[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got a new super sick gransfors bruks axe. i wanna ingrave it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Gransfors_01.jpg (474KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Gransfors_01.jpg
474KB, 800x533px
got a new super sick gransfors bruks axe.

i wanna ingrave it with some runes just for fun

suggestions for runes? anything historically relevant to put on the handle?
>>
File: futhroc.gif (24KB, 541x693px) Image search: [Google]
futhroc.gif
24KB, 541x693px
Write some Anglo Saxon Futhorc on there, buddy
>>
>>756883
im pretty set on younger futhark, i just need suggestions for words or thing to write
>>
>>756840
I found and axe for 18 moneys. Should I get it?
>>
>>756934
If you like it and it's not shit, go for it. If you need to really work on it, pass. You'll be better off with a rusty axe head for a couple bucks and have fun restoring it.
>>
>>756840
put S P E R G on the handle
>>
>>756953
in runes or normal alphabet?
>>
>>756953
>Sun Horse ? Ride Spear
>>
>>756840
>ruining a beautiful functional tool with shitty decoration
>>
>>757046
Hylian
>>
>>756840
>He fell for the GB meme
>>
>>757151
GB makes very high quality axes I'm not sure how they are meme.
>>
>>757173
It's clearly not a meme, but essentially you're paying a ton of money for no reason other than a brand name. If you have money to blow cause fuck it, then go for it, but if you're looking for quality at a good price point, gransfors is a little tryhard.
>>
>>757173
Why are they black, do they spray paint on them or the steel is that color?
>>
>>757216
Steel oxidizes when exposed to high temps during heat treatment (or forging, in GB's case), unless the HT is done in an oven with an inert gas blanket.

The black is oxidation, which they grind off when doing the final shaping of the cutting edge.
>>
>>757210
I guess it is 'a ton' to some people. Their most expensive axe is like $200 or something, which isn't much to many of us.

As with about anything else there are diminishing returns. I have a Husqvarna splitting axe that was less expensive than a comparable GB, and it works well. Would a GB be measurably better in some way? Maybe, but I am not going to sperg out about it. Fretting over how another man spends his money is the height of stupidity.
>>
>>757245
Thanks for taking the time to explain me based anon
>>
File: IMAG0114.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0114.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>756945
>have fun restoring it

I did this. Its awesome having a relic of human dominance over mother nature hanging on the wall.

Not like anyone else is gonna see it but still proud of it.
>>
>>757287
>using tools as decoration
>>
>>757295
Eat it
>>
>>757173
2 years ago a small forest axe was 60€. Now they're 90€ for no reason other than people will buy it for it's meme status. Bushcraft made GB big.
The brand isn't really popular in Sweden. Scandinavians mostly use Hultafors because it's cheap and just as good.
I thought about getting a GB a while ago and started researching, I also made a thread about it here. When I found out how much the price got jacked up and that I get a hand forged axe with the same handle and same steel for one third of the money I went for it.
I don't regret it one bit.

GB does really good work, the finish is way better, but the function is the same. It's like comparing an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy.
>>
>>757287
Noice job anon. It could use some linseed oil tho. Anyway it looks gud.
>>
>>757313
Using food as decoration is even worse
>>
>>757142
> a little decoration will ruin it's functionality

Lel good b8
>>
>>757255
>amazon gransfors bruks
>axes range from 150 to 280
>husqvarna is 50 bucks

Three to four times the price is a "ton". Like I said, if you just feel the need to blow the money, fine, but it ain't gonna do anything better than a whole ton of midrange axes out there. It's like buying a bestmade axe and thinking it's going to chop better cause it came with a sling. To me it's like buying a vehicle. A jeep doesn't do anything demonstrably better than a comparably equipped toyota but you pay 20k more for it. Cool, go for it, I don't give a shit what people spend their money on, but if you're someone who's trying to get the best return on investment, buying a gransfors is a fail.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.