[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp the thread where I posted died. I need a backpack to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 2013_10_kriega-r25.jpg (389KB, 1280x1248px) Image search: [Google]
2013_10_kriega-r25.jpg
389KB, 1280x1248px
Welp the thread where I posted died.

I need a backpack to use on long trips on my motorcycle, yes I already have other means of luggage and I know riding with a backpack is shite,
but I need something to carry stuff I can't afford to lose like documents and shit and eventually some camping gear if I need to walk a long distance from my bike.

So far I've selected these two, kriega r25 wich is the most comfortable for riding (apparently) and the exped glissade wich seems more versatile and is water resistant, and I can hook shit to the daisyhoops.

My main focus is comfort really, anybody here has any experience and preference on this?

The goruck was one of the backpacks I was considering,
it looks pretty compact even for being 20lt.
>>
>>>755715
>>
>>759357
see if I give a fuck
>>
>>759349
Get saddle bags
>>
>>759403
>I already have other means of luggage and I know riding with a backpack is shite, but I need something to carry stuff I can't afford to lose
>>
>>759349
Op do you already have a tank bag? If not good. You can strap a pack to the top of most gas tanks. So something with heavier straps is gonna be better. And something with a long waist strap/belt also is gonna be required.
>>
>>759403
>if I need to walk a long distance from my bike.
OP wants something he can wear off the bike

i think there are tankbag/backpack hybrids you could consider
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
OP I am also a rider who was just trying to figure this shit out last week!

Here are some photos of my rigging

I just used a milsurp bag I bought while in the military and cargo netted it to the discrete sissy bar. Cargo net was $10 and I couldnt be happier with the purchase, as it saved me $200 from the wolfman luggage I thought i needed to get.

I also have a small tank bag that I'll probably put a few random items in just to save space.

I also have a "tactical" pouch attachment/fanny pack that I will either loop around my handlebars or front forks.

My only concern with the front forks is that it may block a significant amount of windflow to my heat exchanger, but I could be completely wrong.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>759717
My bike of course has a banana seat so it made this set up very easy for me. What kind of bike to you have? I want a pic of it so I can ponder an arrangement

im really happy I had enough room for my camp chair lmfao.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>759721
note that my back has straps for tents or whatnot on the left and right sides, giving me a ton of extraspace to put my tent on the right and chair on the left. This feature was a major convience and I highly suggest you look for the same in a bag.

Another thing: since its milsurp, its littered with molle. This is great because I can attach nicknacks THROUGH the cargo netting. Its what I may just do with my tactical fanny pack, I'll provably also attach my enamel mug in there too via ziptie or carabiner.

Oh yeah, Im going to go buy a big pack of zipties for extra security, especially with the chair. I'd recommend it to anyone niggarigging a bike.

In this pic the tent fit under the cargo net but as you saw from the other side, I fit the side straps through the net, another advantage of those side straps if the net wont stretch far enough out for you.
>>
File: P8090094.jpg (280KB, 1075x534px) Image search: [Google]
P8090094.jpg
280KB, 1075x534px
>>759593
>You can strap a pack to the top of most gas tanks

I've seen that shit, I think kappa make a universal harness or something like that,
would be nice if I can find the right backpack.

I'm also considering a tankbag with a clear top for a gps/phone, but my tank is not that big I doubt I'd be able to fit anyting bigger than 15lt.

>>759717
>>759721
>>759731
Nice rig, that a big ass chair you got there,
I wanted one too but they're just too big and heavy to justify.
This is how I nigger rigged my shit last trip (bike on the left), 35lt wp bag strapped to frame and my sleeping pad just fixed with a spider net.

Fuck now that I think about it there's no way I can fit all the luggage I want on this bike,
goddamnit.

>note that my back has straps for tents or whatnot on the left and right sides, giving me a ton of extraspace

That's great, but personally I wasn't thinking about using the backpack as "main", that would make it too much of an hassle to carry it around day in and out, I'd rather leave he camping gear on the bike unless I absolutely need to.

The exped I was considering is made for carrying snow gear, so it gives me the possibility to stick my camping gear to it if needed,
but I don't think I'd be able to use it as a tankbag and I'm not sure about carrying it while I ride.

>tactical fanny pack
Mmm that wouldn't be bad either, maybe one of those big waistpack so that when I'm riding I can just let the weight rest on the seat.

All in all a milsurp bag like that would be ideal, but I can't find anything small enough and most importantly water resitant enough for me.
>>
>>759721
Jesus fuck dude police up your danglies
>>
>>760252
I think the bag was just set up like that for the pic, there's no way that shit wouldn't end up in the wheel.
>>
>>760252
It was just for a test dummy. On D-day I will roll up the straps and duct tape them.
>>
>>760232
Looks like the tankbag/backpack hybrid people are posting about and saddlebags will do it for you. Maybe you can niggarig something on your front forks as well.
>>
File: 51VcdaI-AgL._SY355_.jpg (26KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51VcdaI-AgL._SY355_.jpg
26KB, 355x355px
Badum bump

I found a universal tank harness for backpacks, but I still need to pick a backpack.

Is there any model like pic related that's also water resistant to some degree?
>>
>>762567
Seeing as how its a milsurp bag it probably is water resistant to a degree. I would buy that bag for a tank bag.

If youre that concerned just put your contents in a trashbag before putting in a backpack
>>
>>762575
>to a degree
That specific one is 500 cordura, it's not awful but not good for the kind of rain I have to face.

Wrapping my stuff in some waterproof bag is a good idea, but it's annoying when I need my stuff on the go wich is most of the time.
A rain cover would be better, but I can't use the molle when it rains like that.
>>
>>762591
Get a dry sack and dealwithit.jpg
>>
>>763199
I already have a drysack on my motorcycle
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.