[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaining a lot of weight hiking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1426046368002.jpg (37KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
1426046368002.jpg
37KB, 461x461px
So, I gained like 7 pound of weight since I started hiking daily and backpacking. Been going on for 2.5~ months- lots of uphill mountainy hikes.

I understand that weight can fluctuate a lot, but this is weighting after not eating and drinking before bed and shitting everywhere in the morning.

Is there a reason for this? My diet has not really changed. Could it be muscle? But that would not make as much sense.

Went from like 152~ to 160~
>>
>>758243
Muscle is more dense than fat.
>>
>>758245
Might be partially that reason; I have doubts that much muscle could be gained in that time. Though, I kind of started from nothing.

Remember when Spenny tried to gain weight by working out everyday? He lost
>>
>>758250
It is more surprising that you have only gained that much in muscle mass. You may have trimmed off fat to balance it out though.
>>
>>758252
yeah, I was getting porky from working in an office full of food.

I am also 5'11"

my cardio is a lot happier too.
>>
could be water weight. Chances are you're drinking a lot more water just from being more active or your body thinks it should hold onto more because it's like oh shit, we goin hiking again, better add it to the reserves

source: making it up because it sounds good
>>
>>758256
I'm 6'2" and went from 220lbs to 172lbs in 2 months doing trails with a logging company. I gained about 20lbs or so in muscle mass until I was around 190lbs. Brutal shit but I felt so god damn good afterwards. Never worked so hard in my life.
>>
>>758258
sounds scientific enough for me

>>758262
nice, busting ass daily feels great
>>
>>758243

If you've done mountains, it could very well be muscle. But you can only tell if that's the case from what you look like in the mirror. Google some guides as to how to use calipers to determine your body fat percentage and you'll be able to figure out where the weight is coming from.

What's your diet like?
>>
>>758400
3 months is not enough time to gain 7 pounds and not even one pound of muscle if you are natty. Chances are that OP is being eating more carbs because of muh lost calories cuz I'm hiking.
>>
>My diet has not really changed.
You have to have eaten a lot more calories to gain that much weight. As someone said, could be water weight, but that's a fuck ton of water weight.
>Could it be muscle?
In the case of your weight increasing, you can't really gain muscle without gaining a decent amount of fat too. And if it was only muscle gain (more or less body recomposition) it would take a lot more time and you wouldn't gain any significant amount of weight.

You are consuming a lot more calories than you think.
>>
More active = hungrier = more food = more weight.
>>
Water weight is a possibility. You are going to retain more water after exercise. But 7 pounds is a lot--maybe you were dehydrated when you got your starting weight?

The more likely answer is you are eating more calories and just don't realize it. Or at least that accounts for a majority of the weight you've gained.

You're thinking about gaining muscle is incorrect. You gain weight from calories. Whether that additional weight is fat or muscle depends on how much exercise you're doing. So it is probably a bit of both, but mostly fat. You're eating more without realizing it.

Or you have a tumor somewhere.
>>
7 lbs aint nuthing....that measurement dont mean anything in 2 months time...ur freaking over nuthing
>>
>>758625

Yeah listen to the guy that writes like a nigger
>>
>>758243
You are supposed to weigh yourself after morning BM
Any other measurement is skewed
>>
>>758657

No, no before *and* after.

Need to keep track of those shits, bro.
>>
>>758243
You gained 3kg? My weight goes up and down by about 4kg every few days. It doesn't mean anything unless you're putting in a long term effort to exorcise and gain/loss weight. Over the past few months I've had a definite increase of 10kgs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.