[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Websites for buying gears?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (24KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 300x238px
What are some good websites to buy survival/hiking gears such as knifes, tents backpacks etc.?

I usually buy at deal extreme as they have alot of items and it is very cheap for a okey quality.
>>
I bought an as from alixpress. It's an alocs. Took forever to arrive but it did. Sturdy and cheap. Besides the waiting, no problems at all.
>>
>>756802

You don't need to bump. This is a slow as fuck board, your topic will be up for days.
>>
>>756794
Please never rely on anything from dealextreme without thorough testing.
>>
>>756901
Why? Did you had a bad experience?
>>
>>756794
bump for interest
>>
sierra trading post
mostly just overstock, but you can find good stuff and they always have like 40% off coupons to use
>>
DX, Wish and AliExpress are fine for random knick-knacks like keyrings, steel wire, bunch of (shitty) paracord and stuff like that. They're also pretty good with things that have no moving parts, like the gerber shard or cheap ass fixed blade knives for batoning and general abuse.

Don't get anything with moving parts or that you rely heavily on and you'll be fine.
>>
Deal extreme sucks

I will never buy from them again
>>
>>756910
No, but you can't rely on the item you receive to be like thebitem they advertise. It's china!

The item will often be a poor quality version of whatever is being advertised and may or may not be in functioning order when you get it. As another anon said, simple items should be fine but even then don't count on the "titanium fork" being genuine titanium if it costs you $1.98 or other similar too good to be true type deals.

If it's an item you might rely on in a survival situation, it likely won't perform as required.
>>
>>756794

http://www.wranglermart.com
>>
>>756794
knifes is not a word
knife or knives

I would not rely on their quality if it was actually going to be used for survival, that being said I'm waiting for a knockoff knife from aliexpress....will report back when I get it
>>
>>757159
I have a fake Strider SMF I picked up on DX. I had to look really hard to distinguish it from the real thing and the blade holds an edge well enough that I believe it is actually the D2 they advertised. At the very least it is hardened well, whatever it is.

Maybe not up to par with a real Strider but a hell of a lot better value.
>>
Semi related question. I was thinking about getting a el cheapo fixed blade to be abused (batoning mostly) from one of those chinese websites. Would any of you guys share your experience or knowledge?
>>
>>757159
Yeah sorry about that, english is not my mother tongue.
>>
>>757248
Joe Robinet (Canuck bushcrafter dude on youtube) reviews a cheap chinese knockoff knife on his channel, seems to hold up to his basic tests.
>>
>>757183
holy price markups batman!

and I thought some other knives were overpriced....I'm all for supporting the companies who come out with quality products, but there is a point where you say "there is no way I will ever get that amount of cost benefit from that" or "I'm not going to take that with me only to have it get lost"

the same thing with insane $50-100K watches; I would never be able to wear something like that....every time it got scratched it would be like loosing $5,000

>>757248
so you are buying something with the intention of using it for a task it was not meant for....just buy the right tool

for $20-25 you can get a regular or half hatchet

>>757286
don't worry, even native speakers regularly say the same thing
>>
>>757570
Thanks I'll look it up

>o you are buying something with the intention of using it for a task it was not meant for....just buy the right tool
That is your assumption. We are not even talking about a particular knife. Just knives. I already have a hatchet, it weights half a kilo so I want a lighter piece of metal, want to shave some grams off my pack that's all.
>>
Woot
Ita where amazon sells their overstock.
Bought my wifes pack from them. Its a high sierra hawk 45. Got it for $50.
Bought my hammock (Yukon outfitters bugnet version) for $20. Got the Yukon rainfly for $10.
>>
>>757654
>That is your assumption
noo, you clearly said "el cheapo fixed blade to be abused (batoning mostly)"

knives are not made for splitting logs, you're going to have to carry an additional knife to actually use for cutting

use the proper tool you already have, buy a different tool (likely of equal weight) meant for the same purpose, or make one yourself
>>
>>757583
>$20-25
$18.76 for mine. I just need to know how sharp to make it now. Should axe be like knife edge razor sharp?
Good deal, right?
>>
>>757842
>Should axe be like knife edge razor sharp?
start watching at 18:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22tBYD-HMtA
>>
>>756794
>>757119
You get what you pay for, read the comment section, before buying anything from there.

I have been generally happy with them, but just remember to read small print and stuff, don't wait too much from their products.
>>
dx and aliexpress have some really nice canister stoves
kovea spider is a respected and very good low profile remote canister stove but you can find it on amazon/ebay/etc
forgot its name but the lightest weight/smallest canister stove is some aliexpress chinese stove. heat doesn't go very low, but the pot supports are actually p decent.
chinese pocket rocket knockoff is a tried and true good $10 stove

can get some real good deals on titanium cookware. it's all the same shit no matter where you buy it.

fasttech has some really good cheap knives if you know how to filter through shit. sanremru/etc are solid beater knives.
>>
I get a lot of stuff from Fasttech.com. knives, batteries, etc.
>>
>>757183
>Kevin John knife
>the blade holds an edge well enough that I believe it is actually D2
top lel
>>
Anyone ever buyed clothing from Ali? Any advice?
>>
>>761000
The "shark skin" suits are pretty nice for the money.
The stitching is not the best, but you will have to look close to notice.
The material is good. Rain slides off like nothing.

Check sizing first.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.