[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self driving car camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: road_ready_small.jpg (59KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
road_ready_small.jpg
59KB, 592x394px
>drive to trailhead
>get out of car and program it to meet you later
>hike trail to nearest road crossing
>self driving car there waiting for you
>car camp
>go home
or
>tell car to meet you at next road crossing on the trail
>hike some more

In less than a decade hikers won't even need tents and car camping will be a legit thing even seasoned hikers do simply for for convenience.
Is this good or bad thing?
>>
>>757005
You could only hike trails that you can cover in one day this way, which usually suck
>won't even need tents
I think you are talking about sleeping in a car
Car camping is often done with tents, you park the car and set up a tent.
Sleeping in a tent>sleeping in a small car
>>
>>757005
I did this all the time as a teen for river/stream fishing trips. Only it was my mom driving.

I like this technology.
>>
File: PC284927.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PC284927.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
I would rather have a self driving rv.
Get off work on Friday, go to bed in rv , wake up at the lake 400 miles away.
>>
>>757050
>going camping with your mom

lol
>>
>>757005
Apple is making these now. No more accidents and you are going to have a designated driver (the car) so no more DUI's.
>>
>>757647
>he has never been camping with his parents

Sorry you had a shit child hood anon.
>>
>>757647
What kind of shitty childhood did you have?
>>
>>757666
Enjoy your self driving mom satan
>>
>>757666
>>757668
I went with my dad
>>
>>757640
Is that a house paint and a paint roller?
>>
>wanting to car camp
>wanting to camp in proximity to a road
The real application as I see it is that you can send the car to the end of a 20+ mile trail so you don't have to get someone to pick you up at the end. You could do 100 miles of the AT or something and have the car waiting for you when you're done.
>>
>>757647
>fishing trips =/= camping

Are you deluded? Also, what is wrong with you and your parents?
>>
>>757689
My grandmother was the best person to go fishing with. She'd show up at like 4am and be like "you ready to catch some bass!?" She'd fix bacon, eggs, and biscuits on the shore while I fished then fix the fish for lunch on the shore.
>>
>>757698
This
You could drive to one side of a mountain range, and send the car to the other side to be waiting for you when you get there
>>
You are are quite optimistic. I don't really have high hopes, myself.

> Pick trail start / camping ground / nice spot for
> That location does not exist.

Alternatively:

> Pick trail start / camping ground / nice spot for
> Last bit is dirt roads
> dirt road is a bit different than the GPD coordinates programmed.
> Car goes offroad
> Car gets damaged.
> Car gets stuck.

Maybe I'm a cynic, I don't know.
>>
>>757005
I would actually love this for kayaking
>drive to put in spot
>program truck to drive to take out
>truck waiting to receive my yak as I finish a day of fishing.
Sound pretty good TBHfamalam
>>
>>757769
>car gets stolen
>car isn't allowed to park there and gets towed
>>
>go hiking
>some random faggots car comes rolling up on a timber trail
>parks itself on shitty cliffside road
>push faggoty car off side of cliff
>kek as i sleep most comfy in my tent and not some cramped piece of shit faggotry

Yeah sounds like fun m8.
>>
>>757689
>>757689
My dad died before I was born

>that bastard life

Thanks for making me feel shitty about being /out/ with my loving mother.

You faggit.
>>
>>757832
>making me feel shitty
grow a set you fuck knob. What gives you a right to whine?
>>
>>757830
Why would you do this?
What did that person ever do to you?
>>
>>757963
They made their stupid car drive into the wilderness unattended.
What didn't they do.
>>
>>757690
Worse, it's bed liner paint.
>>
>>757832
Nothing wrong with going camping with your mom. It proves she was worth more as a female then simply a self propelled vagina as most women are.
>>
>>757966
So if you leave your camp or gear unattended I have the right to throw it off of a cliff?
If you leave your home unattended, I have the right to burn it down?
>>
>>758647
Go for it.
My house is locked though so that's breaking and entering and arson.
>>
>>759278
>My house is locked
So was the car you tipped off a cliff
That's destruction of private property
>>
>>759278

>Implying you can push two tonnes of steel under breaks and gearbox

Kek
>>
>>757005
>>757640

This does sound pretty good actually. I'd definitely push myself harder I if I knew I could just relax and nap while my car drove me home from the trail head
>>
>>757698

Yes indeedy

Your car could drive itself home in the meantime, or perhaps to a friend's house where they could drop some supplies in the boot for you
>>
>>759339
>knowing this little about cars and trying to be a clever faggot with such little information

Top kek m8.
>>
File: 1409000699576.jpg (9KB, 206x212px) Image search: [Google]
1409000699576.jpg
9KB, 206x212px
>>757769
>>757829
>>757830

Basically all of this. Somewhere between the failures of GPS roadway designations outside normal civilization (where normal cell service still dare not venture), the failures of the car's path selection abilities, and the ever present issues of vandals, car thieves, parking issues, private property owners, tow trucks and natural obstructions (fallen trees, fallen rocks, cattle standing in the roadway, poor shoulders and steep ravines, etc..) I just don't see this thing making it /out/ to the trailhead that I could use it at on its own.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.