only describe as a man impersonating a woman voice asks me what the time is
>"Wtf dude, you sound like a fruit, it's barely 3AM "
>No response, so I yelled something akin to "hello?" and my buddy back at the tent replies
>Never hear the voice again
>>
>>760199
>courdiling
do you mean curling anon?
>>
I heard some weird ass shit once when camping with my friends.
> Sounded like a woman screaming "HELP ME"
> Noise was all fucked up sounding
> No it was not any type of wildlife that i know walks this earth.
> Noise got closer to camp as the night went on..
> Weird ass "HELLLPPP ME!," "HELLPPPP ME!" getting louder and closer fucking fast
> Seriously no one could scream like that while moving so damn fast.
> Then there is nothing goes silent
> We go for a walk to get away from our fire and campsite
> We can still see the fire in the distance friends start bullshitting
> I see someone/something walk in front of the fire
> Tell them to shut the fuck up
> Wait about 30mins in the tall grass
> Sneak back to camp gather food and necessities
> Fucking shriek the likes of which i have never hear before or since, seriously i damn near shit myself
> We all NOPE hard to the truck
> Peel out while this thing is shrieking just off in the woodline.
Never camp there ever again..
Plan on going back there this year by myself if necessary since none of the people that where there will go back..
>>
>>760755
>im from Belgium
I dont know such country
>>
>>782670
its a wendigo my dude, remember the anasazi symbols they cant cross them
>>
>>782652
It should be "curdling."
>>
>>782670
So someone got caught in a fire and was screaming, begging for help, and because you think ghosts exist you let them burn to death without examining the situation and determining whether or not you could have provided aid. I hope they made it out alive.
>>
>>782738
fuck off man
you saying you would have helped them?
>>
>>782744
Yes, I'm a decent human being and don't have irrational fears of things that don't exist.

That is if I was able to help them. If the situation escalated to the point I would almost definitely die trying, I'd find help pretty fucking fast, not sit in the fucking grass for half an hour while someone burns to death. I'd be out looking for a signal to call the fire department out ASAP. Besides, forest fires. Need to contain that shit.
>>
>>782718
i did forget the d how embarrasing
>>
>be me innawoods with 4 friends
>mid November in Alaska, snow on ground, first time winter camping, nobody else in parking lot
>hike out 15 miles or so into woods following atv trail
>set up camp behind natural ridge, little windy coming off nearby lake
>area we're in has about 3 feet of snow, but pretty solid top crust so no snowshoes required
>make fire, make dinner, actually pretty warm considering 20 degrees
>time for sleep
>get in hammock, friends all get into same tent 20 feet away
>wake up at 1am, moon lit night, no wind at all anymore, very quiet
>hear snow crunching off in the distance, foot steps
>probably just a moose busting through top crust on snow
>crunching continues for 5 minutes, can't be bothered to get out of warm sleeping bag to peer out of tarp to see what it is
>foot steps get progressively closer, starting to wonder wolf?
>friends were idiots with food earlier, spilling beans and shit
>start hearing heavy breathing as it gets closer
>can't be bear, would be hibernating, can't be human, too heavy of breathing
>make a quiet call out to friends, "hey guys?" in a casual tone
>no response, all asleep
>thing continues to get closer, feel like its 5 feet away from my head
>shitting self and frozen stiff with fear
>sit there for what feels like 30 minutes as it stands there breathing, wtf is it doing?
>feel like going to die, finally get courage to peer out
>start getting out of sleeping bag, knowing it hears me, hope it doesn't maul my ass as I flail in a fury of nylon and down.
>peer out and feel cold air hit my face
>nothing.jpg
>look at tent, no activity
>look at ground, no foot steps other than my own
>wtf
>awake until morning, friends mention nothing
>>
>>782750
Pretty sure you misread the original story but don't let that stop you from tipping your fedora
>>
File: beezlebub.jpg (720KB, 1142x1795px) Image search: [Google]
beezlebub.jpg
720KB, 1142x1795px
>>782670

Shit man are you in TN?

>At home like everyone else in the thread
>at least I'm honest
>step outside for smoke
>11pm
>all quiet then from field in front of my house
>shrieking noise, feminine, sounding like "Help Me"
>over and over very quickly
>sitting still, listening and looking, but tree is in the way
>stops
>think what the fuck and lean around tree
>HELPMEHELPMEHELPMEHELPME
>really fucking loud like it's closer now
>grab glock
>point in general direction of the noise, because /k/'s prepared me for skinwalkers
>sounds like it's moving away
>stops

Seriously, why do skinwalkers get such a boner from fucking with people.
>>
>>768962
>>768963
>>768965
>>768981
>>768983
>>768988
>>768991
pasta/10
>>
>>780198
I've got a cordless grinder and a cutting torch, tell me where the bitch is and I'll get it open for ya.
>>
I once found a buck that had drowned in the muck of an outhouse.
No idea how it got in the outhouse in the first place let alone through the toilet seat.
>>
One time me and my friend Alex went out in the woods looking for Bigfoot, but we never found him. Instead we found a dead body, that night the police took the body, in the morning all the news channels were reporting about it. You see we grew up in a small town, so this was big news, anyway to make a long story short, I found out that Alex killed the guy. Alex said he was harassing his sister, so he had to put a stop to it. Someone must of overheard us, because the next day Alex was arrested. When they gave him is one phone call, he called me, he said I betrayed him. I tried to tell him that it wasn't me, but he didn't believe me. So he promised me that when he got out he would kill me. I was terrified, and also hurt, I couldn't believe my best friend didn't trust me. So time passed, and every night I thought about him killing me. Almost 2 years past, I still had the thought of murder in the back of my head, then I got a phone call, from Alex's mom, she told me that Alex was dead, he was beaten to death. I didn't know what to do, so I got in my car and just drove, I drove for days. I drove all the way to the Grand Canyon, and looked in to the distance. Then among the rest of the tourists, I saw Alex. I was shocked, he slowly walked up to me, when he was just a few feet from me, he said "Don't tell Meg I was the one who sent her the dick pic." Then he walked away, and disappeared into the crowd. I was speechless, and confused..... because I was the one who sent Meg the dick pic.
>>
>In elementary school in Texas going on a class field trip to the local nature learning area (not really sure how to describe it)
>after leaving the visitors center, class of 20 students goes walking with teacher on trail that follows a fairly sizable creek/river
>at some point, come upon a tree
>tree has a 6inch fish stabbed onto it by a knife like picture attached but with a wooden handle
>hanging off of the knife is a happy meal
>teacher removes the happy meal
>teacher removes the knife, fish falls to the ground
>teacher pretends nothing ever happened
>>
>>786321
T-then who was phone?
>>
Hey /out/ what kind of animals in the midwest sound off like Howler Monkeys when the sun sets? Im thinking frogs, but it sounds like death and chills the blood in my veins. Its like a monkey whooping and rocks grinding combined.
>>
>>786767
Mourning Doves
>>
>>786321
Do you think that he escaped prison somehow or that the beating he received was so severe his ghost was brain damaged?
>>
>>775970

http://simtable.com/apps/fireProgression/output2012/AZ-ASD-G3N0_%20mt%20trumbull%20complex.html
>>
>>775970
>>786806

If you decide to head there, I'll have to stress some things.

The cabins we were staying at are off-limits, you can be federally prosecuted if you attempt to squat on the premises.

There are artifacts everywhere. You can be fined up the ass for taking them and sent to prison. It's up to whatever moral code you abide by, but just think that whatever piece you take home to masturbate yourself to sleep with every night, is one less piece that future hikers will probably never see in its native area.

The cabin we found up near the peak has no trail going to it. I can promise you that it is up there. However, it is quite hidden (maybe less so now that a good portion of the mountain torched) and it could take quite a long time to scout it. If you decide to look for this cabin, bring a friend. There's something off about that mountain and I feel as though it's cougar territory.
>>
>>760171
I haven't laughed this hard for days. Why the fuck.
>>
>>786828
clown porn location
>>
>>763676
probably long enough that he shouldn't have been in any danger at all if his brother is 7 mins away and his father even closer
>>
>>764778
kek
>>
>>786356
What toy did he get?
>>
I saw a surprisingly human looking jawbone with gums and teeth, in the woods behind the Towson MD, YMCA. The year was... I think 1994. On one of the hiking trails.
>>
>>787735
You should have taken it to someone in the forest service and ask them to identify.
That way if it was human the family would at least have something to bury,since leaving it risked animals making of with it
>>
File: 1357087577301.jpg (38KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1357087577301.jpg
38KB, 450x337px
A buddy of mine and I follow people into the woods if they are camping or exploring, we sometimes follow them into other places too.
Nothing Malicious going on we just think it is funny to make animal noises, large bangs and something show ourselves from a distance for a split second.

It is kinda dickish but we reckon we have given some people good stories to tell. Anyways one time it almost backfired on us.
>Follow some campers in a woods.
>Bunch of young people like students.
>They are drinking boozing.
>We start making noises like coughing and footsteps.
>They start calling out so we retreat for a little bit.
>Campers spooked.
>After half an hour my buddy shouts hello.
>Campers really fucking rattle so we retreat again.
>Hour later is is about 2 am I stand on a hill in looking down at the camp in front of the moon.
>Some dude spots me and I immediately hide.
>Can see my buddy laughing at the guy panicking telling people he saw something.
>Wait another bit.
>Campers really fucking scared.
>it is like 4 am.
>Buddy lets out a piercing scream.
>One dude shouts fuck this shit, pulls out a gun and starts firing in our direction.
>Tree next to me gets hit by a bullet.
>Buddy and I get the fuck out of there.
After that we decided to keep some distances from now on, we rarely do it anymore since I have moved for college.
>>
File: 01.png (705KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
705KB, 1100x619px
>>787922
So now anything fucked-up can be justified because it'll make a good story?
>>
File: 02.png (490KB, 700x440px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
490KB, 700x440px
>>787922
>>
>>787924
>>787925
We were teens, a lot of people are dicks when they were teenagers and we learned a vital lesson that day, don't fuck with strangers because they may have guns.
>>
File: image.png (13KB, 236x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13KB, 236x320px
>>782750
Wasn't their an episode of Arthur about this? Where the kids hear spoopy noises from the woods and avoid them talking up stories of manevolent woodland spirits (baba yaga I think). Then finally then all get together, suit up in sports gear with umbrellas and shit as weapons, and go investigate the sound just to find out it's a trapped dogger which they save and reunite with its owner.

Anyways now that that's out of the way stop ruining our ghost stories
>>
>>760177
You encountered a juggalo
>woop woop
>>
>>760177
The sap inside of trees are known to freeze and expand during cold winters, thus practically exploding. Known to sometimes sound like gunshots. (Pic related)
>>
>>788006
It was the middle of winter but this is houston winter. I remember that night was cold but it probably didn't even get below freezing.

But that would be the best explanation of it that i have heard. I have been inawoods since i was a kid and the spookiest thing i ever experienced was in a sp 60 miles from the 4th largest city in america. Smhtbhfam
>>
>>787930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyzbopSAQs

Starts at 2:45 for Sue Ellen's Baba Yaga mini-story. I really should be setting up utilities for my new house but I appreciate the nostalgia. Great show. Used to have an old Arhut PC game as well.
>>
File: BucketNessie.png (10KB, 134x85px) Image search: [Google]
BucketNessie.png
10KB, 134x85px
>>766582
Implying>>766582
>>
>>788043
Kids shows used to be so good, what happened?
>>
>>788289
Dunno, but there definitely used to be some good ones.

Spoopy story contribution:
>car camping in Dixie National Forest in Utah because I was sick of driving for the day and just found a spot
>only person I saw the entire day basically
>established campgroudn with 7 or 8 other campsites spread out nicely
>obviously only person there
>nighttime comes, still getting used to camping alone in the woods
>have heard tons of spoopy, unnatural stories about Utah, although usually about desert
>in bag early, 9 pm ish, bats startin to fly around, no big
>all of a sudden, sounds like a number of bullfrogs up in the air changing directions
>at first, imagination runs wild... aliens, skinwalker,wendigo, blah blah
>end up realizing the sound seems to be following the sounds of the bats
>end up sleeping semi-decently even with a few more sounds throughout the night that i'm guessing were coons or something

Not overly exciting, but I was still a little spooked since I've never heard anything about a bullfrog sound up in the air or anything. Ended up being common nighthawks mating/feeding. They adjust their wings to a certain angle as they dive and it makes this fairly loud bullfrog-esque, whooping sound to attract mates I think. Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=E-_CDXH9qhY
>>
>>773534
no wonder you hate reading. have you tried a book that's actually good?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160610-124415.jpg (2MB, 1056x3920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160610-124415.jpg
2MB, 1056x3920px
>>
File: Screenshot_20160610-124442.jpg (1MB, 1080x2645px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160610-124442.jpg
1MB, 1080x2645px
>>790366
>>
File: Screenshot_20160610-124502.jpg (1MB, 1080x2342px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160610-124502.jpg
1MB, 1080x2342px
>>790369
>>
>>790370
Damn this story really made me shit my pants
>>
>>790195
Even if I did find a good book, I could never get far enough into it to really enjoy it. TV is so much better.
>>
>>790378
More things have happened at my Father's house, mang. It never seems to stop.
>>
>>760160
Heard a woman screaming for her life followed by 3 gunshots then silence. I was about 16 on a lil 2 day backpack trip into the woods with my friend. We left of course shortly after. Didn't really care to notify the police. Nor really heard anything about it. Looked a couple years ago when I was back up north for any body remains
>>
>>790422
MOAR
>>
>>790422
I'm a deist but I come from a catholic family ( I'm Hispanic lol) and we believe in this type of shit, see if you can paint your dad's house with bright colors like sky blue or something like that, believe it or not spirits and demons take control of places where there's sadness, anger and depression. Also try to bless your dad's house or even try to bring his morale up, all this seems to be caused by your dad's depression, try some of the stuff I told you about it may not completely make them leave but it will keep spirits away. Sorry for my bad English too lol.
>>
Walking along a Bear mountain, NY path near dusk. Looking around at the trees, I began thinking that this would be a great place for a Predator (yes that one) ambush. I heard a rustling from up above in one of the trees. I started doing imitation Predator clicks. Whatever was in the trees started moving, but I couldn't see what it was. I thought to myself that I shouldn't just stand there. Whatever was in the tree jumped to another tree and started heading towards me. I didn't see anything jump and couldn't see anything moving towards me. I turned and ran back as safely as I could to the parking area. Once I was back at my car, I chided myself for being freaked out by a movie monster. A fucking movie monster.
>>
>>790504

Some asshole probably got away with murder. What the fuck?... that's on you, anon.
>>
>>790705
bystander-blaming is literally worse than victim blaming anon

as the evolved spawns of planet earth it's our odin-given right to allow others to treat and be treated like dirt
>>
>>787857
I showed it to a camp counselor, and they knocked it out of my hand, and told me not to pick it up again, because it was disgusting.
>>
>>790715

I don't need a morality lesson from an Odin-loving-faggot. Take gungnir out of your asshole and fuck off.
>>
>>790783
although I don't like being treated like dirt i will defend to the death your right to do so without a white knight or good samaritan swooping in to save me
>>
>have a ghetto friend
>raised in shit school, hard ass parents
>essentially a hoodnigga in a white dude's skin
>he's learned to pretty much be domesticated on a daily basis but every now and then it dials up and he goes apeshit
>find out he likes camping
>help him get geared up, he's for some reason ecstatic for it even though he usually hates bugs and nature
>really rearing to go
>almost weirded out with how much he wants to go
>we finally go hiking and camping
>moderately long trail, off out of the way of the heavily populated trails, he wanted to not be bothered by other people
>all the skinwalker threads on /out/ and /x/ are getting to me at this point
>but other than his excitement to camp he's completely normal
>feel paranoid, like we're being watched as we hike
>he's actually apparently a huge nature buff, getting up in the dirt and shit to take pictures of flowers
>i shit you not, this 6'3 200 pound chief keef bumping loaf is down on his stomach picking flowers and saying "damn, that shit is beautiful"
>his odd behavior is at the same time freaking me out and calming me down
>he notices this, we're like 4 miles in at this point and it's getting dark, if he actually were planning on killing me i expected it to be now
>he stops midway through taking a picture
>looks at me wordlessly, eyes me up and down
>"man are you gonna get gay on me or something? you're being weird as shit"
>at this point there's no way he could be a skinwalker, laugh and explain the situation to him
>"naw come on dude that shit ain't real"
>we get a fire going and set up our tents
>it's like pitch black now
>my fear returns, not of my friend, but simply the environment
>friend is oblivious
>we go to bed
>it's so dead quiet for some reason i can hear my friend's deep ass breathing in his sleep
>as i tune in to try and listen, in some odd attempt to calm myself down, the lull of his breathing is broken by distant noises
>sit up, heart completely sinks, stomach twisted in fear

cont
>>
File: 1463203798808.png (187KB, 290x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463203798808.png
187KB, 290x368px
>>790795
cont

>definitely not a deer, or some sort of animal just moving through the brush
>reminiscent of stalking, lurking - very slow and methodical snaps, like a creature simply too large too keep itself completely silent as it plods through the undergrowth
>fire has been dead for hours, no light from the moon
>feels like i've got a golfball in my throat
>begin to worry for my friend, there's no way i could help him in time or even help myself
>thoughts race until it almost feels like time come to a stop when i hear it
>fucking
>breathing
>i can actually HEAR something fucking breathing in the distance, it's so different from the noises of my friend's rhythmic breaths - like it's all i can hear
>can hear it either growing louder or coming closer
>can hear the soft stamp of footsteps
>all the sudden i hear a stir in my friends tent
>the silence of the night shatters with the yell of my guardian gorilla
>"SHHUT THE FFFFUCK UP, MAYN!"
>the entire perimeter of our camp almost shakes like the forest is alive
>can hear like 6 sets of footsteps sprint off in all directions
>bushes and twigs being wrestled about and pushed aside
>friend exasperatedly yells once more
>"GAHDAMN. JEEZE."
>sit there in silence
>he falls back to sleep in like minutes
>stay up whole night in fear
>ambient forest noises seem to creep back in
>bugs and birds take their cue
>don't hear any more rustling or footsteps

to this day we're still best friends, i dunno what it was, but i'll say this - i'm never going camping without a hoodrat again
>>
>>787872
What
>>
>>790786

Never knew Odin worshipers were such cowards. There's a big difference between calling the cops over hearing odd shit in the woods and informing IC3 that someone wants to rape you on a forum, friend.

Different levels of white knighting out there, pal.
>>
>>763653
Where was this?
>>
File: 1375761402256.png (71KB, 235x310px) Image search: [Google]
1375761402256.png
71KB, 235x310px
>>760198
>death throws
>>
>>790804
Coyotes probably? Maybe racoons or something. Either way, good to have a hoodrate homie who just doesn't give a fuck and will just holler in the middle of the night haha.

>or skinwalker
>>
>>790543
No man. Thanks a lot for this. I'm willing to do absolutely anything at this point, especially because the house is going to be left to me when he passes away.

I never want to get the house bulldozed, so anything will do. He built it all by himself. It isn't done yet but I don't want to let it go. It's a part of him.
>>
>>790514
Okay. I'll give you more.

This time it is going to be about my grandparent's house. We all lived on the same street, so the houses all had a real bad vibe and the people that moved onto the street years later all have issues. Divorces, spousal abuse, child abuse (sexual, physical, and mental) and yet most never leave, even though they want to. My street is like some kind of black hole.

>be 4 or 5
>suffering from insomnia and child neglect due to druggie parents and absent brother (he always slept over friend's houses, 4 yrs older)
>stayed up to make sure mother was still breathing one night
>the tv was always on a constant "white noise" channel. It was the only way my mother could sleep
>the best was when it was on pbs, we only had antenna with 7 channels
>poor_af.jpg
>that night, as I laid by my mother, I got a weird feeling
>I will never forget it because it left such a big impact on me
>our door was always closed and locked
>we all stayed in the same room with my mom and we weren't allowed to leave without her
>she was always scared of us telling someone what she did
>>
>>791054

Anyway

>i started hearing movement in the hallway
>"Must be, Dad...?"
>I wish it was him.
>the locked door was shoved open and all I saw were these darker than dark figures moving around in the hallway

Now, mind you, my grandparent's house was legitimately made from the trees from the surrounding woods where there, apparently, was once the living area of Lenni Lenape Indians.

>at first I calmed down and really got interested because they were small and didn't seem like they wanted to hurt me
>then they started
>their movements became faster and they went along the walls
>they multiplied and started going to the line of the door
>for some reason they couldn't come into the room
>I started to cry and try to wake my mom up
>I wasn't crying because of the shadows, I was crying becausr I had to wake my mother

And let me tell you, once she saw the door was open, all hell broke loose. But, it was different than her normal, irrational, and drug induced fury.

No, no. My mother was mortified. First, she slapped me and yelled, "Why would you open the door? You knowknow it is supposed to stay closed and locked! Fuck!"

The slap made me stop crying and I watched her trying to scramble towards the door on all fours.

Then, the scariest shit happened.

>shadows began to collect and morphed into the shape of my mother

I know this sounds crazy, but it happened. It all happened.

>it mimicked her movements and went towards the door
>mother was visibly shaking
>managed to slam the door and she yelled to me to pass me her bible
>I did what she said immediately and she propped it up against the door
>threw up, fell asleep, and the noises stopped
>>
>>791056
>I ended up falling asleep and thought it was all a nightmare because my mother must have cleaned the throw up in the morning

It took 7 years of counseling to remember that and I didn't tell my counselor because I know she would think I was schizophrenic.

The house is still there.
>>
>>791043
Yeah man I hope things get better. Back then I used to have depression, nightmares were a daily thing and weird shit would happen at my house sometimes. It wasn't until I started to go out with friends that things started to change, my house used to be brown and so I heard bright colors change the mood positively and so my family painted the house with a light yellow, also my mom blessed the house by spraying holy water and by putting those mexican holy candles that have saints and stuff. Since then I no longer have nightmares and I'm more happy, also no weird stuff happens to me anymore although the house feels a little tense once in a while like if I'm being observed but I don't pay attention to it. So I really hope my advice works and things get better for you.
>>
>>790366
>>790369
>>790370

Read this last night before bed, got some pretty perturbing dreams out of it
>>
>>791104
I have a feeling that it definitely will get better. I'll have to light the candles and stuff when my pops isn't home because he thinks that stuff is weird. I'm definitely doing it tho. I am glad to know you are so much better. I hope it gets even better for you, anon.
>>
>>791106
What kind of dreams?
>>
>>791109
Just replaying those scenes like I was there, I woke up a couple times. Scarry shit don't wish that on anyone. Demonic face looking through window, Is the worst.
>>
>>791117
Yeah. I still have nightmares. It will never leave my head. Sorry, mayn.
>>
>>768080
That was a shit story.
>>
>Decide to go camping inawoods near an old house
>Myself, 3 guys and two girls
>Bring some shrooms and beer and shit
>Light campfire and set up tents
>Start drinking early
>Starts to get dark
>I cook our dinner which consisted of sausages and bacon cooked on a pan over the fire
>We are all pretty drunk by now and it is pitch black
>Start to take the shroorms and tell ghost stories(fucking stupid idea)
>One friend gets so fucked up he starts to run around
>Runs out of the campsite and does not comeback
>Wait a few minutes, no sound besides general forest sounds
>I start to get worried and wonder should be look
>One of the guys says he is just fucking with us, both girls agree and the other dude is passed out(we already drew weiners on his forehead)
>About half an hour passes
>Really fucking worried now, bit long for a joke
>Get some flashlights and start to venture out
>Try to wake up sleeping friend but he is pretty much unconscious.
>Put some more logs on the fire to keep him going
>Walk around the campsite a bit and into the forest hoping our missing friend will jump out or we found him safely passed out somewhere
>Fucking find nothing
>Return to campsite and wait some more
>Check on sleepy friend
>He is fucking gone
>Inform friends
>One of the girls says he is probably gone for a piss
>Other girl says they are both in on some stupid prank and he was faking sleeping
>For some stupid reason we keep taking shrooms to pass the time
>sleepy friend has been gone for about an hour now
>Decide to search again
>One person says we should split up
>I think thats a dumb fucking idea but everyone else agree like it is some retarded horror story
>I decide to check the old house
>Pretty small two roomed cottage, smells like ass and looks dangerous so we did not camp in it
>Approach it getting pretty fucking weird blair witch vibes but I reckon guys probably hid in here
>I approach the shitty looking door, I open the door, get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur.
>>
>>791470
The story has do many inconsistencies i am amazed i even got to the dinosaur.

Your post is so bad i can't even tell you which website you should go back to.
>>
>camping innawoods with a friend
>it's night time, I've been sipping whiskey and I need to pee
>walk over to nearby tree
>standing there with flashlight in mouth
>suddenly wolves start howling across the lake
>reflexively look up
>flashlight catches a pair of bright yellow owl eyes like 20 meters away standing on a tree branch level with the ground I'm on

Long story short I stumbled back and peed on myself
>>
>>760204

Eglin res?
>>
>be me
>live in southwest montana
>decide to go hiking in one of the many mountains we have
>everything's going well
>only a day hike
>just me
>walking along trail when something catches my eye
>old cabin hidden by cover of trees
>aw shit yeah something to explore
>looks like it's been abandoned for quite some time
>leaning a bit to one side but other than that intact
>easily open door
>walk in on to super dusty wood floor
>cabin looks like it's only 2 rooms
>take a few steps forward testing the strength of floor
>seems intact
>everything's there from possibly 130-140 years ago
>old stove, decaying table, metal plates and silverware
>seems to be a cabin for one
>walk into second room
>nope the fuck out
>skeleton of person in corner in fetal position
>very old but still stained blood marks in floor, rusty axe in opposite corner
>get the fuck out of cabin immediately
>run out of woods
>run back to trail
>don't stop running until I see another person
Never been back there again.
>>
File: tumblr_m6ircrOm6E1rziwwco1_250.gif (771KB, 245x201px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ircrOm6E1rziwwco1_250.gif
771KB, 245x201px
>>760160
>Age 18, first year working full time, drinking heaps
>One time I was camping at a dam with my mates.
>Good time, we had kayaks and had steaks to cook up because one dude was a butcher.
>Some girls there too, tried to get laid. Obviously didn't
>One night was real cold
>snuggled with others for warmth
>no homo
>Next morning precum on back of jocks
>But it was only girls in the tent
>mfw
>>
>>773519
Homeless people were squatting on your grandfather's land.
>>
>>773289
My attempt at translation:
>How it is? Ha! Gun laws for /out/doors/innawoods? Sounds crazy as fuck.

Are you asking about the laws for going /out/doors in Utah?
>>
>>790401
>Degeneracy.
>>
>>763219
/thread
>>
>>763676
With both arms? Prolly about 5 mins.
Pull arms to central mass, it's easier than it seems.

Most people can hold their own weight, surely. Just hold at your chest, not constantly pull up and down.
>>
File: 1435755670754.jpg (334KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1435755670754.jpg
334KB, 650x1000px
>>760199
>holding your gf

haha how gay

i miss her

but im glad i can see her soon
>>
>>790795
>>790804
You fucked up when you vocally mentioned the name 'skinwalker'. That shit summons them like fucking Voldemort, man.
>>
Creepiest thing I've come across was a bunch of cow skins and organs in the bush. Must have been from a few cows, since there were a few heads in there.
It really creeped me out for a while, but then I found out that kind of shit happened fairly often on that track, by butchers who couldn't be fucked to get rid of the offal and shit themselves.
Apparently some people had found horse heads as well, which was a little odder since (mobile) butchers around here don't exactly deal with horses.
>>
>>791057
>because I know she would think I was schizophrenic. The house is still there.
Did you start to have these reclaimed memories and events around your mid twenties? That's usually when schizophrenia sets in.
>>
>>792412
Oh wait, looked it up cause curious: it's adolescence to early adulthood when the symptoms really kick in.
>>
>>791057
>>791056
>>791054
>>790366
>>790369
>>790370
If the shadow people bother you again just rip into them for being a meme tier spook almost as bad as slenderman and they will fuck off immediately.
>>
>>791057
What if you actually do have schizophrenia m8? The fact that your folks also see this stuff means it could be hereditary.
>>
>>768857
things that want to kill you in the woods don't make loud noises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phib36cTLiI
>>
>>792552
This just explained 50% of this thread lol
>>
>>792552
also,
foxes make some pretty unsettling noises if you haven't heard them before
>>
>>792562
and fishers are similar. it's like a baby banshee screaming from hell while it's being circumcised. or at least that's what it reminded me of.

Fisher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvdzCGjbzw

Vixen:
https://youtu.be/qwiwqKE-moo
>>
>>790543
>spirits and demons only appear to people who are mentally ill
Right, that's what's happening
>>
>>764006
>things that didn't happen
Boolits don't whiz, they "crack"
>>
>>794339
this depends on if they are subsonic or not
>>
File: 1464125344978.webm (451KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464125344978.webm
451KB, 480x480px
>>792346
thats some spooky shit there famalam

I... would eventually come back. But if shit had been moved since, i.e. moved/missing axe, I would just nope the fuck out
>>
>>786803
>the beating he received was so severe his ghost was brain damaged?

I fucking died.
>>
>Walking through a small cave with friends
>It's a well visited cave, lots of graffiti.
>slide around in the mud, eventually reach a small room that ends the cave
>we all turn our lights out, pitch fucking black, someone starts telling a really shitty ghost story
>no one can scare each other, we suck at creating stories
>I ask "what if there was an earthquake right now? "
>We contemplate this, as we were in an earthquake prone area.
>everyone nopes the fuck out, we get out of there
>It was still fun to go spelunking a bit though
>>
>>790795
Should have got gay and cuddled up to him.
>>
>>791120
Salt won't do shit. Only in the name of Jesus can you drive away a demon. Stay away from the apostate catholic church, Baptist seem to be more bible based.
>>
>>792346
That's some spooky shit right there. If I walked into a cabin and found a skeleton that would scare the fuck out of me just because I wouldn't really expect to find something like that. Also, kind of makes you wonder how long it has been there, if the cabin is old it could be some forgotten person that died a very long time ago.
>>
>>790370
I want to be sarcastic and snarky with this but not gonna lie in pretty spooked
>>
File: 1466159031261.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1466159031261.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>795207
that was so anti climactic
>>
>>760160
watch the movie willowcreek
i enjoyed the ending very much ;3
>>
>>764006
Happened to my dad last year when he was riding our horse in the pasture. Neighbor cop was using his target range that was hidden behind some trees.
>>
>>795747
>Neighbor cop
not even once
>>
>>787925
>impact
Hello 2008
>>
>>790401
namefag is a retard, who'd guess
>>
>>764240
Its a big school of fish swimming together
>>
>>760171
>>760176
pacific NW I assume?

idk, could've been put there by some guy hiking for a laugh or to weird out other hikers, that's my guess
>>
This happened at the gun range.
>Get up one morning, ready to fire the new weapon I just bought (Ar15)
>Had very shitty dream about me bein shot by someone that same night
>I didn't want to go shoot the weapon 100% because of that, but meh
>Make breakfast, and lights in my house start flickering
>wakemeup.png
>At this point, i get dressed asap, get in my car and go to the range
>No one there, even though Saturday is packet full of people
>"Who gives a shit am i right ?"
>Get out my gun, and start practicing
>It feels like a bazooka
>Sounds like a cannon.
>The recoil bruised my shoulder.
>The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face.
>The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick.
>The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD.
>For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
> In semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened.
>In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.
>All it takes is the will to do it.
>Forty-nine people can be gone in 60 seconds.

I still have to see a therapist to this day
>>
>>797730
Fucking kek'd
>>
>>797730
>packet full of people
Did you remember to add the water?
>>
>>797909
English is not mother tongue
>>
>>781062
>war ammo
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>790366
>>790369
>>790370
Shove your phone screen caps up your ass, faggot.
>>
>>791117
Is a face looking through your window in a nightmare a thing? I had a few of those when I was little and it would feel like you couldn't move.
>>
>>779226

Get the fuck out you jesusfucking asshole

No-one wants to hear your proselytising, If you want to spout your right-wing asshole religion go somewhere that cares like err...pol/, the board made specifically to keep you fucks away form us normal people
>>
>>781062

>war ammo

I bet he was using an AR-15 assault rifle with tactical copkiller magazines as well
>>
File: 4L_Dk2FzptA.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Dk2FzptA.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
found a skull hanging from a tree in the middle of no where
>>
>>802375
I think it's spookier that your trees grow sideways
>>
>>760177
I live just next to Brazos bend park and am still waiting on something spoopy to happen. All I see at night is deer and owls
>>
>>802375
someone is letting the meat fall off/eaten off by animals so they can mount it. it's dank
>>
>>800772
Very likely

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
>>
>>760160
I live innawoods.
Friend showed me a picture a neighbor took of a black panther in his yard (about 20 miles from my place).
Cat was beautiful- full grown.
Few days later it was a nice night so I decided to go for a walk around dusk.
Got about a half mile away, on a dirt road- when I heard something growl.
Started to panic, looked around everywhere with my flashlight- was ready to run or try and club whatever it was with my 4 cell maglite.
At first I was thinking bear but couldn't get the picture of that panther out of my head.
Was about to start jogging back the way I came when I heard the growl again...
It was my stomach.
I almost crapped my pants because I was focused on the wood line and not myself.
>>
>>801985
>typing it pol/
>implying you're a normal person
yeah, nice try you fucking shill.
>>
File: 1464647687788.jpg (175KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464647687788.jpg
175KB, 960x960px
Got a few spooky stories
>be walking around local park
>find a bunch of rope and socks
>under them is a rock that says "brain worms" or something like that written underneath
>run away

>be driving from LA to SF
>decide to take the scenic route along the ocean
>amazing views but horrible if you're afraid of heights, next to the edge the whole time
>it's around 11 at night, miles from anything
>all of a sudden I see this guy on the side of the road, in complete darkness
>just standing there, not even walking, and staring at me
>drive away as fast as I can
>>
Bump this
>>
>>760204
That was a fucking roar, and I'm suprised it didn't run after you and fuck you up. You honestly should have moved slowly out of its territory
>>
>>769526
They are terrifying, but a physically fit Human with a knife can go toe to toe. Albeit you'll be fucked up after you kill it, and trust me the fucker won't stop coming for your neck.

My Uncle has deep scars from when he killed a cougar while hunting after Vietnam.
>>
>>781062
>war ammo
Do you mean like depleted uranium slugs pr something?
>>
Pushing this thread over bump limit so you have to start a new one. Haha.
>>
>>760160
I was in my local woods walking my cat one day, like late afternoon, around 7 ish, and I came to a clearing about 2 mile deep in the woods, way off the track, and there was this old guy shoving a fallen branch up his ass.

He didn't notice me at first, I picked up my cat and tried to get closer but I startled him, he spun around with this 5ft branch hanging out his bloody ass crack and screamed "it's not me beth" then charged at me, this fucker ended up chasing me about half a mile through the woods screaming "I just wanted to feel", when I finally looked back he was gone.

Found his blood stained crusty Y fronts in the clearing like a month later but no fallen branch.
>>
>>803886
I didn't mean to scare you bro.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>803886
that really puts the bloody poopy in bloody spoopy!
>>
>>773843
>squatch
>>
>>779142
did your mom get clean?
>>
>>792364
your friends turned into girls?
>>
>>760364
wow, is this thread still alive?
nah, I didnt't care, I live in a small town, and the local news didnt report anyone missing.
also I live in a peaceful area in central eu
>>
>>763653
Did you join them? I would.
>>
>>804879
>meth addict
>getting clean
She's either in prison or dead.
>>
Has anyone else encountered articles of clothing just laying on bushes or trees out in the middle of the woods? I'm talking about sets of clothes placed there by somebody like if they were streaking or skinny dipping, but no signs of anyone in the area.
>>
>>760160
While backpacking through Clifty Wilderness in KY, my friends and I found a weird campsite with a bunch of burned gear and clothes. Half burned jeans, pack, and a bunch of melted plastic.
>>
Hey like I said I can't believe my spoopiest experience was in brazos bend of all places. I was raised on a 200 acre farm. I have spent probably a fifth of my nights outdoors. I am not a city fag and am not making the story up. That night there were probably 3 campsites in use. No one was there it was mid winter. The bassy whoop plus the two trees breaking are in my mind unexplainable.

Also, did you get flood? Supposedly this last flood was worse than 92. I was in camp karankawa during the 92 flood.
>>
>>760171
"Something feels....funny."
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.