[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys? What materials should I look for when buying socks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Sup guys? What materials should I look for when buying socks for long hikes, ~20miles/day during couple weeks. I need to buy new ones because last time I did a 200miles hike during two weeks I ended with my feet like a war zone. Thanks
>>
>>756219
By synthetic liner socks and woolen trekking socks. Waring two pair of socks takes a lot of the friction away from your skin and reduces blisters.
>>
>>756231
this

also good practice with your feet - when you stop for lunch (or, as many times as your feet dictate) change your socks, give them a rub, talc them up if you have an issue with moisture, and then put a fresh pair of socks on.
>>
>>756231
Yup. 2 layers and 2 pairs. You should always be wearing one pair, while the other pair is drying outside your pack.

While you hike, you crush the loft of your socks. When you beat and wash them, you restore the loft
>>
I just use darn tough boot socks, so damn comfy, they are synthetic/wool and really nice. I walk all day in them with no problems. Although they are a bit warm for nice weather.
>>
3 Seasons: Darn Tough Hiker 1/4 Sock http://darntough.com/men/mens-hike-trek/hiker-1-4-sock-cushion
Summer: The lighter weight verion of those

its not a meme they're the best socks ever and they'll last forever. i blow holes through other merino socks in 2-3 months at work and my darn toughs have been doing strong at 2.5 years. well worth the cost.

the 1/4 socks are a good all around size, they're tall enough that i haven't had a problem with boots chafing my ankles but short enough to wear with trail runners. you will get tan lines from them unlike no-show socks but they're a lot more comfortable.

pack 2 pairs. don't bother with liner socks that's old hat. i've tried every material imagineable and nothing comes close to just wearing a pair of darn toughs alone. if you really must go that route i had the best luck with polypropylene but it's very hard to find a well made polypropylene sock without seams which kinda defeats the purpose of a liner.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.