[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you camp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2016-03-31-21-02-36.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-31-21-02-36.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
What do you bring?
What do you do?
How long do you do it?
Do you go alone?

>I bring my bicycle and bring a backpack with a hoodie and a wool blanket, a knife, 2 pounds of nuts, a fishing pole and a bottle to hold water.
>I usually ride about 50 miles out into a national forest and go as deep as possible.
>If the fishing is good I stay for up for a month, if no fish in the streams I find I will stay for 3-5 days
>Yes always alone, nobody is willing to camp the way I camp, I build my own shelters and fires etc and bring almost nothing. People don't think it's fun but I do.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (39KB, 428x288px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
39KB, 428x288px
>I bring my unicycle and bring a fannypack with a $1 emergency rain poncho and a cotton tablecloth, a potato peeler, 2 pounds of ballbearings, a lightning rod and a matryoshka doll to hold water.
>I usually ride about 95 miles out into a desert and up a vertical cliff to the top of a mesa
>If the peyote is good I stay for up for a month, if no peyote I find I will stay for 3-5 days
>Yes always alone, nobody is willing to camp the way I camp, I build my own shelters and fires etc and bring almost nothing. People don't think it's fun but I do.
>>
>>757480
what do you wipe your ass with or brush your teeth with?
>>
>>757501
I wipe my ass with leaves and brush my teeth about every 6 months. Never had a cavity in my life. Never had a woman complain about breathe either. Toothpaste is a scam. Wash your mouth with water.
>>
>>757480
>i'm so much cooler than you guys look how cool and woodsman-y I am
>>
>>757617
You don't camp? :o
>>
>>757480
>How do you camp
I like doing long distance Hikes.
>what do you do
Walk in the woods from daylight until almost dark.
>how long do you do it
Because of my job I can get about a week at a time.
>do you go alone
Usually, though the wife has went with me a few times. Got some friends who like to canoe, fish, so I go with them sometimes. None of the three will go backpacking though.
>what do you bring
More than you Im sure. I dont build my own shelters. I bring a tarptent. I rarely start a fire while doing a LDH, I have a MSR pocket rocket for cooking. As stated above I only get a week to do a 100+ mile hike. If I had to build a shelter and gather fire wood everynight I would have to cut my mileage down quite a bit.
>>
>>757811
Nice man, I have gotten good at building shelters and fires, you'll only need to build a shelter if the weather forces you to, unless you just want to build one for the fuck of it. Takes me about an hour to get a nights worth of wood, a shelter can take between 30 minutes and 3 hours depending on how I want to build it. So I don't think it is much time but it is definately a lot of extra energy for a LDH if you aren't used to that. A lot of times I will do LDH too, they are the best.

Best tip I have for getting wood fast is t take entire fallen branches, place them over a rock at an angle and toss another rock onto the branch to break it into smaller pieces. You can grab a single 100 pound branch and get every level of fuel quite easily. Do that a few times over and you're already done!
>>
>>757494
I don't know ehy, but this really tickled me. Thanks anon, I'm laughing like an idiot right out in public.
>>
>>757494
Underrated post
>>
File: windgen.jpg (697KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
windgen.jpg
697KB, 1920x1440px
>>757480
I go motorcycle camping mostly. I'll take into account how much time I want to spend on the road and then start working out a looping route that'll take me through a bunch of neat places on smaller secondary highways and roads (I try to avoid traveling on Interstates and other divided highways as much as possible). I usually just come up with a vague idea of what my route will be when I set out and will decide on what specific roads to take on the fly. Sometimes I'll stay an extra day at a location and just ride around locally for half a day and then do laundry, go fishing, read a book, go for a hike, or whatever else I want to do and other days I'll knock out 500-600 miles on the road. It's more fun for me when I keep it spontaneous and do whatever I feel like doing in the moment rather than trying to stick to a rigid schedule.

I bring some tools, books, camping gear, clothing, a collapsible fishing pole and some tackle, etc. I'll usually eat lunch and breakfast on the road and will cook dinner at camp.

I try to shoot for 1-2 week long trips but sometimes I can only go for a weekend. The longest trip I took was 3.5 weeks.

I always go alone, I don't have many friends who ride and certainly don't have any who are willing to take off for a week or two (or more) for a motorcycle trip; they're all married and work regular jobs with limited vacation time so their vacations are normally spent going to visit either their own or their spouse's family during holidays.
>>
>>757480
Camp? We just post about it and buy really expensive gear. We don't actually go out and use it.
>>
File: gifs_201.gif (2MB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
gifs_201.gif
2MB, 320x454px
>>757480
>>757494
what is this pussy shit on my /out/?

this is how a real man does it
>I bring my razor scooter and bring a paper bag with a two sheets of binder paper covered in glitter unicorn stickers, a uranium spork, 2 pounds of nitroglycerin, a telephone pole and a used condom to hold water.
>I usually ride about 2000 miles out into the polar tundra and go to as many polar bear dens as possible.
>If the polar bear is good I stay for up for a month, if the polar bear is bad I find I will stay for 3-5 days

get on my level, faggots
>>
>>757480
Fucking millennials. Do you really have to use Snapchat when you have to do anything remotely challenging outdoors? Does this make your boyfriend more willing to suck your dick or something?
>>
>>760506
>how dare you have friends
>>
>>757480
>I bring a pogostick, rolling luggage with a poncho and a down comforter, 8 pounds of birdseed, a .50BMG rifle and a 20oz nalgene bottle for water.
>I usually hop about 500 miles into a UNESCO protected area as deep as possible
>if the cryptozoology hunting is good i stay for 2 years, if not i stay for 3-5 days
>yes, always alone, nobody is willing to camp the way I camp
>>
>>760506
you have to ask this about a generation that instachats every meal. Before eating and the BM after.
If I don't post it, it didn't happen.

I recently mentioned, casually, something I had done. 1st response was, can you give me the link to the vid?
>>
File: TOPKEK.jpg (4KB, 240x144px) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.jpg
4KB, 240x144px
>>760528
>pogostick and rolling luggage
>mfw

well,
>I bring my surfboard and bring a dolce and gabbana clutch with a bearskin and a kerosene space heater, a claymore, 2 pounds of chewing tobacco, a fishing pole and bottle to hold bourbon.
>I usually ride about 500 miles out into the empty quarter of the arabian peninsula and go as deep as possible.
>If the fishing is good I stay for up for a month, if no fish in the sand I find I will stay for 3-5 days
>>
File: 0416161557.jpg (4MB, 1872x3328px) Image search: [Google]
0416161557.jpg
4MB, 1872x3328px
>What do you bring?
my dual sport, a backpack with a tarp, sleeping bag, knife, lighter and a small pack of dried straw incase i cant get a fire started, some jerky, a couple pouch meals, fishing rod and small tackle box and a canteen/hydropack. sometimes a couple joints or a flask full of whiskey
>What do you do?
follow single track trails and game trails as far as i can, usually try to stay near the water. once i get 20 miles or so in i set up camp and fish
>How long do you do it?
usually leave friday afternoon and come home sunday evening
>Do you go alone?
sometimes, i have a friend who bring his dual sport occasionally too but hes a bit of a pansy and will only go if weather is going to be perfect
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.