[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Altoids Survival Kits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: altoids_wintergreen_tin.jpg (30KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
altoids_wintergreen_tin.jpg
30KB, 380x380px
Hey /out/

I'm in the process of making a few Altoids survival kits and need a bit of help with my fishing kit. Has /out/ made fishing kits like this before? If so can you guys share pictures and talk about your kits? Finally, are there any non-screw eyelets I can buy? Something with a flat head ( like a nail ) I could pound into the branch I'd be using would be nice.
>>
>>756120
Didn't you get the memo about dead memes? They stay dead.
>>
I only use these for a couple joints and a lighter
>>
>>756120
>making a fishing kit that doesn't float in water.
You're a fucking retard, enjoy dropping all of your line, hooks, lures and weights into a river and getting hypothermia to recover them.

Use a pill bottle or a small water bottle, they float.
>>
>>756120
Unless you clean the tin really good the hooks and line will still taste/smell minty and you'll never catch any fish. Altoids tins cannot be used for these easily.
I probably should post this in the interest of keeping the meme alive but srsly.... a full survival it in an altoids tin? Are you like 8 and believe this?
>>
altoid PR shill plz go and stay go
>>
>>756120

I like to shove the tin up my ass, so I can be minty fresh for days.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 736x736px
>>756120
Somebody always posts a pic with a kit that uses these little fishing "keys" made out of a coat hanger or paper clips and I can't find it online. Somebody will post it eventually. It was kinda cool.
>>
>>756232
Why wouldn't you harvest the line from paracord? Those spools take a lot of room.
Also, nicotine, not really condusive to fish catching.
>>
Why not just buy a YoYo fishing reel? It's almost the same size.

I see these little kits all the time, never really understood it. I'd imagine a sharpened stick would be just as effective as one of those dinky ass kits.

Also, I would only use an Altoids tin to store some cotton balls covered in Vaseline, for easy fire starting.
>>
>>756237
if you've ever had to pull more than a few feet of it out then you'd understand
>>
>>756159
>imblygin this doesnt float
>>
>>756232
>shad darts
>in a survival kit

Good luck with that...
>>
There is a place online called special bottle I think and they sell the tins as blanks. Bought 12 or so a few years back and use them for small projects. Cost less than 1 USD per tin, and shipping was a few more.
>>
specialtybottle .com there we go.
>>
>>756159
I know the Altoids thing is to use what you have laying around that's where tiny peanut butter jars and an odd mmj bottle come in for me. Otherwise a "survival kit" that isn't bright, sealed,buying and actuay big enough to hold shit seems silly. Decent idea to play with but come on.
>>
>>756237
>Why wouldn't you harvest the line from paracord?
Because it's a stupid armchair survivalist meme, and you'd only ever really do it if your F4 is shot down over the jungle by a North Vietnamese MiG and all you have is your Rambo knife and a mile of parachute shrouds.
>>
>>756863
A lot of fish are line shy.having monofil or flouro will serve you better.

Flouro is extremely strong, and isn't as vulnerable to shredding. It serves manyuses besides fishing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.